"HARLEM" ✔️

By _yveschanelle_

#Romance #Urban. [18+] MATURE CONTENT. Harlem's life changes when she's given a fully funded scholarship into... More

INTRO
Chapter One
Chapter two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven (Level 1)
Chapter Eight (Beta Theta house)
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
notice
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
note
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
MY NEXT
Chapter Forty one
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One (Final)
IMPORTANT NOTE
Answers to your questions!

Chapter Twenty Six

6.5K 573 33
By _yveschanelle_

***

I got my food and went in search of free tables with Yasmin. As we walked through the crowded cafeteria, I Saw Lucas. He motioned me over. There were two free seats by him.

I held Yasmin's hand and led her over there.

As we approached, Lucas stood up with a bright smile. He looked happy for someone who'd claimed he was very tired a few minutes ago.

"Hey, Jarl. Kept you a seat." he started but then noticed Yasmin.

"Uh, hi."

"Hi." she smiled.

He turned to me.

"She's the best friend you told me about? Yasmin?"

"Yup. She finally made it." I replied happily.

"Nice to meet you, Yasmin. You seem familiar. Have we met?"

"No, I don't think so." Yazz lied and I shook my head in amusement.

"You're probably right. You should have a seat."

"Thanks" we both replied.

Lucas being behind me was kind enough to pull my chair for me to sit.

"Hmm. Why are you so happy, Lucas? And since when did you become a gentleman?" I mused.

He chuckled and sat down too.

"I've always been a gentleman. And I'm really happy right now cuz my parents are back in town."

"Really?" I asked, surprised. "Where were they?"

"Australia, for business. It's been a whole year now since the last time I saw them."

"A whole year??" Yasmin asked, surprised as much as I was.

"Yup. But I'm happy cuz I'll be able to go visit them during the weekend."

"Oh I'm happy for you, Lulu." I smiled at him and put a hand on his. He looked at me with that cute smirk on.

"Uh-hum!" Yasmin cleared her throat and we both looked at her.
"What??" she asked innocently. We laughed.

"You seem to be a case too." Lucas mused at Yazz.

"At first sight. But if you know Harl enough, you'll discover she's worse than me."

"Mm really? Then I don't know you very well, Harlem." he turned to me.

"No you don't, honey." I smiled at him and he reddened. "I'm just trying to be on my best behaviour in this school because I'm on scholarship. Any tiny shit of mine and I will get me dismissed."

"You're right. Okay. That means you have two sides then."

"If you want to."

"This part of you that I already know is tough, careless and strong. What's your other side?"

"The same things but with much more risk. I did a lot of wrong things which I might start regretting but for the moment, I give no fuck about them."

"Oh."

Yazz and I laughed at his expression.

"And you Lucas, you seem so good. The perfect good boy figure. Do you have another side? That no one knows about?"

"Yeah. If you want. But only my friends know. The boys, I mean. It's preferable that way."

Yasmin and I looked at each other.

"Hmmm. Are you sure you don't wanna show me your other side?" I teased, wriggling my brows playfully.

"Hahaha, um...probably not." he replied reddening. "Because the way I act towards boys is totally different from the way I with girls."

"Oh, wow." Yasmin said, amused.

"Hmm. Okay."

We continued to eat our food. Some minutes later, three guys walked by and stopped at our table.

"Hey Luke, we gotta go man, remember?" One of them said to Lucas.

"Oh, right. I forgot." he stood up Immediately.

Yasmin leaned and whispered,

"Who are they."

"His friends. The tall guy and Lucas have been friends since highschool apparently. I don't know him well. The rest are friends he met here. They're in the same fraternity." I replied.

"Oh..."

Lucas turned to us.

"Gotta go, girls. See you tomorrow, Yasmin." he smiled at her.

"Bye, Lucas." she replied.

He then turned to me.

"You too, Harl."

"Yup. Goodnight, rich kid." I teased.

He chuckled a little.

"Goodnight..." he winked at me and left with the other boys.

Yasmin and I continued with our meal.

*
On our way back to the house, we discussed again.

"I find Lucas really cute." Yasmin said.

"Yeah, he's not bad."

"Girl, you'll say I'm crazy but I think that Lulu likes you one bit."

I laughed.

"Shut up."

"Hahaha yeah, I'm tripping. It might not be the case but I still saw him check you out!" she screamed out, laughing.

"What the hell?? Shh! What is wrong with you??" I asked, laughing.

"I'm serious! When he stood up to receive us at the cafeteria."

"Girl, shut up. What are you talking about??"

"What I'm talking about?? You have on a short! All your fine legs are out. What did you expect??"

"Hahaha, keep that to yourself. I don't give a damn. He's a nice friend and I don't want your imagination to fuck things up."

"Fine, fine. I was just kidding."

"Good."

"Or nat." she laughed out. I couldn't help it but laugh too.

We reached the house and met with the other girls. I introduced Yasmin to Blaire, Lou and the others. Including the two bitches. Yes, they had to keep in mind that we were two now.

***

Tuesday morning, I left for class but Yasmin preferred to stay at the house to watch TV. She was so free. Good for her.
--
In class while the professor  taught, I looked around for Lucas. I had to draw him. Or paint a portrait of him before the next day. I'd sent half of my money to my mom that same Monday James paid me. It was now going to be hard for me to travel back to Brownsville. But I promised to try and do my best to go there often.

After an eye search, I discovered he wasn't even in class. He never missed a class. I wondered where he was.
--
At lunch, I headed for the sigma house. I met Rick on the way.

"Hi, Rick."

"Hey, princess." He stopped to speak with me. "How are you?"

"I'm fine and you?"

"Alright." he smirked at me. Honestly, Rick was gorgeous.

"Uh, is Lucas at the sigma house?"

"Yup"

"I didn't see him in class today."

"Lil dude went partying. He was not feeling well this morning."

"Oh, thanks." I started walking away but he stopped me.

"Hey, Harlem. How about we go hang out together one of these days? I'd really like to know you better. And I'm not talking about being friends cuz I consider we already are."

That caught me off guard. He was blunt and went straight to the point. I looked at him and chuckled a little.

"I got a boyfriend. Can't." I replied.

"In case you break up with him, my offer still stands." he smiled.

"I won't break up with him." I mused.

"One never knows." he winked at me and went his way.

"Uuhh, okay." I whispered to myself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.7K 486 30
Six years have passed and no word to each other. Still 4,000 miles away. Still deadly in love with each other. Since the departure, Imani has proceed...
7.1K 144 28
Salem has always been a loner. She doesn't care about anyone but herself and her family...she doesn't want to care. Shes what you could call a cynic...
920K 49.4K 95
"You're always falling asleep in my class. It cant keep happening, Novalie." The professor scolded gently at the nursing student who nodded with sad...
Running Her Mouth By Eve

General Fiction

42K 1.2K 77
Meet Kandii and her Husband Devin. They are one of the most dysfunctional couples you will ever meet. Kandii has more then a few insecurities and her...