Blank Love

By Kaplan-Br

Avi and Alice were a happy, solid couple. The two-year marriage had just added the love and affection that on... More

Blank Love
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12

Chapter 8

310 10 11
By Kaplan-Br

ALICE's P.O.V

I was miserable. I felt useless and ineffective. Actually, I was unresigned with such injustice. How could this happen? My services for MG Motors were too significant for them to simply dismiss me after the accident. How can anyone be invalid? Resign me, okay! But plucking me from the market? That was cruel...

The rest of the weekend wasn't pleasant. I restrained myself all the time because I didn't want to look weak in front of Avi, but this was only possible with insulation. He in turn, tried to show all support to me throughout that moment. While I appreciate the effort and affection, in that situation, it was not enough. I asked him to take me into the office earlier that week to demand explanations, and he agreed, offering all possible assistance. It was sweet to see him doing everything he could to make me feel good, but my focus was only one at the time: get my career back.

The Monday came, and I tried to stay as calm as possible to go to the company. Of course it did not happen.

I woke up early - unusual. I made breakfast - unusual. I cleaned the whole house - very unusual... I did it all being watched by Avi, who tried to calm me down all the time. Obviously nothing worked, and soon after lunch I ran to get dressed. I kept replaying in my mind a furious speech on how the company had been unfaithful to my work, and blah blah blah. I was angry with myself and all that caring, but it was inevitable. I had a lot to lose.

I tried to look as professional as possible. A clear blue ¾ sleeve shirt that I found in the closet, tight black pants, a nude peep toe with medium heels and hair up, letting the curls fall from the top of my head. It didn't take long to get ready, and, thank God, Avi either. With the common beanie on his head, washed jeans and a plaid shirt, wasn't necessary to put much effort for a good appearance.

In the car, I was still apprehensive. Feet slapped the floor, my nails were in my mouth, my stare lost at corners... some of these fads weren't part of my habits, and my husband must have realized, once he interrupted my attachment visible, ending the silence between us.

- Ali... don't misunderstand me, I don't want to frustrate you, you're clearly excited, but... what do you really want with this visit? - he dropped the question in the air, attracting my attention.

I mused for a moment, confused between various thoughts, as he cast quick glances waiting for my answer, trying not to take his eyes off the road for long. Several words came to mind, but only one seemed to fit. I fixed my eyes on Avi and took a deep breath.

- To fight. - I summarized. My husband sighed for a moment, giving me a weak smile, and eyes showing admiration. I returned the smile, and he put his hand over mine, squeezing lightly, keeping the focus on the way.

- I'm with you. - The gesture moved me, and I shook his hand back, whispering thanks.

We ended up chatting for the rest of the time in the car, which distracted from pessimistic thoughts and made me gradually relax. When we arrived, I felt prepared and ready to challenge the warning I had received, maintaining the serious posture and then walking towards the entrance of the factory. I took a deep breath when the doors opened.

The reception was immense and calm. The lighting was amazing, sustained by simple chandeliers, bringing to the environment the seriousness it demanded. The clear and extensive ground was brilliant and aggregated certain luxury to the site. At the corners there was pale leather sofas, which guaranteed the warmth to the few entrepreneurs and executives who were there talking and watching who entered.

As we walked, Avi took me by hand, casting a smile which I replied shyly, keeping me attentive to the beautiful girl behind a large desk. She looked shocked and awkward when she saw me, and when I approached, she smiled with sympathy and affection.

- Good afternoon, I'm...

- Mrs. Kaplan, of course! How are you? Long time no see you! I hope you're feeling well! - she shot quickly and before I opened my mouth to say something, she addressed to Avi.

- And good afternoon Mr. Kaplan! It's good to see you!

- Good afternoon Olivia... and please, just Avi.

- Of course - she agreed, giggling and blushing - are you back at work, boss? - Olivia turned her huge smile at me and I inhibit myself, staring at the floor for a second, looking for the right words to say. At this point, I felt Avriel's hand on my back and his eyes looking for me. I looked up and realized the receptionist, now not so smiling, staring at me uncertainly, and limited the information when answered, scratching my throat.

- In fact, I wish you would direct me to the human resources sector please.

- Ahn... Of course... Follow me, please. - she agreed confused, allowing us access to the balcony, and then, taking us inside the factory.

There was a huge footbridge suspended over the entire manufacturing activity, narrow and long, covered by glasses so that visitors could see the movement below. The assembly process of the cars was familiar, from the theory in college and internship at australian branch, but in incredibly larger scale. Olivia was still ahead of us, and Avi and I remain quiet during the entire walk. It was remarkable that he knew where he was going, probably from visiting me occasionally at work , so he watched with a smile my admiration to the environment. It was messing with my feelings, and I didn't know whether to be glad to have won it one day, or sad to be losing it. Once passed the bridge, we went through a corridor of open rooms with dozens of workers in airy offices. All of them noticed my presence, stopping the service to watch me, sometimes waving, sometimes smiling, some looks of pity, curiosity, and occasional whispers. I smiled in embarrassment, but kept the focus where the receptionist took me, until I hear a scream.

- Hey boss! - Avi and I looked back at the same instant, towards a tall man waving excitedly in the background.

Is not possible.

- Ethan? Is it really you? - I advanced a few steps, still hesitant, as he ran towards me, twirling the hair and carrying a spotless smile.

- Alice! I miss you! - he finally came up to me and gave me a hug, squeezing me in his arms and rocking me gently. I was extremely happy to finally have someone of whom I recognized here! It seemed unreal! - I even thought about going into hospital but... - he freed me from his embrace and looked at Avi, gradually abandoning the laughter that came down in a shy smile. I still kept my gaze fixed with full happiness in him, when I felt the hand of my husband narrow in my waist. Blushing, I pulled myself together, looking for Avi and then Ethan. I cleared my throat.

- Ethan, this is ...

- Good afternoon Avi. Always a pleasure to see you again. - Ethan interrupted, returning Avriel's dry look, keeping a serious smile and raspy voice as he shook his hand.

- Good afternoon. - My husband said simply, squeezing with a slightly exaggerated firmly the hand of my fellow worker, initiating an uncomfortable silence in the air as I watched.

Avi probably knew of the involvement I had with Ethan in the past. Well, now long ago, but in my mind we had recently broken up. We both were interns in MG, and the proximity led us to have a brief affair. It finished in a subtle way, and we still maintained the friendship without discomfort, though I thought that there was still interest on his part. Ethan was a man of stunning looks. His dark blond hair once thrown over his face, were now erected in a discrete tuft, showing his amazing gray eyes, and highlighting the handsome smile from the strong jaw. Always in good shape, he rode very vain, and on that occasion wore a gray suit clearly sized, clear blue tie and classy shoes.

I tried my hardest not to stare at him for a long time, but his undeniable beauty brought me inevitable memories, and I may had smiled to myself, once he returned, letting out a small sigh and spreading the charm throughout the environment. Avi was obviously not happy with our flirtation, and pulled me close to his body cautiously, waking me up from the trance. I blinked a few times, back to reality.

- So... you have also been transferred? - I let out the question weakly, and he tried to hide the mess.

- Ah... yes, we were transferred together Ali...- he glanced to Avi, who was frowning and keeping a protective stance about me -...ce. - he turned his eyes to me. - How much exactly do you remember? - he raised his hand in doubt.

- The last five years have been completely erased from my mind. - I replied, smirking and he formed an 'O' with his mouth, which eventually crumbled into a contained laugh and slightly rosy cheeks. I knew what he was thinking. Before I let myself to be taken by memories, I cut the time, undoing any sign of relaxation in the face and bringing me back to the reason for being there. - Ethan, I need your help.

- Sure... please follow me to my office. - he gestured hesitantly, pointing to a door in a secluded area of the production sector, which he was probably the supervisor.

I returned my gaze to Avi, who looked concerned, as if I was in wrong hands. It was probably just jealousy. Ethan was an amazing guy and I was sure he would never try anything on me. I touched his shoulder lightly, and I'm sure to have noticed him shaking his head, as if I shouldn't do that. I ignored him, whispering close to his ear.

- I need to do this. There is no need to be afraid. - I smiled, pulling away slightly, sliding my hand from his shoulders. Before I turned mysef, he suddenly took my chin, turning my face back, and approaching slowly, leaving a kiss on the corner of my mouth. It was obvious that he was trying to mark territory and prove to Ethan that I 'had owner', and I haven't approved the attitude that caught me off guard, but would make no scandal there, so I absorbed. I bowed my head, avoiding looking him in the eyes, and walked away disappointed but hiding it with a lot of class.

Ethan waited bland next to the door, avoiding looking at us, and as I walked up to him I dismissed the receptionist, thanking for the attention, and entering the room accompanied by my friend.

______________________________________________

AVI's P.O.V

I'm not afraid to admit how much I loathe Ethan. It's clear that the involvement he and my wife had are now in the past, but he seems to have never overcome that. Constantly trying to flirt with Alice, getting too close, forcing a friendship that is not the same... Ali has always insisted that this was all jealous, until gradually he became more inconvenient. She asked me to pick her up at work because she didn't want to be alone with him, and I obviously obeyed. I still remember seeing him trying to touch on her waist that day, and how Ali's hand slapped him with fury. I wanted to punch that bastard, but knew how much my wife would hate me for bringing something personal to her job. He didn't see me, but I remember very well what he did, and I'm sure he's aware that I somehow knew.

And now I was there, sitting on a couch, stomping on the floor, resting my chin in hands, waiting for Alice, who was alone with him in a room, not remembering the nonsense about Ethan, and happy to acknowledge him. I was sure that at least twenty minutes had passed since that office's door closed. I couldn't think of how many times I wanted to drop that entry and take away Ali. What if he was advancing on her?

I got up immediately when I saw the two leave the room laughing, pushing each other playfully, and making internal jokes. Ugh, asshole.

- See you tomorrow! - Ethan said, waving at my wife and then looking at me, dismantling the smile and putting his hands on his waist, showing tension.

- See ya! - Ali replied walking away with a smile, passing me and gesturing for us to continue walking, coldly.

We walked in silence, leaving the company around and following up the car quietly. I judged it was best not to ask her about the last words directed to Ethan because she clearly was not ok. Alice was serious, avoiding looking at me, holding the vision fixed on the ground. Once inside the vehicle, I questioned:

- What happened? - I looked at her after putting the belt.

- We'll talk at home - she gave me a quick look, turning her attention to the street. I nodded confused and walked quietly.

The silence was extremely uncomfortable. I still had in my head what Ethan had told her when she left the room. 'See you tomorrow'? How so? They had planned a company meeting to discuss the Ali's job? Why she hadn't said anything until now? What did they talk about? I looked now and then to my wife, filled with extreme desire to ask about it, but she didn't seem to have the mood to talk yet.

We walked up the stairs still silent, but it was getting too childish. As soon Alice walked through the door, I locked the entrance and called:

- Alice... - I turned her gently by the arm.

- Why did you do that? - she crossed her arms and asked quietly, looking at me with sorrow.

- Did what? - ok, I knew what she was talking about.

- Avi, I'm forgetful, not stupid. - she frowned, letting her arms fall, turning her back to me and walked into the living room, with gross steps.

- Alice you think you know him, but you know only what he was five years ago! This bastard is playing on you constantly and tried to touch you! - I followed her, raising my voice, gesticulating wildly in the air. She turned to me, shaking her head, reaching for the volume of my complaint.

- If you don't trust him, just trust me! - she launched the cry in the air and I cringed. - Avriel, maybe I 'know you' a little while and you imagine that I have no respect or feelings for you. Ok , think like that! But if you know me or know who I was when you first talked to me, you know that I respect myself, and will respect the vow I made ​​when I promised to honor you at the altar! - every word that echoed from her lips made ​​me feel stupid and ungrateful. I now looked at her with tears in my eyes and a clamor for an apology. - Never, EVER use me as an object for your personal fight with someone else! If you want to discuss with Ethan, go ahead, but don't put me in the middle as a utility to provoke anger or envy on him! Never! - with this she composed herself, looking at the floor thrilled, and ridding the hair elastic. - God, I hate yelling... - she whispered.

- I know... - I muttered, approaching me. - I'm sorry... - I searched her eyes, redeeming me, and touching her hand. She gently pulled away, airing her head and walking to the bedroom.

- It's okay... I need to rest. - she opened the bedroom door, and I agreed lowering my head until I heard my name. - Avi... I'm having lunch with Ethan tomorrow. - she looked at me seriously, and I remained without reaction, looking back. With this, Alice closed the door and locked herself in the room.

I felt terrible.

-

@Sebastian_Foxx saved the day again :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.4K 2.1K 10
CC : @craziest24 ❤️ What happens when bride and groom both runaway from their wedding??? What their stars have store for them? Separation or union?? ...
17.1K 954 31
What will you do when something which is your is not yours anymore? One forgotten promise.. One who remember. One who forget. Heart Break. Betrayal. ...
24.7K 1.2K 42
Something happens to Pentatonix that leaves the group with numerous injuries, Mitch's being the worst. What happens when Mitch distances himself from...
907 74 22
"Baby, I hate that you lost your memory. I hate that you forgot what happened. But if you looked me in the eye now and if I told you what really happ...