Henrietta Potter

By The_MusicalBookworm

"BLOODY HELL!" Henrietta Potter is very different from any normal girl, a different kind of different in fact... More

.well bloody hell.
.Invisible.
.Trouble.
.Platform 9¾.
.Hogwarts Express.
.If it weren't for that ugly hat.

.Hogwarts.

117 7 22
By The_MusicalBookworm

[UNEDITED]
_______________________
Chapter 6: Hogwarts

Albus and I stopped dead in our tracks. "Woah" I gasped. The castle reflected the color of the sky, reddish brown. the scenery before me was unexplainable. I could see the Hogwarts castle from a distance, we had a long way to go but the scene was picturesque. with the backdrop of densely wooded trees, a crystal blue lake and taupe mountains with bushy green heads as far as the eye could see. The place was isolated, but it was isolated in place of pure natural beauty. Maybe it was so for me because I hadn't witnessed the world firsthand.  I was a first timer and the woody scent the vibrant colors all danced in my new found vision. So this is what the real world looks like. All of a sudden I didn't want to go inside, I wanted to stay here forever. "Come on everyone's moving." Albus said pulling me ahead.

"Albus! hold up" A voice called out, Albus stopped and I ran into him. We turned around and found a running James trying to carry 5 bags all at once. He peeked from beside his suitcases and stopped us from going any further. He placed his bags down on the ground and looked long and hard at me, as if asking me to disappear. I squirmed under his gaze, should I proceed walking? is that what he's saying.

"I think I know who you are." He said to me eyeing Albus and my intertwined hands. Should let go? is this bad news.  "We need to sort this out right here, right now." James said slowly and carefully. He then proceeded to pull out an envelope from one of his many bags. 

" Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Headmistress: Minerva McGonagall (Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Witch, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards) Dear Ms. Potter, We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31. Yours sincerely, Minerva McGonagall Headmistress". James read aloud, he then folded the letter and put it back into his bag before straightening up and staring at me.

"You aren't a Weasley... You're a Potter. When I first received that mail this year I thought it was for Albus, but then Albus already got his. I was pretty confused especially when I read about the Ms. Potter part. Until I was sitting in my cabin and thinking about how you-he paused- looked exactly like someone, My mother! I put two and two together and now.I.need.answers." he said in a serious tone. I was confused, Albus was frozen and nearly everyone had overtaken us!

"Well." He asked.

"Um. I'm, not? My um." I struggled for words.

"James, leave her alone, Her name is Tiana Roadkill." Roadkill?

"Roadkill?" James echoed looking at me suspiciously.

"It's actually Radcliffe." I said in a soft voice. James laughed out loud. "How on earth did you hear roadkill Al!" he snorted disbelievingly. "Nevermind, are you muggle born?" well, I did live in the muggle world.

"Yes. I am" I avoided his eyes that fortunately weren't my father's otherwise he'd look like a carbon copy of my father. The thought alone frightened me. 

"Hmm. Very well, I'm sure the sorting hat will give you away. Sister." He said snidely. Albus clutched my hand tightly. Will the sorting hat really give my cover away? Albus and I followed James silently towards the taunting castle.

"Hop in this boat. it'll take you to the castle. I can't ride it, it's only for first years." James said ushering us onto a small boat. "Hurry up! the boats are magically controlled". He warned before disappearing. 

"Where will this take us? We're in the lake and the castle in up on that high hill!"I looked ahead at the other ten or so small boats each with a little lantern hung on to the boat. by the time we reached half way across the lake, it was nightfall and I understod why the lanterns were already lit.

 All at once the boats turned around, and there stood the Hogwarts castle, lit brightly with lights. The castle was magnificent, slightly creepy but it held an aura of superiority in itself.

We left the boats and came face to face with a face of hair, bushy, unruly hair.  He was large, huge! I had to strain my neck to look at him and all I got was a view of his overflowing ungroomed beard.

"Hello, there firs' years! I am Hagrid, Keeper fer the keys and grounds of this here Hogwarts. Yer all goin' to enjoy yer time here. C'mon now follow me inside." The giant took big steps and lead us into the castle. He knocked thrice of the large oak doors and they magically opened before us.

Inside each step echoed around, on one hand, people were greeting one another and on the other hand there were newcomers who were anxious and nervous, I could smell the fear in the atmosphere. I didn't know much about the school, what they thought or who my teachers were, everything was a new experience for me. I turned to ask Albus about something and found that he was nowhere to be seen. Should I call for him? should I stay putt? I spotted a familiar face in the crowd and talked towards Ali. He took notice of me rather quickly, "Hello there munchkin!" he greeted ruffling my hair.  "Can I stick with you? I can't find my friends anywhere." I explained. He made a motion as if to say 'be my guest'.

"What are we waiting for?" I asked him. "To be addressed by the headmistress." he replied bending down to reach my height. A rather old woman with a face wrinkled like paper stood on top of the grand stairwell, upon her arrival everyone was silent. She must be the Headmistress.

"Welcome one and all, first years a hearty welcome and my old students it's nice to meet you again. I hope you enjoyed your break because it's time to hit the books, as you say once again. I'm Minerva McGonagall your headmistress, Before we feast at the grand hall according to tradition we must let the sorting hat choose the destined houses for the first years. After you splurge and fill your bellies; the prefects of the respective houses must present a full tour of the Hogwarts Castle to their new first year housemates. Now that I have said what is to be said, we may enter the grand hall." The grand doors opened into a well-lit room, everyone started rushing up the stairs I followed behind Ali. The first thought that came to mind when I entered the hall. Sophistication, it was just like on those TV shows. There were four long tables kept vertically and one long table kept horizontally. The room was lit by thousands and thousands of candles that were floating in midair.  I wonder if they melt on people? The ceiling was velvety and you could clearly see the moon and the stars from down below. It was a sight to see. "Join that line over there Henrietta." Ali told me showing me to a group of kids around my age. "Henrietta!" Scorpius called from beside me. I smiled and joined the group. "Hey, Tiana." Albus said winking my way. I was sure Scorpius was confused, should I reveal my true name? after all the sorting hat will find out.

"Her name is Henrietta, not Tiana. Right, Henrietta?" Scorpius asked, but before I could answer a silence passed and I didn't dare open my mouth. The headmistress ushered us forward and placed an ugly old hat on a three-legged stool. That's the sorting hat? It looks a thousand years old. Suddenly the silence was broken by none other than the hat! "Oh you may not think I'm pretty, but don't judge on what you see, I'll eat myself if you can find a smarter hat than me." The hat sang. 

All the older students sat on either side of the four tables while we stood waiting for the sorting hat to tell us where to sit. "We will now begin the sorting ceremony." Headmistress McGonagall spoke loud and clear. "Aarya Jin". The first name was called out. The short girl walked over to the stool sat down and had the hat placed on her head. After nearly a minute the hat announced, "Ravenclaw". "Albus potter."  "Anita Preston" ... and it went on. Some were easily chosen while some took around two minutes. After being sorted the student took their seat in their new house. I didn't know much about the houses, but I knew that my favourite colors were blue and green. "Coco Glenn". "Hannah Carter." ... "Gryffindor." I heard the occasional Hufflepuff, Slytherin, Ravenclaw.

How will I get out of this one? They know my name! "Hera Fuentes". Hera? but that's after my name. Was I not on the list?

"Martin Lewis." "Sebastian Weavers." "Taylor Price." ... Hufflepuff, Hufflepuff and Slytherin.

I think they've forgotten me.

________________________________________________

(A/N)

Next chapter will be up when this chapter has 14 votes and around 32 comments 

okay? okay.

hope you enjoyed  the chapter!

This chapter has been dedicated to @Wasimaax who has been asking for an update since wednesday xD

See ya next time ;D

~Neha

________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

182K 4.3K 42
Book One ---------------- Power Prophecy series ---------------- Harry James Potter. The boy who lived. What if there was another person who lived t...
269K 7.1K 28
*This book was written years ago when I was young and inexperienced. It will be really cringey at times so read at your own risk. I DO NOT support JK...
56K 1.8K 36
A dancing pair of fluttery pink fairy wings. That was all anyone ever seemed to see in Lily Luna Potter, because she never took them off. An angel of...
702 85 14
Redamancy- The act of loving someone who loves you back; a love fully returned MATURE- Wattpad likes to take away my tag so, it is mature if they tur...