Love's Like a Feather ( Love...

By vivvistory

Love is like a feather. I was broken and shattered. Incomplete. I had scars that never seemed to heal, I had... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Epilogue
Pretty Posters by Pretty Readers
Bonus Chapter

Chapter Three

30.5K 1.6K 337
By vivvistory

Thank you so much for the beautiful poster, @Aya--98! I freaking LOVE it!

April 1, present

Melissa

I heard as the clock keeps ticking away, every minute made my blush even more heated as I sat by my window, the bright sun warming my skin. I bit my lip from smiling and jumped when the door handle finally moved. Quickly I turned my back to it and looked at the view in front of me.

"Mel, look I made pancakes, they are so f*cking cute!"

I couldn't help the smile that lit across my lips. I whirled around only to see Blake holding a tray with two plates placed on it. On each plate there was a pile of American pancakes with syrup running smoothly and deliciously down. Raspberry of the color blue and red were placed skillfully around the pancakes along with some strawberries, and to finish everything of he had placed one single strawberry on the top. I was impressed. This was too good to be true.

"You made pancakes?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

Blake rolled his eyes. "Yes, I made pancakes. And no, no one helped me."

I bit my lip as I looked him over, trying to witness if he was telling me truth or complete lie but as I cut a glance on his face I saw white powder just beneath his hairline. Without even thinking of my action I began walking to him until I stood right in front of him. Because he was extremely tall man, I had to stand on my tip toes to reach his forehead. With a smile I gently stroke away the white flour.

"There you go." I smiled after making sure that I got rid of the white power on his forehead. I looked down to his brown iris as my lips began to move in attempt to continue speaking but only for me to stiffen in place. My fingers lowered down his face, touching the harsh stubble as it lowered and I found myself gulping softly when his strong jaw clenched under my touch. It moved in the most attractive way which only made my whole world spin around. I always admired his strong jawline, I always wondered how it would feel to run my fingers through it, to kiss it....

And then he took a step back. Breaking the unwanted spell. Well, unwanted for his part.

I dropped my hand and took a step back as I swallowed the lump on my throat. Stop it. Spot it. Spot it. Just stop it. Just forget it. Forget your feelings for him. Stop showing him this side of you. It was obvious that he didn't want that kind of relationship with me and I needed to accept that. After all, I wanted to be close to him even thought he saw me just like his little sister. It would hurt me no doubt but I was willingly to put myself through that hurt. Eventually I needed to get used to it. Blake won't stay alone forever. I was sure that he would meet a beautiful woman, a woman whom he will love deeply and treat her like his precious princess. A woman that would make him smile and laugh. A woman that would bare his children. Eventually he'll build a family of his own and I would be forgotten. I would be in the shadows watching him being in love with another woman. Watching his happiness blooming as mine would slowly drown into nothing.

Nevertheless, I'll be happy for him. Because at the end of the day......he would be happy.

Now? I'll just cherish every small moments we have together.

Blake coughed and smiled, what just happened few seconds ago was forgotten. Just like the kiss and just like the touch against his skin.....it was forgotten. It'll always be forgotten. And never repeated.

"Now, " he began as he walked towards my sofa and made himself comfortable on it as he set the tray in front of him. "I know my pancakes looks unbelievably phenomenal but I don't know how they taste yet."

"Are you basically saying that we might die as soon as we take the first bite?"

"Ha. Ha. Very funny. Get your cute butt over here and taste what will be the most delicious pancakes of the history of the most delicious pancakes." he proudly said, patting the seat in front of him.

I smiled and ignored the fluttering feeling I felt within me. I took a seat on the sofa and faced him, sitting crossed legged. He gave me a fork and knife and encouraged me to try the first bite. Huh, I guess I was going to die first.

When I had a piece of pancake on my fork I felt myself gulping nervously as I neared it my lips. Blake was watching every move I made. He was basically a child waiting for Santa. His lips was half open like he was going to eat the pancake and not me. I mentally rolled my eyes at his behavior and finally took the bite.

I wanted to spit it out.

I wanted to throw up.

But I held everything together and forced myself to chew the one piece of pancake with a tight smile on my lips. "Tell me Blake.....how much salt did you add?"

Blake knitted his eyebrows in confusion. "One pinch of salt.....why do you ask?"

One pinch of salt? One? More like one million!

I swallowed the disgusting and salty pancake hard almost painfully and nodded at him to try his 'delicious pancakes of the history of delicious pancakes'. Ever so slowly he took his one slice into his mouth and just like that he sprinted towards the bathroom.

"F*ck." He swore coming out from the bathroom.

A light giggle escaped my lips making Blake suddenly lock eyes with mine and soon enough he was chuckling as he sat back on his seat again. "I knew it was salt and not sugar."

"How could you even....you know what? I don't even want to know." I shook my head smiling and decided to reach out for the bright red strawberry. "At least we have these."

"Damn f*cking it. They look so perfect though...." Blake pouted watching his homemade pancakes. "Oh well, it was nice knowing them."

A comfortable silence fell upon us as we ate our fruits. Now and then I would sneak a glance at him only for him to do the same. Sometimes we would look into each others eyes without realizing it, but those innocent moments did something to us. The air around us would change, it was like the wind was blowing around us wanting our bodies to come closer to each other. But we never moved one inch. We stayed still and only let our eyes to connect. Oh those brown eyes of his. The brown color of them were warm like a soft blanket. How I wished for them to only look at me and no one else. No one else but me. Forever. I could get lost in them and honestly I wouldn't mind one single bit. They symbolized the longest and most difficult maze I have ever seen. A maze I wanted to be lost in and never search for the exit. I rather stay in his eyes forever, knowing at least I had a small place in him.

"Why are you doing this, Blake?" I finally asked the one question I had wondered from the first day he walked into my room telling me that we were going to eat breakfast together. It had been unexpected but as days passed I found myself always waiting for him each morning. For dinner I would join the others downstairs but for breakfast.....it was always Blake and I. The moment between us and the moment only for us. No one around but us.

"You don't like it?" He whispered his eyes suddenly bored deep down into my soul, knowing already what I was talking about.

My eyes widened. "No. Of course I like it.....It's just....I want to know why."

"Why am I doing this?" he asked raising an eyebrow. I gulped and nodded. Suddenly he took the tray and set it on the small table in front of us and to my complete shock he neared closer to me. He supported his weight by having an arm on the backrest of the sofa, while his other hand deliberately caressed my hair back behind my shoulder, his glorious eyes never left mine. When his lips moved I could feel his every breath along with the sensation that he threw upon me and warmed my heart. I froze under his every touch, under his every word and under his every warm breath. But I never found myself flinch or wanting to move away from him.

"Because I want to see your lips smile again. I want to see your memorizing brown eyes to shine again. I want to break down the walls around your soul. I want to make you forget. Tell me Mel, has your mind ever drifted away to him when you are with me? Do I make you forget?" he whispered making my breath stop for a moment.

"I....I....You do, Blake." I softly mumbled the truth.

My whole stomach sparkled with fireworks when I saw a smile appear on his lips. My eyes darted down to them, seeing the fullness of them. I have kissed them before, I had felt them against mine and I knew the softness of them. Too bad I would never feel them against mine just one more time. I blinked away and looked back to his eyes that was still observing me.

His fingers traced the length of my naked arm sending goosebumps all over my body until he palmed my hand and brought it up to his lips. His lips lingered on the front of my hand for a while and I saw him taking a deep breath like he was trying to memorize my scent into his every sense. His lips were like feather. Like the most delicate feather I have ever felt.

"For now I want you to be comfortable around me until...." His voice trailed off and the words that was left unspoken were like mystery to me. Until what?

His eyes dropped down to my fingers frowning as he did so. "You haven't painted your nails, Mel. You always do it!"

I blinked at the sudden change of topic and looked down on my naked nails. He was absolutely right, I always paint my nails but lately I have even forgotten to do the one thing I used to like. Painting my nails was my way of making myself a little bit beautiful but now no matter what I do....I couldn't get rid of the disgust of my body. They could dress me in the most beautiful and elegant dress and I would still feel an ugly sensation.

I shrugged. "I haven't-"

"I'm going to paint your nails and I do not accept a no from you." He demanded and got up only to come back with a blue nail polish. "Blue is my favorite color."

"Blue? I thought you didn't have a favorite color. What changed?" I giggled as he opened the lid and set the bottle on the table in front of us. He grabbed my hand again and held the edge of my thumb.

"It looks beautiful on you." he simply said and began painting my nail. I was glad that he wasn't looking at me, this way he wasn't witnessing the flame that appeared on my cheeks.

But something inside of me told me that he already knew the reaction he caused in me.

I grimaced as he worked with my nails. Although he was being cute and gentlemen for painting my nails he sure didn't know how to really paint them. He was concentrating hard yet he manged to paint outside my nail. He kept adding layers after layer of nail polish until it was one sloppy and thick layer. But I didn't say anything to hurt his feeling, instead I smiled at him whenever he would look up at me and tell me to take a look at the 'art' he created.

"What is happening here?" Layla asked as she welcomed herself into my room without knocking. She took one look at us and began laughing as she walked towards us and took a peak at Blake's 'art'. Her laughter calmed down as she grimaced at the sight in front of her. "Man, you are awful!"

Blake glared up at her. "Shut your face. Mel told me it was f*cking good."

"Layla, stop it, he's doing good." I said glaring up at her, telling her to stop argue.

She rolled her eyes while Blake grinned widely and for a moment I thought he was also going to stick his tongue out at her like a child. But he didn't. He turned back to his work, doing my last nail.

"Melissa, you should paint his nails too." Layla announced as she made herself comfortable in my bed, smirking evilly as she did so.

"NO!" Blake yelled, utter horror written all over his expression.

Layla gave me to look of encouragement, telling me to disobey him. Why was she doing this? Nevertheless, I did as she asked me to. Beside there was no way he would agree to this anyway.

"Blake, please. I want to paint your nails." I plead and made sure to give him my doe looking eyes. He blinked up at me and then back at the smiling face of Layla.

"Mel." He groaned under his breath before he let out a defeated sigh. "Fine."

I gaped in surprise. "Really?"

He gave me the lid but didn't say anything. With a bright smile I began painting his nails in the color of blue.

"Layla, if you haven't eaten breakfast yet there are pancakes waiting for you. Mel loved them, you should try them." Blake said flatly.

Before I could say anything, Blake glared at me to seal my lips shut. We saw as Layla jumped from the bed and sat on the floor in front of the table. She brought one for the plate in front of her while I bit my lip trying to hold back the laughter that was building inside of me.

"I really could use some pancakes right now." she mumbled hungrily and shoved one large piece of pancake into he mouth. She chewed one time. Two times. And then she spit everything out.

"What the actual f*ck!" 

***

Ah, this is one of those chapters you just feel a little itchy about, but I hope at least you guys enjoyed it. It was a little cute. Melissa and Blake is having a moment  *wink wink*.

Next chapter will be in Blake's pov, get excited folks!

Let's get to know each other better! Question; What is your favorite color? Mine is white and purple :)

Until next time (which will be sometimes this week), Vivvi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 312 48
I was just thinking. I swear. But maybe my mind over thought. It's weird that everything can seem so simple, straight forward. Black and white. Two c...
669K 18K 63
For a long time all he's ever known was loneliness and pain. That is, until he saw her. To him, she was the most beautiful thing in the world. From t...
11.5K 79 64
"You're lying! She would never do such a thing." I was in denial as I shook my head repeatedly to clear my vision 'Stop please, do this at another ti...
103K 14.3K 46
[𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗣𝗟𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗗]☕︎ ♔︎#1 in Mafialove [3 Feb 23] ♔︎#1 in Newadult [2 June 23] ♔︎#1 in Affection [15 Sep. 22] ♔︎#2 in Eroticromance [16 April 23] ♔...