Rockstar

Da theunexpectedchanges

Jenny Reynolds is a quiet girl who has a past no one knows about. She just came from a different state last y... Altro

Rockstar
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6 (Chord's POV!)

Chapter 2

224 6 0
Da theunexpectedchanges

Hey guys thanks for reading this! You made it to the second chapter! Yay! Please comment, and tell me if you're liking it or not!

~~~~~~

The bell for homeroom rang, signaling for me to go to my first class which was chemistry. I hated chemistry with a passion. My teacher, Ms. Gerald, always hated the morning which meant we were yelled at constantly for no reason, and patronized when we didn't get a question right. This happened to me a lot since I could never figure out chem. I studied hard, and made sure to do all my homework, yet I still couldn't get more than half of the problems right. It was frustrating since I tried to get at least a 90 in all of my classes, and chem was going to bring my GPA down by a lot.

Ms. Gerald started to rant about how 'we were terrible students who never listened', so I stealthily pulled out my song writing journal and let the words that were on my mind flow right out of me without even really thinking. The bell rang, pulling me out of stupor, and when I read the some of the new song's lines, I realized it was about a boy with sandy blond hair and bright green eyes.I shook my head, trying to rid the feeling that I made a song about Chord, and focused on the rest of my classes ahead of me. 

Finally, after four more periods of torture, I was off to lunch. I sat down at my usual table by myself. Fifth period lunch was always the least crowded out of the three lunches, which I loved since I didn't have to share a table with anyone and pretend that I wanted to actually talk to them. I took out my turkey sandwich, carrots, cupcake, and water, and began to eat. I looked up just in enough time to catch Abbie's eye. She looked so overwhelmed and lost, and before I even knew what I was doing, I smiled at her, and pointed to the chair across from me. She smiled back while mouthing a thank you. Abbie said hi in the same shy voice I heard this morning, and sat down to open her lunch contents. Not even a minute after she unpacked her lunch, Chord walked in.

I rolled my eyes and practically groaned, but I couldn't since I was drinking my water. I saw him walk across the room, and Abbie turned to see who I was looking at. He looked like he was searching for someone. Just then Abbie and Chord's eyes met. He started walking over to our table, and my heart began to flutter. But thank the Lord that Sammy, our head cheerleader, snagged his arm and whisked him away. I exhaled a breath I didn't even known I was holding. I looked at Abbie, and she seemed worried. I didn't ask her though because I didn't want to find out that she liked Chord too, making me feel as if I was the only one who wasn't falling for his pretty boy charms.

"So Abbie, and finally the lunch was over. I finally had the one true class I was actually excited about. Chorus. I absolutely loved to sing. It was one of my relaxers. I would write all my feelings in a song, and I would feel like a weight had been lifted from me.

I walked into the chorus room full of smiles thinking this year was in the bag for me. I mean now that I'm a junior I'm sure to get even more solos than last year. But as soon as I looked around the room I never knew this was going to happen. Right there sitting in the front row in my usual spot was Chord. The nerve this guy had! Now my only time for peace in the school day was ruined. I stopped, but only for a minute and took the next best seat, which was right behind Chord.

If you all must know about Chord, well then listen up. Chord became a hit at the age of thirteen with his song Summer Love. It was really catchy, and cute but not my taste of music. Then he came out with a new album, and people went crazy. Soon he began winning Grammys and things like that. He was the Hollywood it boy. Every guy copied his shaggy hair style in hopes of attracting girls, but I was never interested. About a year ago though, he stopped writing songs. He kind of went off map, but now he's back.

Apparently Chord grew up here and was home schooled, but he left for Hollywood when he was 11. He wanted to know the high school experience though, so for his senior year he wanted to move back to Florida, and go to school. Of course he had to pick this school though just to annoy me even more. But just to get under my skin he decided to be in this chorus class. Of course he would.

I sat down in my seat, and glared at the back of his head, while I waited for Mr. Davidson to start. When the second bell finally rang, he got up from his computer, and started to pass out music sheets. Before I even looked at my sheet, I guessed we all knew the song by the excited hum in the room. I prayed it was something good, and slowly looked at my sheet, and saw Need You Now by Lady Antebellum. Thats's why I love Mr.Davidson. He picked songs that actually were upbeat, and were at least popular. I absolutely loved this song! I sang it in the shower at least once a week. It was a duet, and I knew I was meant for it. I just had to get this part no matter what. I just needed to sing this.

Mr. Davidson rambled on about what we're going to be learning this year, but I tuned him out. I was waiting for him to give us information about the duet. Finally he said, "Alright class I'm sure you're excited about this song," This was followed by cheers and hollers, but I stayed quiet listening intently. "Tryouts will be today after school at three o'clock." Today at three?! It's perfect I can nail my part, and wait for my mom to pick me up.

The day seemed to be ticking by so slowly I could hardly stand it. After what Mr. Davidson said, I was just so excited I could barely stay in my seat. At 2:45 I arrived in the chorus room and I took the seat that had been originally mine, that Chord stole. I was the only one in the room, but I thought to myself better to come early than late.

You have to realize I'm not some control freak about everything. I get in the mid 90's, but I don't act like a 90 would just kill me. I actually like 90's I just pass to get an A, but it's still like I beat the system. Singing is the only thing I take super seriously. I'm in love with it. I want to become a chorus teacher someday, and pick out my own music. I get butterflies just thinking about having kids look up to me. I really wanted to be the cool teacher everybody liked, and I really hoped I could accomplish my dream someday.

When I woke up from my daze, I realized it was almost three o'clock, and a couple of other people showed up. I looked around the room and saw my competition. The girls that were competing against me didn't stand a chance. I was just about to let out a small satisfied smile, when I caught one person's eye. And guess who it was? It was Chord of course, sitting right behind me in the chair I sat at for chorus. I looked away, and glared at the wall. He totally ruined my happy moment. Just then Mr. Davidson walked in, and called up the first person on the list. He called them up by last name, and thank God I came after Chord. I wouldn't feel comfortable singing with him in the room.

Suddenly it was Chord's turn to go up. He walked to the piano, and sang the song beautifully. It was perfection. I sat there mesmerized by his voice. It sounded like velvet, and it gave me goose bumps because the song sounded like it was made for his voice. It fit him like a glove. I stared at him in total awe. The way his lips moved made my heart stop. I wondered what it would feel like to have those lips touch mine. Wait Jenny stop! Don't become like one of those girls that only care about stupid childish things. You can do this. Just focus on your solo, and how good you'll be. I closed my eyes, and restated that statement over and over in my head. It was like a mantra to me. When I opened my eyes, Chord was heading out the door.

A couple of others went, but then it was finally my turn. I got up to the piano, and I nodded telling Mr. Davidson that I was ready. The piano began to play the soft melody, and I got lost into the song. I sang with all my heart and soul, and it sounded like I was hitting the notes flawlessly. I added my own little twists to make the song more interesting, but it fit with his piano playing, and I was proud of myself. After I was finished he told me great job, and that I would find out who was doing the duet tomorrow in class.

I walked away smiling, knowing I got the part. I was so distracted by the day's events I forgot to call my mom. I swore under my breath, and dug through my bag looking for my phone. I finally found it, and called her. "Hello?" she asked. "Hey mom, can you pick me up after work maybe? I had a chorus tryout, and I couldn't miss it." Unfortunately she sighed, which was never a good sign. "I'm sorry honey, but I have a lot of work to do. I can pick you up, but it won't be until six probably." Six o'clock? There was no way that I was waiting that long. Eventually I sighed into the phone and said, "It's ok I'll just walk. I'll see you when you get home." I only have to walk about 4 miles. No big deal. Actually yes that is a big deal. "Just be safe." She said, and then I hung up.

I looked up, and I was in the courtyard now. I usually get distracted when I'm talking on the phone and end up in random places. I was just about to reach the door, when someone caught my arm. I turned around only to face Chord. We were so close to each other that I could see the blue specks in his sea green eyes. He smelled wonderful too. It smelled like some kind of sweet cologne, which I loved, and laundry detergent. I was the first to step back and ask in a harsh, "Do you need something?"

He seemed a little dazed from how close we were before, but eventually he said, "I overheard you on the phone with your mom. Would you like a ride home?" Well this was a shocker. I looked into his eyes searching for the joke, but he seemed to be serious. "No thanks," I said, "I'm fine with walking." I was just about to reach the door again, when he took my hand, and lead me away.

"A little pushy are we?" I grumbled, but he just kept walking in silence to the parking lot. When we reached his car, I knew it was a BMW, but that's it. I'm not really into cars, and I never will be. I know though, that BMW's are nice so it's no shock that he would have a midnight blue convertible with tan leather seats. "What no limo?" I joked. He just laughed, and opened my door. I slid into his car, and he tried to do my seat belt for me, but I swatted him away.

He put his hands up, and retreated. He got into the other side, and started the ignition, but didn't go anywhere. I gave him a questioning look, but then he said "What's your address?" I told him it, and then he typed into his fancy GPS. Then we were coasting down the Boulevard.

"So, why are you doing this for me?" I asked when I couldn't take the silence any longer. "I'm not really sure. I guess I wanted to know why you don't like me. I saw that you needed a ride, and took the opportunity to talk to you. I'm not some evil person, you know that right?" I pondered this for a moment then said, "You know we could have just talked in the courtyard. You didn't have to drive me home. It was unnecessary." He quickly glanced over to me and said, "I know I could have done that, but you probably would have walked away. Am I right?"

I didn't respond. I hated how he knew me already and we just met less than eight hours ago. "I answered your question, now answer mine. Why don't you like me?" He said in a commanding yet playful way, which was totally sexy. I couldn't help but sputter out, "Because you're a rockstar. All of you think you're better than us just because we don't have enough money as you do, or we don't have 2,000,000 fans following us around. Rockstars, movie stars, they're all the same. They only care about themselves. They never care about others. They think they can stomp on people because they make a couple of million bucks. So what? You have money. That's great but they never use it for good causes. They spend it on private jets, mansions, cars, and so much more. They take life for granted because what if that money was gone one day? Then where would you go from there?"

"Shit. I wasn't suppose to say that much. Oh damn it!" I kept up the string of profanities as I hit my head against the window. I wasn't suppose to tell him all that. Nobody ever got me talking for that long. How did he have that effect on me? I just wished he had the top down so I could clear my head. It suddenly felt hot in this tiny space. That's when I felt it. Him taking my hand in his, and giving it a squeeze. We were in my driveway. Wow did he drive like a maniac, or was I just so lost in my thoughts I forgot the time? I really have no idea which one it is. I was just too embarrassed to think about my surroundings.

Then I realize he's still holding my hand. I look down at our entwined fingers, and I just wanted to melt. But I couldn't. I know what he's like, and it will just end up to me getting hurt again just like last time. I tried to tug my hand back, but his grip just tightened. "Look," he said "I know you may think that, but you're wrong. I'm not like one of those stars who think that the world revolves around them. I'm glad you said that though because you're the first person since I got here, who has treated me like a real person. Not like the star that I supposedly am. Even if you hate me, it was a pleasant change of events." I closed my eyes, and reached for the door handle. I was shocked he said that to me. I couldn't take it. How could he seem to be so nice, and read my mind? It was driving me crazy. "I better go." I whisper. Then I rushed out of the car.

He sat in the driveway for a minute, but eventually he left. As soon as I stumbled inside I slide against the door, and plopped onto the ground. My breathing was heavy, and I couldn't stop looking at my hand. It was still warm from where he had held it, but I pushed it away. I could not and I repeat could not, fall in love with a rockstar. Sure he's gorgeous, has a beautiful voice, and seems to give me butterflies whenever I see him, but I could not fall in love with him. It would only end up having me go through a lot of hurt and pain, and I don't think I could take that anymore.

I walked aimlessly up the stairs in a trancelike state. I plopped onto my bed and just looked at my ceiling. Unsuccessfully trying not to think about Chord. I couldn't close my eyes. I know he'll just be right there, and my imagination would go a little crazy. I try saying the alphabet backwards to get my mind off of him "Z,Y,X,W..." when I finally reach C I can't help but think about Chord. Why is he still on my mind? He's driving me crazy!

Okay this is definitely not working, I thought. I got up, and started to pace the room. Feeling anxious. Why was he doing this? It's probably all just an act, I thought. Yes it was all probably just an act to get another fan. How pathetic.

Just then my mom came home singing some old song. When I get to the bottom of the stairs, I saw she's in the middle of the living room dancing. I rolled my eyes, but in a lovingly what can you do way. I came up behind her, and gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Hi sweetie," she said, "how was your first day of school?" I thought about telling her about the car ride with Chord, but decided not to. "Eh, same old same old. Annoying teachers, annoying students." This is how I always answered her questions about school. "Oh, well thats nice. Look I'm sorry about not being able to pick you up, I had a lot of meetings. How did your try out go though?"

"Oh my gosh, it was amazing! This song was meant for me I know it! I can't wait till tomorrow. He's going to tell us who gets to do the duet. I really hope I get chosen!" I said, realizing how excited I was for the fist time since I got home. "Well I hope you do too. You have such a beautiful voice that needs to be heard." I loved my mom. She always supported me no matter what. If I wanted to get a tattoo I'm pretty sure she'd let me.

My dad left when I was around three, since he didn't want to be a father. I miss him sometimes, and he sends me a gift card every Christmas, but that's all the contact I have with him. I don't want to talk to him because I want him to want me. I don't want to seem like a needy child. I want to him to see me as his daughter again, and that feeling cannot be forced.

We eat dinner, and then go our separate ways. I do my homework, and she watches her late night TV shows. When my homework is finished, I lose myself in my thoughts, and realize they keep coming back to Chord. His stunning white smile, his dazzling blue-green eyes, that I could get lost in for hours. I couldn't help it. He was attractive, and I'm a teenager. I can't control my hormones.

The next morning I got up, and got dressed up. I usually wore shorts and a T-shirt, but if I was picked for the solo I wanted to look cute. I chose a tight pink skirt, which wasn't too short, a flower patterned top, and my cute strap sandals. I did my hair and make up, and was ready to go.

I got to school a little late, but I luckily didn't miss homeroom. I sat next to Abbie, who had saved a seat for me, and started talking. She eyed me up and down, and finally asked "Why are you all dressed up? Is it a special day, and I didn't hear about it?" I laughed. We only knew each other for a day, but it felt like we were friends longer than that. "No. I tried out for this duet in chorus, and I want to look cute if I get the part. I know I'm only a junior, but this song speaks to me. I love singing I lose myself in it, and I just want to get this duet so badly!" I said. Realizing I was rambling, I blushed, and look down. "Wow, you must be really passionate about music." She said. I looked up, and she had this big smile on her face. I then automatically didn't feel embarrassed anymore, and relaxed.

"Oh yeah I almost forgot," Abbie said, as if remembering something important, "I was wondering if you wanted to hang out this Friday at my house. We can watch a movie, do our nails, eat junk food. It would be fun." I smiled, and said "Of course! It sounds like fun. Just tell me your address on Friday." Then the bell rang and we both went off in different directions.

The day dragged on until lunch came. Abbie and I sat at the table where we sat yesterday, and I caught her gazing at someone. I turned around to see she was looking at Chord. They both stared at each other just like yesterday, and he was about to walk over, when Missy took him. I rolled my eyes, and let out a sigh of relief. That's twice Missy saved me from an awkward lunch. I really should thank her, but it's not like she's doing it for me. She's just some crazed fan, who wears low cut shirts, and short shorts. But I do give Missy some props for having enough confidence to lead Chord to their lunch table. I would never be able to do it.

I'm a little worried about Abbie though. There must be something going on with her and Chord. If they keep giving each other these looks everyday, I might have to investigate. I really don't want the only person I seem to connect with having hook ups with Chord.

After having a funny conversation about a guy on youtube we both liked, the bell rang, and Abbie and I went separate ways again. Now it was time for chorus. I took a deep breath, and stepped through the door. Chord was in my seat again, so I sat behind him, and glared at his head some more. Mr. Davidson stood up as the bell rang, and shuffled some papers on the podium.

"Alright class before we begin our warm up, I would like to tell you who has gotten the part for the duet. I would like to congratulate Jenny and Chord." The whole class applauded but I barely paid any attention to it. Chord was going to sing the duet with me. No this can't be. We can't sing together, I could barely stand him.

I took a deep breath and exhaled sharply. I could tell the girls in the class were giving me dirty looks wishing they were in my place. Trust me when I say this, I wish they could take mine. I didn't want to look into those deep blue-green eyes. I couldn't sing my heart out to him. Anyone else in this class I could do it with, but not him.

I'm surprised I didn't figure this out before though. Chord was of course the best male vocal, and if I did get the part, I would have to work with him. How stupid could I be?

Chord turned around and gave me one of his amazing smiles, but I wasn't charmed by it. I just looked down at my notebook and started sketching in it. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Chord turning back around.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

4.4M 100K 49
Dakota is just like every other 17 year old high school senior. Or that's what everyone thinks. Everyone sees Dakota as this funny, sarcastic, and...
82.2K 4.2K 80
The first 'The Middle' spin off! [Thornton Boys - Book 1] . Chord Moore: Millionaire lifestyle, raised in LA, rock star parents, an abundance of fri...
10.1K 159 35
Rachel Blue Lynch. An ordinary teenager with a superstar family. With her siblings in a band call R5, parents that are rich and own it's own company...
3.5K 932 43
Cover and banner credit goes to @AlateSchmetterling ***** With the last year of school looming, Hannah...