The Warrior's Find

By Kirstthesmurf

Kali - a 20 year old female warrior and an Alpha's daughter Dmitri - a 24 year old male Alpha with attitude p... More

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

2 0 0
By Kirstthesmurf

Here's the second chapter - as I am too impatient to update slowly right now.

Here's to hoping this story picks up some reads...

Enjoy :) x

----------------------------

I sniffed, cringed and coughed as the smoke wafted around me, blinding my senses. The sound of chaos surrounded me, making it impossible to discern where I was and what was happening. 

I felt around me, finding nothing but the cold forest floor upon which I was sat. 

"Mum? Dad? Ash? JEREMY?" I screamed, my voice sounding hoarse.

The faintest sound reached my ears, much like a whisper, "Kali! Help!"

I felt a slight nudge on my right side, causing my eyes to open and my dream to evaporate within my mind. 

Dan sat next to me, eye filled with concern, "hey, you alright?"

I nodded before looking around, noticing the lack of movement from under me. 

"We're here already?" I asked, shocked.

"Sure are, you slept the whole way, Miss Sleeping Beauty", he mocked.

I made a face and stood, making my way down to the front of the bus and out onto the grass. I felt Dan hop down beside me and we both took our time to look around, noticing the lack of people, as well as the lack of eye candy. 

Ahead of us stood a large building, double the size of our pack house back home, which makes sense considering that the Granite Pack had double the numbers, thus rendering them the strongest pack of the region. I've heard that the Alpha is excessively strict about his member's training, hence why the warriors gather on his territory, however, I have yet to meet this man myself. There have been rumours about him though, how he has never been seen with a woman, how his looks surpass those of a roman god and there has been talk within my pack about his attitude and the harsh front that he holds. 

I turned to Dan, "where is everyone? I know we're all an ugly sort, but I've never made people run away..."

He shrugs and opens his mouth to speak, but is interrupted by a timid voice, "hello?"

Our eyes fall on a boy, who couldn't have been older than 15, that stood before us with a shy smile. 

"You're here for the training right?" he asked.

"Yeah, but it looks as though no one else has arrived?" I asked.

He lets out a small laugh, "no, every body else is just in the hall for lunch, you know? Come, I've been asked by Beta Elijah to bring you there".

I nod and wait for him to lead the way. I feel the rest of my group exit the bus and follow behind Dan and I, chattering amongst themselves. We are led across the short pathway and the boy heads into the large pack house, looking back towards us, making sure that we have followed him. As soon as we enter the place, it is as though a volume switch has been flicked, the sound of numerous people talking reaching my ears. 

I notice Dan fidgeting beside me and turn my head towards him, "you okay there?"

"Yeah, I don't know what it is but my wolf is feeling kind of anxious" he states, looking around.

Looking ahead, I see that the boy has stopped in front of a set of double doors, most likely enclosing the rest of the wolves. 

"My name is Kade, by the way", the boy states, his cheeks tinting red. "Beta Elijah will meet with you shortly, so please help yourselves to the food".

I thank him and watch as he opens the door and wanders into the vast space that follows. I wrap my hand around Dan's arm, stand tall and walk confidently into the room, surveying the scene before me. There were three long tables that spanned the length of the room, with bench seats on either side. The room itself was enormous, featuring high ceilings and a subtle stage at the far end. I make my way through the aisle between two tables and find a space towards the end, where Dan and I proceed to sit down. 

"Damn, Dan. This pack must have something in the water, I've never seen werewolves this big!" I stated, my eyes following a particularly muscled man as he walked towards the doors we had just come through. 

"Kali! You do understand that those werewolves can actually hear every word you're saying, right? Maybe you should turn the volume down a bit." He whispered, eyes darting around the room. 

I just rolled my eyes in response, looking around at the people present. I recognised a large number of the warriors, as they often visited the Skyland Pack to train with us. Those that were unfamiliar to me, however, I assumed were from the Granite Pack, as they each held a somewhat hard expression, conversing only amongst themselves. As stiff as they were though, their looks were something I would never get bored of, the majority sporting a fit build, not lean like those in my pack, but strong and muscular. 

My train of thought was interrupted by the sound of a throat clearing from my left, in the direction of the stage that took up the back end of the room. The conversations amongst those present ceased as soon as they heard it, each person turning towards the tall, stern-looking man that was currently stood upon the stage. The light caught his auburn hair and I heard Dan lowly gasp beside me, his hand tightly grasping mine as it rested on the seat. 

I gave him a questioning look before turning back as the god-like man spoke, "thank you all for coming here today", his hard eyes gazed throughout the room. 

"I am pleased, as is the Alpha, to welcome you to our lands for the upcoming warrior training. I understand that many of you have just arrived and therefore we are allowing the rest of the day for you to familiarise yourselves with the land and to settle into your accommodation. I am Beta Elijah and if you require any immediate assistance, please let me know, as the Alpha is currently unavailable". 

His voice carried through the hall, sounding every bit as serious as he looked. Finished with his announcement, his nose turned up slightly, as though smelling something and his gaze landed on the stiff body next to mine. The Beta's eyes slightly widened before he steeled his expression and walked off the back of the stage and out of view. 

"Well, he seemed like quite the tight-ass, don't you think?" I spoke, looking towards Dan, who still looked as though someone had personally shoved a large stick up his you know where. 

"Mhmm", he muttered mindlessly. 

I snapped my fingers in front of his face and his gaze finally focused on me. 

"What is your problem, Dan?" 

He reached up and ran his hand through his hair, ruffling it slightly.

"You know how we were always taught about the signs of your mate being near?" he asked.

"Yeah, why would yo-" I trailed off. "Oh my Mother Moon, Dan! He's your-?"

He nodded, a slight smile donning his face, "I never thought that this would happen here! Isn't he just gorgeous too? I'm not sure if he noticed though. But surely he would have? Maybe not. I mean I'm nothing special, nothing compared to him." His smile had disappeared, replaced instead by a look of doubt and worry.

I squeezed the hand that was still in mine, "you're amazing, Dan. He is the luckiest man alive to have you as his mate! You know what, since we have the rest of the day to ourselves, do you know what we're going to do?"

"Kali, your brother said not to cause any trouble over here. We're guests on this land and the rules are different, I don't want to have to face the wrath of the Alpha, I've heard some horrible things about him!"

"Calm down, you worry wart, I just meant that we're going to track down this man of yours, so that you can meet him properly", I reassured him. 

I saw the worried look on his face and stood without giving him time to argue, "c'mon!".

I pulled him by the hand, leading us through the room and out the doors that we came through. Not knowing what to do next, I looked towards Dan and saw him taking in the scents before straightening up and walking right past me. I followed silently behind him, watching as he turned numerous corners, stopped, sniffed and continued on his way. Eventually, after reaching the second floor of the building, we arrived at a closed door, located at the end of a hallway. 

Dan started to look nervous once again, so, being the great friend that I am, I reached forward and knocked twice on the hard wooden door. I stepped slightly behind my best friend, giving him a reassuring smile. A faint sound of movement came from behind the door, followed by a slight growl before the door swung open, revealing the same man that stood upon the stage not five minutes ago. 

Beta Elijah looked first at me and then at Dan, his eyes wandering before landing on his face, eyes softening slightly as a response. Dan straightened his figure, staring the Beta in the eye and opening his mouth to finally speak.

"You're my, my m-", he whispered, not finishing his sentence.

"Mate", said the low, rough voice of the Beta.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

403K 14.7K 45
I'm a monster, but in her arms, I'm a man... Aurora doesn't know what the future holds except for the fact that her mother's going to die soon and sh...
735K 16.4K 41
"I may be your second chance, Wade, but I will not be your second choice." Reeling from the death of his mate, Alpha Wade tried everything in his pow...
53.9K 2.9K 90
Seraphina Allen has been struggling through life, trying to make ends meet. But the more she lives, the more she wants to die. Everything seems to pu...
6.7M 234K 40
"Who was your first kiss?" Ares asked very seriously and my face started reddening. "I. . . haven't been kissed. Yet." I looked away as I didn't have...