Magi: Lost in Time

By AthanasiaKashimashi

Previously known as Magi: Cinderella's Spell Escapade 1: The Adventures of Sinbad Yrif Kingdom was a prospero... More

Prologue - They Met
Escapade 1
Scroll 1: Tison Village
Scroll 2: Napolia, Reim
Scroll 3: Truth, Stars
Scroll 4: Sinbad and Thais
Scroll 5: Sasan and Artemyra
Scroll 6: Pervert and Her Conviction
Scroll 7: Impending Doom
Scroll 8: Sinbad's Mistake
Scroll 9: Epiphany
Scroll 10: Strange
Scroll 12: Unnerved
Scroll 13: Resolution
Scroll 14: Showdown
Scroll 15: Toran and Judal
Scroll 16: Parthevia
Scroll 17: Shadows Within
Scroll 18: Selendine's Will
Scroll 19: Captive
Scroll 20: Dirtied
Scroll 21: Farewell
Escapade 2
Scroll 1: Alibaba
Scroll 2: Niel
Scroll 3: Gamori
Scroll 4: In the Meantime
Scroll 5: Marbas
Scroll 6: Kouen and Thais
Scroll 7: Balbadd
Scroll 8: She
Scroll 9: End
Scroll 10: Arjwani
Scroll 11: Peril in Paradise
Scroll 12: Progress
Scroll 13: Explanation
Scroll 14: Light in the Darkness
Scroll 15: Precious
Scroll 16: Towards Sindria
Scroll 17: Darkness
Scroll 18: Pain
Scroll 19: Real
Scroll 20: In order
Escapade 3
Scroll 1: Battle of Destiny
Scroll 2: Magic Academy
Scroll 3: Reim
Scroll 4: Morgiana and Kaein
Scroll 5: Luna and Al-Thamen
Scroll 6: In Between
Scroll 7: Sky
Scroll 8: Countdown
Scroll 9: Resound
Scroll 10: Reim versus Magnostadt
Scroll 11: She Comes
Scroll 12: Vessels
Scroll 13: Warriors
Scroll 14: He comes
Scroll 15: Wish
Scroll 16: Invitation and Feud
Scroll 17: Play Your Cards Right
Scroll 18: Signs and Past
Scroll 19: Solomon and Demeus
Scroll 20: Broken Time
Scroll 21: Broken Mirror
Scroll 22: Future that Awaits Us
Scroll 23: Comfort
Scroll 24: Internal
Scroll 25: Hope
Scroll 26: Akil
Escapade 4
Scroll 1: According to Plan
Scroll 2: Sun and Rain
Scroll 3: New Light
Scroll 4: Responsibility
Scroll 5: Irony
Scroll 6: Tower of Feelings
Scroll 7: Ray
Scroll 8: Forgiven
Scroll 9: Rose Garden
Scroll 10: Losing It
Scroll 11: Dungeons and Akil
Scroll 12: Solution
Scroll 13: That Hope
Scroll 14: Shards
Scroll 15: Wishes
Epilogue
Character Profile
Bonus Scroll: Maharagan

Scroll 11: Heliophat

824 29 3
By AthanasiaKashimashi

Yrif Kingdom
Thais' POV

"These are a lot." I looked at my table only to see stocks of paper needed to be signed. Leonhart just shrugged his shoulder before going to his own paperworks. I just returned to Yrif four days ago and Leonhart was quite satisfied with what happened but not with the showdown.

'Of course he wouldn't. That was still reckless regardless but I'd say it had to be done.' Ronove uttered. I smiled while signing the papers.

'Let's see. These are from the diplomatic travels that we had. Most have accepted alliance with us. On the other hand, I have papers requesting alliance.' I quickly finished the first stock of papers before going to the other.

"Hey, Leon. Did you know that we received a letter from Heliophat?" He raised his eyebrow at me. I merely showed the letter and his eyes narrowed.

"I remember that. It was sent to me through an eagle. I don't appreciate this so much but we should take a look at that country and perhaps see if it is worth it." I nodded, trusting his opinion for this. The letter was quite strange because it was inviting us to Heliophat and there were some kind of babbling about a division with the rulers.

'Messed up.'

'Who wrote that anyway?' Ose asked. I told him that it was some person named Gafra Ka. He laughed at how weird it sounded which made me force my rukh to hit him.

'Stop laughing you dolt.' Ronove snickered in my head before ushering me to accomplish reading the requests. I sighed. Reading them was boring but a couple of letters did interest me a little. After two hours of doing paperworks, I stocked up the requests that we needed to attend to. Leonhart left an hour ago to assist our citizens regarding a couple of issues. I had to go as well for some business by the laboratory and the barrier.

"I hope they are already done with the research." The soldiers protecting the laboratory welcomed me inside and the first thing that surprised me was the monitor upfront.

"You did well, Hilal." He turned around to grin at me.

"Welcome back, Lady Thais. Our researches had been doing well. New medicines were created and the devices advanced to the point that we could generate electricity without a problem. However, I would love you to look at this." He led me to a table where researchers had been generating electricity. On the table was some kind of chemical. They demonstrated what the chemical could do to a plant.

"Wow! It grew fast! This would surely help us economically! Although I must ask, have you tested its effect on the plants nutrients? Won't it be dangerous to human health?"

"We..."

"I see. That is your next task then, Hilal but I'm proud of your work, guys. We will make our country advance in this world and be known."

"Yes, Lady Thais!" They grinned to each other which made me laugh at their antics. I went to the medicine section where they were creating new types of medicine using some of the plants we have gathered from the Dark Continent.

"Is this enough, Renald? I am not sure if these plants are enough." I asked our top scientist. He assured me that for the experimentation, it was enough but if the medicine will ever be successful, we will have to gather more raw materials. There should be a quick access in case of emergency.

"I see."

'Heliophat, you had an invitation right? Take that and see if we can create an alliance with them.' Ronove advised. I agreed with him mentally. After checking out the laboratory, I went to the tower where the barrier was maintained. With our magic, we created a stronger barrier to keep the evil away from our country. From what I had seen from the statistics, it looked like we have to create a repercussion to the left side of the barrier where the Shamlash had tried to destroy. I was quite troubled with how they were able to accomplish such feat. Our barrier could not be destroyed easily unless you have a strong magician with you.

'I do think that they have a very familiar magician with them.' Ose sneered. I questioned who it was but he did not answer me.

"I will make a new magic circle for this part. Wait for the plan in three days. I'll make sure that King Leonhart will deliver that to you personally." I assured them.

"Our deepest gratitude, Lady Thais."

Night has fallen and I talked to Leonhart about my plans. He also checked the requests I accepted earlier. The ones that he had approved of were Heliophat (as expected), Sindria, Kou, Artemyra and Gestia.

A week has passed and everything was running smoothly until one midnight. The barrier was breached and we detected some assassins coming to the palace and the citizens.

"What the hell is this!? I thought that we already had an agreement with Barbarossa? Little piece of—HAH!" I kicked one of the Shamlash assassin that tried to kill one of my citizen. They were really vicious like how the Parthevian described them. Blood flowed out of the slash from the assassin's sword. It was deep but not enough to make me pass out. Cries of fear and help echoed around.

"They wanted to assassinate my whole country!? Leonhart, we got to finish these pests."

"Spirit of Naivety and Ideals, I order thee and thine to use thy magoi. Dwell in my body, Foras!" With his long black hair, red top with golden linings and his swords, the enemies stood no chance against him. One by one, the Shamlash assassins died in his wake. The eye of Rukh appeared large on his forehead as his face grew stone cold.

"No one shall dare to hurt the kingdom we built so hard from damnation. Begone!"

"Spirit of Fantasy and Reality. I call forth thee and thine to engulf me with your magic. Use my magoi as your source and come forth with your household! Ose!" It was my time to shine. I grabbed my own sword and cut each of them down. Barbarossa was a bastard. After that talk we just had, he just had to do this. He will pay.

"Riah Almawt!" The wind strengthened around me and they passed by the bodies of Shamlash. They dropped down in a second.

"Alrriah Alnnari!" Flames sparked within the blowing wind which caused the Shamlash to blow up.

"Foras Alzillal!" Thorns protruded from the ground as it pierced them one by one. Leonhart was furious as well. Together, we both threw the assassins away before telling them to never ever get past our borders or they shall be eliminated. One of the Shamlash clicked their tongue in annoyance. Just then, I noticed a woman beside them. She was covered all over but it was her eyes that caught my attention. It was like she was staring directly into my soul. I calmed myself down and glared at her. I could see the twinkle in her eyes before they disappeared completely.

The citizens cried in happiness when the attack was over. I quickly called over the soldiers and doctors to aid those who were wounded. The bad news was that there were about 27 deaths. I swear that Barbarossa will pay for this. How dare he not abide to our agreement.

"Thais." Leonhart called out to me.

"What is it?"

"We have to fix our country and travel to Heliophat for alliance. That way, we can create more medicine for our people and we can at least assure that our people are safe. We only have little connections, strong but still little. Also, we need to settle everything with Parthevia. I don't think they will end it this easily." Leonhart was seething in anger. We both decided to go to and travel for awhile. Ana, our assistant was quite scared but I assured her that I devised a magic circle that will eliminate any threats in the country.

'They were really able to breach the  barrier. I have to use stronger magic.'

'Thais. Remember that you are not a magician. We are helping you with our magic but it will not be enough. A metal vessel is at it is. Breaking through the border is suicide!' Ose reminded me.

'I know that but as the princess, I can't just abandon my people even though they turned their back against us once.' I hissed in anger. I have decided. I will ask Ugo for that power.

'Ugo, please lend me the power.'

I went near the barrier and used the power of my metal vessel to fix the hole. It weakened me too much and luckily, only a small blood spluttered out of my mouth. Wiping it out, I went back to the castle. I packed my things for our next travel. Leonhart was already up and we made our way towards Heliophat.

We passed by Cathargo where we faced some bandits. They were easily defeated by the King. We moved forward to face the wild desert. Its heat was barely bearable until we reached Heliophat. It took us about 3 months since our country was not that close to theirs.

"This is Heliophat. The city famed for medicine. Let us finish this easily and go to Parthevia, Thais."

I simply nodded. The city was big but what astonished me was the exposed skin of women. There were three Heliophats who invited us with smiles on their faces. I could not help but do the same. They wanted to escort us but we politely declined. They respected our wishes and so we continued looking around.

"These look like mandrakes don't they?" I asked as I pointed at one of the strange plants they were selling.

"They are. Aren't these quite similar to Ynare?" He held a brown medicine to me. The merchant told us that it was used to heal deep wounds for a short period of time. This was what we needed.

"Excuse me but where can we find the Emperor?"

"You mean our Pharaoh? It's by that pyramid over there. I advise that you to take action though. There had been rumors about government division inside. It's between Prince Armakan and Prince Sharrkan." The vendor warned.

"Armakan and Sharrkan, you say?" Leonhart mumbled. We thanked him before proceeding towards the palace. We were walking by the town when I heard familiar voices.

"Ja'far, wouldn't it be nice to just accept his offer? I mean they were kind enough to even approach strangers." I smiled knowing his voice. Geez, it had been a long time since I heard his voice.

"I guess you'll have to see that obnoxious man once more, Leon." I teased. He grunted but acknowledged his presence.

"He's a pain but that's who he is. Should we approach them?"

I shook my head. They will see us anyway since I was sure that they came here for some diplomatic alliance. We walked towards the palace when I felt threatening gaze behind us. I looked back to see the people of Heliophat. Most of them held an unwelcoming sight while there were some who averted their gaze from us. Was there something wrong here?

We entered the palace but we were stopped by their guards. Leonhart stated our business and we were allowed inside. We were about to near the court room when we heard them discuss something.

Heliophat Royal Palace
3rd POV

"What did you say?"

"A group of travelers just entered the country a few moments ago." The royal consul voiced out. The man on top of the throne nodded.

"It also seemed like the younger members of grate faction are showing them around." Another man from the consul added.

"Don't cause trouble, Narmes." He said. Narmes Titi, the royal consul, assured the King that he will not do such a thing. Armakan Amun-Ra nodded at him. Just then, they heard steps approaching them. They turned to the source to see a man and woman, one of 16 years while the other of 17 years of age.

"Who are you?"

"King—wait, not yet. Prince Armakan Amun-Ra. I am King Leonhart of Yrif Kingdom. We have come to seek an alliance with your country after we received a letter." The young blond king greeted to the soon-to-be pharaoh.

"Letter?" Narmes arched his eyebrow in confusion. Thais introduced herself and showed them the letter. There was the insignia of Heliophat but the court was confused as to how and why they were sent with letters.

"It must have been those old hags." Narmes murmured. Armakan sighed before asking his consul to leave them for awhile. They were hesitant at first but they followed nonetheless. Armakan rose from his throne and asked them questions.

"I apologize but it must have been the other faction that sent that letter. I didn't know that they will use this method just to win over the throne." Armakan voiced out. It was no surprise to Leonhart and Thais.

"Other faction? Heliophat is suffering internal conflict with its own government. Is that what you want to say, Prince Armakan?" He was astounded to hear Thais' induction before nodding his head.

"That may be said but we wanted to ask if you are willing to make an alliance with us." They encouraged.

"That is a request I cannot yet answer. We have yet to decide who will be the next ruler after our father died." The older prince stated with grim lacing his tone.

"I see. Well then, I'm quite curious. What are you going to solve this conflict, Prince Armakan?" Leonhart asked. Before the prince could even answer, voices from behind them echoed around the room.

"Oh. They're here." Thais smiled while Leonhart remained impassive. They moved to a part of the room where they will not be spotted easily. Armakan, on the other hand, returned to his throne.

"I welcome you to my country, Heliophat, foreign guests. What an interesting group you have. Imuchakk and Sasan. You are no ordinary travelers. Who are you?" Armakan inquired. Sinbad kneeled in respect and introduced himself. He invited the king to have an alliance with him.

'Of course.' Thais rolled her eyes. Just then, she felt presence coming to them. It was a man past his 40's, a woman of 30's and a person with jackal head. She could feel dark intent coming from them.

"I am Heliophat's vizier, Gafra Ka. This is the Queen Dowager, Lady Patra, wife of the late King. Of course, Priest Anubis. Really Consul Narmes? You're quite a disappointment. Letting the King meet travelers at a time like this? You have no right to claim the title Consul." Gafra said. Thais narrowed her eyes at him.

'So he is the one who sent this letter. How contradicting with his statement from earlier.' Thais mocked. She looked at Armakan who glanced at her way. He cast aside his gaze which saddened her. The vizier kept on babbling about the curse circulating their country. It was some kind of plague but there was something fishy about it.

"Lady Patra, Lord Gafra! You are speaking in front of the king!" They were blatantly blaming the king which caused Narmes' fury.

"Please excuse us. We have no intention of ever insulting you. But, we pray that it will not affect our young king." With that, they left. Narmes apologized for the commotion and offered them payment for their lodging. Once they were gone, Thais and Leonhart approached the King and had a small talk with him.

"A curse huh? I don't think that is true. Aren't you going to take this case, Armakan?" She boldly asked.

"Lady Thais. This conflict started because of the death of my father and there decision of who will rule this country. I do not wish for you to involve yourself and—"

"I'm sorry for being rude but when this letter was sent to us, we are already involved. Those travelers earlier, try to trust them." Her voice was firm and sure. Armakan could not help but feel assured that everything will actually be all right.

"Do you know them?" He asked. Leonhart snorted before answering his question.

"Acquaintance." Thais giggled at his denial. She assured him that they will help solve the problem.

"But—"

"I know it's rude but think. It will benefit this county and us. We're as desperate as you are, Armakan. We wish for your country to help us with your raw materials for medicine and if we solve this conflict as fast as we can, then your people will be saved from this curse." Leonhart retorted. Armakan was left speechless but a smile was evident on his face.

'They really are rude but I guess I made quite a friend in them.'

=END=

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

894 0 10
It's 10 years after Sinbad and Hikari's story, Aladdin is a young and noble Magi with a magic flute that gives him the power to summon giant creature...
78K 1.7K 17
You are a girl from just a land unknown to humans but the only words you can remember are from your sister. "Protect your brothers as I couldn't, my...
61.3K 2K 34
Amir, King Sinbad's son, and prince of Sindria finally gets to leave the kingdom to travel along side his father. They travel to the trade kingdom o...
62.6K 1.5K 16
In a small village in the country of the Parthevian Empire, was two young teens waiting for an adventure to arise. One was Sinbad who's dream is to c...