MAOS ; The Sister With Secrets

By ClaireTmt

She quit her job to be with her sister, only to end up with another gun and another badge on her belt. Book 1... More

0-8-4
The Asset
Eye-Spy
Girl In The Flower Dress
F.Z.Z.T.
The Hub
The Well
Repairs
The Bridge
The Magical Place
Seeds
T.R.A.C.K.S.
T.A.H.I.T.I.

Pilot

11.2K 141 116
By ClaireTmt

(Ruthie's Skillet, New York, Manhattan)

Lyra's POV.

[Lyra's Outfit]

As I stand outside of a corner Cafè, Ruthie's Skillet, that my sister dragged me along to, there is a sudden explosion in an I.T. Building in front of us, and I see Skye take out her cellphone and films a hooded man whom jumps into action and begins to scale the Building, plunging his hands into the bricked wall to enable him to do so. The hooded man then smashes his way into a window before shortly exiting and jumping out with a woman in his arms, and he lands on the ground safely before putting the woman down and he runs away into the crowds of people.

[Skye Johnson/ Daisy Johnson/ Quake]

"I'm betting you knew this 'hooded guy' was going to be here?" I ask my sister, and she grins as she stops recording.

"Yes, but at least now we know what he can do." Skye tells me, and I smile with a sigh as I shake my head at her "He's going into Ruthie's Skillet." She states, and I look up to see an African-American man with brown eyes and an open hoodie talking to a young African-American boy with similar features, then the man leaves to go into the Café.

[Michael Peterson/ Deathlock]

[Ace Peterson]

"I'll keep watch, be careful." I tell her before walking into the Café, and I taking a seat in a booth in front of the man Skye want's to know more about.

"So, the identity of the hooded hero Still remains unknown... Researchers at UCLA medical centre Released a study today which shows that supplemental..." The TV with the live broadcast says in the Café as I signal the waitress and wait for Skye to arrive introduce herself.

"Just act natural." I hear Skye say as she sits down behind me and in front of the man, and the waitress walks over, and I see her name tag is Julie.

"Black coffee, please, Julie?" I ask her, and she nods before walking away.

"What?" I hear the man ask Skye confused. She has a lot to learn...

"Just pretend that we're talking." Skye tells him.

"We are." The man says confused again.

"Good. 'Cause you never know who's listening." Skye tells him.

"I don't even know who's talking." The man admits as the waitress walks over with my coffee.

"Thanks." I say to her before she walks away.

"I'm Skye. And you're the hooded hero. Please tell me that you're not staying with that name." Skye rambles on.

"Wait. What? I'm not, I'm a factory worker." The man tells her, but I can hear the hesitation in his voice. He's lying, partially.

"Sure, by day. I saw you. You're a hero. Like, a for-real superhero, which is I'm not, like, a groupie, stalker type, but... Oh, my god! That is so cool! Okay, okay, chill. Just don't-don't draw attention. You're in danger." Skye coninues to ramble, but kind of finally gets to the main objective.

"You got the wrong guy, lady." The man tells her as I take out a five dollar bill from my left trouser pocket with my left hand before placing it on the table for the coffee.

"No, you've got the wrong approach. The cute girl from the hospital is dying to thank you and possibly "Thank" you And you're hiding. The clip of you rescuing her has had the most hits Since that puppy with vertigo, And you can't even find a job." Skye explains. How does she know he can't get a job?

"What do you mean about danger?" The man asks her confused.

"S.H.E.I.L.D." Skye states. What does she know about S.H.I.E.L.D?

"What? I should carry a shield?" The man asks confused.

"Government. Scary men in dark suits who come after guys like you. They knew about the battle of New York Before it even happened And then cleaned it up Before anyone could ask any real questions overnight. How long do you think it'll take for them to clean you up?" Skye asks him as her words sound like they're jumbling together.

"And you want to know why I'm hiding?" The man asks her sarcastically.

"What if you didn't hide? What if you got in front of this and let people know that you're a hero?" Skye asks him.

"I'm just a guy." The man states.

"Well, a guy like that gets work, gets perks. We can help. I'm great with computers like, weirdly great. And my partner is an ex-cop. I mean, we could help you create a whole new identity, or a mask." Skye tells him excitedly, but still rambling.

"O-kay." The man says with a big pause.

"Uh, ok well, you could just also, we could just stick with the hood. Listen, you cannot walk away from this.With great power comes a ton of weird crap that you are not prepared to deal with. Now, my office is-" Skye tries to say, but he cuts her off.

"You have an office?" The man asks her confused. It's a van.

"Yes, I have an office. It's a mobile Office. It's a Van. I live in a van by choice. But it's always in the alley around the corner free Wi-Fi and you can come by anytime." Skye tells him, and I hear them begin to stand up.

"Thank you." The man says to her.

"They're coming for you." Skye tells him, and I stand up to see the man walking away front her towards the door, so I accidentally rush bump into him.

"Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry." I apologise to him sincerely.

"No no, I-It was my fault. My apologies." The man apologises before walking out of the Café, and I make my way back over to Skye and sit opposite her in a booth where the man was sitting.

"You could of took it down a notch." I say to her a light chuckle, but she just waves her right hand ignoring me.

"Yeah, yeah, did you get it?" Skye asks me, and I sigh before pulling a wallet out from my right back trouser pocket with my right hand which I just took from the man, and I open it to see drivers license "Michael Peterson." I state.

"Great." Skye smiles before she takes it from me with both of her hand and she reeds it.

"Well, I'm going to go grab some food. Omletes for lunch?" I ask her, and she immediate looks up from the drivers license.

"Its on me." Skye closes the wallet.

"No." I tell her.

"Oh, come on." Skye whines.

"Hand it into the waitress when your done." I tell her before I kiss her on the head, and I stand up before I walk out the Café.

After grabbing some food and other things in two large paper bags, I begin to make my way back to the van to see Skye. I preferably like to stay in my apartment, but since Skye only gets two bars on her laptop up there she prefers to stay in her van. Once I get to the ally where the van is parked, I see two men, one man in his late fourties/ early fifties with brown hair and brown eyes and the other man mid/late twenties with Black hair and brown eyes, dragging Skye out of the side of the van with guns. So I drop the bags in my hands, Pull out my gun from my holster, and aim at them with both hands.

[Phillip J. Coulson]

[Grant Douglas Ward]

"Stop! Let. Her. Go!" I tell them, and they all turn to face me, and the men now aim their guns at me and release Skye.

"Put your weapon down. We aren't going to hurt either of you." The older man tells me, but I don't comply.

"Who are you?" I ask them both confused.

"F.B.I." The younger man says to me.

"God, Skye. What did you do?" I ask her through gritted teeth.

"Nothing too Illegal." Skye admits, but I give her a knowing look "It was very Illegal." She states, and I hesitate.

"... If we come with you, you don't lay a finger on her the whole time." I tell them wary, and they both look at each other.

"That's good with me." The older man smiles, and I sigh lightly before lowering my gun, and the two men do the same shortly after "This way." He tells us as he refers to a near black truck.

I then place my gun back in its holster before I walk towards the car, I and I grab Skye's left upper arm as I wall past her and the men.

"Car, now." I tell her angrily, and she quickly enters the back of the truck due to me tone of voice, and I follow her in after.

(Skip to the B.U.S.)

After the two men brought us to a large plane, the next thing I know we're being separated and I'm sitting in a room with hexonagol prints on all walls, including the ceiling and floor, and I sit at a small table on a chair, and the younger man, whom's name I learned is Ward, is sitting opposite me on a chair, and the older man, whoms name I learned is Coulson, is standing a few feet behind Ward.

"Where's my sister?" I demand as if they hadn't taken my gun from me when we were arriving, I would have them both at gunpoint.

"She's in another room, we wanted to talk to you both separately." Coulson tells me.

"You don't look that big." Ward comments, and I look at him confused.

"Well be warned: I fight like a girl." I warn him.

"Agent Ward here has had a little history with your group The Rising Tide." Coulson tells me, and I look at them confused.

"I don't know what you're-" I try to say, but Ward cuts me off.

"Okay, there are two ways we can do this-" Ward tries to tell me, but I cut him off.

"-Look, I know how this works. I did it for almost seven years, you ask me questions, I answer them, bla bla bla... My sister did something stupid and slipped up." I say to them, and they both look at each other skeptically "Tell me when I'm getting close." I say to them.

"We just need to ask some questions." Coulson says to me, and I sigh as I cross my legs on top of the table.

"Name: Buy me a drink first. Age: Never ask a lady her age. Employment: I was a cop, ergo those seven years. Now my sister, what did she do? How did she get caught? I'll cut her allowance." I say to them, and Coulson smiles a little as Ward looks annoyed "Wait, did you think because I came here willingly that I was going to make this easy for you? Is he Rookie?" I ask Ward then Coulson.

"A Rookie." Coulson smiles.

"Not a Rookie." Wards states annoyed.

"Say that to your boss, Rookie." I say to him with a smile.

"Look, this is S.H.I.E.L.D. You answer our-" Ward tries to say, but I cut him off.

"-S.H.I.E.L.D.?" I ask them confused, they said F.B.I.

"Strategic, Homeland-" Ward tries to say, but I cut him off.

"-Devision, and protecting the people from what they need to hear, I know what it is. Just didn't imagine... This." I let a light chuckle.

"How do you know about S.H.I.E.L.D.?" Coulson asks me confused.

"What my answer is supposed to be: I don't. And what you should know is that people have rights. I have rights. My sister, speak." I tell them.

"We don't-" Ward tries to say, but Coulson cuts him off.

"-Your sister made a little mistake. The phone she filmed the hooded hero with had the same cryptographic signature that match a few of The Rising Tide posts." Coulson explains to me, and I look at them skeptically.

"Rising Tide... I've heard of it, but I can't place my finger on it." I say to them frustrated.

"Your sister didn't tell you?" Ward asks me confused, and I shake my head lightly, no "Your sister has been apart of a hacker program, Rising Tide, that is determent to take down S.H.E.I.L.D. and everything along with it." He explains to me.

"And that's a bad thing?" I ask them with a raised left eyebrow.

"Yes, it is." Ward says incredulously.

"Like I said, people have rights." I repeat myself before I stand up "I want to see my sister, now." I tell them as I step around the table, but Ward stands and steps in front of me.

"We still have questions." Ward tells me, and I step closer to him so our faces are only inches apart.

"I said, want to see my sister... Now." I feel the anger erupt in my voice, but he still doesn't budge "Fine, I guess we're going have to do it the hard way, Rookie." I say to him before I quickly swipe his gun from his holster with my right hand, then high kick my right foot in his upper chest, making him fall on his ass "I hate repeating myself." I state as I aim the gun at Ward with both hands "And I see you going for that gun, Coulson. Don't." I warn him.

"We will take you to your sister, just give Ward the gun back." Coulson tells me, and I look back and forth between them before finishing at Ward.

"Fine." I state, and I twist the gun so the handle is facing him, and he takes his gun back with his right hand before standing up, but he looks at me hesitant. Ward then opens the clip to see that its empty.

"She swiped the bullets?" Ward tells Coulson annoyed as he closes the clip, but shows a small smile, and I shrug my shoulders lightly with a small smile.

"I don't trust you." I state.

Coulson then opens the door beside him, and steps aside for me to walk out into the hallway. I then hesitantly drop the bullets onto the floor before staying where I am.

"You first." I tell them, and Coulson nods respectively before leaving, and Ward hesitantly follows as he slides his gun back into his holster, and I slowly follow them both.

Coulson then opens a door that was next door to the room we were just in, and it's identical to the one we're in before, and Skye is sitting behind a table on a chair, and she looks up at me with a small smile as Coulson, Ward and myself walk inside.

"Rising Tide hacking program. Talk." I walk over to her right side and demand as Ward closed the room door, and Skye's facial expression turns nervous.

"If you knew what I was doing you would of arrested me, believe me we've done some pretty illegal-" Skye cuts herself off as she sees my incredulous expression "-Sorry." She apologises, I sigh lightly annoyed.

"Answer their questions, now." I tell her, and hesitantly looks to Coulson and Ward.

"We have a feeling it wasn't a coincidence that you were at the explosion today, how did you know?" Ward questions Skye.

"How did you know the hooded man was in the building? Did you blow it up to draw him out? Did you?" Skye turns the investigation onto them.

"That's not our style." Ward states.

"We were just took by your "style." Covered up New Mexico, Project Pegasus. Of course you'd be covering up Centipede." Skye says to them, but then both stay hesitant on the name Centipede "Holy no way. You don't know what that is. Billions of dollars of equipment at your disposal, And I beat you with a laptop that I won in a bet?" She asks them with a light laugh.

"You need to think about your friend. We're not the only ones interested In people with powers. We'd like to contain him-" Coulson tries to say, but I cut him off

"-Yeah. The next guy will want to exploit him, And the guy after that will want to dissect him." I cut him off.

"What is Centipede?" Ward demands.

"Heigh-ho, off to work you go..." Skye trials off.

"Centipede." Ward demands.

"... It was chatter on the web... And then gone. I traced the access-point mac address to that building." Skye explains to them.

"What were you after?" Ward asks her.

"The truth." Skye states.

"What are you after?" Ward asks her.

"World peace." Skye states.

"You pseudo-anarchist hacker types love to stir things up." Ward comments annoyed.

"But you're never around for the fallout." Skye says as she leans back in her chair.

"People keep secrets for a reason." Coulson tells her.

"Well, just because you're reasonable and firm doesn't mean that you're not an evil, faceless Government tool bag." I say to them.

"Just give us your guy's name." Ward says to Skye.

"He's not my guy!" Skye states.

"You understand he's in danger." Coulson says her.

"Then let me go. Let me talk to him. Me, not the T-1000 here." Skye says referring to Ward, and let out a light chuckle at her comment, but I earn a glare from Ward.

"You want to be alone with him?" I ask Skye warily, and she nods her head with certainty.

"Of course." Skye tells me.

"She's a groupie." Ward states about Skye.

"And your about to be a black and blue punching bag." I say to Ward as I take a threatening step forward.

"All this hacking into SHIELD, tracking powers... She might as well be one of those sweaty cosplay girls Crowding around Stark tower." Ward tells Coulson.

"What?! I would-It was one time." Skie tries to defend herself before I right hook Ward in the face, giving him a busted lip.

"Watch your mouth, Rookie." I warn him, and he angrily wipes the blood from his mouth with his right thumb.

"This is QNB-T16 It's the top-shelf Martini of Sodium Pentothal derivatives." Coulson says as he pulls out a syringe, and I look at him incredulously.

"A truth serum, seriously?" I ask him incredulously.

"It's a brand-new and extremely potent truth drug. Don't worry. The effects only last about an hour. And you'll have a nice little nap." Coulson explains to us.

"And we'll have all the answers to our-Hey! What the hell?!" Ward shouts at Coulson as he injects the serum into him.

"I'm sorry." Coulson lazily apologises "Did that hurt?" He asks Ward with no sincereity in his voice.

"No. But you've lost your mind. You should never do that to a member of your team. And, yes, it did hurt a little bit. But I always try and mask my pain in front of beautiful women 'cause I think it makes me seem more masculine." Ward says, and Skye and myself begin to chuckle.

"My god, this stuff works fast." I calm my laughter down.

"Don't trust us? Ask him whatever you'd like." Coulson tells Skye and myself.

"Great." I smile at Ward, but something seems off about him.

"Wait a minute. Wait." Ward calls after Coulson, but Coulson swiftly leaves the room before closing the door behind himself "You can't just This is definitely not protocol-" He cuts himself off as the room must be sound proof or something.

"You seem nervous, agent Ward." I smile at Ward "How about we make ourselves comfortable." I suggest. Just like old times.

"I'm calling to mind my training. There's no way I'm gonna reveal classified secrets to an ex-cop and a hacker whom's hell-bent on taking us down." Ward says to us as he continues to stand.

"You underestimate my sister, Ward." Skye stands up from her chair.

"Have you ever killed anyone, Ward?" I ask Ward as I sit in Skye's chair.

"Yes, a few. High-risk targets. But they were terrible people Who were trying to murder nice people. And I didn't feel good afterwards." Ward admits to me, but seems to regret it soon after.

"And does your grandmother know about these things?" I ask him.

"Gramzy?" Ward asks in a soft voice.

After interrogating Ward, and then soon after he had fallen asleep, Skye and myself are now stood outside of the room and we are talking to Coulson about our interrogation with Ward.

"Did agent Ward give you anything?" Coulson smiles at us.

"He told us he's been to Paris, but he's never really seen it. And that he wishes you had stayed in Tahiti." Skye explains to him.

"It's a magical place." Coulson assures us.

"Ward doesn't like your style. Kind of think I do." I say, and Skye pulls out Peterson's wallet and holds it out to Coulson with her right hand from her right back trouser pocket.

"Thank you." Coulson takes the wallet with his right hand before he motions for us to follow him into another room on the plane, and it looks like a briefing room where there is a man in his mid-twenties with light brown hair and green eyes, and there is a woman in her mid-twenties with dark brown hair and green eyes, and there is an Asian woman in her late forties with Black hair and dark brown eyes.

[Leopold James Fitz]

[Jemma Anne Simmons]

[Melinda Qiaolian May]

"Lyra and Skye, this is Agent Leo Fitz..." Coulson motions towards the man in his mid-twenties with light brown hair and green eyes "... Whom specializes in engineering, especially weapons technology, Agent Jemma Simmons..." He motions to the woman in her mid-twenties with dark brown hair and green eyes "... Whom is a biochemist who specializes in life sciences, and finally Melinda..." Asian woman in her late forties with Black hair and dark brown eyes "... Whom is an ace pilot and weapons expert. This is my team, along with the unconscious Grant Ward." Coulson introduces us.

"Wonderful to meet you." Simmons says with a British/ English accent as she shakes mine and Skye's right hands in her right hand individually.

"Nice to meet you." Fitz says with a British/ Scottish accent as he shakes mine and Skye's right hands in his right hand individuality. Skye and myself then look to May, but she just gives us a curt nod before looking to Coulson.

"Fitz-Simmons, what do we have?" Coulson asks them.

"Employees could not identify the attacker, But security footage confirms..." Fits trails off as he looks down on the computer table.

"... That this man assaulted the factory foreman Before damaging thousands of dollars' worth Of company property." Simmons finishes as she motions to the wide screen on the wall conputer.

"This is wrong." I state.

"This is not the guy I met." Skye tells them.

"He was with us here on KZQM25." May says to us.

"What else have you got?" Coulson asks them, and Michael Petersons files pop up on the screen.

"Michael Peterson Factory worker, married, one kid." Fitz tells us.

"Gets injured, gets laid off. Wife jumps ship." Simmons adds.

"Good guy, bad breaks." I mumble under my breath.

"Best guess is, somebody tells him they can make him strong again, make him super." Simmons suggests.

"Who has the tech to do that? And why would they want to? Fitz, what do we have from the security footage Before the blast?" Coulson asks Fitz, and Fitz taps the electronic table before footage of two men fighting appear on the wall computer, but the footage is corrupt "What are we seeing?" He asks Fitz and Simmons confused.

"Well, the man is angry at the other man. The data is very corrupt." Fitz explains as he tries to get the sound on the video.

"Yeah, like cold war Russia corrupt." Simmons comments.

"Yeah. I-I can't sync the timecode without-" Fitz tries to say, but I cut him off.

"What if you had the audio?" I ask them, and turn to look to Skye.

"I was Running surveillance on the lab. I had my shotgun mic pointed at the window before the blast. The digital file's in my van. There's too much background noise for me, But you could probably clean that up, can't you?" Skye asks Fitz and Simmons.

"Find a sync point and use cross-field validation." Simmons thinks out loud.

"To find but I can't scrub for expression patterns When the vit-c is all well, is there a Chrominance subcarrier?" Fitz asks skye.

"Yeah, attached to the back porch." Skye assures him.

"Brilliant." Simmons announces.

"Um, that audio would be great. Thank you very, very much." Fitz says to Skye and myself.

"We will take that audio, please." Simmons says to Skye.

"Your van's here, but you were right when you said we couldn't decrypt the files." Coulson says to us.

"The encryption's coupled to the GPS. Get my van back to that alley, and then I'm in business." Skye tells them.

"Agent May will escort you." Coulson tells her, and Skye nods to show that it is okay "And Lyra can stay here until you come back. Oh and, wake up Ward please?" He asks me, and I show a light smile.

"Sure, it would be a pleasure." I say to them before turning to my sister "Be careful." I tell her, and kiss her on the head before walking back to the room we left a sleeping Ward inside.

Once I enter the interrogating room, I see Ward beginning to wake up grogily, and I smile in hilarity at the sight.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty." I say to him, and he grunts as he slowly stands up.

"How long was I out?" Ward asks me grogily, and I put on a meaningful, serious facial expression.

"Nearly two days." I sigh lightly, and he looks at me incredulously before I begin to smile "20 minutes give or take." I tell him honestly.

"Hilarious. What is Coulson doing now?" Ward asks me for catch up.

"He's waiting for to find out where Michael Petersons is, Skye and May went to Skye's van to locate him whilst Fitz and Simmons try to find out more information about Centipede." I explain to him.

"So, you met the whole team." Ward asks me as we begin to leave the room.

"Yeah, May doesn't talk much though." I comment.

"Yeah, she's only hear to fly the plane, nothing else apparently." Ward tells me as we arrive back in the briefing room where Coulson, Fitz and Simmons ate.

"So, what did that get us?" Coulson asks Fitz and Simmons.

"Skye's sending us the rest of her decrypted files on Centipede. But we have her audio." Simmons tells Coulson.

"I've loaded it up." Fitz adds.

"Nice work." Coulson says as me and Ward stand next to him.

"Now, using motion estimation, Bayesian inference, a beam splitter, And a little diffraction theory, Our mystery man appears. It's like magic." Simmons explains.

"But it's-it's science." Fitz corrects her, and a video starts to play on the screen and it shows What looks like a doctor and a man.

"Explosives in the case? To please calm down. Just let me check your vitals..... I feel fine. I want to feel more. Where's the doctor? Where is she?!.... I-if you don't settle down, I-I'll have you sedated.... Where is she?! Wait.-" Someone gets cut off and the video suddenly stops due to an explosion.

"Did you did you see that on his arm? What does that look like to you?" Fitz asks, and I look at the paused video to see an amber, glowing, technology thing going up his lower left arm.

"A Centipede." I say aloud.

"It's an intravenous filter for his blood. This goo, sir very similar to the serum Dr. Erskine developed in the '40s for the super soldiers." Simmons explains.

"Like Captain America aka Steve Rogers the ice man/ soldier from seventy years ago, and he also appeared in the battle of New York." I say aloud again, and they look at me confused a little "My sister Isn't the only one good with a computer." I shrug my shoulders.

"I'm reading alien metal, gamma radiation, the serum. Every known source of superpower thrown in a blender. We need to see the origin of the blast." Simmons continues as she types on the computer table.

"Run it back from the last point recorded." Ward tells them.

"That should do it." Fitz says after typing something on the computer, and the centipede pops up on the screen. Its like an exo-skeleton type thing now that we have a closer look.

"Extremis. It's new." Simmons tells us.

"Completely unstable." Fitz adds.

"Poor man didn't bring an explosive. And Mike has the same stuff in his system." I say to them.

"And judging by his strength level, a lot more." Simmons adds.

"So any minute now, Mike is gonna-" Fitz tries to say, but Simmons beats him to it.

"-He'll take out anyone within a two-block radius." Simmons tells us.

"Well You wanted a bomb." Ward tells Coulson. Its handed on a silver platter "Sir? He didn't explode because he was angry. The two are connected." He tells Coulson.

"It it's kind of a chemical surge. But calming him down will buy him a minute at most. He will detonate within the next few hours." Simmons explains.

"Solution?" I ask her.

"Isolate him, get him away from people." Simmons tells me.

"Or?" I ask for another solution.

"Put a bullet through his brain." Ward answers for her "If he's dead, this irradiated metabolic process will stop." He states.

"We need to come up with a third option. One that doesn't involve Mike's son losing a father." Coulson tells us.

"We have a couple of hours at most." Fitz tells us, and live May suddenly pops up on the wall computer.

"May?" Coulson asks her confused, and I see a cut on the right side of her forehead.

"He took Skye." May tells us, and I immediately step forward.

"What? How?" I ask demand.

"Michael Peterson knocked me out." May tells me.

"You all right?" Coulson asks her.

"We'll deal with that later at length. Right now, we need to figure out where they went." May tells us, and Fitz steps forward as he looks at the computer table.

"Skye just sent me coordinates." Fitz tells us, and he swipes them up onto the wall computer.

"They're at Union Station." Simmons tells us.

"Lyra, you said you were a police officer, can you use a sniper-rifle?" Coulson asks me.

"Of course." I assure him warily.

"You, me and Ward are going to the station. If we can't get to Peterson in time..." Coulson trails off.

"... We kill him." I finish for him.

(Skip to Union Station)

When Coulson, myself and Ward finally arrive to Union Station, we find Skies van and Coulson has squad cars around as he begins to talk into a megaphone with me and Ward at his side with a rifle thrown over each of our right shoulders.

"Mr. Peterson, good morning. We're not a threat. We're here to help. But you're in danger, and we need to take you in." Coulson tells him, but suddenly the van's door blasts off and we see a glimpse of Peterson rushing Skye and past security and into the train station.

We then run in after them to see Michael fighting off four unknown men in the back of the station, and Skye and the boy running into Police protection out through the other side of the station.

"Lyra, follow Ward up there. We communicate over coms." Coulson orders us, and I follow Ward up to the next level of the station before laying front first on the floor, and we set up our rifles.

"Fitz gave me a tranquiliser as well as bullets. If Michael goes out of control, I shoot him. If he is calming down, I will give you the signal to use the tranquiliser." Ward explains to me, and me a tranquilizer, and I put it into the clip.

"Okay, lets line them up." I say to him, and we both stand the shooters with our aim ready as the Extremis virus becomes more unstable with Peterson and is approached by Coulson, whom lays his gun on the floor.

"Aah! Ace! Ace! Ace!" Peterson shouts for his son, but he doesn't come out.

"Look, the stuff inside you is unstable. It'll kill you and everyone in here." Coulson explains to Peterson as he sweat rapidly.

"You told them to hold fire." Peterson states confused as the Police officers around the exits hold fire on their automatics.

"I don't think that's us." Coulson says to him also confused "We may have a third party here." He tells us through our earpieces "Only take the shot if you have to, Ward and Lyra." He adds.

"If we have to." Ward repeats.

"Copy that." I tell him.

"You got to stop! These people can help you." Coulson tries to reason with Peterson.

"The men in suits? They're your buddies now? Where did they take my son?! I know you got men everywhere waiting to put me down. I know how this plays out." Peterson shouts.

"I don't. I know you got poison in your system. I know it's burning you up. Mike, the last guy who wore that exploded." Coulson explains to him.

"I'm not like that other guy. I'm It matters who I am inside, if I'm a good person, If I'm strong." Peterson says to him.

"I have a clear shot. Do you copy?" Ward asks through the earpieces, but he gets no response. And myself and Ward share a quick glance of confusion before looking back at Coulson and Peterson.

"I know you're strong. Your boy knows it. He needs you to let us help-" Coulson tries to say, but Peterson cuts him off.

"You took him! You took my wife, my job, my house. You think this is killing me?! All over, there's people being pushed down, being robbed. One of them tries to stand up, You got to make an example out of him. You bring this building down on us, will that help them? That's a lie! All you do is lie! You said if we worked hard If we did right We'd have a place." Peterson shouts as the Centipede glows brighter on his arm.

"You said it was enough to be a man. But there's better than man. There's gods." Coulson says to him.

"And the rest of us, what are we?" Peterson asks him.

"They're giants." Coulson says, not really answering the question.

"We're what they step on." Peterson states.

"I know. I've seen giants up close. And that privilege cost me nearly everything. But the good ones. The real deal. They're not heroes because of what they have that we don't. It's what they do with it. You're right, Mike. It matters who you are." Coulson explains, and Peterson seems to be calming down. Keep going Coulson.

"I could, you know? Be a hero." Peterson says with a small smile on his face, and the Centipede dims down.

"I'm counting on it." Coulson assures him

"Take the shot." Ward tells me, and without hesitation I shoot Peterson with the tranquiliser in the left side of his neck, and he slowly falls to the ground, unconscious.

"Subject is in stable condition. All clear at Union Station." Coulson tells everyone through their earpieces.

(Skip to a country home in California)

[L.O.L.A]

The next day, Coulson helped myself and Skye take Ace, Peterson's son, to his Aunts home in California whilst his father learns how to control the Centipede more. And surprisingly enough, Coulson has offered myself and Skye to join his team of agents, S.H.E.I.L.D.. But I in my opinion, I don't think it would be clever, but it's for my sister...

"I told him his father was coming home." Skye says as we sit Coulson's car outside Ace's Aunts house. And whilst Coulson and Skye are sitting in the front seats, I've ended up sitting on the near trunk.

"He will. We have some experience with this." Coulson assures us.

"He almost blew." Skye sighs.

"We almost died." I sigh back.

"We have some experience with that, too." Coulson adds.

"Don't have it all mapped out." I state to him.

"True. We didn't cut off the head of the Centipede. Whoever sponsored that little experiment is still out there, among other things. It's a brave new world." Coulson tells us. And a dangerous one at that.

"And a really old car." Skye tells him.

"Lola can keep up. What about you two? Have you thought about the offer? Hitching a ride on the crazy plane?" Coulson asks us.

"I never liked having a partner or a team when I was a cop." I tell him, and look to my sister.

"I'm not exactly a team player either." Skye tells him.

"We're not exactly a team. But we're in a position to do some good. You'd both be a great help. And you'd be front row center at the strangest show on earth, Which is, after all, what you wanted." Coulson says as he refers the last bit to Skye, but I will always protect her.

"I was able to hack S.H.I.E.L.D. From my van. You're gonna show me something new?" Skye asks him, but Coulson suddenly gets a call in the small screen in his dashboard, and he taps it to answer.

"Go." Coulson tells them.

"Sir, we've got an 0-8-4." Ward's voice comes through the speaker.

"Is that confirmed?" Coulson asks him.

"They want us to go in and confirm it." Ward tells him before hanging up.

"What's an 0-8-4?" Skye ask him confused.

"You've both got exactly 10 minutes To decide if you really want to know." Coulson says to us, and I look to my sister who nods her head.

"... Let's do it." I answer hesitantly.

"But there's no way we can make it to the airfield in the tide is rising." Skye says, and Coulson's car immediately starts to hover off of the ground.

"Lyra, hold on." Coulson tells me, and I grip on their seats as the car starts to hover straight across the fields.

This is going to be one hell of a ride. A dangerous one for all of us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 297 7
She didn't abandon her sister, she's saving her. Book 2 (No Love Interest) (Captain America : The Winter Soldier) Book 3 coming soon
231K 9.8K 65
━━ 𝐓𝐇𝐘 𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐋 🥽 ❝ and i'm pretty sure, that every minute of every day, you've been stuck in the lab right beside me! ❞ 𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉...
4.2K 89 31
First book in the series. Watch how Skye Coulson the youngest girl out of the coulson family find her place within shield. With Friends like May, Hun...
810 36 7
❝ they're gonna watch me disappear into the sun . . . ❞ [ a marvel fanfiction ] [ agents of s.h.i.e.l.d ] [ full des...