Pure Heart (watty awards 2012...

By Lhafez98

........"There! Now let me lo-" he stopped. And when I turned to look at him he stared at me with eyes as wi... More

Pure Heart- chapter 1
Chapter 2-
Chapter 4
Chapter 5-
chapter 6-
Chapter 7
Chapter 7.5
chapter 8
Chapter 9
chapter 10
Epilogue...
Acknowledgments

Chapter 3-

2K 82 61
By Lhafez98

*edited by: D.G* Thanks once again... :)! U Make my work easier... Always!

Chapter 3-

It's been a week since the incident with Marcie and I don't know how well I've been handling it.  I haven't been really crying or anything, but I wasn't not feeling anything either. This is the reason why I'm scared. If I lost a best friend, shouldn't I be feeling upset?  I guess too much pain is too hard to handle, so it just disappears?

  I missed a couple of days in school and just stayed at home all day thinking about the whole fight thing. I don't know whether it's my fault or hers. After all, she did know I was going out with Jake--so I guess it was her fault. But I still don't know if I'm ready to lose Marcie. Maybe I should just forgive her, so we can be friends again--NO WAY.

Later that afternoon my mom knocked on my bedroom door and she peeked in.

  "Honey, are you feeling okay? You look depressed. Do you want me to make some cupcakes or some of your favorite soup? It would help." She suggested. I didn't reply; I wasn't in the mood for anything. Not even my favorite soup.  She tilted her head as if not knowing what I was signaling to her.

"I don't want anything mom, but thanks anyway." She started to turn back in her tracks, but she suddenly stopped and turned back to look at me.

"Well, I think you should go take a walk in the park or something. And honey, if there's anything, I'm here for you. You can talk to me anytime." Finally, she turned around and headed back from wherever she came.  She was just being a mother, i knew that.

I decided on taking my mother's advice. However, instead of going to the park, I went to watch a movie Marcie and I were supposed to watch together. As I headed down the balcony stairs, I noticed the strange man once again. I knew he was watching me, and for once I didn't care. It was a risky decision, but...

I'll just end up telling my mom about him, we'll get him to the police, and this man will be gone and done with. Just like he did with me one night, I didn't even look at him and quietly walked away.

***********************************************************

I watched the screen turn a variety of colors as the scene changed. The characters were in an open field, getting ready to sprint toward the cornucopia with weapons in it. Several minutes later, the two partners get separated and the twist of events starts to happen. Her partner seems as if he's going against her, but really he's not. I've read the book The Hunger Games, which they turned into a movie, because it was such an epic book. In the end, I was satisfied with the film. It did indeed help me feel a little better and forget about this mess in my life.

As I stood in the line to get a Coke, I noticed the strange boy from the train walk up to me. He was wearing plaid shorts and a plain T-shirt. He was awfully gorgeous. I didn't know if I should talk to him or not, but after those visions, where he kills the girl; I just don't know if I can even look at him. 

Well, I could look at him, because he was so handsome and attractive.  He pulled my eyes like a magnet but somehow I managed to just stareat the head of the person in front of me and pretend  that the gorgeous boy wasn't there standing right next to me.  I begged god that he would talk to me. Or actually no, I didn't want him to talk to me--he was a murdered--but no, I wanted him to speak to me for some reason.  Please!  

There was a abrupt tap on my shoulder and I turned my head around in his direction. Yes!!!!!

"I didn't know you liked watching people die." He commented. He smiled at me while putting his hands in his pockets."I thought it was a great movie, what'd you think?"

"I liked it, but the book was much better; or,at least that's what I think." I answered shakily. I don't know why I'm so nervous. I've seen plenty of cute guys but I don't think I've ever talken to one this cute before. He inched closer to me. 

"So you're a book person, eh?" He whispered in my ear.  My body temprature was higher now for sure.  I could feel my body tremble with excitment as the tip his lips barely brushed my ears. He was flirting with me--or that's what I consider as flirting, because whenever I read a book, if the guy makes a move then he definatly was flirting; But I was in the real world.

 He turned his head to look at me. "So?" He questioned, waiting for my reply.

I turned my head away quickly trying to get my face to turn to it's normal color. "Yeah, I guess. I mean, I like to read." I turned back to look at him. "I don't know why some people don't like to read, I mean reading is like jumping into a different world! Any where you want to go, you can just read a book!" I said proudly but then I remebered that this was a boy I was talking to.  I knew boys didn't like reading, or at least most of them don't. "But, I mean, they call me a nerd for it sometimes." I looked up at him with determined eyes. I hope that he didn't think that way of me.

"Don't worry; I won't call you nerd or anything. If you don't want me to..." He smiled, lifting an eyebrow.  Is he teasing me? I'm not really sure if he is but  I know I'm blushing right now. This is uncomfortable; I want to leave now! Just walk away and kick this horrible, stomach lurching feeling out of me.  No, I want to stay, to be with this cute guy. Actually?

I looked at my clock.  It was really late and I don't think mom will be calm about it.  In fact, she's probably rushing back and forth right now, worried about me. There, that decided my decision.

"Uh... nice meeting you, but I...I have to go back home." I said as I started to walk away. I decided it was better to stop talking to him, it was late after all, and anyway I didn't like feeling like this. He grabbed my arm, rushing and fiercely. I stared at him, shocked. With wide eyes and a hanging mouth I pulled my arm away protectively. What was that all about?

"What? I said I have to go home." I emphasized. He jumped back a little then loosened up.

"Never mind." He then turned and left me there. Never mind? That does not make sense!

 "Hey! Come back here you!" I yelled in the middle of the theater.  Yup.  Everyone stared at me and I slowly backed up toward the exit and slipped out without another word. 

I walked at night back home.  It was silent outside and the only thing you could hear were the stomps of my feet down the block...

On my way back home, I didn't see Mr. Strange, my new name for him. I looked around just to make sure, and he wasnt there.

Since he's not here, I should celebrate. Shouldn't I? I know it's stupid, but I couldn't control the urge to do so. So I went to where he always stood and started jumping up and down. My laughter echoed in the silent night, and I started waving my hands in the air. I made funny faces and shook my hips from left to right.

"He's gone!" I chanted. "No more worrying!" I was making up a weird rythm to my weird words.  "He's gone, no more worrying!" But as I was getting more happy Suddenly I heard ruffling. I turned my head toward the sound which came from behind the garbage can.

My heartbeat starts rising rapidly, more from fear rather from the crazy moment I had just a few minutes ago. I tried camling myself down by convincing myself that whatever was behind that can was just a stray animal. That it is no harm to me; but in my head, I get those what ifs. What if it's not a stray? What if it's dangerous? What if it's him, Mr. Strange? Now I can feel my body shake. My legs feel like jell-o and I feel like I'm going to faint.

All I have to do is walk up those steps, unlock the door, and slip inside, I thought. If I manage to do that, nothing will hurt me in my home. I tried listening to that theory and carefully stepped on the first few steps, looking to my left and to my right. Then I quickly rushed up the last steps and fumbled to get the key into the door. It was dark and I couldn't see. Again, I heard the ruffling, but I kept on trying.  My hand was shaking uncontrollably.  I couldn't get the key in!

Unexpectedly, a hand clasped over my mouth and pulls me back. I don't think I have any reaction in that exact second, but then I realized that I was in trouble. I had to get out of it! I had to get myself free of this, this, this hand!?

I screamed, but only a faint sound came out, since the hands were clasped over my mouth. I managed to grab onto the door knob. I held on for dear life but I just kept getting pulled backwards. My arms were shaking already! He was strong!

 I continued to struggle to get the key in the door but the key fell and I almost gave up, but I held onto the knob with one hand again-- as if I let go I would never see the light-- and banged on the door with the other. I managed to push away the hand from my mouth.  But I could feel his hands hovering all over my face and trying to find my mouth again.  I kept wiggling so the guy would have at least some trouble holding me still.

  "Ma, open up! Ma!" I banged harder until my hand throbbed with pain. The hands that grasped my arm had spun me around. I gasped for air and froze. It's him. My breath catches and everytime it did, I felt a knot in my throat, which made it difficult to breathe. Mr. Strange. No, impossible! Impossible! He was gone!  I didn't focus on anything except for his lips--Blood red.

 I quickly spin around toward the door, avoiding the color of his lips--avoiding the images of the visions that keep popping up. He suddenly lunged at me. He hadn't missed me exactly though. He grabbed me from my ankles and I tried to shove him off as hard as possible. But this man wouldn't let go! He had his death grip on me! I leaned down and elbowed him in the face-- I heard a grunt. 

I started kicking the door instead of banging, since he had gotten a hold of my hand once he had stood up. He spun me toward him, but I resisted and looked at the door and screamed for my mommy.  My loving mommy, who at this rate I will possibly never see again. 

  "Open up!" I yelled, my voice strained. I banged my last time on the door.  My hand ached and it fell to my sides, not willing to work one more tiny bit.  My killer spun me around.

  "I saw your little act. You really thought I was gone?" He said cheerfully. He traced his index finger on my chin. I looked at his lips.  Blood, Blood, Blood. My eyes couldn't leave his lips, they couldn't.  I knew I should've tried to get an image of what he looked like, but I couldn't. 

 "You're real cute, you know that? It's a pity that you have to die." He said with sadness to his tone. Die? I have to die? That's it, he's a killer for sure.  He pulled my hair, hard.

  "Open up! Open, mom! Please!" I said hurriedly--still staring at his lips--and grabbing at the door knob once more. "Please!" I couldn't hold on much longer. My arms were sore and numb while my scalp ached from him pulling at my hair. I couldn't breathe. I can't anymore, I kept thinking. Slowly, my grip on the door knob loosened and I was going to let go.  A little longer, but my fingers were slowly being pricked off one by one. No--

  "Pathetic, just stop trying already!"--No!--No!--NO!!!---

Suddenly, the door swung open and I fell inside on the door mat. I kicked the door shut with such force it could've broke in half. I made sure to lock all bolts. My mom looked at me questionly.  My face probably looked horrible but who cared right now, because I sure didn't.

 "Ma! There's a man outside who tried to kill me!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

517K 13.2K 48
An original and empowering shapeshifter/werewolf mystery. Lily's abusive life with her childhood pack is about to change forever when she's assigned...
33.6K 2K 45
Twenty-year-old Claire must deceive a vampire prince to infiltrate the monarchy and discover their secrets while resisting her desire for him. --- No...
16.3M 546K 35
Down-on-her-luck Aubrey gets the job offer of a lifetime, with one catch: her ex-husband is her new boss. *** Aubrey...
5.9K 207 20
School Bus Graveyard Tyler Hernandez x reader Being forced to join a random group of kids for school project you now have to find your way out of a...