A Dream Come True (Benedict C...

By mishado

When Bridget Grove is on her way to London out of New York City, she decides to go all out and pay for first... More

A Dream Come True (Benedict Cumberbatch FanFiction)
The Trip Of A Lifetime
Settling In
The Start of the Three Day Adventure
Day Two of Three
Eric's Arrival
The Third Night
An Explanation Well Deserved
A Better Tomorrow
Talking
The Phone Call
Companion
Bang Bang
Home
The Elephant In The Room

The Aftermath

1K 35 6
By mishado

A/N: Thank you all for all the reads! Over 100 now :) Please vote and comment! Love you guys!!

-------------------------

"Holy fucking shit." I managed between sobs. I always cry when I throw up. I looked up at Eric, who was wiping the remnants of my stomach off of his shirt and onto the ground. "I'm so sorry." I whimpered.

"It's karma for me telling you all of that shit." He responded. I could tell he was holding back tears. I felt like shit, emotionally and physically. I really wanted to talk to him, but I knew that was a bad idea while drunk. 

"Eric, you were just being honest. Don't be sorry. I don't think this is going to get any better tonight though, and I need to clear my head. So I'm gonna go to bed now." I said, making my way to the bathroom to clean myself up. When I was done, I went into my room and got into some clean pajamas. I grabbed my phone and texted Benedict.

10:17 PM

Hey, I need to get out of the house. Can I stay at your place tonight? -Bridget

10:17 PM

Sure, love. Is something wrong? -Ben

10:18 PM

I don't want to get into it. Can you please pick me up? I can't drive right now. -Bridget

10:18 PM

I'm on my way. Be there in 10. -Benedict

Good, I needed a place to stay tonight somewhere away from Eric. "Hey Eric, I'm going to stay at Benedict's tonight. I'm sorry, I just need some time away from here tonight. I promise I won't tell him what happened." I yelled through my closed door. No response. "Eric?" Still no response. I went out into the living room, "Eric!" I screamed as I saw the terrible scene in front of me. 

Eric was lying lifelessly on the tan carpet with a giant gash on his head and blood everywhere. "Eric!" I cried again as I rushed to my friend. He must've passed out and hit his head on the sharp corner of the wooden coffee table. I held his head in my hands and sang Matisyahu's One Day quietly as I rocked on my knees. Tears were streaming down my face like waterfalls. "Not you too! I can't live without my Watson." I whispered as I sang and sobbed.

Benedict's POV

"I wonder what has gotten Bridget so upset that she needs me to pick her up. Eric's behavior is probably just getting to her. What if something is wrong? I need to hurry." I doubled my speed as possibilities ran through my head. I got there in 7 minutes flat and slammed on the front door. 

"Benedict come in and hurry!" She screamed as though her arm was falling off. I burst through the door to see Bridget covered in blood, but it wasn't hers. Eric was in her arms with a giant gash in his head. "Help me get him up and into my car! We need to get him to the hospital! He passed out and hit his head on the coffee table! BENEDICT DON'T JUST STAND THERE HELP ME NOW!" She was hyperventilating, drunk, and crying her eyes out. Best to do as she says. 

I threw him over my shoulder and carried him to the back seat of Bridget's car. "I guess I'm driving." I whispered quietly enough so that she couldn't hear me. "Let's go." We rushed to Royal Free Hospital and got there in about 10 minutes. "He's been bleeding for a long time..."

When we got to the hospital, I brought him into the emergency room. Blood was all over Bridget's and my clothes. She hadn't stopped crying the entire ride. I hope for her sake, and Eric's, that he would pull through. I felt terrible, but I doubt that he would survive the night, considering how much blood he's already lost. The doctors took him into a room and told us to wait in the lobby. Bridget was having a panic attack, and all I could do was hold her and stroke her hair. I wanted to tell her it would all be alright, but I could never lie to her like that. I don't know if Eric is going to make it, and I don't want to reassure her with lies. 

It was a few hours before a doctor came out to talk to us. "Are you with Eric Frie?" 

"Yes." Bridget whimpered. She sounded defeated.

"Hello, I'm doctor Hellen Janu. Eric had to have many, many stitches to close up the opening on his head. He also suffered an extremely large amount of blood loss. He should wake up soon, but he will feel woozy and won't remember much from tonight until later. We want to keep him here over night, just to keep an eye on him." Dr. Janu informed us, shaking my hand. 

I held Bridget close to me with one of my arms as we entered Eric's hospital room. "Holy shit, he looks terrible!" I thought to myself. Bridget had been containing herself pretty well in the lobby, considering the circumstances, but she broke down seeing Eric in that room. I didn't blame her. She turned into me, burying her face in my chest. I saw Eric's eyelids flutter as he slowly tried to open them. 

"Bridget?" He half whispered, half coughed.

"Eric!" She rushed over to his side. Part of me felt jealous. "What the hell, Benedict. Her friend is hurt and you're feeling jealous? What is wrong with you! Get a hold of yourself!" I argued in my mind as I walked over to join her.

"How's the head?" I asked. 

"Did something happen to my head? Is that why I'm here?" He was completely bewildered, just like the doctor had predicted. 

"You passed out and hit your head. You lost a lot of blood. Benedict and I drove you here. You've got a good amount of stitches in your head, but you should be fine. They want to keep you here over night though, just to be safe." She was still crying, but not nearly as hard as before.

"Shit, yeah, now I remember." As he finished his thought, his eyes got wide. He looked at Bridget, then at me. "Um...Benedict can I talk to Bridget for a minute?" 

"Um, sure. I'll go grab us some snacks from the vending machine. Be back in 5." I left hesitantly. What happened between those two?

Eric's POV

Ow...my head hurts...where am I? Is that Benedict? And Bridget? Am I in the hospital? "Bridget?" I managed as I coughed harshly. 

"Eric!" She had been crying, and still kind of is. She ran over to the chair next to my bed.

Benedict made his way over to where she was sitting and rested a hand on her shoulder before asking "How's the head?"

"Did something happen to my head? Is that why I'm here?" I asked. "I'm so confused, what the fuck is going on? Shit, my head hurts...

"You passed out and hit your head. You lost a lot of blood. Benedict and I drove you here. You've got a good amount of stitches in your head, but you should be fine. They want to keep you here over night though, just to be safe." Bridget said between sniffles.

"Shit, yeah, now I remember." Then I really remembered. I remembered telling Bridget that I love her. I remembered being a complete asshole to her about Alice. I remembered her puking all over me then deciding to leave for the night. I could only faintly remember falling, though. Probably because I started to pass out as I fell. I felt my eyes get huge as I looked to Bridget, and then to Benedict. "What if she told him? Would he really be this collected if she had?" I wondered.

"Um...Benedict can I talk to Bridget for a minute?" 

He knitted his eyebrows together as if he was suspecting something was going on. She probably hasn't told him yet. "Um, sure. I'll go grab us some snacks from the vending machine. Be back in 5."

Once he had left, Bridget immediately started talking. "No, I haven't told him. Yes, you really did say all of those things. And yes, he's suspicious so he'll probably get back sooner than 5 minutes and just wait outside where if you really listen, you can hear what is being said. So speak quietly if you want it to be private." Classic Bridget. She's the smartest person I know. She's always been known as smart in every aspect by anyone who has met her. It's one of the reasons I love her.

"The whole 'reading my mind' thing doesn't even surprise me anymore." I grinned. That got a chuckle out of her. "I'm really sorry for what I said, I shouldn't have. It was out of line, and I'm sorry to have made you feel uncomfortable." Great, now I'm crying.

"Don't cry Eric, please. I know you're sorry, and in some ways I sort of knew you felt that way for me, but I thought it had ended when we were younger. Look, I want you to go out with Alice. At least try it and see how you feel. After you come back and I'm sure you're okay, I'm going to stay with Benedict for a while to let this kind of die down. I'm sorry." I could tell this was absolutely killing her. She always felt overly guilty about things, even when they weren't her fault. I can't believe I just fucked up our friendship and trip like that. I feel terrible. "Benedict should be back by now," she continued, "and Alice is going to come see you in a few hours." 

Right on cue, Benedict walked into the room. "Am I interupting?" He asked politely. 

"No, perfect timing, in fact. You guys should go, I need some sleep." I responded quickly. Bridget tried to argue that she should stay, but I insisted that they leave. Eventually they left, and I fell asleep soon after.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

914K 38.6K 80
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
99.3K 3.5K 33
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024
866K 45.8K 32
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
252K 16.4K 81
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...