𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐥𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧 𝐏�...

Galing kay erubescere

UNDER HEAVY EDITING (Edited chapters will have gifs at the beginning of them to signal that they have been e... Higit pa

⎡preface⎦
⎡i; 1⎦
⎡2⎦
⎡3⎦
⎡4⎦
⎡5⎦
⎡6⎦
⎡7⎦
⎡8⎦
⎡9⎦
⎡10⎦
⎡11⎦
⎡12⎦
⎡ii; 13⎦
⎡14⎦
⎡15⎦
⎡16⎦
⎡17⎦
⎡18⎦
⎡19⎦
⎡20⎦
⎡21⎦
⎡22⎦
⎡23⎦
⎡iii; 24⎦
⎡25⎦
⎡26⎦
⎡27⎦
⎡28⎦
⎡29⎦
⎡30⎦
⎡31⎦
⎡32⎦
⎡33⎦
⎡34⎦
⎡35⎦
⎡36⎦
⎡iv; 37⎦
⎡38⎦
⎡39⎦
⎡40⎦
⎡41⎦
⎡42⎦
⎡43⎦
⎡44⎦
⎡45⎦
⎡46⎦
⎡47⎦
⎡48⎦
⎡49⎦
⎡50⎦
⎡51⎦
⎡52⎦
⎡53⎦
⎡54⎦
⎡55⎦
⎡56⎦
⎡57⎦
⎡58⎦
⎡59⎦
⎡60⎦
⎡61⎦
⎡v; 62⎦
⎡63⎦
⎡64⎦
⎡65⎦
⎡66⎦
⎡67⎦
⎡68⎦
⎡69⎦
⎡70⎦
⎡71⎦
⎡72⎦
⎡vi; 73⎦
⎡74⎦
⎡75⎦
⎡76⎦
⎡77⎦
⎡78⎦
⎡79⎦
⎡80⎦
⎡81⎦
⎡vii; 82⎦
⎡83⎦
⎡85⎦
⎡86⎦
⎡87⎦
⎡88⎦
⎡89⎦
⎡90⎦
⎡91⎦
⎡92⎦
⎡93⎦
⎡94⎦
⎡95⎦
⎡96⎦
⎡97⎦
⎡98⎦
⎡viii; 99⎦
⎡100⎦
⎡101⎦
⎡102⎦
⎡103⎦
⎡104⎦
⎡105⎦
⎡106⎦
⎡107⎦
⎡108⎦
⎡bonus chapter; 109⎦
⎡epilogue; 110⎦

⎡84⎦

39.8K 869 311
Galing kay erubescere

There were shrieks and screams as people began to make their way out of the scene. Then there was chaos. Death Eaters in dark cloaks and masks, descended into the crowd, taking down anyone they could see. I ran to where Harry was in Lupin's grasp and pulled him by the arm to where Hermione and Ron had collided. Hermione reached out her hand. I caught hold of Hermione's free arm and felt her turn on the spot. Sight and sound were extinguished as darkness pressed in upon me. All I could feel was Hermione's hand and Harry's as we were squeezed through space and time, away from the Burrow and away from the descending Death Eaters.

A horn blared as a double-decker bus careened within inches of Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I. We backed up against the rail breathing heavily.

Hermione led the way. She rushed down the city street, us following at her heels. There was a strange bear dressed up in a soldier costume asking if I wanted a tour. Instead, I wanted to scream.

"Where are we?" I asked looking around at the large screens and street vendors. I was so confused.

"Shaftesbury Avenue. I used to come to the theaters here with Mum and Dad," Hermione explained. "I don't know why I thought of it. It just popped into my head. This way."

Hermione led us down a dark alleyway. She opened up her purse. "We need to change."

We walked over to the side of the alley. I gave Harry my purse as I stuck my hand in it, so I was shoulder deep. I pulled out pairs of jeans, T-shirts, and some light overcoats handing them to Harry as I took them out.

"How the ruddy... ?" Ron was astonished.

"Undetectable Extension Charm," I said. "Hermione taught me. Incredible she is."

"You're amazing, you are," Ron complimented.

"Always the tone of surprise." She gave her bag a slight shake, and there was a loud echoing noise of heavy objects as if something had fallen. "Ah. That'll be the books."

"When did you do all this?" Harry asked as I put my jeans on under my dress.

"We've had the essentials packed for days, you know, in case we needed to make a quick getaway," I answered. Harry handing me his bundled-up robes. Using my magic, I turned my dress into a t-shirt, then put on a coat. We moved back up the side street and onto the main road again, where we passed a night café.

"This will do, in here!" Hermione said, guiding us into the place. A light layer of grease lay on all the Formica-topped tables, but it was at least empty. We slipped into the seats, and Ron sat next to Hermione, Harry next to me. I had my back to the entrance and did not like it: I glanced over my shoulder so frequently so I must have appeared to have had a twitch.

"What about the people at the wedding?" Harry asked. "Do you think we should go back?"

"They were after you, mate. We'd put everyone in danger going back." Ron said.

"Ron's right." Hermione agreed.

The gum-chewing waitress shuffled over. She had weird things in her ears connecting them to a small device she pocketed. "Ahem. Coffee?"

"A cappuccino, please." Hermione ordered.

Ron and I looked at each other both thinking, The fuck is that?!

"Mm, you?" the waitress looked towards Ron. He didn't know what to say.

"We'll have what she said," I pointed to the two of us and nodded at Hermione.

"Same," Harry said when she looked at him. She turned on her heel and walked to the back.

"So where do we go from here? The Leaky Cauldron?" Ron asked.

I shook my head. "It's too dangerous. If Voldemort has taken over the Ministry, none of the old places are safe. Everyone from the wedding will have gone underground, into hiding."

"My rucksack. With all my things. I left it back at the Burrow." Harry said as he realized his possessions were gone. I shook my head looking down at my purse. Harry pointed at it. "You're joking."

The front door opened behind me, and two workmen entered. They glanced idly at us as they stepped to the counter in sync.

"I told you, Harry, I've had the essentials packed for days. Just in case." I said

"By the way, these jeans? Not my favorite." Ron complained.

"DOWN!" Harry screamed. I looked up at the two men in the front with wands pointed at us. I ducked down under another table as they shot their spells, causing the table to explode. Harry was on his feet in no time. "Stupefy!"

A jet of red light hits the biggest Death Eater straight in the face, and he crumpled instantly to the ground. Harry shot another spell at the remaining Death Eater. I watched as he crawled behind the counter. When he stood up, Ron, Hermione, and I were ready. We all stood up and shot our spells. He ducked just in time. He jumped up again, shooting at Hermione again. She ducked and screamed, "Petrificus Totalus!"

The Death Eater fell sideways like a statue, to land with a crunching thud on the mess of broken china, table, and coffee. The waitress opened the door from the back. She looked at the body and at the mess around her.

"Go. Leave." Hermione demanded. The waitress did as she was told without a complaint and rushed out. We all stood up.

"Lock the door, get the lights," Harry instructed.

I turned towards the door, "Colloportus." The door locked with a click. Hermione walked over to the windows and pulled down the blinds Ron used the Deluminator to plunge the café into darkness.

Harry walked over to the bodies on the floor. He stopped in front of one of them. "This one's name is Rowle. He was on the Astronomy Tower the night Snape killed Dumbledore."

"This is Dolohov," informed Ron. "I recognize him from the wanted posters. So what we gonna do with you, eh? Kill us if it was turned round, wouldn't you?"

"If we kill them, they'll know we were here," I said.

Hermione eyed him uneasily. "Ron... "

"Suppose he did Mad-Eye. How would you feel then?" he asked.

"It's better we wipe their memories," said Harry.

"You're the boss." Ron turned to Hermione. "Hermione?" She turned to look at him. He reached out and wiped a trickle of blood from her cheek. "You're the best at spells."

Slowly, Hermione walked up to the Death Eater. Shakily, she pointed her wand at Dolohov. Her arm was trembling. She took a deep, calming breath, then steadied her wand and said, "Obliviate."

At once, Dolohov's eyes became unfocused and dreamy as all of his memories washed away.

"Brilliant!" said Harry, clapping her on the back. "Take care of the other one while Ron, Hazel, and I clear up."

"Clear up?" asked Ron, looking around at the partly destroyed café. "Why?"

"Don't you think they might wonder what's happened if they wake up and find themselves in a place that looks like it's just been bombed?" I asked.

"Oh right, yeah . . . " Ron struggled for a moment before managing to extract his wand from his pocket.

"It's no wonder I can't get it out, Hermione, you packed my old jeans, they're tight."

"Oh, I'm so sorry," hissed Hermione as she prepared a table.

"Ron, just stick it up your ass and deal with it alright?!" I exclaimed.

Once the cafe was restored to its previous condition, we heaved the Death Eaters back into their booth and propped them up facing each other. I walked over to the café door, pointing my wand. "Alohomora." It unlocked with a click sound. Ron clicked the Deluminator to release the café's light. We left the café after that, rushing down the streets of London.

"How is it they knew we were there?" Harry asked.

"Maybe you still have the Trace on you," Hermione pondered.

"Can't be. The Trace breaks at seventeen. It's Wizarding law. You can't put it on an adult," I said.

Abruptly Hermione stopped. The rest of us turned and looked back.

"What?" Ron asked.

"We didn't celebrate your birthday, Harry. Ginny, Hazel, and I, we prepared a cake. We were going to bring it out at the end of the wedding," Hermione was saddened.

"Hermione. Honestly, I appreciate the thought but given the fact that we were almost killed by a couple of Death Eaters a few minutes ago." A Muggle man ran past.

"Right." Hermione sighed. "Perspective."

"We've got to get off the streets, get somewhere safe," Ron said.

"I have an idea," Harry replied. "Grimmauld Place."

We walked to a dark, empty alleyway and grabbed hands, vanishing into the compressing darkness once more. Seconds later my lungs expanded gratefully, and I opened my eyes, We were now standing in the middle of a familiar small and shabby square. Tall, dilapidated houses looked down on them from every side. We stood outside number Twelve checking that we were not being followed or observed. Harry tapped his wand on the weathered surface. We heard a series of metallic clicks and the clatter of a chain, as the building appeared. Then the door swung open with a creak, and we raced up the stone steps, over the threshold.

Ron closed the door behinds us, setting the gas lamps to spring to life, illuminating a narrow cobwebbed hallway. We glanced about; then Harry took a step forward. Something shifted in the shadows at the end of the hall, rising from the carpet. A pile of dust began to swirl and create a gray figure. Its waist-length hair and beard streaming behind it, its face sunken, fleshless, with empty eye sockets: Horribly familiar, dreadfully altered, it raised a wasted arm, pointing at us. It was Dumbledore, but a ghostly, worm-eaten, Dumbledore. A corpse come to life, gliding towards us, faster and faster, with its outstretched hand. He was inches apart when Hermione and I screamed and backed up. Before it could touch us, the dust Dumbledore exploded, swirling like mist in the corridor, drifting back to the carpet.

"What was that about?" Ron asked with wide, fearful eyes.

"Probably Mad-eye's idea. In case Snape decided to come snooping," replied Hermione. She inched forwards and pointed her wand down the hall. "Homenum revelio."

Nothing happened. She put her wand back at her side.

"We're alone." 

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

4.4M 152K 114
COMPLETED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ❝ 𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮. ❞ ❝ 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧. 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟. ❞ - updates almos...
15.9K 300 37
||| COMPLETED ||| - SPICYish (at times) - 🤰🏻Celina washes up at Hogwarts after a freak boating accident.Dumbledore believes she is here for a reas...
20.1K 703 45
"𝙒𝙚'𝙫𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙘𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙥𝙪𝙩 𝙤𝙣 𝙖 𝙢𝙖𝙨𝙠, 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙜𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙙." "𝘼𝙩 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙄 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚...
13.2K 292 12
𝐀 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐨 𝐌𝐚𝐥𝐟𝐨𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧, 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮�...