I Won't Let Go [ BWWM...

By InkPrincessMarcia

Ethan is a Pastor and fire fighter Journee is a stripper and prostitute what does God have in store for... More

I Won't Let Go
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue Pt. 2
Spin Off

Chapter 23

6.3K 363 16
By InkPrincessMarcia

Chapter 23

The longest weekend

** Ethan**

{Friday at firehouse}

“Man, it is packed out at Platinum. Do you know what is going on their?” Curtis asked me. “Journee said something about a red light special they having.” I say lowly and nonchalant. “That’s why you sitting around here looking all sad.” “She is really smart and funny.” “You like her?” “How can a person take so much yet still think of other?” “Come on Ethan let’s go.” “Where.” “You will see.”

Pulling up at the club I was surprised yet disappointed at the same time. “Curtis I can’t go in there.” “Why not? You have before.” “That was different I was getting her to come to church with me.” “Your disguises are in the back seat if you decide to come in. I’m sure Journee will be happy to see you.” “She won’t.” Curtis got out the car and walked in leaving me alone in the car.

After what seem like forever but only five minutes I saw Journee come out the back door she was on the phone. I got out the car and walked up to her. “No sir, I’m still not ready just let it stay for now.” I heard her say. ‘wonder who she is talking to.’ “Yes sir, bye.’ When she hung up then was about to go back in I said her name slowly.

“Ethan what are you doing here?” “Curtis dragged me here.” “Really. Well then where is he?” I laugh at her looking around. “He’s inside.” “You’re not coming inside?” “I can’t go back inside. I went before to get you to come to my church.” “I got to go I’m up next to dance, but before I do how is the lady you went to see?” “She died. Funeral is Sunday after church.” “I’m sorry. I have to go.” “Bye song bird.” “You really should see me dance again.” She laughs as she goes back inside.

Is she right should I go in and see her. I mean I can just watch her do this one dance and then we leave. Before I realized it, I was inside sitting next to Curtis. “I see you came to see her.” “I just saw her outside on the phone. After she dances we are leaving.” “That works for me.”

“Now coming to the stage is Chocolate Goddess”

I watched Journee come out in red lace dress the has split going all the way up her leg. I watch her closely as the song starts. Hearing all the men yell at her saying some disgraceful things made me upset but she is use to it.

I the middle of the song she takes of the dress and men begin throwing more money at her. Looking at her doing all these things on the pole twisting and turning her body. 

Her clothes keep coming off as another song comes on. Men reaching grabbing at her as if they want to devour her right their anger starts rushing through my veins, yet I can’t be mad this is her job.

“Hey man you alright?” “Look at all of them around her and how they looking at her.” “You ready to admit it?” “Admit what?” “That you like her.” “Curtis” “Its fine if you do. Y’all are together all the time and look what happen when she thought it was your church that burned down.” “It’s not that easy. Can we go.” “We can.” I looked up at the stage one finally time and that’s when our eyes connected.

**Journee**

When I finally got off I went to my car and rushed to his house. Banging on his door until he finally opened it.

“Journee what’s wrong?” “Why did you leave huh why?” “I went back to work. Did something happen after I left?” “No.” I turned to leave. “Why did you come here?” “Come tomorrow night.” “I can’t” “Please. Just for one song.” “why.” “Ethan” “I will come.” “Thank you” “Tell me what happen when you came to my church.” “I will tomorrow after.” “I’m going home. Good night Ethan.” “Good night song bird.”

[Saturday night.]

I was getting ready to go out on stage and I was hoping Ethan came like he said. I was hurt when I saw him leave yesterday and wanted to know why. I finished and I heard my name being called. I walked out looking around and was hurt until I started drowning. My heart smiled and begin to dance while to ‘Lazy Love’ while looking in Ethan’s eyes.  

When everything was, over I walked outside welcoming the air that felt great against my skin. I looked up and saw Ethan standing near my car.

“You came.” “I told you I would.” “Like the show?” “Depends was it for me?” “Why the fuck you want everything for you?” “You owe me something.” “Whoever the man was behind me was asking how much do I charge and his car was right outside.” Before I could say more Ethan had me in a tight embrace whispering in my ear how sorry it was that, that happen to me. “I have to go. I have church and funeral I have a long day.” “Looks like. Bye” I got in my car and went home.

{Sunday morning}

**Ethan**

“Don’t fear the strange fire just don’t bring it in the church. Strange fire means don’t bring contrary to the unsaved. We the body of Christ need to help them built them up. There was a time were none of us were saved. Light your own fire in the church. When you see the unsaved don’t shun them for not being saved or do things that are wrong in your eyes or the eyes of the Lord. Talk to them let them here your testimony and how God brought you out.” I breath looking out at my congregation.

“I am not worthy of God. Even when I wave my hands even stand here in this place in this pulpit in the church I am still full of dirt and filth yet God has called me to be a vessel of His word and His will. It’s only because of God’s grace and mercy any of us are here. As I bring this message to a close let’s keep the Stumps family in our prayers. If you need prayer, please come down.”

After church was over I went in my office preparing for the funeral when I heard a knock at my door.

“Come in” In walks Chloe with some lunch. “I thought we could have a light lunch then after the funeral we can go to dinner.” “thank you, but I already have someone bringing me something.” “Who her?” Chloe asked with an attitude.  “Who is her?” “Joey” “Who is Joey?” “The black girl.” “It’s Journee.” I say in a sharp tone but not too harsh. There was another knock on my door. “Come in.” Curtis walked in with some food. “I got you something to eat.” “Chloe does that look like ‘Joey’?” I say trying to keep a straight face. She got all her stuff and rushed out of my office.

“What was all that about?” “Chloe wanting me to dinner with her and brought me something to eat. She thought you was Journee but was being smart and called her Joey so I did. I shouldn’t have but I am just drained from all of this.”” Stay away from Journee for a few weeks to show them that it doesn’t means Journee is the reason you don’t want to be with Chloe.” “That might work.”

{later that night}

**Journee**

Getting out the shower I heard a knock at the door. I stood close by it. “Who is it?” I didn’t hear anything I went to the side window and saw him standing there. I open the door holding the towel close to my wet body. “What are you doing here?” “Well I missed you too.” “Who said anything about missing you? I sure didn’t. I saw you last night. Matter of fact you saw me naked last night.” “Actually, I didn’t.” “Why not.” “Why should I. It is your body to show off true enough but as a man of God I know when I should look away and I did. You didn’t see me when I turned around. I stayed but after a little bit I stopped watching.” “You make no sense.” “I make a lot of sense. I don’t need to see you naked to see your beauty and I will not look at you naked just to make you feel good or be happy with yourself.” “That’s not what I am doing. It’s my job Ethan.”

“Why are we arguing? Why are you upset?” “Just leave me alone.” I watch as Ethan stood in front of me before opening the door and walking in.

“Come here please. Sit.” I went an sat next to him.  “Journee, you are beautiful and I am not referring to the outside. You’re inside your heart is big even though it’s been hurt and through a lot you still show how amazing you are. When you sing, your voice is loud yet calming your painting pictures when you sing because the words are the paint and it makes everything better.”  I looked up at Ethan deep in his eyes. “What do you want from me?” “I just want you to be happy.” “Happiness isn’t for me.” “How do you know?” “I have tried.” “Try again.” “I am not doing this a third time. When I lost my mom and son was enough and not waiting for a next time.” “Next time might be better.” “whatever.” I go to get up when Ethan grasp my arm gently.

Before I knew it, his soft lips were on mine. In passionate yet soft kiss. I pull away but wanting more. “We can’t Ethan. I’m no good for you.” I say then walk to my room closing the door behind me.

Comment:

Vote:  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.9K 1.5K 28
COMPLETED~Their senior trip was supposed to be the trip of a lifetime. A week on a sunny beach chilling in summertime-what could go wrong? Annie and...
11.3K 330 12
Read and find out🥰! PSA: This book has mature content, foul language, drugs &' alcohol ,use of drugs &' alcohol , sexual reads, death and so much mo...
50.8K 332 72
Self explanatory. Read my bio for an IMPORTANT message about copyright! Have fun reading, comment, and vote.... ⚠️smut⚠️ ahead for all you horny bitc...
37.7K 761 10
I'm not always the hero. Sometimes, I'm merciless. My whole life I've been the good guy-loyal friend, helpful son, dedicated firefighter-but in the b...