Surviving The Thinning

Від EmilySings

Louisa Karrington is going into her last 10-241 test and is hoping to pass and finally be free from the awful... Більше

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
Epilogue
OMG UPDATE!!

15.

3K 52 18
Від EmilySings

~Kellan~

"Stop what you're doing right now!" A voice booms through the room.

I look up as everyone turned around. The man of the hour himself, governor Redding, finally decided to make a public appearance.

I look to my left and see Laina looking back up to me with a worried look. I smile at her reassuringly and stand tall.

"What brings you 'round this neck of the woods?" I call out in question.

"Mr. Woods, I would stop this before you do something you regret." He seethes threateningly.

"Why, you going to Thin me next? That's what you do, isn't it?" I taunt back.

"Kellan..." Laina murmurs, nudging me in warning.

"This young man is lying and he has no proof. He is acting out because his friend wasn't smart enough to pass the test." Redding exclaims.

"You're wrong, governor." A woman speaks up.

"What did you say?" He snaps.

"We've all seen the screen shots. The world has seen what you've done. We all know that you are guilty." She retorts with a ferocity that I applauded her for.

"We called authorities already." A man adds.

"I'm the governor, you can't do this..." He sputters.

"Take us to the kids. I want to see my daughter!" A lady commands.

I look over and notice the similarities this woman had to Sarah Foster, she must have been her mother.

The blonde reporter who was talking before goes up behind the governor with the other man who was talking and they each take one of his arms. They keep them behind his back and force him to lead them to where they do the Thinning.

"I've never seen the room." Laina states softly.

"If you had, you definitely wouldn't be here right now." I reply anxiously as we follow the group closely.

***

~Louisa~

"Blake, do you hear something?" I ask quietly.

He turns his ear to the door and nods quickly.

"It sounds like someone's coming." He observes confused.

"Is it King coming back to finally finish us off?" I wonder venomously.

"Let's hope not." Sarah spits out angrily.

"Would it be better to just get it over with or to continue sitting here, just waiting to be killed?" Blake questions.

"I- that's hard to answer." I reply.

"I think I'd appreciate more time seeing your beautiful face." Blake whispers.

"Really? I'm just scared and want this pain to be over with." I whisper back with a teasing tone.

"I am in love with you, Louisa." He mumbles staring into my eyes.

"I'm in love with you too, Blake." I reply breathlessly.

He twists more and kisses me softly. He pulls back and pushes my hair out of my face again.

"I'm sorry my father put you through this." He apologizes.

"It's not your fault. And either way, hopefully those screen shots will help someone. Maybe not us, but maybe it will get the Thinning stopped for future years." I point out.

Suddenly the door bursts open. The first face I see is Blake's father and I can tell that he's the first one Blake saw as well, based on his rough intake of breath.

"Dad?" He breathes out.

"See, how could I possibly be changing results? My own son is here, ready to face the consequences of his actions." The governor announces.

"Blake Redding passed the 10-241 test." Ms. Birch exclaims with fury. "Louisa Kerrington passed as well. Just check their results."

The group demand the DPC officers to release us and hesitantly obey the mob. Once the restraints spring off, I lift my arms up and rub my raw wrists.

Blake stands immediately and pulls me into his side.

"What's going on?" He shouts over the large crowd.

"Governor Redding is being arrested for numerous counts of First Degree Murder." A man in an all black uniform states. "George Tinsley, Secret Service Officer."

A few more uniformed men and women come from being the crowd and apprehend Blake's father rather roughly. The governor puts up no fight and is dragged out by the Service in handcuffs.

"Are you okay?" I ask as we walk out of the Thinning room.

"He's getting only what he deserves." Blake responds passively.

"You sure?" I assure.

"I'm fine. Great actually. You lived, I lived and our plan to take down the Thinning and my father worked." He points out.

I nod and look around the halls. I could see Sarah hugging her mom tightly. She was one of the lucky ones that got saved. One of the kids that weren't completely wronged by this system, only fell innocently victim to its vicious purpose. One of the students that actually failed the idiotic test. Sarah Foster was one of the lucky ones that would have ended up just like Ellie. Gone forever. If not for Blake's determination to save me, all of us would be dead. Simple as, scary as.

"Lou!" A girl yells across the corridor.

I turn my head and smile widely.

"Laina!" I greet back and embrace her to me.

"I'm so glad that you're okay." She sighs into my shoulder.

"Me too." I murmur.

"My favourite heroes." Kellan jokes to brighten the mood as he approaches us.

"You're one of the heroes too, dude." Blake says and hugs him. "Thank you."

"It was the least I could do to help my friends." Kell replies.

"Now Corrine won't have to worry about the 10-241." I point out happily, as we walk out of the school.

Everyone was rushing to leave the property that has brought so much panic and fear in a mere couple hours. Cars sped out the parking lot and all the radio stations were packing their gear into their vans.

"Let's just wait and see how all of this goes." Laina responds.

"What if I went for governor?" Blake blurts out.

"You want to take your dad's place?" Kellan asks.

"I'm pretty sure we'd all agree that you'd do a better job." Laina laughs.

"I think you'd be a great governor." I voice.

"Well, there's an opening and I'm sure that everyone has seen how far our group went to bring justice to this place." He explains.

"You should do it. I can run your media and campaign." Kellan chuckles.

"Everything's going to be okay." I mumble in realization.

"Yeah, it will be." Blake agrees looking down at me with a smile.

"Well, we'll let you two celebrate our victory and your lives." Laina teases with a playful smirk. 

I watch them walk away with a giggle and notice that Blake and I were the only ones still standing in the field. The parking lot had only one car left in it and there were no more people loitering the premise.

"I love you." Blake whispers pulling me into a tight hug.

"I love you too." I reply into his chest.

***

This is the end of Surviving The Thinning!!!

I'm going to do an epilogue though before I put this story to rest, don't worry haha!

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting and following!! <3

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

One Of Us Від HoneyKrusty

Романтика

95.3K 1.4K 52
Athena moves in with the guys and realizes more about herself then she would've ever imagined. She knew she didn't fit in anywhere but with the guys...
650K 32.7K 61
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
194K 2.4K 52
Sweet Pea discovers Luna Jones through instagram - you can only begin to imagine what happens... _________ This is a little different for me as I'm...
91.5K 942 16
Amber Wickers is Alfie Wickers little sister. Though they're related they're different in every way. Amber joins Abbey Grove, Class K to be taught by...