Saving Cara

By haileyyyeve

Cara is a 17 year old girl who had lost her dad. She's a cheerleader and track star also in photography. She'... More

Characters:
School Day:
Pain:
Help:
Ignoring:
Double trouble:
Dress Picking:
Leak:
All Alone:
Beat up:
Bound to Cameron:
Its So Hard:
Fragile Like Glass:
Worst Wedding:
Guilt:
Therapist:
Fist Fight:
Sleepover:
One Month:
Justice:
TWO MONTHS LATER:
TWO MONTHS LATER 2:
He's Gone:
4 YEARS LATER:

Im Sorry:

136 4 0
By haileyyyeve

I wake up by the sound of the door slamming and I sit up.

"We're home!" I hear Tim yell. I walk downstairs to see mom holding the girl and Tim holding the boy.

"You want to hold Jamie or James?" Mom asked.

"No." I scoot back because she came closer.

"Why not? They're your brother and sister." Mom starts to have an attitude.

"Because!" I accidentally yell. "Sorry, I'm just tired and I'm busy today." I go back upstairs putting on black tights and a simple sweatshirt. I grab the keys "bye mom." I Say to her in the living room. She nods and gives me a smile and looks back down at the sleeping baby.

I pull up at the cafe since I had thirty minutes till my appointment, only to talk. I waited in line when Grayson came in, I turned around quickly. I was debating on if I should leave quickly or stay.

"Cara?" I hear Grayson. I sigh heavily.

"I was just leaving." I sat walking out of the cafe when Grayson follows me.

"Cara, wait!" He grabs my arm. "Where are you headed?" He asks.

"No where." I say lying.

"Cara, I'm not stupid. I know when you're lying." Ugh he caught me!

"Fine. I'm going to a... doctor." I answer him.

"Look, I replayed in my mind what you said. Are you gonna keep it?" He asks.

"No." I say in a low whisper looking at my feet.

"Let me be there for you." He said grabbing both of my hands. My finger hit something like a hard rock on his left hand. I look at his finger and see a ring, I let go of his grip.

"You just feel guilty you didn't help me before. And now you're married, I'm pretty sure you can't be bothered with her wanting to fuck twenty-four seven!" I yelled at him. He looked taken back by what I said, he was about to yell at me when he wrapped me in his arms for a hug.

"I'm coming with you. That's the end of this discussion." Grayson let go of me and opened the drivers door for me to get in. I hesitantly got in and watched as he went into the passenger side.

~

I parked the car out front of the doctors place. I got out of the car and was about to rush into the clinic when Grayson grabbed me.

"I was going to give this to you before everything happened, but we stopped talking. So I want to give it to you now." Grayson pulls out a necklace from his pocket. It was a beautiful stone. "Please just wear it around me so I could feel better." I hesitantly grabbed it from his hand and hooked it around my neck.

We walked inside the clinic and every woman gave me a dirty look. I went up to the lady at the front desk and she gave me a bright smile.

"How may I help you?" She asks.

"I made an appointment to see Dr. Sky." I say.

"Are you Caroline Jhons?" She asks. A lot of people put fake names anyways.

"Yes." I answer softly.

"Okay! He'll see you in a moment." I sat down and Grayson followed me.

"Cara, have you even thought about your options?" Grayson whispers sitting in front of me.

"Like what?" I ask not looking at him.

"Giving birth to it then putting it up for adoption?" He suggests "or just leaving here and giving birth to it far away?"

"I have no body Grayson." My voice cracked and tears prickled my eye "I am alone with no one to help me, care for me, and no one to live with me. I'm all alone and if he finds out about us (her and the child) he'll kill both of us." I hold my stomach.

"Maybe you could just flee with one of my guy-friends?" He asks.

"Look, I know you mean well, but I'm not going to use someone just to take care of my child. I'm not going to manipulate some poor man just so-" I was cut off.

"Caroline Johns." I got up and so did Grayson. We walk into a room that has a bed and chairs. "Take a seat." Dr. Sky said. I sit down on the bed and Grayson stands next to me. "Are you family?"doc asks Grayson.

"He's my brother." I say.

"Okay, lay back Miss. Johns and lift up your shirt." The doc says.

"Do I have to?" I ask. Before he could answer Grayson did.

"Just do it Sis." He looked me in the eyes. I laid back and lifted up my shirt showing bruises from Cameron gripping me to hold me down.

"I'm just going to feel around and use the ultra-sound." Doc starts to pressure his fingers around my stomach. After he was done he put gel on my stomach.

"Are you sure you'll be able to see it. I mean I just found out two days ago?" I ask.

"Hopefully." Doc says and starts to move this remote thing around.

~

"Are you sure Miss. Jhons? Do you really want to give up your child?" I didn't know what to say. "You could alway put it up for adoption."

"I don't know? If it goes to the orphanage there's no telling what they'd do to it." I put my hand on my stomach. "If I keep it then, I don't know what life it'll have." I look at Doc and he frowns.

"Miss Jhons, I can already tell you ARE a strong woman. I don't think you could give this child a better life. I can see how much you care for this child and you don't need a man, you don't need your family to abandon you because you are strong and I know you will choose the right thing for this child." I smile weakly, someone grabs my hand and it's Grayson.

"Thank you." I say to Soc and grab my hand back from Grayson.

"Here's some places like clinics, orphanages, and abortion clinics. The clinic is for check-ups on the baby and the rest are explanatory." I nod my head. I grab the clinic one and we leave.

"Are you keeping it?" Grayson asks once we get in the car, I sigh heavily.

"I don't know, Grayson." I shrug my shoulders and lean back in my seat. "It doesn't need to know who it's father is. And it sure as hell doesn't need to know its mother." I look at my lap.

"I wanted to ask you something." Grayson starts. "I was wondering if you wanted to be my best woman?" He looks at me with hopeful eyes.

"I'll think about it." I chuckle.

~

I jog up the stairs and into my room to see Cameron holding an empty pregnancy test box.

"Cam-" I tried to talk but he looked at me with hell in his eyes.

"Tell me it's not true!" He slammed me against the door, shutting it.

"I'm sorry!" I put my hand up in defense, on the ground. Cameron towered over me and grabbed my wrist. He twisted it backwards making me scream in pain.

"Are you!?" He shouted in my face. When I didn't answer he pushed my arm more back and I screamed.

"Yes!" He let go of my arm and I fell to the ground.

"You're marrying me." He said forcefully.

I didn't want my child having this life. "No." I said barely a whisper. He turned around and grabbed me by the neck, bringing me to my feet. He threateningly put his hand in a fist near my stomach.

"What did you say?" He asked, when I didn't answer his grip on my neck tightened.

"I.." I heaved out the words. "Said... no!" When I finished my sentence he lifted me up off the ground with his hand to my neck. The only thought that ran in my mind was, if I die so does my baby. I kicked him in his area, forcing him to let go. When I dropped to the ground everything was blurry and turning black.

'Must escape. For baby!' I started to crawl to the door but it was too late. Cameron dragged me by my hair and got on top of me, he kept punching me in the face until I couldn't take it anymore, my body shut down and I gave up too.

'At least we'll both be free.' Was my last thought before I blacked out.

~

"Cara!?" I heard someone sobbing and shaking me. I opened my eyes, but hissed as it hurt. "Oh Cara." He leaned over me.

"Grayson?" My throats was dry and sore from screaming.

"Cara, you're still alive!?" He said with excitement "the ambulance is on the way." I tried to move but pain surged through my body.

"My baby." I say.

"It's fine." Grayson said "I checked and you don't have any bruises there."

"Sir, I'm going to need you to step back." Another voice said. I hadn't noticed, but Grayson was holding my hand. I didn't want to let go, I needed him.

"Cara, let go. I'll be in the car with you." Grayson said. I let go as men put me on something and brought me outside.

The trip to the hospital was loud with sirens, people talking, and Grayson talking to me too. When they rushed me into a room they started to do stuff, they put a mask over me and I passed out.

GRAYSONS POV

They rushed her into a room, just like last time. I had her blood all over my shirt and hands. After waiting impatiently the doors opened to see Cara's parents and her baby siblings coming in, they both rushed over to me.

"What happened?" They flooded me with questions.

"I don't know." I say my voice cracked "I just found her like that." I rub my eyes that burned and they sat down next to me "please don't hate me." I begged.

"Honey, you probably saved her life!" Suzy said giving me a hug "I don't know how I could repay you!"

After a while the doors to the hospital opened and Cameron came in. Anger boiled inside me and I charged at him. I pushed him so hard he went flying, I charged at him again on the floor and started to hit him with my fists.

"Now you'll learn!" I yelled slamming my fists against his bloody face.  Cops came and pushed me off of him. Everyone stared at me with wide eyes as I breathed heavily. "He's the reason why Cara is hurt!" I yelled "he's been abusing and raping her!" Cara's parents looked at me wide eyed too "I'm sorry, she's pregnant now and it's his fault!" I pointed to a smirking Cameron.

"We can lock him up for now, but we'll need a statement from the girl." The cops said holding Cameron.

"She'll tell you everything to protect her child. And I'll do anything to see this bastard locked up." I pointed to Cameron again.

~

I drove to Emma's house knowing I needed to make a decision.

"Hey baby!" She smiled giving me a hug. She tried to kiss me but I moved away. "What's wrong?" She asks.

"Emma, I love you. It's just Cara, right now she needs me more than anyone and anything in the world."

"What happened with her?" She asked worried. I know Emma didn't like Cara but then she started to get closer.

"Cameron he abuses her and raped her. She's pregnant and it's his." I sigh and Emma had tears in her eyes. "He beaten her today after he figured out she was pregnant."

"That's awful!" Emma gave me a hug "is she okay!?" She asked worried.

"I don't know." A tear falls from my eye and I rub it away.

"She's so tough, I know she'll make it." She says "is her baby okay?" She asks and I nod yes.

"I'm so scared." I break down and start to cry. Emma makes me sit down and she holds me.

"I'm here. For both of you." She adds.

CARAS POV

When I open my eyes it was bright, a face popped up and shined a flashlight in my eyes.

"Owe!" I tried to say but it came out a mumble, I pushed the hand away.

"Sorry Cara." Someone says. "You are at a hospital and I'm your doctor. A guy named Grayson is on his way and your parents are in the waiting room. Here's water." He hands me a small water cup. I carefully sit up in pain and take a gulp of water.

"Can I have my necklace?" I ask.

"Of course." Doc hands me my necklace and I put it on. I looked down to see I was in a gown.

"How's my baby?" I ask holding my stomach.

"Your baby is fine." The doc smiles happily.

"Thank you." I say and he leaves right when Mom and Tim comes in holding the twins.

"Why didn't you tell us?@ mom started to cry and she came up to me.

"Tell you what?" I ask.

"Cara, I know you are pregnant." She starts to cry "I know what happened between you and Cameron. How he hurt you and did things to you-" I cut her off.

"No." I put my hand up to stop her from talking. "Who told you?" I asked

"Look, Cameron came and Grayson got angry and said some things. I just don't understand why you didn't tell us? Why did you tell Grayson instead of your family?"

"Because I know you don't care about me, you just care about Tim, yourself, and the twins. You were never there for me, so why should I think you would be here for me now."

"What are you talking about?" She asks.

"When dad was dying!" I yelled and the heart monitor started to beep faster. "All you cared about was yourself and Tim. I watched my own father die! In my own arms! Where we you mom!?" I air quoted mom.

"Honey, calm down. Your heart." Mom says putting her hand on my shoulder but I slapped it away.

"How could you not be there for me and then expect me to accept you to be there for me and actually think you would? What gives you the right to act like a mother now?" Mom was crying now and so were the twins. My heart monitor stopped beeping and the doc was standing at the door.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but I have to check on Cara." The doc said, Mom and Tim left with tears in their eyes.

"I'm sorry you had to hear that Doctor." I say

"You are fine Cara." Doc starts to listen to my heart. "Grayson is here if you want to see him?"

"Yes." I say.

Soon after doc left Grayson came in along with Emma.

"We need to tell you something, Cara." Grayson starts.

"We canceled our marriage." Emma said with a sad smile. "Grayson told me that he needs to focus on you-" I cut her off.

"What? You don't have to do that. I don't want me to be the reason you cancel it." I say.

"Well, we realized we were too young and that you were right when you said we barely knew each other." Grayson answers and smiles. "I want to be here for you." 

"Me too." Emma said handing me a teddy bear "I want you to have this until you give birth, give it to the little one." Emma smiles.

"Thanks."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.2K 1.2K 11
Being with Richie was one of the worst things I'd ever done. He was heartless and cruel; with a 'love' that ruined me entirely. "God knows what is hi...
210K 5.8K 61
"I need you to be the put together one because I'm so fucked up. You've saved me." He whispers. "Carter, we saved each other." I mutter looking at hi...
1.7K 24 33
EXPLICIT 18+ ENEMIES TO LOVERS Mature Content-ROMANCE--EXPLICIT SITUATIONS(SEX/ABUSE/BULLYING/Substance abuse) **** Blaze and Sapphire might be from...
28.9M 710K 66
The good girl falls for the bad boy. But what if there is more to Sin Carter than a bad attitude, tattoos and piercings? And what if there is more to...