young justice: Aftermath

By justice121

More

young justice: Aftermath
Chapter Two: The Raid

Chapter One: The Tower

60 2 2
By justice121

(Superboy's POV)

The Fourth punching bag took it's time to hit the ground. I looked around and realized they were all there now. " You know I think youre losing you're touch" said my soon to be wife.

"How long have you been standing there babe" I asked as I wiped my head of sweat.

She smirked and responded"Oh you know just hangin around"she looked down and then back up almost instantly " do you think they would want us to get married you know the others".

"Wow right off the bat today, we've been over this numerous times Artemis, Rocket, and BB would be ecstatic we're husband and wife to be". I looked at my fiance she didnt look any happier than she did before. I walked over to her and finished " Miss M'ghan Morez when I asked you to marry me you did not need to say yes, but you did because you belived that although everyone we have faught so hard to stay with us have left you knew you love me and that i love you so can we please stop talking about the past and have some fun". She looked into my eyes and I looked into hers.

Then she started to laugh " Duh hello megan, Aqualad wanted to see us at the new place"

"Our new home FINALLY, did we remember to pack everything".

"Yep, even our fridge is now in the moving van".

"Sweet, letsa go" and like that we were off, me even leaving the punching bags destroyed on the ground.

(Aquagirl's POV) approximatly 1 Hour later

"Hello there, sleep well" said Kaldur'ahm other known as Aqualad and one of my best friends.

"Oh shut up you know I didn't" I responded. I said it sarcasticaly but honestly since I had miraculously come back to life I had been having nightmares almost every night, my guess it was a side effect but Kaldur suggested the very important fact that everything is connected.

"Oh yeah sorry should'nt have braught it up"he answered.

"It's fine, and by the way thanks for coming in and sleeping with me, Garth hasn't done that since I um, came back" I looked up at Kaldur and noticed he was smiling at me.

"Any time"

"So I have been here for almost 3 months and I still have no idea what happened to all of the heroes" I said attempting to start a conversation.

"Don't worry you will soon enough". A tear came to his eye, I realized I had never really seen Kaldur cry. I suppose he did when I died but for obvious reasons I was not there." I'm sorry I dont usually do this" he continued," it's just a very touchy subject".

I walked up to him " you have nothing to be sorry about I shouldn't have braught it up". I now noticed how close we were, any closer and we would be one person. Then he started coming closer and I glladly let him until we were rudly interrupted by my boyfriend.

"Hey the first guests have arri umm, did you guys like sleep together" said Tempest other known as my boyfriend and Kaldur's best friend. I looked around and luckily only Kaldur was under the covers but that would still be a hard lie to come up with.

"Dont be jealous just yet, Aqualad here just came in to make sure I was okay".

"Then why is he the one under the covers"Garth said with a questioningly look.

"Oh come on dont tell me your not cold"

" Yeah I guess, anyhow Kid Flash 2 and Robin are almost here so let's get ready" Tempest suggested obviously still on edge.

"I'm coming" Kaldur looked at me "talk to you later".He left leaving me to my new room. I hadn't really looked at it since last night and even then it was just small glances. The door was right across from my bed which was located on the center of the far wall. On the right wall was the closet which held maybe five pairs of clothes if I was lucky. Then on the left wall was two cupboards that could come out of the wall when I came to be a certain distance from them. The room only had one other object in it and it didn't take more than three seconds to see it. Right behind the bed was a painting of Aquaman. Aqualad said that each room had a painting of it's residents previous mentor. To Aqualad and Tempest it meant somthing important, but to me all it was was a picture of my old king, the same king that left a random group of kids to finish his fight.

I changed into a white spaghetti strap and blue skirt. Kaldur would say I look pretty. "Kaldur" I whispered, the same guy who never said he loved me until it was to late. Kaldur was hot I'll be the first to say it but I had limited myself to Garth and would never leave him. But, I thought to myself, what if I dont love him.

"TULA YOUR'E LATE, THEY'RE HERE" shouted Oricle over the loud speaker.I left my room and walked to the elevator. The hall wasn't long but it felt like I was walking forever. Once I reached the elavator I hesitated before entering. It was small, 5 people max could fit in. But that wasn't why I wouldn't go in. I would have to talk to Tempest, and obviously if i'm saying my boyfriend's super hero name instead of his normal atlantean name we had problems. He could barely look at me and the only person I wanted to be looking at was Kaldur (who I was actually calling by name). I walked into the elevetator.

"Get over yourself" I said out loud. I felt kind of embarassed but remembered noone was here. In the end I decided to push the button with the G (ground floor).

I walked out just as Oricle shouted "YOUR'E LATE", again over the loud loudspeakers.

(Superboy's POV)

"Omg, can you belive this, I havn't been this happy since you proposed" M'ghan was shouting. She had been doing this the whole drive there. We had left the bioship and Sphere with Kaldur so those modes of transportation were out of the picture.

Guardian looked back at Miss Martian and chuckled, "Yeah me and Karen are super excited to be staying at the new tower too". Me and my best friend Mal Duncan (Guardian) were sitting in the front seat of his VolksWagen Jetta, M'ghan sat in the back and was finding weird ways to occupy herself. Mal's girlfriend Karen Breecher had to stay at home because unlike us she forgot to pack. "Oh WOW there it is", Mal said astonished. I looked out my window and saw a huge tower shaped like a T overshadowing the rest of coast city.

"AHHHHHHHHHH" Miss Martian shouted from the back seat. I was covering my ears but in all honesty I was ready to shout to. We enterd the vacant parking lot and almost broke the car door trying to get out so fast. I looked at the front steps where Aqualad, Tempest, Oricle, Aquagirl, Robin, Kid Flash 2, Supergirl, and Ed Dorado all resided, meaning we were the last one's their.

Aqualad had a huge smirk on his face. "What are you smiling at" I said rather rudely.

"Nothing just took you guys long enough, now before you get too comfy we have a guided tour by none other than Barbara Gordan" Aqualad continued smiling.

"So not nothing".

"No"

We began the tour in the lobby which wasn't all that special just a small room leading to a hallway. The hallway lead to an elevator which was extreamly small. We took the elevator in three groups, mine was the second group, I had Oricle and Supergirl with me. We entered the second floor which was actually much higher up than I would have thought. It lead to another hallway, this one had a few doors which Oricle told us were just closets and cabnits. Once we entered the main room all of our jaws dropped, it was a beutiful living room with thousand dollar couches and a flat screen T.V.. On the opposite side of the area from the living room was the kitchen which was just as stunning as the other side. Oricle left Aqualad and Aquagirl to stay in that area while the rest of us went back to the elevator. This time around I was still in the second group but this time with lots more people. Robin, Miss Martian, Ed Dorado, and Tempest all cramped in their with me. We entered the third floor, the first of the two living quarters levels. Me nd Miss M. shared the second room on the right. We put all of our stuff in our rooms and continued on to the forth floor. Nothing special just more bedrooms. We continued to the fifth and final floor.

" That's it, with the height i would have thought their would be more rooms", Impulse said louder than I would have liked.

Oricle wheeled over to him "Oh there are two more levels but that's only for honerary member's" she said.

"Who count's as honerary" Ed Dorado asked her sheepishly.

"Aqualad obviously, me, Tempest, Miss Martian, and Zatana once she gets here".

I felt kinda bad I was the only origional member of the team not on the honerary members list but I got over it pretty quick. "So whats the plan for tonight", Supergirl asked sarcasticly.

"Actually were throwing a little party" Oricle answered suringly. Looking over at Supergirl I noticed she looked extreamly embarassed. "So if you want you can all go get ready for it, because it starts at 8", Oricle finished.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The party was actually much more fun than I thought it would be. Me and Miss. M got to learn alot about what had been happening to the rest of our teamates. Aqualad has been spending a majority of his last year trying and obviously succeding at reestablishing the team. From what I got from Tempest him and Aquagirl have been having relationship problems, but Garth also said he was trying to fix that. Robin mostly just annoyed people and was swinging his swords around, you know usual Damian Wayne stuff. Ed Dorado mostly just fanboyed over the fact that he's finally on the team. And Oricle talked about her awkward long distance love life. After awhile when most had already gone to bed, me and my fiance headed upstaires. "Well that was fun", Miss Martian said trying to break the silence.

"Yeah it was fun, a good change". Me and Miss M got dressed, or undressed I guess and

got into bed. My fiance turned out the lights telepathically and crawled into bed beside me

for the first time at our new home. I wanted to say something but decided against it, I

continued to say nothing even when I fell asleep to her crying.

(Aquagirls POV)

I woke up to a nightmare again. This time I was on a different planet, one made of fire and destruction if I didn't know any better I would even say I was in hell. Eventually after getting run down by demon dogs and almost even getting raped by some black knight I woke up. I didn't scream when I woke up I but I was dripping with sweat. Rubbing my neck I realized how thirsty I am. I exited my bed put on something other than pajama shorts. I left the room and began the expidition to the kitchen.

After the party I figured everyone would've gone to bed but was surprised to find Robin still in the kitchen eating spaghetti. "Hey red-head" he said once I entered the room "what brings you to my special room".

"If theres one room Aqualad would'nt let a six year old have it's the kithen" I responded.

"I'm ten for youre information".

"Whatever floats youre boat".

"No but seriously why are you here".

"Nightmare".

"Oh I got you, me, I just couldn't sleep", Robin exclaimed kind of sadly. Then he said something I really didn't expect "if theres a heaven do you think my dad is there". For most people this wouldn't surprise me, but for the son of batman this made me jump.

"Damian if anyone is in heaven it's youre dad", I said back to him. Honestly I dont personally belive in heaven but if thats what he belives in i'll go along with it. I got out some cereal and milk and poured myself a bowl.

"Thanks I needed that" Robin said back. His voice was quivering and he had tears in his eyes. Although i'd only had one mouthfull of cereal I walked over to the kid and hugged him. He acted like he didn't like it but I could tell he did. He tried to say something but a loud noise started to approuch the living room. Me and damian looked at each other and than back at the room. Finally we started to run and right as entered the hall a large explosian rocked the building, knocking over my bowl of cereal along with alot of less important things.

(Superboy's POV)

The explosian woke everyone up me and miss M woke almost instantly and we walked to the door. I felt my feet start to drag on the blue carpet as I walked to the door. I opened it once I got there, but once I did I realized I shouldn't have. Outside was a very buff, tall man. He lifted a fist and looked as if he was about to punch me but was then knocked over. Impulse stood there instead "sorry wasnt sure if you wanted to get hit or not", he said sarcasticly.

"Oh shut up" I said back.

Aqualad ran over and explained the situation. It wasn't anything we didn't know but it was reasuring to have him here. He asked if anyone knew where Tula was, but we all said we didn't know. We ran to the elevatar and were surprised when it took us to the second floor. When we entered the living room we had to move out of the way becaouse of a flying Mal Duncan coming at us. I went to see if he was okay, he was but was also passed out. I looked where he came flying from and found five more really buff men standing in a destroyed living room. One stood much closer and was the obvious leader although all of them had marks covering their eyes. Miss Martian had turned invisible and was levetating Supergirl into the hall. It was then that I noticed Oricle crawling over to her wheelchair.

"Superboy because your the strongest I want you to take care of the leader, I've got the two to his right and I want Kid Flash 2 to get the two to his left", Aqualad said once we were all in formatian.

I mind linked to Miss Martian and gave her a message "Hun I have a bad feeling about this I want you to take Supergirl and get out of here". She said she wouldn't leave me, but I insisted. She continued to resist untill I looked her way. She mouthed the words I love you and flew into the hallway, she took a left at the intersection instead of taking the elevator.

I looked back at the villains and shuddered. I took about 3 seconds to evaluate the situation before jumping at the enemy. We were somehow at equal strength even though I'm half Kryptonian. We continued to punch each other until I was distracted by Kid Flash 2 knocking over one of the enemies. The enemy knocked me over and continued to punch me untill the only color I could see was red. I looked around and saw the enemy take out both Aqualad and Kid Flash 2 in that order. Luckily I also caught a glimpse of Oricle in her wheelchair closing a secret door I hadn't been told about.

Right before passing out though I heard an interesting conversation. Aqualad went to one knee and asked a question i was sure the men wouldn't answer "who are you".

"We are noone, just the followers of a great leader" said one of them.

Aqualad asked one more question before passing out "who is your leader".

The men laughed exclaiming about how he could'nt even wait one more minute to hear the answer. Than the leader saw me barely awake and walked towards me. "Who do you think our leader is", he asked.

It was then that I noticed the symbol covering his eyes. It was a bat. "Batman" was all I said before passing out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authers note: Sorry it was kind of bad and boring, this was the story chapter next will be the action chapter, but I thought the twist was pretty good, well anyway see you next week!

-N

Continue Reading