Better. [e.d]

By euphoricdolan

Elena moves into a house with a group of people for university. What happens when she falls in love with the... More

p r o l o g u e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t w o
continue writing?
Shall I come back?

o n e

28.5K 503 1.1K
By euphoricdolan

Chapter 1: Introduction

Elena's POV:

UNIVERSITY. FINALLY! The next four years are going to be so amazing. I'm moving into a shared house with like five other people and I'm really pumped to become close with all of them.

I'm also finally getting to move away from my parents and my annoying little sister, Bree.

"Aw, I'm going to miss you girls so much," my mom cried out as she pulled me and my best friend, Ava, into a tight embrace. "We're gonna miss you too mom," I laughed as we tried our best to pull away from the hug but struggled since she had been holding us so tightly. "Okay mom, that's enough," I said as we continued to struggle out of her grip before she finally let us go.

We then said goodbye to Ava's parents and got into the cab that was waiting beside us.

"I'm so glad your cousin is letting us stay at the house with her and her friends!" I say to Ava. "Yeah, well two of the people that lived there last year graduated so she needed some others to take their place."

Once we finally arrived at the house, we quickly got out and grabbed our things.

"Holy shit, this house is huge," I mumble. "I know right!"

We walk up to the front door and ring the bell. We were greeted by Ava's cousin, Maya. "Elena, Ava!" She cheered and pulled us into a hug. I've known Maya just as long as I've known Ava, so since I was about 6 years old. Ava and I were neighbors and went to school together. She's always been my best friend and she will always be. Maya and Ava are very close cousins. Maya would be at Ava's house all the time so that's how Maya and I got close.

"I'm so excited for you guys to live with us, you guys are gonna have so much fun here!" Maya said and pulled away.

"Ava, long time no see!" A tall attractive guy that walked up from behind Maya cheered. "Hey man, I've missed you!" She says and pulled him into a hug. They pull away and he looks at me. He had dark brown hair and brown eyes. His jawline was very defined and he was pretty buff.

"And you must be Elena," he says and smiles at me. "Yup," I smile back. "Well, I'm Grayson and I'm going to be one of your roommates for the next few years." "It's nice to meet you, Grayson," I smile. "Well come on in guys, it's time to introduce you to everyone," he says as him and Maya step aside. We walk in and Maya leads us down the hall into the living room. My jaw dropped at the sight. This house is so beautiful, and it's like the size of a mansion.

The floors were white marble and the walls were a dark beige/brown colour. The couch in the living room was big and brown with comfy chairs around it and a coffee table in the middle of them.

"How the hell did you guys afford this place?" I asked. Well, mine and Maya's dad are two of the biggest builders here in LA, so they built this house for us as a 'congratulations on getting into university' gift," Grayson said as he wrapped his arm around Maya. "So you guys just got a free house as a gift?" "Well, we still have to pay for the mortgage and the bills," Maya said. "They're so lucky. I mean, all I got was a pat on the back and books for school," a boy that was sitting on the couch in the living room said. We let out a little chuckle and he walked over to us and introduced himself.

"I'm Evan, the most attractive one living here," he said and stuck out his hand for me to shake. "Also the one that still can't get laid," A girl said from the top of the stairs as she walked down towards us. "Oh shut up Sav, when was the last time you had a guy up in your room that you didn't have to pay for?" Evan responded causing Grayson to laugh. The girl gave them both death stares before introducing herself.

"Hi, I'm Savannah, the one that doesn't still act like a pre-teen," she smiled. "I'm Elena." "And I'm Ava, Maya's cousin," Ava said.

"YO E, COME DOWN AND INTRODUCE YOURSELF!" Grayson yelled.

"This house is so beautiful," I say as I continue to admire it. "It really is, I'm in love with it already," Ava said.

We then see a guy running down the stairs and towards us. He runs a hand through his messy and pulls out keys from his back pocket. Woah.

He was tall with dark brown hair and eyes. He looked a lot like Grayson, but he was hotter.

He walked right past us and towards the door.

"Uh, are you going to introduce yourself?" Grayson asked him as we all turned to face the guy. "I'm Ethan, Grayson's twin brother," the guy said and opened the front door. "Where are you going?" Grayson asked. "Out." "Aren't you going to stay and get to know our new roommates?" He asks. "Nope," Ethan says before shutting the door.

"Well, that's Ethan for you," Evan said. "Yeah... sorry about him, he's been going through some stuff lately," Grayson said. "Yeah, he used to be completely different but something happened and he changed," Savannah added. "What happened?" I asked. "I don't know if I should be the one telling you. Once Ethan gets close to you, he'll tell you. "That's if he gets close to you. He hasn't let anyone else into his life since what happened," Evan says.

"Well, I'll show you guys to your rooms. Boys bring their bags," Maya said as we followed her up the stairs. We walked into one of the rooms and it was just as beautiful as the rest of the house.

"Well, this is your room, Elena!" Maya said as Grayson set down my bags. "You can put all your stuff away and then meet us downstairs for the rest of the tour. I nodded and they all left.

I walked over to the bed and laid on it for a few seconds. I sat up and saw I had a terrace outside of my room. I open the glass door and admired the view from the terrace. I looked over to my left and saw there was another glass door. I looked through the glass door to see another bedroom. So I guess this is a shared terrace with someone else in this house.

I went back to the room and decided to put my clothes away in the closet.

*

Once I finished, I went downstairs into the living room. "So, to celebrate our new roommates, how about we go out for dinner tonight?" Evan suggested. "You're only suggesting that cause today's your day to cook dinner," Savannah said. "Do you really think I'm that lazy?" Evan asked. "We know you're lazy." "I think it's a good idea," Maya says. "Alright, where should we go?" Savannah asked. "THE PIZZA KITCHEN!" Grayson cheered. "Gray, we go there all the time," Maya whined. "Let's go to Catch it's like 20 minutes," Savannah says. "You guys cool with that?" Maya asks Ava and I. "Yeah, yeah, let's go," Ava say.  "Wait, shouldn't we wait for Ethan?" I ask. "He won't wanna come," Grayson says. "You got that right," we heard from behind us. We turned around to see Ethan. He and I made eye contact as he walked towards the stairs. I looked away from his gaze and he walked up the stairs.

"Alright, let's go in my car," Grayson said and we all headed towards the door.

*

Tonight was great. I got to know everyone a lot better at dinner. They were all so welcoming, I can already tell how close we're all going to be.

Once we had got back from dinner, we all relaxed and watched a movie. That is, all but Ethan.

I need to know what happened to him, why is he the way he is. What made him like this?

[A/N: Ayeee first chapter!! I really hope you guys continue reading this fanfic, I promise it'll be good ahah.

- Sorry for the lack of ethan in this chapter, it won't be like this for long.

- I'm still debating whether I should keep my chapters like this or make them shorter. I'll be able to update more often if they're this length but if they're longer I can't update as often.

- ANYWAYS, comment what you guys think about this so far!!]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.3K 412 29
[inspired by to all the boys ive loved before] Ethans girlfriend broke up with him , Ethan was so devasted so he turned to his girl bestfriend and as...
687 8 26
Julie is a normal girl, she moved to LA when she lost everything she had in her old life... Things go perfectly until she stumbles upon YouTube famo...
110K 1.8K 38
A girl gets a job as a doctor in a prison They gave her Grayson Dolan because they were both 20 A change will happen in her life so Grayson is going...
288K 10.5K 23
in which a girl is in an abusive relationship caused by the death of her boyfriends twin brother - best rankings so far: #3 in fanfiction #6 in youtu...