Revenge of a Lifetime

By lonesomeone15

Determined to avenge her sisters death, Hayleiah Jay Riley has devoted her life to training with a government... More

Your Mission
The Date... Sort of
What Am I Missing Here?
Author's Note
You Will Pay
A Hopefully Quick Recovery
I Already Told You
Authors Note

Getting Settled

360 15 11
By lonesomeone15

Levail sat next to me and shimmied into his seat until he was comfortably adjusted. Ellie was sitting in front of us, which I was thankful for because then she couldn't see us. I got out my phone and laptop in order to look into some things we could do while we were in Dallas around our hotel. It was only noon and we were expected to arrive at our hotel around two. I figured we could probably hit up the mall in order to get some clothes that we could wear during the mission.

"Hey, watcha doing?" I diverted my attention from my screen to Levail.

"Oh, I was checking into some stuff for us to do while were in Dallas. I figure we should probably hit up the mall so we can get clothes for the mission. Then we can all go to dinner."

"Maybe we can go to dinner together... just you and me?"

"What about Ellie, she's part of the mission too." Ellie turned around from her seat.

"Don't worry, I'm not hungry." She said with a smile.

"But it's only noon, dinner will probably be around six."

"I'm not hungry then either."

"But-" She put a finger over my lips.

"You're going to dinner with Levail." With that, she turned back around and readjusted herself in her seat. I chuckled knowing I had just lost the fight.

"I guess were getting dinner then." He said with a bright smile.

"I guess so, I hear they have some nice places to eat. Or we could just eat at the hotel."

"Oh no, this is a date now. We're going somewhere nicer than the hotel."

"Alright, I'll leave that to you then."

"Good, I'll surprise you."

"So, you look nice in jeans and a t-shirt, is that the style you're sticking with for the mission?"

"If you think it looks good, then probably."

"My opinion doesn't really matter. I don't know how teenage boys dress."

"Pretty much like this, I hear they don't really care. Apparently, I have more in common with teenage guys than I thought."

"At least you know what you're doing, I don't go on assignment often enough to know."

"Maybe I can help, I go out for assignment often enough to know at least a little about teenage girls. And I know a few."

"How? You don't socialize with anyone outside of the agency, do you?"

"I don't solely do my mission, if I'm out, I'm going to explore a little. A lot of girls give me their phone numbers, maybe I could ask them what they like to do."

"That would be good because I need all the help I can get."

"You'll do fine, but speaking of the mission, what do you think they want?"

"I don't know, maybe they know that the agencies have teenage members and were just more likely to tell people about it. I'm honestly not sure, but I guess were going to find out."

"Yeah, so what else do you want to do while were there. I anticipate we'll be there for a while, so what else do you think we should do?"

"We could go to the movies, they have an indoor sports arena where we could play. They also have art classes at the galleria, or ice skating, It get's pretty hot where were going to be."

"Yeah, all of those sound like a blast."

"Do you know how much is in our reserved accounts?"

"I'm willing to bet quite a bit, this is kind of like a vacation for us as well so Rusty wants us to enjoy ourselves a little while on this mission too."

"Sounds like fun. And speaking of fun, I think I'm going to take a power nap. I had nightmares last night, so it was a long night."

"Alright, I'm just going to sit, probably think for a while. I'll wake you up when we get there."

"Thanks." I leaned my head back and fell asleep. I didn't sleep long enough to dream about anything, so I got at least a little bit of sleep. When Levail woke me up a while later, I sat up and realized my head had fallen on him, against his shoulder. "I'm so so sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep on you."

"No, it's ok, I don't mind. Did you sleep ok?"

"Yeah, did you think ok?" I said with a smile followed by a chuckle.

"I thought fine I guess, Thanks for asking...?" He said with a chuckle. I got up out of my seat as the plane had landed and it was time to get off. I grabbed my phone and laptop, then made my way off the plane. Levail followed behind Ellie who was just behind me. We made our way to the luggage pickup. "Leiah, will you get my bag, I'm going to go make sure our car is ready."

"Absolutely, we'll meet you over there." He nodded and then continued going straight until he reached the rental car booth next to McDonald's. As soon as he was out of sight, Ellie smirked and shimmied her shoulders until she was leaned against mine. I looked down at her and she was still smirking.

"You fell asleep on him."

"I was sleeping against the head rest, it's not like I purposely fell asleep on him. And thanks, by the way, for ditching me tonight. What am I supposed to do, he said he's making it into a date now."

"Roll with it girl, we can pick you something out when we go shopping."

"He'll be with us."

"So, he can help." She got off my shoulder and picked up her luggage from the machine. I grabbed mine and Levail's as they were right after hers. When we had all of our luggage, we met Levail over by the rental car booth. He turned around with our information right as we approached him.

"Good, you ladies are ready. We need to go check into the hotel, then we can go shopping."

"Sounds like fun."

"Oh, Leiah let me take that. Thank you for grabbing it for me."

"Oh, it's no problem." I handed him his suitcase and we followed him to our rental car. We got a black Camaro with black interior. Levail opened the back and took our suitcases so he could put them in the trunk. Ellie raced me to the car so she could get in the back. I knew she wanted Levail and me to sit together, so I didn't bother to argue. She was really stubborn and I was too tired to deal with it right now.

Levail ducked so he could get in the car, he was pretty tall, so he had to move the front seat back as far as it would go. He started the car and drove us a few miles to the hotel. He wanted one close to the airport in case we had to leave quickly for any emergencies.

We grabbed our luggage from the back while Levail went to make sure our rooms were ready. When we met up in the lobby, our rooms were ready, so we just went up. Our room was right next to his, he claims it's because he wants to make sure he can keep an eye on us. He just wants to be protective.

"Do you ladies want some time to change?"

"No, I think were just going to wear this, but I do want a minute to get settled and use the restroom."

"Alright, just knock when you're ready."

"Sure." He went into his room as Ellie and I went into ours. It was pretty nice, there were two queens sized beds and a mini fridge, you know, typical hotel room. I moved to the bed by the window and started putting my things away. I kept my handgun in my bag. It was a cross body bag that was brown. I figured I needed something that would be hard for people to steal. I also kept my credit card and cash in my purse, along with my phone. Ellie noticed me getting stuff ready to go.

"Hey Leiah, maybe you should leave your gun in the safe. Why don't you just take your knife?"

"Good idea, I just didn't know we had a safe."

"Yeah, it's a pretty nice hotel. And, by the way, where is this mall?"

"It's about ten minutes away. I sent the coordinates to Levail."

"I may not know much about teens, but I know they don't say words like coordinates. Why don't you try words like directions or details? I know it's a weird word, but they use it. I did research while we were on the plane."

"Thanks for the advice, are you almost ready to go?"

"Yeah, I just want to freshen up my makeup."

"For what? Do you plan on landing a date yourself?"

"No, I just like to look my best. But I'd be happy to help you prepare for yours tonight."

"Thanks, I need all the help I can get." We continued talking as she fixed her makeup, which truthfully, had nothing wrong with it in the first place. When she was done, she grabbed her black purse and we went next door to get Levail. When we knocked, he opened the door. He didn't have a shirt on because he was changing clothes.

"Oh, sorry ladies, I was just changing. Apparently I, somehow, got dirt all over my shirt."

"Don't worry, were not sorry." Ellie joked as she playfully nudged me In the arm. Levail smiled and shook his head at her joke. He stepped aside and opened the door wider so we could walk in. His room had one king sized bed, which I'm assuming he requested, and a nice view of the city.

"Look at you with a super fancy room."

"I don't have to share, so I requested a bigger bed. But I do like seeing the city and watching all the people out there." He closed his door and then went to the drawer next to the television and grabbed a shirt. It was tight fitting, kind of like a thin knit shirt. He grabbed his keys from the table and put them in his pocket.

He put his shoes back on and then followed us to the car. When he got in, he plugged in his phone to the radio and blasted his rock music. He thought he was so cool in this car, and I have to admit he did seem a little cool, but that's just me. Well, he did look cool until he started dancing. He's not a great dancer, but it's ok, everyone has their weaknesses.

When we pulled into the mall parking lot, he turned his music off and parked. "Alright ladies, where to first?" He asked as we walked into the mall together.

"How about we watch for teens and see where they go. I would hate to get the wrong clothing."

"Leiah, stop stressing about the mission and get something you want. Teens have all different kinds of styles anyway."

"But mine is mostly black."

"Have you tried anything else?"

"No, it just looks best."

"Then how would you know, come on, were going to that girly store over there." I groaned knowing he wasn't letting me out of this. It's not that I hated girly things, I just like my outside to match my inside.

When we got inside, I noticed the place looked like a unicorn habitat. Rainbows were painted on the wall and glitter was everywhere. I brought my hands to my chest and awkwardly walked around everything. I didn't want to touch anything with glitter because everyone knows where that leads. Levail led me to the back where there were mostly solid colored shirts, but pink and purplish colors.

He and Ellie got to work on my new look. I went and looked at the denim shorts because I wasn't interested in what they were doing necessarily. I found some cute pairs that I liked, so I grabbed them and met let them in the back. They handed me everything that they picked out, I figured I would be here a while. So I sighed and went into the dressing room. They waited outside like it was a fashion show. They seemed to like almost everything I tried on, so I just used my reserved account to buy it.

After a few more stores, and helping them, we went back to the hotel to prepare for dinner. Ellie made me go with Levail by myself, so I had to prepare even more.

"Ellie, I don't know what to wear." she got up from the bed she was laying on and looked through my new stash of clothes. She pulled out a black skater skirt and a white, skin tight, shirt. She then grabbed a belt, a necklace, and a pink leather jacket. I grabbed my black faux leather ankle wedges and my purse. When I came out of the bathroom, Ellie smiled with delight.

"I don't like this skirt, what if we run into trouble and I have to fight someone. I can't move in this."

"you'll be fine, but just to keep you comfortable, you can wear these spandex shorts." I put the shorts on under my skirt. I was about to sit down and wait for levail when there was a knock on the door. I opened it and saw a very handsome levail. He looked at me and his jaw dropped.

"Wow... Hayleiah, you look amazing." I blushed a little.

"Thanks, you look very handsome."

"Are you ready to go?"

"Oh, yeah just let me Grab my purse from the table."

"Hayleiah put the gun in the safe. you're going on a date, not to the shooting range." I grabbed my gun from my purse and out it in the safe, after giving Ellie a little attitude. When I was finished, I joined levail at the door.

"You two lovebirds have fun, and don't be too late." I smiled and waved to her before leaving.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 24.5K 37
NEVER UNDERESTIMATE A WOMAN WHO SURVIVED. Highest rank # 1 in Mystery/Thriller! Written on Wattpad and now published worldwide in print and eBook...
2.2K 145 76
Guns, revenge and buildings to bomb, what could go wrong? ✮ He came in, gun held out in front of him in one hand while the other was resting on his h...
28.5K 1K 27
Melanie Clarke was ready for the world. The world wasn't ready for Melanie Clarke. After rescuing her brother from Scorpion's deadly grasp and witne...
1.6K 102 31
Being the best agent in her field, Agent N is focused and excels in every mission she receives. But what happens when she gets assigned to another co...