Coffee Beans

By HJ_Harvey

Highest Ranks: #1 in wattpride (17/05/21) #1 in unlimitedpride (17/05/21) #10 in lesbian (27/02/19) #4 in g... More

A Tiny Little Shop
Introductions
Americano, Extra Shot
Warming Coffee
Most People
Four Double Shots
Eleven 'till Three
Coffee Cake, Victoria Sponge
Mark.
Busy Day
Americano To Latte
Coffee Critique
Jason's Here
Two Steaks
Steak Drama
Pizza Too?
Helping
Morning Cappuccino
Coffee, Coffee, or Coffee?
Helping Hand
Teamwork
Number 15
The Little Italian
Feta And Spinach
Pudding And Coffee
Think About It
Time Goes By
Yes or No
Special Night
Broken Night
Catasrophe
Doe, a Deer..
Seventh Coffee
Bad News, News, Question
Answers In Every Sense
Flirting or Working?
Brownie Berry
To Bake Or Not To Bake
Talking Time
Out Of Time
Caramel Latte
24 Hours
Double Dilemma
Sit Back
Endings
Bonus Content #1
Bonus Content #2
Christmas Eve Eve Eve
News
This Was Their Time.
Fin: Author's Note
What's This?!?
The 400K Super Special Bonus Chapter
Exciting News!! [22/04/21]

Where To Go

19.9K 807 82
By HJ_Harvey

Within half an hour, the shop was ready to be closed. The coffee machine was crystal clean and sparkling under the dimmed spotlights. The tables and chairs were re-organised and also clean. Cakes and biscuits that hadn't been sold were put into containers ready for donation and not a single crumb remained on the floor.

"Maybe I should hire you," Ellie said, laughing until she remembered offering the job to Robin.

"If I wasn't working for the shelter, I would accept." Mark grinned and held his arm out for Ellie to take. Hesitant, she gave in to the charming glint in his eye after a short pause and put her arm through his.

They walked down the road under a soft glow of the street lamps. It wasn't as foggy as her night out with Robin, and she was wishing it was. Every now and then, Mark would look at her and smile. He didn't say a word which she was thankful for; what would she say? What if he said something that she couldn't respond to?

A few meters later, the high-street came into view. There were bustling groups of people along each side of the pavement, some stopping at the odd indie restaurant and going inside. Mark stopped just before a crossing and turned to face Ellie.

"Where do you fancy eating?"

"I don't mind – you can choose."

Mark looked over the various eateries and pointed to one towards the end of the road. "How about that one, with the red canopy thing."

"You mean the Italian?"

"Yeah. Do you like pizza? Or pasta?"

Ellie nodded slowly, her mind rolling back to her evening with Robin. "It sounds good I suppose." For some reason, it felt wrong to go to the same place with Mark as she went with Robin like it was betrayal or something.

"Are you ok?" Mark looked straight into Ellie's eyes, his eyebrows furrowed together with concern.

"Just a bit tired is all," Ellie mumbled, giving him a fake smile. "Let's go and get a table." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.5K 1.9K 37
[Wattys 2022 Shortlister] [The Ambys 2023 Top Pick (Romance)] River May Dorsey loves tea. She loves it so much that, after her grandmother left her a...
50.8K 2.3K 48
in which a girl writes (but never sends) letters to the girl she loves. TW: Self-harm/suicide *Please read at your own risk, I have made the rating f...
278K 14.4K 45
(Book One) Do you ever feel as if your life has yet to begin? I've been alive for almost seventeen years now and absolutely nothing has ever happened...
152K 7.2K 37
Ginny is a Graduating Senior in College, majoring in Crime Investigation in X University. During her last year, there's been a sudden change. a new t...