Apollo's Hunt

By thornjinx23905

Ever heard of the only group of boys that Artemis and her hunters approve of? Well this is it. And Percy is r... More

A Little Background Information
1: A Drastic Change
2: Death
Editing Check Point
A New Huntress part 1
New Huntress part 2
The First Laugh
The Olympian Council
Freedom
Camp
Cast
Old Friends
The Prophesy
Settling Differences
Wrong
Attack
Hunters
Hoods Down
Percy Jackson; the SHEILD Agent
War Shall Take Its Place
Family
To Raise or Destroy, Olympus Will Fight
Epilogue
SEQUEL

Denial

29.8K 631 735
By thornjinx23905

For the next week, all they did was train. It was the best week of Percy's new life by far. That is excluding the week where he hid from Apollo and Hades for a prank he played on them. The training he had the campers going through was intense, he almost felt bad for them.

Almost.

That was until Annabeth, Leif (who was now a human) and Piper tried to sweet talk their way out of training. Percy didn't think they would stoop so low as to be like the Aphrodite cabin. Piper especially.

When he mentioned it to them, he nearly laughed at their expressions. Annabeth had seethed with anger, she hated seeming helpless, something about a blonde stereotype. Percy couldn't remember. Leif had turned red and Percy could almost see the steam coming out of his ears and Piper just attacked. She hated being compared to her half siblings.

Clarisse and Shizzle laughed at piper's weak attempt to hurt Percy. All he did was step to the side, out of the way of her blind stab and grabbed the knife out of her hands.

"No breaks," Percy growled. They didn't try anything after that.

Two days after that incident, which was also three days after Percy revealed himself, two major things happened.

The first was something he was not ready for. The second, he could handle no problem, he was stronger than he had been the last time he had fought them. It was the first that got to him. Thankfully, the attack on camp distracted them both before the awkward and tense situation could get worse.

Percy had started the day like usual, getting the campers and the hunt up early for breakfast, making sure everyone ate, training and finally sleep. During the training, he would set up stations that had snacks and water and other stations that held nectar and ambrosia, both of which he kept flowing with his powers to summon the godly food with a mere thought.

He was interrupted during the training today by the god of the sea, someone Percy did not want to see under any circumstance. He had been trying to ignore the sea god and kept on training the campers. He was doing a good job of it too.

That is until Dove came up to him.

"Ariston, your dad is here," he said in an undertone. He only ever knew him as Ariston and refused to call him anything else.

"I know," Percy said through clenched teeth.

"I know you know," Dove said calmly. "Don't you think you should go talk to him?"

"No," Percy said curtly.

"Percy, just see what he has to say," Dove persisted.

Percy sighed. "You aren't going away until I agree to do it are you?" He asked, already knowing the answer.

"And you actually go do it," Dove agreed with a nod of his head.

He must have seen the loop hole, Percy thought, disappointed.

Percy grumbled something under his breath about nosey friends and Minotaur dung before taking off into the sky.

Meet me at the beach, he mentally told Posidieon. He saw Dove nod in approval before shouting at the campers who had stopped to watch Percy fly.

Percy took his time getting to the beach, not particularity eager to meet with his father. The last time Percy saw his father as Percy, Posidieon had practically disowned him, thus tearing his heart into even more pieces. The pain he had felt that day was worse than when he bathed in the Styx. In fact, Percy looked back on that day with more torturous thoughts and dreams than Tartarus. Hades, compared to the day he died, Tartarus was a cake walk or a stroll down the block.

Reaching the beach and landing in the water, Percy looked around for the sea god.

"Di immortales," Percy cursed. He assumed he would be the last one there considering the other could teleport. He knew the Olympian would be too much of a coward to actually come talk to him. He probably ran off when Percy told him to meet him at the beach.

Just as he was about to take off to go back to training, Posidieon came puffing down the sand dunes.

"Sorry I'm late," he said, still out of breath. "I was so nervous that I forgot I could flash here and by the time I remembered, I was already four fifths of the way here so I decided to just run the rest of the way."

Percy raised an eyebrow. Gone were the days when he would say the first thing that came to mind. He waited impatiently for the sea god to start.

Apparently, he didn't know how to start a conversation with his dead son so he just stood there, shifting awkwardly in the sand. Percy sighed in annoyance and decided to start himself.

Any thing to get this over with, he thought to himself.

"What did you want?" Percy asked. "Let's get this over with, I've got campers to train."

Posidieon took a deep breath and looked Percy in the eye. He opened his mouth and began his probably long winded explanation of what he wanted.

"Percy, I know you probably don't want it but you have my forgiveness," he began, fiddling with his beard. "You may not be willing to accept it but I am prepared to offer my forgiveness and for you to be my son once again..." Posidieon went on like this for a few mintutes, rambling about the same thing; forgiving Percy.

Percy stood there, his mouth hanging open, too shocked to do anything. Finally, he regained his composure enough to ask, "Forgive me for what?"

Posidieon stopped mid sentence. "For betraying Olympus of course and for being the cause of Sally's death."

Percy nodded like he was going along with what he was saying before changing his mind. "You forgive me?" He demanded, seething with anger. "What about the day you disowned me? Better yet, how about you apologize for falsely accusing me of doing those things?"

The sea god's mouth gaped. "But-but you-"

Percy interrupted him again. "You betrayed me," he practically shouted. "My fatal flaw is loyalty for Chaos' sake! What evidence did you have that proved that I betrayed Olympus? Or killed my own mother?" This time Percy knew he was glowing slightly. Enough for any who are looking for it to notice.

Posidieon, however, did not see it and kept going. "Percy, leave Ariston's hunt, come back and be my son again," he pleaded.

This stopped Percy momentarily. He doesn't realize that I am Ariston? He asked himself in disbelief. Even I thought it was obvious.

"What makes you think I would leave my family?" Percy asked. "No one at camp has even tried to be my friends ever since I was twelve! The only person who did was Luke! And you know what happened to him."

Now Percy really was glowing, Posidieon could see that now and his eyes widened. "Percy-"

"I have felt more welcomed among my hunt than I ever did at camp! They are genuine and sincere, unlike the demigods here-"

"Ariston!" A familiar voice called. Percy turned around to see Apollo reaching for his shoulder. "Ariston, you have an audience, control your anger."

Percy looked towards camp and saw the campers looking at him with either fear or shame, he couldn't tell. He glared at them and saw a few flinch. "You have training, what are you doing here?" He growled out.

Immediately, the campers started back to the training arena just as Dove came running up to them. He looked livid. "I leave for two minutes to check on something and you are gone!" He shouted. "You've all earned yourselves fifteen miles around the cabin area! Go, go go!"

Once they were gone, Dove turned to Percy, still seething. "Sorry about that man, I didn't think they needed to be babysat."

Percy nodded. "It's alright, go on, I'll be there in a minute," he told him.

The second Dove was out of shouting distance, Percy spun to look at Posidieon. "Thank you for your generous offer," he spat, "But a god can hardly spend so much time at camp before he wants to destroy all the campers. Even if he is the god of demigods."

Percy's father stared at him, almost too shocked to say anything.

Almost.

"You're a god?" He barely refrained from stuttering. "Of the Hunt?"

"I am Ariston, god of the Hunt, Loyalty and Demigods," Percy said, drawing himself to his full height and allowing his godly aura to bleed through. "I am no son of yours so you shouldn't even ask." ( AN: he has no idea how true that statement is!!- just a little teaser...)

Apollo whistled softly. "Dude, that was harsh," he said, wincing. Any hopes Posidieon had about Apollo changing Percy's mind were dashed when Apollo grinned widely. "I'm proud of you man."

Percy scoffed. "You didn't think I could do it?" He asked, adopting a fake look of hurt.

Before either him or Apollo could say anything, Posidieon splashed a wave of water at them both, effectively cutting off their conversation.

"Perseus Jackson, listen to your father!" He said.

Percy didn't even pause to think of how strange it sounded for the sea god to refer to himself in the third person. His sight turned red and he started glowing again. The tension was so thick, Percy felt as though he could cut it with a knife.

He was interrupted however, by a conch horn sounding in the distance three times.

Guess where I am!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

185K 3.9K 40
Rated #1 in fempercy 6/26/18 Please do not ask for a sequel. Thank you. Apollo comes to camp to train the campers for an archery competition. Percy...
2.5K 115 17
❝ We were both young , when I first saw you ❞ WHEN Jason's gone missing, and in the process of looking for him, his protector floods a school, gets s...
9.7K 298 43
A couple of months after Ara makes the biggest decision of her life, her adoptive brother, Percy, goes missing with no explanation. While looking for...
63.8K 1.6K 47
You are hiding a whole life from your paternal and maternal side. Your mother, Amelia Wayland, was indeed a shadow hunter, and father wait for it...