Divergent High: College Life

By annaeliza247

➽Sequel to Divergent High. I suggest that you read the first one before you read this. ➽It's been two years s... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
fourty-seven
fourty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
hey guys!

thirty-nine

1.4K 36 18
By annaeliza247

"You're gonna lose," I say as Tobias and I run down the stairs to the basement.

"No, I think you're gonna lose. I'm the master at ping pong," he replies as we reach the bottom step.

"Um, aren't we forgetting who won the tournament during winter break? Sorry boo, that was me." The first week that we were home for Christmas, the whole gang had a ping pong tournament. None of us left the basement for four hours, and when we did, I came out as champion.

"I've gotten a lot better since then."

"Oh, sure," I respond sarcastically.

"I have!" he defends.

"And I believe you, you're just not gonna beat me," I say matter of factly.

"Well see about that," he says as we walk over to the ping pong table.

A half an hour and a ping pong game later, I come out as winner just like I said I would.

"I was going easy on you," Tobias says.

"You never take it easy on me," I respond, walking to him and wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Are you sure about that?" he asks with a silly smile.

"Uh huh," I say, returning the smile.

"Fine, I didn't let you win," Tobias says, giving in. My smile grows wider and he laughs at how childish it probably looks. "You're such a weirdo."

"Not as weird as you," I reply, pecking his lips and sprinting up the stairs. He chases after me, and I run all around the main level before dashing upstairs.

Tobias is right on my heels, but I make it into my room first and try to shut the door. He gets there before I close it all the way though, and sweeps me off my feet. I get placed on the bed, and Tobias starts to tickle me.

"Ahh," I screech while laughing. "Tobias–" I squirm as he continues to tickle me, "stop!" He does as I say, stopping and climbing on top of me. "You know I hate being tickled!" I laugh and lightly punch his arm. He just has a devilish smirk on his face as he tickles my side once more. I wriggle a bit and push him off of me and onto the bed. Tobias pulls me to him and I frown.

"Oh come on, you don't hate being ticked that much," he says to me, kissing my cheek.

I look the other way. "Whatever."

"Hey," he responds, grabbing my chin and making me look at him,"I love you, sweetheart."

The sweet and goofy nicknames never fail to make me smile. "I love you too."
✄ ✄ ✄ ✄ ✄

I walk out of the bathroom with a towel around my body while trying to wrap another one around my hair. When I finally do, I notice a bluish-grayish dress and some brown heeled sandals laying on the bed with a note. I smile to myself as I pick up the note and open it.

Happy 6th anniversary! I hope you like the dress and shoes. Christina said you would but you know I don't trust her. I'll see you at the bean in Millennium Park at five. I love you!
-Tobias

He is literally the best thing I could ever ask for. I looked at the dress again, and saw that it plunged and has a crossing back. Tobias never buys clothes for me, so Christina has to be behind this whole outfit.

I dry off and put on some underwear, wondering if I should wear a bra or not with this dress. I decide not to, because the plunge is so low, and there's a bit of padding on the dress. I slip the dress on and then blow dry and my and loosely curl it. I then do my makeup very naturally, and put on some jewelry.

I glance towards the clock to see that it's 4:48, and I should probably get going if I want to get to Millennium Park by five. I grab my purse from my chair and sprint down the stairs.

"Bye guys! I'll be back in a few hours!" I yell as I walk out to my car.

"C'mon baby," I say to my car after I climb in and put the keys into the ignition. The engine roars after the third try and I sigh. My car's been having some difficulties these past few weeks.

I turn up the radio as I back out of the driveway and I drive to Millennium Park.

I start to think of Tobias and I's relationship and how far we've come and how far we can still go. You know, six years really isn't anything special, it's not five, where it's half a decade, or ten where it is a decade, but six years is a long time. I have no idea where I'd be if I hadn't spent these six years with Tobias. He is absolutely everything to me.

When I get to Millennium Park, Tobias and I walk around for about an hour before going to dinner. After we get seated and the waitress takes our orders, he takes my hand and starts rubbing the back of it with his thumb.

"Are you excited to start teaching on Wednesday?" Tobias asks.

"It's only student teaching, but yeah. I'm really excited," I respond. "Are you sad that baseball's over pretty soon?"

"Uh huh," he answers. "I didn't really get into it this season though so I can't wait to start up again in March."

"I bet."

Our food comes out quickly after that, so we eat and continue to talk and laugh.

"Hey, what does a nosy pepper do?" Tobias questions as I take a bite of my pasta.

"I don't know, what does a nosy pepper do?" I respond after swallowing.

"It gets jalapeño business," he answers, laughing. I burst out laughing and then cover my mouth.

"That's so stupid."

"I know, that's why it's funny," Tobias admits.

Later, after we've both finished dinner and desert was on its way, Tobias grabbed both my hands. A wide smile appeared on his face and I couldn't help but return a smile.

Tobias took something out of his pocket and set it on the table. It was a small box, but it wasn't small enough to be a ring box (A/N: I know what y'all were thinkin😂). There's a red ribbon tied around the black box that's about as big as my palm and pretty thin. He slid the box towards me and I just stared at him quizzically.

"Open it," Tobias says, staring back at me. I smile again and untie the ribbon. He watches me with a smile on his face as I slowly open the box. Inside, there's a single little key laying in the middle. It takes me a minute to understand what the key is for, but when I do I can't control my excitement.

"Tobias Eaton, you did not buy us an apartment," I say. "Tell me you didn't."

"Well, I can't do that, cause then I'd be lying," he responds. My mouth breaks into a smile as wide as the ocean.
✄ ✄ ✄ ✄ ✄
Tobias's jacket hangs over my shoulders as we walk from the restaurant to our new apartment. I want to sprint there, but I don't know where it is exactly, so I just walk beside Tobias.

"You're gonna love it," he says grinning down at me.

"I'm sure I will," I reply.

Tobias then turns to a beautiful building and walks through the front doors. He waves at the doorman and I give him a smile. Tobias walks to the elevator and presses the button saying, "12". I bounce a little on the way up, anxious for whatever's up there.

When the elevator comes to a stop, we walk out, and Tobias turns left, our connected hands pulling me along with him. He stops in front of apartment 1247.

"Would you like to do the honors?" Tobias asks and I nod my head eagerly. I take my key out of Tobias's coat pocket and put it in the lock. I twist it, and it opens automatically.

"Ha, it's so much better then the one in Arizona," I say laughing.

"That's what I was thinking too," he jokes.

I push the door all the way open then, and I'm greeted with an empty living room. It's beautiful even without furniture and decor. I then walk through the kitchen which is mostly open to the living room. Then to the hallway with what I assume in a regular bedroom on the right and a bathroom on the left. The master is at the end of the hall, with beautiful double door leading in. The bedroom has gigantic windows that show you all of Chicago. My favorite part is probably the master bathroom though, with gorgeous dark gray floor tiles, white tiles in the shower and bathtub, and marble countertops like the kitchen.

"Do you like it?" Tobias asks, leaning on the bathroom doorframe, watching me act like a giddy child.

"No," I answer, smiling, "I love it." He wraps his arms around my waist and I wrap mine around his neck as he lifts me up and spins me around. When my feet are back on the ground, Tobias presses his lips to mine.

God, I love him.
❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁
A/N: hello guys! How's it going for y'all? Omg I have a week and a half till spring break and I'm freaking out. Well actually only a week cause I'm leaving 3 days early.
Club volleyball just ended last week and I'm sad but happy at the same time. There's people that we're on my team that I'm definitely gonna miss and there's others that I won't miss at all. So on Sunday, the day of our last tournament, I found out that the girl that subs in for me doesn't like me. Doesn't matter, I don't really care, but it's because she says I'm the "coaches favorite". This girl probably came to half of the practices and all the ones she went to, she was like at least 10 mins late AND SHE STILL GOT TO PLAY ALL OF THE TIME. Plus, she never, ever, listened to our coach and I also heard from one of my closer friends on my team that this one girl called my coach a bitch. So sorry if I'm the "coaches favorite" because I showed up to every practice on time(okay there was this one time when I forgot my shoes but we're not talking about that rn), I listen to brook(our coach) I DONT COMPLAIN EVERY FUCKING MINUTE, I'm nice and polite, and oh yeah, I didn't call our coach a bitch. Sorry guys, just had to get that off my chest. You know, I should really have a rant book. How many of you would read that?🙋🏻😂
Alrighty, I love you guys sm💓💓💓
-Аɴɴɑ🤘🏼🍍💜😋🌧🤷🏻‍♀️😱🍒🏐✈️🎈🏝

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22K 469 33
A Divergent fanficion In this fanfiction, Tris and Tobias meet in Abnegation. The basic plot of Divergent, Tris transferring to Dauntless and her and...
68K 1.8K 56
Tris is Zeke and Uriah's little sister. Zeke is 19, Uriah is 18, and Tris is 17. (I know that in the book Uriah is her age but not in my story) What...
93.7K 1.2K 24
Have you ever wondered what Divergent would be like if told by the character of Tobias Eaton? What would be his views of the Dauntless initiation? Wh...
17.9K 515 19
This story follows the characters from Divergent as if they were in college. The main characters are Tris, Tobias, Shauna, Zeke, Uriah, Marlene, Lynn...