New Beginnings

By FancyKlaroline

~~•Book 1- New Beginnings~~ •Book 2- Coming soon •Book 3- Coming soon Caroline hasn't seen klaus in more than... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 25

503 18 27
By FancyKlaroline

(Left-Emily Right- Caroline)
(Ps. Look for the 🚨 at the end of the chapter for a surprise)
Caroline's POV.
"Wear something nice." I read off the note I found under my door.

I'm assuming Klaus.

I scan my closet in hope to find something. I feel especially nerves about tonight. Klaus and I have been on a few dates already, but this one feels different. I don't know exactly how.

Klaus has been keeping a secret from me and I have a feeling I'll be finding out about in tonight.

I end up settling on a dark blue dress with a black belt.

"Mommy, can me and Josie have a cookie?" Lizzie asked with Josie standing behind her.

"Yes honey. I'll get them for you." I replied.

I walk into the kitchen and grab a box of cookies. I gave them two each.

"Oh hey! Look we are matching!" Emily exclaimed walking in with a similar dark blue dress.

"Got plans?" I asked laughing slightly.

"Yeah me and Elijah are going out to dinner at six." She replied not hiding her excitement.

"Well I wish I could send you off, but Klaus and I have a date at five." I said.

"Well-well isn't it the night of dates." Emily joked looking down at the kids.

I was planning on giving Emily a break anyways, so Kol is coming over to take care of the kids.

Klaus's POV.
I knocked on Caroline's door. I waited a few seconds before she opened the door.

I was yet again astonished by her Beauty. Her soft curls and pink lips could stop my heart. How could I not stare?

"Well then let's get going." She said trying to hide her blush.

I extended my hand and she took in with a strong grip. We walked around to the passenger's side and I opened the door for her.

"Thank you, Klaus. You are being such a gentleman." Caroline complimented.

"Only with those who deserve it." I replied honestly.

We arrived at the restaurant. It was crowded as we entered.

"Mikealson." I simply said the the waiter.

"Your tables right over here." The waiter said.

Caroline grabbed me hand as we followed the waiter.

The table was towards the back. It was darker, but tiny lights lined around the walls. It was a booth with soft cushions.

"It looks beautiful." Caroline said looking around amazed.

"Thank you, my love. I knew you would love this place." I said as we sat down.

Emily's POV.
I leaned against the couch. It's only 6:35. He's probably running late.

I heard a knock on the door. I basically ran to the door.

"Finally your-" I stared then realized it was Kol not Elijah.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I know I'm late." Kol said walking in. " wait. Aren't you suppose to be on a date?" Kol asked.

"Elijah must be running late." I said.

Josie and Lizzie suddenly came running in.

"Kol!" They yelled hugging him.

"Oh wasn't I missed." Kol grinned.

"Yes you were definitely missed." I grinned back.

"Can we watch a movie?" Lizzie asked.

"Of course, lizzzie-bizzie." Kol answered Lizzie.

"How about we watch the Lion King?" I asked.

---------------------------------------------------

I smile as I stare at Lizzie and Josie. They had fallen asleep before the movie ended.

"It's almost eight o'clock. Shouldn't Elijah be here already." Kol brought up.

"Your right. I just texted him. Let me check." I replied.

I looked at the blank screen of my phone.

"It looks like I was suppose to meet him at the restaurant. That doesn't really matter though. He was running late and only got there fifteen minutes ago." I said faking a laugh.

Kol just looked me, not saying anything.

"I better get going." I said getting up.

I walked to the door and was about to leave when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Emily. Are you ok?" He asked, concerned.

"I'm fine." I smiled closing the door behind me.

The truth was I texted Elijah a long time ago. He never did answer me.

I arrived at a nosy bar a few minutes later.

"Give me something strong." I mutter to the bartender.

"Got it pretty lady." The bartender said pouring me a glass.

"Micheal is it? That's a nice name." I said as he poured me another drink.

"What's your problems?"

"Well my boyfriend. We were suppose to go on a date, but he totally stood me up."

"Have you tried talking to him?"

"Yes, but I was sorta drunk."

"Maybe you should try again. Maybe with less drinks in your system."

"Maybe."

"Do you care about him?"

"Yeah..."

"Maybe it's worth it."

The wise words of the bartender sink into me. Such a simple solution to a complicated problem.

"When did bartenders become so wise? Usually they just pour you drinks and hit on you." I asked getting up from my chair.

"I'm guessing you haven't been to much New Orleans bars. There are much more than me." Michael smiled.

I walked out of that ridiculous loud bar determined. Alcohol nor anger was fulling me, just the hope I could fix my relationship.

Kol's POV.
I pick up Lizzie and Josie easily off the couch. I carry them to their room and place them in their bed.

They were more than adorable as they slept soundly. Something I haven't been able to do in a while.

I open a blood bag and drink it straight from the bag. Emily would hate when I did that in front of her.

I'm worried about her. She was lying. She would never forget something so important. I don't know what she's doing.

But I can't blame her for whatever she's doing.

What am I doing? I'm letting pain slowly eat me away. She's constantly on my mind. I have moments where I'm here. I can have a conversation with someone then there's moments where my mind is on her.

Everything seems to remind me of her. The summer rain, maple syrup, the smell of fresh flowers-everything reminds me of her.

I grab a glass and a bottle of bourbon my brother must have left.

Maybe this isn't a good idea. I think as I remember the two small children in a few rooms down.

As I sit back on the couch, I hear the annoying sound that means I'm getting a call.

-Phone conversation-
Kol: Hello.

Rebekah: Hello Kol. How are the children.

Kol: They're asleep.

Rebekah: Are you sure they're not dead?

Kol: Sister. How would you even think of such a thing?

Rebekah: I'm just joking Kol. Calm yourself.... Do you need me to take over at Caroline's?

Kol: I'm fine. I have things under control.

Rebekah: How are you?

Kol: Like I said, I'm fine. I have things under control.

Rebekah: It doesn't seem so.

Kol: Well it is dear sister. Now I must go before I wake up the children.
-End of Phone Conversation-

Caroline's POV.
I laughed again at one of Klaus's jokes.

"Tell me more." I begged with a playful smile.

"That's enough stories for tonight." Klaus chuckled.

"One more!" I tried.

"We have an eternity ." He says with a little smile.

An eternity.

The simple phase makes my stomach churn. He really wants me. He wants to spend an eternity with me. And so do I.

"What are you thinking?" Klaus asked.

"About you of course." I tease taking a sip of my drink.

Klaus chuckled. He was about to respond when the waiter came with our food.

"Mmm looks good." I grinned staring at the food.

"Yes, it does indeed look good." Klaus said staring at me.

I tried to hide my blush by starting to eat, but when I saw Klaus's cheeky grin I knew I had failed.

The meal finished with laughter and delight. The light conversation continued.

"So we were at the supermarket. I was so concentrated on finding the right spices for the cake Josie wanted. Suddenly I notice Lizzie isn't there. I have a little freak attack before I realize...she's right behind me." I say laughing to myself.

"Well children have a way to doing that to us. Even if we think they cannot." Klaus points out.

"True that." I replied a smile flashing.

The waiter comes and takes our plates.

"Would you like any dessert?" The waiter asked.

"Mmm....I don't know." I said looking at the dessert menu.

"How about you bring us the chefs choice. Also a bottle of champagne." Klaus told the waiter.

Emily's POV.
The mikealson mansion-my mind registers this place with so much pain and sadness, but also with hope and true joy. How can a place represent so much happiness, but so much saddens.

I put my hand on the knob, turning it open with a deep breathe.

The click of my heels are loud in the quiet house of the Mikealsons.

"Elijah." I say my voice chocking on the words.

It's like he knew I was there and was instantly in the room. Our breaths were the only sound between us for the first seconds.

"Why?" I ask my voice only a whisper, but I knew he could hear me." You said you would come and I actually believed you. Even though I had no reason. I honestly believe that you would show up-wearing a clean suite and carrying flowers. I thought If you cared about me as much as I cared about you-then you would have showed. I waited two hours with hope. I don't know why Elijah. I've been searching my mind for the past hours. I would do anything for you....but I don't think you would do the same." I added my voice shaking.

"Emily." Elijah started grabbing my hands in his. "I'm terrible sorry. It was a matter of life or death and I could-"

"That sounds like a bunch of excuses. It doesn't sound like you are generally sorry. You can say I'm sorry-it's my fault. Elijah I can't take this anymore. I don't want to sound needy, but this isn't a relationship. I wish it was. I tried so hard, but you don't. You don't care." I interrupted my voice becoming stronger.

"You don't understand how much it pains me to hurt you. I will do everything in my power to earn your forgiveness."

"I don't know Elijah. I needed you to come today. I needed this night. This made me realize maybe this isn't the right time."

"If that's what you want."

Tears string down my face. I could almost swear Elijah had a tear, but I didn't have enough time to look again.

Caroline came rushing in smiling.

Klaus's POV.
"Thank you." Caroline said as I poured her a glass of champagne.

As she took a sip of her drink, I kneeled down on one knee.

She look up a huge smile of surprise crossing her face.

"Caroline Forbes, you are the person who always seemed to see the real me and the only person that cared enough. After all the pain and suffering I caused you-you still saw the good in me. You brought out the good in me, even if I didn't want you to. Even after all our years apart, you were only on my mind. The day you came to New Orleans seeking me was one of the best days of my life. Since then i have fallen in love Witt you more than I could possible images. You are one of the most important people in my life. You're smart, beautiful, and full of light. You deserve the world and I want to give it to you. I will spend the rest of my eternal life trying to be good enough for you. Will you marry me?" I proposed pulling a wedding ring out of my pocket.

"Ye! Yes! Klaus Mikealson I will gladly marry you." Caroline excitedly yelled.

I put the ring on her finger. She's mine now, forever.

Caroline's POV.
I pull Klaus closer to me. The hug felt so-so amazing. I couldn't be any happy right now.

Our faces were inches apart when I whispered,

"I love you."

"I love you too." Klaus said before closing the gap between us.

--------------------------------------------------
We decided to go to his house and call everyone there.

When we walked in I saw Emily. I instantly wan to her. She hugged me.

"What happen?" She asked.

"This happened!" I yelled showing her my ring.

"Caroline! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you." She yelled pulling me into another hug.

She pulled back. We both smiled to each other.

I looked over at Elijah, who was standing next to Emily awkwardly.

"You guys figure everything out?" I asked.

"Yeah. Everything's good." Emily smiled pulling her arm around his shoulders.

I looked back to Klaus. What did I do to deserve all this?

Finally 100 reads! If you don't know, I'll be updating both New Beginning and Surprised Meetings when I reach 100 views. I feel like I'll be able to update on more of a schedule, because it'll give me more time.

🚨Important🚨
So I haven't been getting a lot of reads of A Face From the past and that's super upsetting cause it's like my favorite story!

So I've decided to do a little deal for you.

Read/vote 1-5 chapters: 1 paragraph sneak peak to next chapter of whatever story of mine you want.
Read/vote 6-10 chapters: read the next chapter of whatever you want before everyone else.

Love, Ari 💓

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 3.1K 50
What will happen when Caroline realizes something is different about her? She slept with Klaus a few weeks ago. Now she's stronger than ever. But whe...
10.4K 277 17
I do not own any of these characters. Those rights go to Julie Plec. This doesn't take place in any of the TVD seasons. Caroline is a human...
143K 4.2K 18
[ edited! and finished! ] In this thrilling first book of the series, Caroline Forbes thinks that everything can go back to normal. With her boyfrien...
77.2K 2.3K 26
When Caroline kidnapped Katherine and brought her down to New Orleans, it had been solely with the intention of getting her and Elijah back together...