Percy and the Chocolate Facto...

By Loki1191

I didn't know what exactly happened. I just know that I need to make the best of it. My mom is alive, Willy W... More

Chapter two

Chapter one

1.3K 41 56
By Loki1191

Picture above just broke my heart.

Five years since the Giant War and four and a half years since my parents deaths. I was not the same girl after that. The childish part of my personality has died down. Instead demigods view me as a heroic figure that is wise beyond my years. I would have laughed in their face about six years ago.

I guess sarcasm and humor doesn't come as easily as before when you've seen too much.

The war was over, but the price had been far, far too high.

Too many have died for the gods and their mistakes.

My family died. My unborn brother went with them. I'm the one left standing

After Tartarus, I knew that things would be different. I would be different, but I could handle it. I had my friends and my parents to rely on after all, but then they died along with my unborn brother. I just...broke. 

I felt so empty, so alone.

Memories came back so easily. Nightmares happened often.

No matter what I do to move on from the pain. I'll always know that I'll never get to hug my mother again.

I'll never see my little sibling grow up. I'll never see my stepfather do what he loves best, teaching.

I missed the times when my mother would sit down and watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with me. We would sing along with the oompa loompas and cuddle. We'd be eating blue popcorn and make jokes about the movie. They were some magical times.

I missed her warm smile.

I tried watching it again, but it wasn't the same.

And Paul died protecting my mother. He was the best stepfather I ever had. He may have been just a mortal and didn't even have the sight, but he sure handled the demigod world better than anyone else.

I tried moving on. After all I should be grateful. I still had my friends.

Though the only friends that were at camp was Annabeth and Leo. The others were off doing their other duties.

I was determined to keep my pain a secret. My friends thought I was okay now. That was good.

I even went on a few dates with some other demigods to prove it. Though I never got serious with any of the demigods.

I led a normal demigod life. Until I went to the candy shop.

The shop was the normal shop. I just wanted to get some candy for my friends for when I got back.

It happened right when I entered the shop. I looked down and suddenly the ground was a lot closer than it was before. I walked past a mirror and freaked out.

I was twelve years old! Twelve!

This isn't possible! Is this a dream? I pinched myself hard.

Nope, not I dream. I rubbed the sore spot.

"Percy, what are you doing here?" A familiar voice said from behind me.

Mother? I slowly turned around.

There she was. She was younger, but she was alive! And all I could do was stare.

"How many times do I have to tell you that skipping school is not an option," Sally said with a sigh.

I snapped out my shock for a second.

"I-uh I'm sorry?"

She smiled and shook her head.

"What am I going to do with you?"

It felt so unreal. Is this another realistic nightmare where she will just die before my eyes?

I stared at her desperately. Even if this is a dream I wanted her to stay

"Here let me see if I can leave early today," my mother said going in the back of the shop to find her boss.

I quickly ran to catch up with her.

"Bill, I was wondering if it'd be possible to take the rest of the day off?" She asked hopefully. My daughter is here and I want to spend some time with her."

The man smiled warmly at me.

"Business has been busy with Wonka's tickets and all, but I suppose the rest of the day won't hurt."

I  grabbed my mother's hand and stood closer.

"Wonka's tickets?" I asked.

"Yes, things got quite crazy after the first one was found. Now the second one is found and things have only gotten crazier," Bill replied.

Oh my gosh! This can't be. Maybe this is a trick?

"You mean Willy Wonka? Like candy factory Willy Wonka," I said in shock.

Bill looked at me strangely.

"Have you been living under a rock? Of course I'm talking about that Willy Wonka!"

I inwardly freaked out.

"Oh yeah, five golden tickets right?" I said smoothly.

"Yes, that reminds me," the man grabbed a candy bar from the shelf and handed it to me. "I'm sure no one will notice if one bar is missing."

I gave him a grateful smile. I doubted it had the golden ticket, but I appreciated the gesture.

"Uh thanks," I said awkwardly.

I looked at the bar curiously and glanced around the shop. There was all kinds of candy, but they were missing something. There was no Hershey stuff, Kit Kats, Milky Ways, Three Musketeers, or any of the popular candy.

The majority of it was Wonka stuff. The other stuff was not even close to the popular candy from home. It seemed that with Wonka in business, he stopped other candy from existing. He made up new kinds of candy, but prevented the stuff from home from happening.

"Good bye!" I waved at the dude as innocently as I could, but it sounded a bit shaky.

I pulled at my mother's hand insistently. She chuckled at my antics.

I knew that breaking dowm in such a public place would not be a good idea.

The walk to our house was harder than usual. If this was a dream it sure is a weird one.

We just arrived at the house. Yes, a house. It was quite plain. Though the trees looked like nice climbing trees.

I wondered what happened to the apartment we lived in.

"Percy, are you okay?" Mom asked in concern as I stumbled into the house.

I turned my gaze to her. This was real. How can it be real?

"Mother?"

My voice broke as the tears poured down my face.

Mom looked alarmed.

I threw my arms around her.

"I'm sorry," I said through my sobs.

So, very sorry.

I couldn't belive it. After all this time she was here. She was actually here!

Sally's P.O.V.

Something was wrong. I wasn't stupid. First thing I noticed was the gray streak of hair Percy had. It wasn't there before.

The way Percy looked at me in the shop was different. She seemed...older. It was like she couldn't believe I was here. It was strange.

She acted like she has never even heard of Willy Wonka when she actually idolized him. She held my hand like I could dissappear in a snap. Then the way she looked at me before she broke down was just heartbreaking. Something happened. I don't know what, but I knew that pushing her would not be a good idea. She'll tell me in her own time.

So, we just sat on the couch for a few hours. Percy was on my lap and I had my arms wrapped around her like when she was six. We didn't say a word because there wasn't anything I could say. She just buried herself into my side. The Chocolate bar lay forgotten in Percy's coat pocket.

Percy's P.O.V.

It's been a week. Mom went to work and I went back to prison.

Okay, not really. It was worse. School...the bane of my existence. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was real. Demigods were not. That meant no Smelly Gabe. Which meant Mom was able to afford a small house. It took awhile to get used to this, but I think I can live with this.

I didn't want to go back. Here I could be normal. Well kind of. Once my camp necklace came off I was my normal adult self, but I could just keep it on.

Once Mom came home I would attach myself to her side. I knew that I was being unreasonable. Normal twelve years olds don't like hanging out with their mom every moment of the day. They went to play with other friends, but I couldn't bring myself to care. My mom was alive and I intended to spend every moment I can with her. You know the saying 'you never know the value of someone until you actually lose them.' Well, I learned my lesson. I have a second chance and I'm not going to waste it.

Anyways the third person has found a golden ticket. It was the same person from the movie. The Violet girl. Things should go according to the movie as long as I stay away from Wonka bars I should be fine.

Which would be easy. I never cared for candy much since my parent's deaths. It just didn't have the same meaning.

Even if Mom is alive she isn't the right person. My real mom knows about demigods. She was a brave and kind woman that can't truly be replaced by a parallel her.

"Mom!"

I ran up to mother at the bus stop and threw my arms around her. She smiled at me.

The rest of the day was spent playing board games and watching Finding Nemo.

It was perfect.

*******

"Come on Percy! Just do it this one time," Mother pleaded.

This is so unfair. Mother is using the puppy eyes on me and they actually look like puppy eyes. Mine just look like baby seal eyes. It was frustrating. Mom wanted me to go out on a mother daughter night. I would of agreed if it wasn't the candy store.

"Percy, you chose the place last time!"

"Fine," I said reluctantly.

Sally grinned victoriously.

I pouted as we walked to the candy shop. How do I get myself talked into these things!

I refused to eat anything there. It ended up backfiring.

"We'll get two Wonka bars, please," Mom finally told Bill after a hushed argument over how I refused to get anything.

My eyes widened. I mean I know that I have a like .00001 percent chance of getting a golden ticket, but knowing my luck a .00001 percent chance is a
.00001 percent chance too many. You know what I mean?

I looked at the choclate bar set in front of me. It was a nice wrapper. It was kinda cool looking.

Mother looked at me expectantly.

I gulped. Maybe this world's Fates are nicer. I hope so. With that I ripped the thing open and...nothing. Just the chocolate. I felt like dancing. I didn't ruin the whole movie/book thing. Mother looked a bit disappointed. I didn't blame her. If I was a normal kid I would have loved to find a golden ticket.

I managed to get out of eating it by using the skills I learned from Herme's kids to slip the chocolate into the pocket of a passerby. I felt so proud of myself.

*********

Yep, school sucks. My math teacher is being a jerk. I already knew this stuff, so I just draw random pictures in my sketchbook while the teacher yaps. I drew just about anything. In one sketchbook I had stuff from my world. In the other one I have drawing of more random stuff that isn't from my world. On the first sketchbook the first picture is one of Mom and Paul. Both their eyes were glowing with happiness. The rest of the book I filled with candy bars that aren't in this world (I was bored) and my adventures in the demigod world like fighting the Minotaur. I even drew a picture of me fighting in the Giant War and against Kronos. I drew another picture of Annabeth and me in Tartarus. That one was hard to make because of how it scared me. The other sketchbook the first picture is of Mom cuddling with me on the couch. Her eyes looking at me lovingly. That was probably my favorite picture. The other pictures were pictures of creatures like fairies, unicorns, and dragons.

I thought I was pretty good at sketching. Then again maybe it's all terrible drawings in other people's eyes. I just wanted to take advantage of the normal life I was somehow given so I took a hobby that could I could enjoy. Though I can't have people getting the first sketchbook.

Mom is working late today!

I huffed as I walked from the bus stop. It was middle of March so it was quite chilly. The neighborhood was quite peaceful. Except for that dang dig that kept bugging me. I froze as I felt an unfamiliar square in my pocket. Oh, crap I forgot all about it! Stupid Wonka is following me everywhere.

Wonka has been haunting my thoughts for a long time. I mean I do want to get a chance to experience the place for myself, but I knew that if I went I would replace another character and that'd most likely be Charlie. So, not a good idea.

What am I going to do with it! I ran my hands through my hair.

Come on Percy. You're overreacting. There's no way that this bar could have the golden ticket. I'll just...

I looked at the Pit Bull growling at me from the street.

...give it it to the annoying dog next door! I knew it was a bit cruel because chocolate was bad for dogs and all, but that dog was scary. It would glare and growl at me as I walk by from school. It kind of deserves it. I grabbed the candy bar out of my pocket and walked up to the fence.

The dog barked at me. His glare was really freaking me out.

"Good doggy," I said staring wearily at the dog as I fumbled with the chocolate.

Come on. Mom's going to be home any time now! I quickly unwrapped the bar and threw the chocolate over the fence.

See, Percy. It's not that bad.

I grabbed the garbage and smugly walked back to my house. Yep, I totally won. Take that Fates!

I was just about to throw the garbage away when Mother arrived.

Busted...

Mother looked at the garbage in slight confusion. She knew I didn't eat chocolate anymore.

"Percy, that's that?"

I panicked.

"..Umm I was eating the candy I got from your boss," I said nervously.

I was never good at lying.

"No, the thing right there," she pointed to the golden foil peaking out from underneath the wrapper.

I picked it out and looked at it.

"I don't know. Maybe it's another wrapper."

Mom grabbed it and looked it closer. After a moment she gasped and stared at it in disbelief.

A feeling of dread flooded my stomach. No, that couldn't be it.

"What, Mom! What is it?" I demanded, dread pooling at my stomach.

"It's a golden ticket," she said still staring at it in disbelief.

"It's a golden ticket!" she squeeeled in excitement.

"We're going to Willy Wonka's factory!"

I just stood there in shock. Oh my gods! Why does this always happen to me? I didn't even try to get the dang thing!

Okay, so I'm thinking of actually making a story out of this. I have quite a few ideas. So comments? Votes are good too. The picture below is completely random, but hilarious.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 13.7K 21
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
427K 10.8K 60
Lady Florence Huntingdon, daughter of the well-known and more importantly, well-respected Earl and Countess Huntingdon is stepping into the 1813 marr...
867K 19.7K 48
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
181K 5.3K 68
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...