University life (a LAMS fanfi...

By Pidgep0dge

When Alex finally goes to university, a small surprise awaits him... More

Chapter 1: First Day
Chapter 2: New Roomies.
Chapter 3: Chilling with the boys
Chapter 4: The Socially Awkward
Chapter 5: Class
Chapter 6: CCTV
Chapter 7: The Past is Behind Us
PART TWO/ BOOK TWO.
Chapter 1: Summer Break.
Chapter 2: Memories
Chapter 4: Mystery.
Chapter 5: Red.
Chapter 6: We're going on a manhunt!
Chapter 7: Trees. (WARNING)
Chapter 8: (WARNING)
Hospital.
UPDATE
(10?)
(11)
(12)
(13)
(14)
(15)
(16)
(17)
(18)
UPDATE NOT CHAPTER.
SUGGESTIONS?
The Great Finalé

Chapter 3: Aftermath.

1.5K 38 44
By Pidgep0dge

(I don't own any artwork here. Also, very long chapter.)

I black out.

Muffled screams still echoed in my head as I lay on the floor, unable to move.
"JOHN! HE'S OUT!"
"HERC THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING." I heard him start to cry.
"John...What's happening to Alex?"
"LAF I DON'T KNOW. GO BACK TO BED. NOW."
"HERC, GO GET ELIZA."
"SHES AT HER DAD'S!"
"OH MY GOD THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING." John's voice cracked.
I wanted to die, to escape this hell. I would do anything.
"WE NEED TO STAY CALM." Hercules shouted.
"HOW CAN I STAY CALM WHEN SOMEONE I LOVE IS BLACKED OUT, PANICKING, AND NOT RESPONDING, HERCULES?"
I feel tears flood me again.
"JOHN, HE'S CRYING AGAIN!"
John was pacing around my room, panicking. I hear his voice crack.
"HERC WAIT." he said.
"WHAT JOHN?"
"I KNOW!" John said through sobs.
He sat next to me and sang:
"Te amo mas de lo que el mundo purse saber,
En mis palabras y acciones,
Eres mi mundo,
Y mi vida también,
No tengas miedo,
Escucha el sol,
Te amo."
I felt a tear drop on my hand as he sang it again.
"Te amo mas de lo que el mundo purse saber,
En mis palabras y acciones,
Eres mi mundo,
Y mi vida también,
No tengas miedo,
Escucha el sol,
Te amo."
I stopped shaking.
"Te amo mas de lo que el mundo purse saber,
En mis palabras y acciones,
Eres mi mundo,
Y mi vida también,
No tengas miedo,
Escucha el sol,
Te amo."
I calmed down, as exhaustion took place of my panic.
I could feel myself fall asleep in John's arms.
______________________________________
John's POV.

I could feel his body relax, as I sang the song his mom used to sing to him in Nevis. He fell asleep in my arms, as I gave a small smile. I wasn't going to let go. Not after what happened.
"Herc, he's asleep."
"John? How the absolute fuck did you do that?"
"Magic."
I felt a wave of exhaustion carry me to sleep. Still not letting go of Alex, I felt a small bit of relief, if it happens again, I know what to do.
_______________________________________
Hercules' POV.
I looked at John. He was singing something, presumably in Spanish.
What the hell happened?
All I knew is that I woke up at three am to Alex's scream. I rushed over, and saw him curled up in the corner of the room. It broke my heart. I have never seen Alex like that, and I never thought I would. I asked him if he was okay, but he didn't respond, leaving me with one option. Scream & panic.
"ALEX?" I shouted, not caring if I wake people up. He was shaking, and nonrespondant. I shouted for John, unable to think of a solution. As he entered the room, I could see his eyes widen, and his breathing get shallow.
That didn't matter anymore. What mattered was that Alex was okay.
_____________________________________
Alex POV.
I opened my eyes, to find myself placed on the couch next to a sleeping John Laurens. I looked at my hand, which was red, and looked severely scratched. What the hell? As soon as I was about to get up, a crying Hercules and Lafayette came running towards me.
"Alex! Thank Goodness you're okay!" Hercules said as he hugged me.
"Huh? Why are you crying? What
happened? Are you okay?!"
Suddenly, it hit me, like a wave of terror. A storm. My roommates don't know about my severe anxiety and fear of storms. Now, I'll be forever known as the baby if the group. Nice one, Alex.
"Oh, Alex. Last night, I woke up to you screaming . I let myself into your room and saw you in the corner, crying. I tried to help, but you wouldn't respond," his voice cracked, " I can't tell you how happy I am that you're okay."
Lafayette stood there with a smile.
"How did you guys calm me down? From my experience, it's almost impossible." I say to Herc, who's now making breakfast.
"I don't know. I got John, and he started to sing something in Spanish.
You immediately calmed down and fell asleep. I almost thought you died!" He said with a small grin. Wait, John? How did he know the song? At least he knew it.
Without thinking, I started humming.
"That was the tune! You're humming it now!" said Herc, amazed. I hear John give a small yawn, before pulling me into a hug. I blushed as I looked at him, so peaceful and adorable. I saw his eyes flutter open as I quickly turn away.
"Mornin' lads." he said,looking at Herc  and Laf, who were now giggling out of their minds. Out of nowhere, he gave me a small kiss on the forehead, as I burrowed my head into the pillow. Laf and Herc stared, shook.
"Hi, Lexi."
"Hi, John." I replied, with a small laugh.
"I TOOK A PICTURE FOR LAFAYETTE. HE SHIPS YOU SO BAD!"
"HERCULES!" We shouted in protest and unison. Herc ran over to Laf's room, and as we hear a shriek, we both know it's too late.
"This is why I love those guys." said John, shaking his head slightly.
"Same here." I replied before nuzzling my head into his chest.
"I'm so sorry for last night-" I began.
"Alex? Are you crazy?! It wasn't your fault at all!" four words ran back into my mind: it was my fault.
Holding back tears, I start telling John about the dream.
"Alex. I can't imagine that happening." He said with tears in his eyes; he was saddened by my dream, while I was used to it. To him it was a dream. To me, it was my reality.
I heard a quick ding! from my phone as I saw a notification:
LafBaguette has posted a new picture.

Opening Instagram, I saw a photo of John and I, cuddled up on my bunk. We were still asleep, so I doubt I could have stopped that from existing.
I show it to John who bursts out laughing, and commented:

LafBaguette: walked into Alex's room, and I see this!
______________________________________
Turtle.Trash: hey Lafayette, heard of privacy?
Non.stop: come on Lafayette! Seriously? Watch your back or a picture of you and a certain someone may surface on Instagram...
LafBaguette: ALEX!

I burst into laughter as John started texting Laf about Herc. Oh boi were they angry! John and I got up and ran towards the Shuyler Sister's dorm. I heard Herc's footsteps behind us as we sprinted down the hall.
______________________________________
Angelica's POV.
I heard rapid knocks on our door as I rushed to get it. Was someone in trouble?
"Angie, who is it?" Peggy asked, a worried look crossing her face.
I opened up to see an out-of-breath John Laurens and Alexander Hamilton. I knew Alex, as he's Eliza's friend; but John?
"Sorry, but can we hide here?" Alex said, laughing uncontrollably.
"ALEX! JOHN!" I heard Eliza shout as she welcomed them in.
"So, what brings you here?" I asked, intrigued.
"Umm..." Alex giggled as he pulled out his phone. A few seconds later, he showed me Lafayette's Instagram page. As I saw his recent post, I clasped both of my hands on my mouth to stop myself from laughing.
"It's not that funny!" John said, completely red in the face.
"Now, Herc and Laf are on a manhunt to find us." Alex added, trying to hide his blush. Man, those two were too adorable together.
"ALEX! JOHN! WE KNOW YOU'RE SOMEWHERE IN THIS BUILDING!" shouted a voice from outside our dorm.
"John, Alex. Bathroom. Hide." I whispered.
As they ran to the bathroom, I asked Peggy," Pegs, you too. If they ask, we'll say you're in the toilet."
As Peggy rushes to join the boys, I hear a small click as the door locks.
"Angie, Eliza, Peggy?" calls a familiar voice: Hercules Mulligan, one of Alex and John's roommates.
"Yes?" I call back.
"Have you seen two little shits running about? Their names are Alex and John!" Lafayette​ shouted.
"I saw them run to the café across campus." Eliza called.
"Thanks!" they both replied.
After I knew they were out of earshot, I rushed to the bathroom.
"Okay, they're gone now. You guys can come out!"
"Thanks, Angelica!" I heard Alex call before he and John left.
_______________________________________
John's POV.
Angelica bought us enough time to run back to our dorm, steal the spare key and lock Laf and Herc out.
"Are you sure, John? What if they notice?"
"Alex, isn't that the point? They're supposed to notice that they're locked out!"
He gave a small laugh before going to the fridge and grabbing a tub of ice cream.
"Movie marathon?" he asked, with a small smile on his face.
"Sure!"
The evening went by in a blur of Disney movies, and before I knew it, Alex had fallen asleep on my shoulder. I have to admit, my boyfriend is the cutest thing on earth when he's sleeping. I closed my eyes and fell asleep too, leaving the TV and ice cream out.
___________________________________
Hercules's POV.
After arriving at the café, Laf and I searched the place for hours, not coming across a trace of John and Alex.
"Laf, what if Angelica lied?"
"Non, Angelica wouldn't do that."
"Then why aren't they here?"
An angry look crossed his face as he sprinted out of the café, with me following close behind.

We arrived at our dorm, and looked under the doormat for our keys, as John and Alex usually lock the place when they go in.
"Laf, did you take our keys?"
"No, just my wallet."
We were stuck outside with the door locked. No keys.
I started to panic. 
"LAF, WHAT DO WE DO?"
I studied Laf's hair, and saw a hair clip.
"Laf, take out your hair clip."
"What? NO! MY FAIR IS SUPER FRIZZY!"
"DO YOU WANT TO GET INTO OUR DORM?"
"Fine." he said, taking the small metal pin out of his hair, and untangling a small lock of frizzy hair.
After fiddling with it for a while, I finally opened our door.
As we stepped inside, we found all of the lights off, and the low hum of the TV filling the dorm. We walked closer, eventually finding Alex and John passed out on each other watching Toy Story 3.
"Awww, they're so cute!"
"Let's steal Ham's phone."
"What the fuck, Laf?"
"Let's do it."
He took Alex's phone and unlocked it without a problem. One part of me was curious, but the other knew to stay away.
"LOOK AT THESE TEXTS HERCULES."
At that moment I gave in to my curiosity.
Johnnyboi: hey Lexi, how was dinner with the Washingtons? x
Lexi: hi John, it was awesome!
Johnnyboi: hey babe, when are you back? I miss you.
Lexi: I'm back tomorrow! Trust me, by the time I come back you'll be sick of me. :-P
Johnnyboi: how can I be sick of you? I love you <3
Lexi: awww, I love you too Johnny. x
Johnnyboi: i have to go. Text later?
Lexi: of course <3

Lafayette exited the messaging app, and opened the camera roll.
"Dude, this is wired."
"C'mon Herc!"
He looked through the photos, and was taken aback when he saw three.
The first one was taken by me in secret.

The second was a picture from a night out a few days ago.

And the third, was taken by Laf, of course.

"Hah! I knew it! They are so dating!" I said to Laf, who was still shook.
Placing Alex's phone on the table where he found it, he screamed.
"WAKE UP YOU LITTLE SHITS!"
Like clockwork, both of them woke up  suddenly and fell off the couch.
"Suspect 1: Alexander Hamilton. Boyfriend of John Laurens. Caribbean roots." Lafayette​ pointed at Hamilton.

"Suspect 2: John Laurens. Boyfriend of Alexander Hamilton. South Carolina roots." I finished, pointing at Laurens.
A series of:
It's not what you think!
It was an accident!
I'm sorry!
We're not dating!
What are you on about?
And
Here's your keys!
Rang through the dorm.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

281K 14.1K 32
"Don't you ever forget about me, okay Laurens." "Got it, Hamilton." -- Lams highschool AU aHAHA thanks
52.4K 2.2K 46
Straight from high school Alexander and his friends head to college, unaware how everything they'd grown so used to and the relationships they'd lear...
8.7K 168 31
Alex, an orphaned immigrant, comes to Princeton College hoping to fulfill his dream of getting a degree in law. John and The Meme Team™ find that Joh...
101K 5.9K 28
When Alexander arrived to Miranda High School he didn't expect much He thought this school would be no different all the other ones he had been And p...