The Rising Sun (A Stiles Stil...

By _hogwartian_

Emma Brisbane was never normal, but now she's not even herself. After losing her memory, she must find her wa... More

Chapter 1 - Losing Your Memory
Chapter 2 - The Hunt
Chapter 3 - Back to School
Chapter 4 - More Than Lacrosse
Chapter 5 - The Key
Chapter 6 - A Little Bit Crazy
Chapter 7 - A Series of Strange Events
Chapter 8 - The First Memory
Chapter 9 - The Reveal
Chapter 10 - The Truth About Werewolves
Chapter 11 - Departure
Chapter 12 - A Long Night
Chapter 13 - White Walls
Chapter 14 - Hazy
Chapter 15 - Three's a Pattern
Chapter 16 - Sisterly
Chapter 17 - Crossing Lines
Chapter 18 - The Punch Bowl
Chapter 19 - Puzzle Pieces
Chapter 21 - Hard Truths
Chapter 22 - Tangled
Chapter 23 - Shoot and Score
Chapter 24 - Lost and Found
Chapter 25 - Normalcy

Chapter 20 - Digging Deeper

16K 420 145
By _hogwartian_

**Disclaimer** I do not own Teen Wolf but I do have #yoloswag

 "Walk," ordered Matt, pushing the lead barrel of his gun into my back. 

 "Hey, watch it there buddy," warned Stiles.

 Matt spun around, holding the gun to Stiles' chest. My stomach twisted into a knot. Me, I can handle getting shot. I'll heal. Stiles, however, he won't. 

 "There a problem?" Matt asked, narrowing his eyes as if to challenge Stiles. He pressed the gun further into Stiles' chest. 

 "Don't hurt him," I said in a low and pleading voice. Both boys' eyes turned to me. I steadied my breathing. I had to keep on a brave face. I had to stay strong through this because it's what people need me to do. It's what Stiles needs me to do.

 Matt shoved his gun into my back again, pushing me forward. "Walk."

 Stiles and I entered the Sheriff's old office where he and Scott had been waiting with Matt behind us. He shoved Stiles and me away from him, stepping forward to face Sheriff Stilinski. I immediately latched into Stiles' arm once we stood next to Scott.

 "Matt," said the Sheriff, holding up both his hands. "It's Matt, right?"

 He nodded.

 "Matt, I guarantee that whatever's going on the solution doesn't include a gun," said the Sheriff.

 "You know, it's funny you say that because I don't think you're aware of how right you are," said Matt.

 "I know you don't want to hurt people," said Sheriff Stilinski.

 "Actually, I want to hurt a lot of people. You four weren't on my list, but I could be persuaded," said Matt. "And one way is to try dialing someone on your cell phone like McCall is doing right now. That, that could definitely get someone hurt,"

 Scott quickly tugged his hand out of his jean pocket.

 "Everyone, NOW!" Matt ordered.

 Scott, Stiles, and I all glanced at each other before pulling out our cellphones and placing them on the desk, along with the Sheriff. Great, now we're trapped in here with this psycho with no means of communication to anyone outside. Not to mention I'm sure that Jackson will be showing up sometime soon.

 Matt then escorted the four of us down to one of the cell blocks. He ordered for Stiles to handcuff his father to the link above the holding bench. I could see in his eyes that if hurt for him to have to do this, especially when Matt ordered for him to make it even tighter, but there was nothing I could do, at least not yet. I just can't risk Matt shooting Stiles.

 I gave Stiles an apologetic look as Matt shoved he, Scott, and I all back to the Sheriff's office. He just pressed his lips into a thin line, the way he always does when he doesn't know what to say. I wanted to hold his hand, but I was afraid that Matt would do something.

 As we walked back to the office, we stopped as we passed a hallway that led to the back rooms. I held my breath as I stared at the three mangled bodies of the night shift deputies. Blood was smeared all across their chest and along the walls. I glanced at Stiles with wide eyes.

 "What? Are you gonna kill everyone in here?" Scott asked as we peaked around the corner of the hallway.

 Matt scoffed. "No, that's what Jackson's for. I just think about killing them, and he does it."

 I wanted to run over and see if there was any chance of saving the deputies. I could heal them, if it's not too late. I had to do something. But, Matt shoved the three of us forward, pressing us to keep going. My hand brushed Stiles' and when our eyes met I saw the smallest hint of fear, masked by a facade of bravery. 

 When we got back to the office, Matt plopped down in one of the padded chairs and demanded for us to destroy all the evidence, or face the wrath of Jackson. He wasn't really giving us much of a choice. Yet, Scott and I shredded files and other physical evidence while Stiles erased all the data from the computer system.

 "Alright, deleted," said Stiles, clicking the final button on the keyboard. "And we're done. So, Matt, since all the people you brutally murdered deserved it because they killed you first, whatever that means, we're good here, right? I'll just get my dad and we'll go, you know you continue on the whole vengeance thing, enjoy the kanima,"

 Stiles glanced at Scott and me as he spoke. Then, a flash of headlights gleamed in through the blinds covering the windows. Once again, I held my breath.

 "Sounds like your Mom's here, McCall," said Matt.

 "Matt, don't do this," begged Scott. "When she comes in the door I'll tell her to leave. I'll tell her we didn't find anything. Please, Matt."

 The squeaking of a door being opened sounded from outside the office. All four of us perked up at the sound, Stiles and I exchanging nervous glances. 

 "If you don't move now, I'm gonna kill Stiles first," said Matt. I stood straight up, anger flaring through me at his threatening words. "Then Emma, and then your mom."

 Stiles and I followed close behind Scott as he ventured out to the front desk. I kept my hand close enough to Stiles' that they weren't intertwined, but still touching. I just needed to feel him right now, as if to be sure that he's actually there.

 "Open it," ordered Matt, stepping out behind Stiles and me.

 "Please," pleaded Scott.

 "Open the door," snarled Matt.

 I took in a shaky breath, sure to keep it quiet as to not alert Matt of my fear, or Stiles for that matter. My heart beat faster as Scott reached for the door handle. I grazed Stiles' pinkie with mine, linking them together. I stood in between him and Scott and watched with bated breath as Scott slowly opened the door.

 But, to my surprise, it wasn't Melissa that was waiting to be let in. It was Derek. I sucked in a large breath at the sight of him and Stiles glanced at me.

 "Oh thank god," said Scott.

 Instead of replying, Derek fell straight forward onto his back. Behind him stood Jackson in half kanima form. Rough patches of green and blue scales covered his face, neck, and arms, spreading down his torso underneath his black shirt. His eyes were distant and dark, then flashed into their yellow slits. 

 Matt moved over to Derek and crouched down next to him. "This is the one controlling him?" Derek asked, emotionless. "This kid?"

 "Well, Derek, not everyone's lucky enough to be a big, bad, werewolf," said Matt, standing back up. "Oh yeah that's - that's right, I've learned a few things lately; werewolves, hunters, healers, kanimas. It's like a freaking Halloween party every full moon. Except for you, Stiles. What do you turn into?"

 It shocked me that he knew about my kind. How's that even possible? I didn't even know about my kind until a couple of weeks ago. It made me wonder how much he's actually been paying attention to me.

 "Abominable Snowman," said Stiles sarcastically. "But it's more of like a winter time thing, you know, seasonal."

 Matt took a step forward and I responded with one of my own. "Don't touch him," I hissed.

 "Oh, Emma," said Matt with a smug look. "Do you even have your abilities? Because, last time I checked, you were dead."

 "And yet you don't see me using a giant lizard to kill the ones responsible, do you? Even though I'd like to," I said, muttering the last part and looking directly at Derek.

 I felt a scratch graze the back of my neck. I lost my loose grip on Stiles and fell face first onto Derek. I growled, this is literally the last position I want to be in right now. Just being in the same area as him is making me potentially homicidal.

 "Hey!" Stiles objected, but he was cut off by a scratch to the neck of his own. He fell down right next to me. 

 "Get me off of him," I hissed.

 Matt crouched down beside the three of us, smirking. "And why would I do that, Emma? I thought you two were friends?"

 "Unlike some people, I don't befriend murderers," I said. 

 I noticed Derek's eyes shift down to look at me on his chest. I felt so helpless again, not being able to move. I finally get my abilities back, my strength back, and all that power just gets ripped away from me with one little scratch to the neck.

 Another gleam of headlights shone in through the windows. This time it had to be Melissa. No matter how much I wish it wasn't.

 "Is that her?" Matt asked, standing back up. "Do what I tell you to and I won't hurt her. I won't even let Jackson near her,"

 "Scott, don't trust him!" I said.

 Without warning, Matt had grabbed the back of my leather jacket and pulled back over onto my back so that I was no settled in between Stiles and Derek. At least the hell of being on top of the man who ruined my life is over. But, any form of celebration I had going on in my head stopped when Matt pressed his boot over Stiles' upper chest. Stiles coughed and choked as he fought for air.

 "No," I mumbled.

 "This work better for you?" Matt asked, his tone rising. He pressed harder down onto Stiles.

 I hated the fact that there was nothing I could do. I couldn't move and protect him. Once again, I'm just useless. I knew Matt put the choke hold on Stiles instead of me because it would get a bigger rise out of Scott, but I was the one who spoke. It should've been me.

 "Alright just stop! Stop!" Scott begged.

 "Do what I tell you to."

 "Okay, okay, alright," said Scott.

 Stiles' face was going purple and his eyes were beginning to water. He would suffocate soon if Matt didn't release his hold. "Stop! Stop!" I said. "Please,"

 Matt sent me a glare before taking his foot off of Stiles' throat. Stiles coughed as he sucked in air. I wanted to hold his hand, but I can't exactly feel my fingers at the moment. Once he'd caught his breath, he turned to look at me. I gave him a pleading look, but he just blinked at me and sucked in another breath.

 "You," Matt ordered to Jackson, "take them in there. You," he ordered to Scott this time, "with me."

 Jackson drug Stiles and I with one arm, and Derek with another, back into the Sheriff's office. Once again I was place in the middle of the two. Although, I'd really prefer not to be next to Derek, but it's not like I get much of a choice. That's still not going to stop me from telling him off.

 "You are damn lucky I am paralyzed right now because I'm going to KILL YOU!" I yelled through gritted teeth. I turned my head to face him, he turned his as well.

 "I had no idea that would happen!" He hissed back.

 "Eric warned you, Derek," I said. "Yet you still did it. Did you even do it for Laura? Or was it always about the power?"

 He breathed in through his nostrils as he thought of an acceptable answer. His silence was broken by the sound of a gun firing. I could hear Melissa from outside the hall, trying to persuade Matt to let her see Scott and tend to his wound.

 "Scott?" Stiles called out.

 "SHUT UP! EVERYONE SHUT UP!" Matt yelled. 

 Only a few moments later, everything was quiet again. My reimbursed supernatural hearing could pick up voices coming from the same back cell were Stiles had to lock up his father. It wasn't strong enough to make out every words clearly. I could barely hear anything other than low murmurs.

 "I never meant to hurt you, Emma," said Derek, after a long still of silence.

 "Well, you did." I said firmly. "In fact, you hurt me a lot. Do you even realize the hell I've been through the past few weeks?" 

 "I'm sorry," he said. Even though they were two words I thought I'd never hear come out of Derek Hale's mouth, I didn't buy it. He wasn't going to get my forgiveness that easily.

 "You killed me, cost me all my memories and abilities, jeopardized my relationship with Stiles, had me kidnapped and then proceeded to lock me in a choke hold for over an hour while you used me as bait. It's going to take a lot more than 'I'm sorry' to fix this mess you've made."

 He gave a heavy sigh. Stiles filled the silence when Derek didn't respond. "She has a point, dude. I mean, you did nearly ruin her entire life,"

 Derek groaned. "What if I hadn't survived, Derek?" I said. "What if this worked the way it's supposed to. That when the wolf that bit me dies of supernatural causes I die too? What then?"

 His eyes seemed to flicker around for a moment. I furrowed my eyebrows at him. He looked like he was piecing something together. "Emma, did you get your abilities back? Tonight?"

 I looked at him with narrowed eyes. "Yeah, and I have no idea how,"

 "I think I do," he said. I continued to glare at him. "But I don't think you're going to want to hear it,"

 "Wha - "

 I was cut off when Matt shoved Scott back into the office. "The evidence is gone," said Scott. "Why don't you just go?"

 "You think the evidence mattered that much, huh?" Matt said. "No, I - I want the book,"

 "What? What book?" Scott asked.

 "The bestiary," said Matt. Stiles and I looked at each other with wide eyes. "Not just a few pages, I want the whole thing."

 "I don't have it," said Scott. "It's Gerard's. What do you want it for anyway?"

 "I need answers," said Matt, shifting on his feet anxiously.

 "Answers to what?"

 "To this," said Matt.

 He pulled up the side of his shirt to reveal the same blueish-green scales that cover Jackson when he transitions into the kanima. A ray of blue light shifted through the pattern marking the side of his torso. Matt pulled his shirt back down and then pushed Scott back out of the room, leaving the scaled Jackson to guard the entrance to the office. 

 "Hey," whispered Stiles. "Do you know what's happening to Matt?"

 "Balance," Derek and I chorused. I shot him a glare and he closed his mouth.

 "He can't just break the rules, not like this," I explained further. 

 "What do you mean?"

 "The universe balances things out, always does. It's the way it's always been with the supernatural," I said.

 "Is it because he's using Jackson to kill people who don't deserve it?" Stiles asked.

 "And killing people himself," added Derek. I held in my glare this time.

 "So if Matt breaks the rules of the kanima, he becomes the kanima?"

 "Balance," Derek and I chorused again. I scowled. 

 "Will he believe us if we tell him that?" Stiles asked, ignoring the growing tension between Derek and me.

 "Not likely," I said with a heavy sigh.

 "Okay he's gonna kill all of us when he gets that book, isn't he?"

 "Yep,"

 "Probably," Derek and I spoke at the same time once again.

 "Okay, so what do we do? Do we just sit here and wait to die?"

 Suddenly, a light bulb went off in my mind as an idea struck me. I have no idea how well it will work, but it's about the best we have at the moment. Even though it will cause me physical pain, I know I have to do it.

 "Derek, can you use your claws?" I asked. I heard them slide out of his fingernails and glanced down at them. "Perfect, now dig them into my leg,"

 "What?" Stiles objected.

 "It'll trigger the healing process," I said.

 "I'll do it to myself," said Derek.

 "I'll heal faster than you will,"

 "And then do what? Who's gonna be able to fight that thing? Me or you?" Derek hissed.

 "Oh for god's sake, Derek, can you just do one thing for me? Besides, it's not like you haven't hurt me before,"

 I grunted as his claws dug into my thigh. Biting the inside of my lip I turned to look at Stiles to ensure him that everything is fine. I could hear Derek using his other hand to dig into his own thigh. Of course. He always has to have some form of control over every situation.

 "Oh, gross," said Stiles, squirming as he saw Derek's claw digging into my thigh, ruining a perfectly good pair of pants that Lydia bought for me on our shopping trip.

 I blew out a huff of air as Derek pushed his claws even deeper into my leg. Even though I knew it was what needed to be done, it wasn't helping on his whole forgiveness campaign. Another five minutes passed of him digging into my leg and I had to keep glancing at Stiles to stay calm.

 "So, uh, is it working?" He asked.

 "I - I think so," I said, wiggling most of my foot. The numbness was beginning to subside.

 "I can move my toes," said Derek.

 "Dude," said Stiles. "I can move my toes."

 Suddenly, all of the lights in the station went out, sending us into complete darkness. The emergency lights kicked on and the warning sirens began to sound. I looked at Stiles with wide eyes, even though he could hardly see me.

 Then, a loud parade of gunfire echoed throughout the building, shattering the windows outside in the front lobby. I had no idea what was going on, but Derek's claws scratched up along my thigh, creating an even bigger gash before pulling out. It seemed to have worked, at least. I could move my legs and my arms were regaining feeling. Derek was moving beside me as well. I'm sure his alpha healing abilities matched my weak ones.

 Scott ran into the office after throwing Jackson to the side. Smoke was filling the hallway and the ringing of the alarm was setting me on edge. I tired pulling myself off the floor, but Scott had to get me to my feet.

 "Take them," ordered Derek, who was still on the ground. "Go!"

 Scott lifted up Stiles and slung his arm around his neck to carry him. I would have helped, but I can barely carry myself at the moment. I hurried along next behind them, trying not to trip over myself, considering my legs were still slightly numb.

 I closed a door behind us after we passed through, putting a temporary barrier between us and Jackson. He kicked it open with ease. I followed Scott and Stiles through another door, closing and locking it as well. Once again, it didn't take long before Jackson kicked it back open. I continued closing and locking doors after we passed through them, and Jackson kept kicking them down. It was a useless cycle, but it bought us a few moments.

 Finally, we made it into one of the holding cells. I closed the large metal door, clamping the lock shut. I then moved back over to Scott and Stiles, all three of us panting and out of breath. At least I had regained the majority of my mobility back. I only felt slight tingles in certain areas. I helped Scott to sit Stiles in a chair.

 "Alright, don't move," he said to both of us. Stiles cocked an eyebrow. "You know what I mean,"

 With that, Scott ran back out to help Derek fight Jackson and who I'm assuming are the Argents crashing the party. Stiles and I were left alone, but I was becoming restless and anxious. I couldn't just wait in here while they all battled it out. I had to do something.

 "I have to go help," I said, turning towards the door.

 "Emma, no," 

 "Stiles, I can't just sit here and wait,"

 "That's what I have to do," he mumbled.

 I shook my head at him. "I'm sorry, but I have to do something,"

 I lifted his head and kissed him full on the mouth. He seemed a little taken back by my sudden act of affection, but I had to do it. If anything happens to me out there, I want him to have something to remember me by.

 "I love you," I said.

 "I love you too,"

 I smiled, cupping his face in my palm. "I have to go,"

 With reluctance, he nodded. I sprinted out of the cell and into the mess that was going on around me. Smoke still hung in the air, making it difficult to see anything from a distance. If only I was as strong as I once was I would be able to see through it. But, my abilities are hardly even there.

 I searched around for Scott or Derek, but I couldn't spot them. I moved cautiously through the smoke, careful not to step into a trap. When my abilities are this weak, I have no idea how much damage I'll be able to withstand. But I have to do something.

 "Scott? Derek?" I called out. I was answered with silence.

 Then, a loud hiss sounded from behind me. Steadying my breathing, I turned around slowly. Perched on a desk with it's claws at the ready, dripping more of its paralytic toxin, was the kanima. It hissed again, this time showing its multiple rows of razor sharp teeth.

 I began walking backwards, running into a file cabinet. I felt my way around until my hand caught a door handle. I fiddled it, but it was locked. You have got to be kidding me. I wiggled it again, pushing against the door and the kanima closed in on me. I gave up on the door and turned to face it. I had to be brave. I wanted to do this. I made the choice to come out here.

 Just as the creature was about to hurl itself on me, something broke its path. I loud roar sounded echoing throughout the small room I had cornered myself in. The kanima leaped onto the ceiling, crawling out through the open door I had come in from.

 I waited for my savior to step out of the shadows. The roar was familiar, but I had to make sure and match a face with it. It was almost too difficult to believe. I needed proof. I needed proof that it was really him who came to my rescue.

 He stepped into the thin ray of light that illuminated from the light posts outside. A small gasp escaped my lips as I took him in and a smile spread across my face.

 "Eric,"

-------------------------------

Thanks so much for reading!

I totally just like jammed this chapter out so sorry if it's like off or anything. I'm sorry that it's kind of late but I have so much freaking stuff on my plate right now it's unreal. The other day my mom handed me like ten scholarship apps and then started screaming at me about them and I proceeded to go to my room and have a nice little panic attack. #seniorswag

The song to the right is directed at Derek.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I love writing about annoyed Emma. She's just like 130% with Derek and his BS.

Thanks again and don't forget to comment, vote, and follow. Comments give me LIFE.

GIF not mine.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

-Alyssa

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 18 30
This is a Stiles Stilinski x Reader fanfiction that follows the story line of teen wolf with some changes. Your relationship will face outside and in...
80.7K 1.7K 82
Y/n a little witch living in beacon hills with a veterinarian. After her mom went missing Y/n finally started to have a normal life or she thought bu...
1.5K 53 11
(BOOK 2) After spending the entire summer together Andrea and stiles have gotten closer than ever. But what will happen when weird things start again...
107K 5K 52
[BOOK 5] "𝙞 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙤𝙛 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙚𝙡𝙨𝙚, 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙢𝙚 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙢𝙮𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛 - 𝙞 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙 𝙖 𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙡." F...