SULTAN {Preview}

By AmirahJulde

#1 in Sultan, more times than I can count. "Promise me, promise me oh brother, that you will take care of Su... More

Introduction.
Keywords
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Author's Note
Chapter Three
CHAPTER FOUR
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
I'm back!!!
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Author's Note
Meant Not To Be #ProjectNigeriaUC2017
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Happy Birthday SULTAN
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
A Review
Chapter Thirty-two
Dear Momma!
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
THE STORY OF US...
EPILOGUE TEASER!
EPILOGUE

Chapter Twenty-seven

9.8K 994 255
By AmirahJulde

I know I'm late but I will wish you anyways 😂😂 Happy belated Birthday Adda Zainabu xieykhalil the trouble maker 😫😫 Allah ya daďa raya mana keh❤❤❤, but please don't give us free injections, we don't want 😝😝

Mata ku ďau turame yayi
Kuma kuce naďi dai anyi
Sarki Sa'adu Sultan yayi
Duniya tai dadi
Uban matasa yazo...

(I just hope Nazeeru Sarkin waka will not catch me oo 😂😂😂)

                             ~~~
17th Shawwal, 1323.

"Takawarka lafiya ďan toron giwa,
Allah ya ja zamanin Sarki, Lamido Sultan Sa'ad Ibrahim Mahdi!"

Everything happened so fast, the Palace was so full and busy, all the King makers, title holders were there present. I was asked to moved forward, were the King makers crowned me, they wore the Alkyabba thobe and wrapped the rawani turban for me, after some further formalities, I was handed the Staff of Office and asked to sit on the throne. It suddenly dawned on me, I was now King, Lamido Sa'ad Ibrahim Mahdi, the fourteenth Emir of Pawa Emirate!

All the title holders moved further to convey their greetings and congratulations to the new King, even Abba. It felt so not right to have elders bowing for me, but that was royalty for me isn't it, after all the greetings and all, the kirari begun...

The turbaning was rounded up before Zuhr, so as to give everyone ample time to rest before going to the Masjid, and the daurin aure which was scheduled to be immediate after Jumm'at.

I stood up and went to were Abba sat, I went down on my knees and collapsed into his arms and broke down in tear.

"No no Sultan don't cry, my son you are a King now, Kings don't cry" he chuckled on a lighter note.

"Abba I can't, I can't Abba, the responsibilities are too much Abba"

"That is not for me to decide again Sultan, it was a promise, I had to fulfill it, and who told you you can't do it? Of course you can, you just have to brace up my son, you were born into royalty, you were born to lead, this is your birth right, you have to face it, and bravely too" he said with a firm voice, indicating how serious he was, like to tell me there is no going back. He held my hands and helped me up to sit.

"Sit down and listen attentively Sultan" he said with an encouraging smile "21 years ago on the battlefield, your father breathed his last, but that was after living his parting words, a *, he made me promise Sultan, I know I have never told you the exact words, but today I will. He said "Promise me, promise me oh brother, that you will take care of Sultan. Promise me you will rule this Emirate justly and truthfully in my absence. Promise me you will guard the throne for him, and when he reaches the age of 21, promise me you will marry a righteous woman for him and make him Emir. So you see, those words of his were a wasiyyah Will, they had to be fulfilled and Alhamdulillah Ya Allah, I had been eagerly waiting for this day all through this years, to fulfill this promise.

Sultan I won't tell you that leadership is easy, just to calm you down, no, I will tell you the truth. Leadership is hard and delicate too, it vests so much power and duty on the shoulders of the beholder. Being a leader can lead a person to Jannah or Jahannam. Avoid the latter as much as you can, be good to your subjects, never let power get into your head, pray to Allah to prevent you from being power drunk, follow the dictates of the Quran and Sunnah.

There's a Hadith that Abdullah bin Umar reported:
The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said,
"All of you are shepherds and each of you is responsible for his flock. An Imam is a shepherd and he is responsible for those in his care. A man is a shepherd in respect of his family and is responsible for those in his care. The woman is a shepherd in respect of her husband's house and is responsible for what is in her care. The servant is a shepherd in respect of his master's property and is responsible for what is in his care. All of you are shepherds and each of you is responsible for his flock."

Everything worth doing, is worth doing good Sultan, if you take your responsibilities seriously and religiously, you shall see nothing but good will and Khair in your life. Lastly, I wish you all the very best in your reign, Allah ya maka Albarka.

"Ameen Abba, may Allah reward you for all you have done to me. Thank you." those were the only words that came out of my mouth, because of course I couldn't find the right words of appreciation to use. After listening to his long speech, I felt so much relieved and happy, and today being my happiest day, I found myself not even missing my parents anymore, instead I thanked Allah, he took away my parents but then again, He replaced them with others that showed me love and care, those who want nothing but my happiness in life. Alhamdulillah.

***
Surah An-Nisa, Verse 20:
وَإِنْ أَرَدتُّمُ اسْتِبْدَالَ زَوْجٍ مَّكَانَ زَوْجٍ وَآتَيْتُمْ إِحْدَاهُنَّ قِنطَارًا فَلَا تَأْخُذُوا مِنْهُ شَيْئًا أَتَأْخُذُونَهُ بُهْتَانًا وَإِثْمًا مُّبِينًا
And if you wish to have (one) wife in place of another and you have given one of them a heap of gold, then take not from it anything; would you take it by slandering (her) and (doing her) manifest wrong?

"An daura auren Lamido Sa'adu da Ummulkhairi akan sadaki sisin gwal hamsim the wedding knot has been tied between Lamido Sa'ad and Ummulkhairi with bride price of 50 (dinar) gold coins Alhamdulillah, Fahihaaaa... "

The makada went about announcing amidst distributing kolanuts and dates to people present.

Immediately I heard that, a chill ran down my spine, this was a great responsibility bestowed upon me, being King and a husband all in a single day. Overwhelming, it was, in a good way, of course. Sameer patted my back reassuringly and smiled, I smiled back and immediately stood up and prayed two raka'ats of nawafil to Allah, no prayers came to my mind afterwards, all I kept repeating was Alhamdulillah, Alhamdulillah.

The wedding Fatiha was conducted immediately after the Jumm'at prayers, there in the Masjid. Soon after I finished praying, people trooped to where I stood to congratulate me, and that went on for almost an hour. Outside, the algaita, kalangu, kakaki, ganga were all blaring by the performers. Local traditional dancers also came from far and wide for the occasion.

By Allah I have attended multiple turbanings and weddings in the past, but never have a ever seen a gathering as big as this, all I could say yet again was, Alhamdulillah.

My mind flickered to Khairi, I couldn't help but wonder if she was as happy as I was, how was she dressed, if she would talk to me today, if she would  smile at me again. While all this thoughts were going through my mind, I knew I wouldn't see her today, for even though in our tradition, after the wedding dariya, it's unheard of for a bride to spend one more night in their house. In our case, even though we all lived in the Palace, it still meant that she will be conveyed to my own side of the house, which is the main building which was formerly occupied by Abba before he moved to another part. The main building was renovated and furnished to suit both Khairi and I. I knew Khairi will not be released to me until tomorrow after the budan kai unveiling of the bride and Walima.

I was so engrossed in my thoughts when Sameer tabbed me with a sheepish grin plastered on his face "I was waiting for this moment all through today, I didn't want to be congratulating you at every interval. So, Happy Birthday, congratulations on your coronation and also on your wedding, Allah ya raya, Allah kuma ya bada Ikon riko da adalci, Ameen." though he said all these playfully, I knew he truly meant it, and was genuinely happy for me. I engulfed him in a hug and almost broke down when he spoke again

"No way is this happening Sultan, don't tell me you are about to cry, who does that, who cries on his wedding day, a man that is? Come on let's go and eat, I'm famished" I smiled and muttered a "Thank you" to which he shrugged "I owe you more than that Sultan, I owe you my entire being. Now let's go" I mounted my horse and we managed to our way out of the crowd.

We went to the post daurin aure reception for the groom and his friends, we dined wined and made merry till evening, the thoughts of Khairi never leaving my mind...

***

"Respect your husband Khairi, yi nayi, bari na bari do as he says"

"Always listen attentively to what he says, give importance to what he says and do as he says, in this manner, you will soon win a place in his heart because it is not really a person who is beloved but what the person does that is most loved"

"Tend your beauty carefully, so that whenever he looks at you, he will be pleased with his choice. Within the limits of decency use as much fragrance and possible and make sure no part of your body or dress repulses him"

"Always look attractive to him, always apply Kohl to your eyes as beautiful eyes makes the whole being beautiful, in the eyes of the beholder. Always bath and perform ablution for it is the best perfume and best way of cleanliness"

"Make sure his food is ready always before time as hunger becomes a flame if not satisfied. Cook for your husband once in a while, for the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Keep his rest hours quiet and peaceful as disturbed sleeps makes a man morose and angry."

"Make your husband your best friend my dear, because when the love eventually fades, friendship suffices. Love him, treat him like a child, groom him to your taste, make sure you are the first person he runs to for advice."

Your husband is a public figure, a King, and as such that makes you a Queen, I hope you know what that means, stand by him in thick and thin, be his emotional support. Treat your subjects with love and kindness"

"Read about women in history my child, learn from them. Learn from Nana khadeejah and Aisha, wives of the Prophet, Fatimah, Zaynab and Rukayya his daughters, Maryam, the mother of Annabi Isah and Asiya the wife of Firaun... "

Umma and Mama both advised Khairi simultaneously, assuring her that though they are Sultan's mothers, they are her mothers too, they assured her to feel free and seek for their advise anytime the need arises and run to them in case things may go sore, of which they of course don't pray for.

Amidst her silent sobs, they both gave her warm, motherly and affectionate hugs until they heard the announcement coming from the masjid, signifying that she's now a Mrs.

"Get up now and offer Salah to Allah, pray for peace and tranquility in your marriage, pray for a fruitful and everlasting marriage filled with love and respect, pray to Allah to wade away all evils coming your way. Pray Ummulkhairi, pray, for it is good for a new bride to pray immediately after her wedding Fatiha."

She got up and prayed for a very long while, until she was finally done and the women led her outside, where the Imams were already waiting to do her saukan karatu *Quranic graduation*...

***
Batuul

"An daura auren Lamido Sa'adu da Ummulkhairi..."

I never knew hot tears existed until I heard these words coming from the masjid. Very hot tears streamed down my lids, I tried as much as possible to stop them but I couldn't, they were uncontrollable. Maryam who sat beside me on the bed held my hand and gave it a squeeze, I turned to her and fell on her shoulders, the tears never stopping, she didn't try to stop me, she didn't even talk, she just gave me her shoulder to cry on, stroking my hair gently, I intended for this to be the last tear I will shade for his sake.

I could hear Umma and Mama Jakadiya's voices coming from Umma's sitting room, they were doing huďubah advise to the new bride. She was sobbing, silently, tears of joy I was sure, while mine was nothing but tears of pain and despair.

Funny how you plan your life and Allah plans too. Funny how just a month ago, I was planning, dreaming and fantasising about my life as Yaya's wife, funny how just a while ago Khairi was nothing but a maid, but just in a few seconds she becomes a Queen. Indeed we plan and Allah plans, but He, Allah, is the best Planner.

When night came and I couldn't sleep, I crept to Umma's chamber by midnight and knocked on her door, she opened it after a while and was surprised to see me.

"Can I.. Can I sleep in your room please?" she hesitated and gave me a puzzled look before she moved back for me to enter

"Sure, you are welcome" she said and went back to praying nawafil. I laid down and tossed on the bed for about two hours before Umma got up and sat close to me,laying her hands on my side "You're yet not asleep Batuul?"

Silence

"Have you eaten, did you eat today at all?"

"Umma please I came here to rest"

"Calm your mind Fatima Batuul, have faith. Believe in Allah that whatever was meant for you will not pass you, and whatever passes you, was not meant for you after all. Stand up and pray to Allah Batuul, for He says in the Holy Book, Verily, with every hardship comes ease."

I digested her words slowly my mind gradually started easing off. A mother surely has her ways of making you calm in times of distress. I smiled at her then got up and went to perform ablution....

                        ~~~

My people, ello, hawayu?

How was the turbaning and daurin aure scenes 😂😂lame, yeah? Pardon me, you know I'm a girl and females don't attend such occasions (in my own side of the country). Let me run along and start preparing the wedding events scenes, see you all soon, get ready to dance 💃 💃

Don't forget to vote,
Comment,
Share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.3K 3.6K 61
She has been in love with him for as long as she can remember. She was madly head over heels for him. When she was bound to him, things don't go as s...
134K 12.4K 58
Book one in the Dantata Series She joked about getting a husband at the wedding. He was the groom's cousin. They say some love stories start when you...
82.1K 10.7K 50
Fauziya Ahmad, a 20 year old introvert, was very well sheltered growing up loses her best friend and grandparents in a car accident whom she was very...
405 75 10
Nurain and Du'a knew they were just friends, well get over it everyone. But no! Her family thought they were perfect for each other, his family thoug...