The Heart of Nine

By ShadowOfTheDay23

At 17 Mikayla Parker has already had her fair share of shocking events in her life. With her parents leaving... More

The Heart of Nine
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Sixteen

266 11 33
By ShadowOfTheDay23

Dedicated to fictionfanatic for being my 50th fan!! :D

Chapter Sixteen

“Okay guys I could use some help!” I hear Jason yell from downstairs, followed by some fighting and scuffling noises. Dropping my math homework on my bed, I leave Tristan, Alex and Alyssa upstairs in my room.

It’s been about three weeks since I woke up in Tristan’s arms that first Sunday morning. I have to admit, seeing his face first thing in the morning is kind of nice. At first I was kind of confused as to why there was an arm around me and I was unusually warm, but then it turned to giddiness as I realized Tristan was spooning me from behind with an arm around my waist.

After that first day, he pretty much stays over every weekend. He’ll spend Saturday with my brothers and me, along with Alyssa and Alex, and then Saturday night and Sunday it’s just the two of us. Well, until he has to pick up his siblings that is. Apparently, he drops them off with their grandparents every weekend. But of course, when I try to ask more about his family, he’s quick to change the subject.

That seems to be the only issue in our relationship, otherwise we’re still going strong. It’s scary how much this boy has grown on me.  I haven’t even known him for very long, a few months tops, but every day we spend together I find myself falling for him more and more.  

Things at work are super awkward now. That Monday I told Danny that Tristan and I are going out and he still hasn’t gotten over it. I guess it’s better like this than for him to think he still has a chance, but I do miss my happy-go-lucky friend.

I’ve been trying to watch Kim and Nick. It seems like he comes out of her room every morning, but usually I’m too preoccupied to notice. Sometimes I feel like I should take the time to talk to him, but I honestly don’t want to. He’s not as much of a jerk as he was but I still hold some resentment toward him.

Zach’s still hardly ever around, I don’t know what’s gotten into him. On the rare occasion that he his home Jason, Ben, and I try to talk to him but he either gets really mad and leaves again or just draws away from us and more into himself. I don’t want to think of him as a lost cause yet but I don’t know what to do for him.

Anyway, I head downstairs to answer Jason’s call for help only to see him struggling to hold the twins away from each other. The twins, who look very intent on hurting each other in some way, actually have to be restrained by Jason, one in each arm. By the looks of it, he’s about to lose this battle.

I quickly rush over and grab Michael by the shoulders, holding him away from his brother while he struggles to get out of my hold. They’re both yelling things at each other that I can’t understand because they’re both yelling at once.

“Jase, what’s going on?” I ask Jason over the yelling of the two boys.

“I don’t know I was in the living room when they started yelling at each other and when I came over here to see what was wrong they were both going for each other’s throats.” He answers, exasperated.

I pull roughly on Michael’s shoulders and smack the back of his head, “Hey! What the hell is going on?”

He doesn’t say anything, neither does Aaron. Instead it goes completely silent while they glare murderously at each other. Then, Michael pulls roughly out of my hold and runs upstairs to his room and slams the door. A minute later Aaron does the same.

“Okay… Do you think we should go after them?” Jason asks.

I think about it for a minute, “Nah, let them cool off first. We can talk to them about it later.”

He shrugs and looks at the clock on the wall, “That’s cool with me. I’ve gotta go anyway.”

“Where are you going?”

He hesitates and looks down at the floor before he mumbles, “I’m meeting up with a girl.”

I’m confused by his reaction since ‘meeting up with a girl’ is not unusual for him, “Who?”

He shrugs, “Just this girl I’ve been seeing for a couple of weeks.”

“You’ve been going out with a girl for a couple of weeks?” I ask, shocked. The most he’s been with a girl is about three days.

“You don’t have to sound so surprised, it’s not a big deal.” He replies, still looking at the floor.

“Uh yes it is a big deal, since when do you actually go out with a girl for a longer period of time than a day?”

He finally looks up at me, but doesn’t say anything. He has this look in his eyes that I’ve never seen in him before.

My mouth drops open in realization before I grin so wide I’m surprised my face doesn’t split in half, “You like her!” I practically scream in his face.

He blushes a little under my excited gaze, which only confirms what I just said.

I run up to him and take his hand, “Tell me everything! Who is she? Does she go to our school? How did you meet? What does she-”

He holds up his hand, cutting me off mid-question, “Calm down and let me tell you.”

I immediately stop talking and wait expectantly for him to tell me.

“Her name is Hena. No she doesn’t go tour school, she goes to Middleton High same one as your friend Danny. We met at some party and got to talking. The party was pretty lame so we left and just hung out after that.”

I stay quiet waiting for him to continue but he doesn’t, “And…? C’mon Jase give me some details here.”

“What else do you want to know?” He asks, looking at me like maybe he shouldn’t have said anything in the first place.

“What’s she like? Is she pretty?” I ask, not caring that I may be a little over bearing. Jason liking a girl for real, is a big deal.

He grins at me happily, an almost dreamy look in his eyes, “She’s gorgeous. She’s got long black hair and big brown eyes. She’s Pakistani and Native American mix, so her skin is a gorgeous russet color…” He trails off, obviously thinking of his new found beauty.

Then he looks back at me, almost as if he’s realizing that I’m still here. “As to her personality, she was a little hard to understand at first, but you know me, I like a challenge and well, it was worth it. We can talk about pretty much anything now. I can make all the perverted jokes I want and she’ll just laugh instead of thinking I’m gross. Oh and she loves COD too.”

I can’t help but laugh at his cheeky grin, “Well, I hope it works out. You seem to really like her.”

He gives me a small smile, “I hope it does too.”

Before I can say anything back, he nudges my shoulder and jerks his chin, gesturing to something over my shoulder.

I turn around to see Tristan coming down the stairs with an uncomfortable look on his face. Before I can walk over to him Jason nudges my shoulder again, “I’ll see you later okay? I’m gonna head out.”

“Okay, have fun with your girlfriend.” I reply with a teasing grin. He rolls his eyes and walks away while I skip over to Tristan’s side, “What happened?”

He smiles and takes my hand pulling me over to the living room and setting me down on the couch next to him, “Alex and Alyssa apparently forgot I was there when you didn’t come back and… let’s just say I’d rather keep my mind free of certain images.”

Laughing I turn to give him a peck on the lips, “Does that mean they’re having crazy passionate sex on my bed?”

Catching my teasing tone he replies, “Yeah, probably. We could kick them out but that would involve going in there.”

I scrunch up my nose, “Remind me to change my sheets when they leave.”

He laughs and kisses my nose before moving back to my lips. Before we can start fully making out, we hear someone clear their throat behind us. We quickly jump apart and turn to see Ben and Seth standing there, both looking a bit disturbed to see their sister kissing a boy.

I feel my face heat up in embarrassment but I face them anyway, “Can I help you two with something?”

Ben laughs at the expression on my face but ignores my question, “Where’s Jason?”

“He left like ten minutes ago. Did you know that he has a girlfriend?”

“What? Since when?”

“For like two weeks, he really likes her. I had fun getting the details out of him today.”

Ben chuckles lightly in amusement, “Well that’s new.”

“Yeah, why were you looking for him anyway?”

“Well, Seth asked if Riley could come over but Riley doesn’t have a ride so we have to go get him. But my car’s in the shop remember? So I wanted to ask Jase but…”

“Oh, well you can take my car. Just let me get my keys.” I get up off the couch about to head upstairs when I stop and think about it for a second before turning around and pulling Tristan with me.

“What are you doing?” He asks hesitantly.

“If my eyes have to be scarred for life from whatever is going on in my room, then so do yours.”

***********************

The rest of the week passes by in a mix of tests, late night studying, and work at the bakery. Before I know it, it’s finally Friday. The last free weekend before midterms and then finally, winter break.

“So, are we going to the game tonight?” Alex asks as we’re heading to our cars after school. Tonight’s Lincoln Park High School’s first basketball game of the season and Jason’s playing.

I turn to him with my eyebrow raised, “Jason basically told me he would eat us if we didn’t go. So, yes we’re going.”

He shakes his head, “What is it with Jason and eating people?”

“When has Jason ever eaten someone?”

He shrugs, “I don’t know but it could happen. Do you know who we’re playing?”

“Yup. Middleton.” I reply, scrunching my nose at the name of our rival school. I may not like school but I still have some school pride.  

Tristan, who’s been walking silently beside me, says, “Doesn’t that guy you work with go there?”

“Yeah he does. Why?”

He shrugs but his face is thoughtful, “Just wondering… So does that mean he’s going to be there?”

“Probably. I mean, he didn’t make the team but he’ll probably still come for support. We may not see him though, I’m sure we’re not gonna be the only people there.” I add the last part quickly, unsure of the emotion on Tristan’s face.

He nods in response. After a minute he wraps his arm around my waist and walks the rest of the way to my car with me. We’ve separated from Alex and Alyssa by this time, with quick promises that we’ll all meet up at the game later.

I still have a few minutes to wait for Kim and Seth so he stays with me by my car silent, the thoughtful look still on his face. I decide not to ask him what he’s thinking about, I figure he’ll tell me later. As if on cue, he turns and smiles at me before giving me a soft lingering kiss that sends by my heart racing and my cheeks flush. Time has not made me immune to his effect on me. Even after being with him for a month each kiss is still as amazing as the first. I still get lost in his beautiful green eyes, my heart still goes erratic and my palms still get clammy when he’s around.

It’s not just his looks though, it’s the little things he does that I never fail to notice. Like when I catch him staring at me with a small smile on his face or when he kisses my cheek even with everyone watching or even the way he deals with my family and how they all seem to be so attached to him. Either way, I can’t help but be glad that I met this boy. He’s made my life so much more interesting.

After a few minutes he pulls away, his eyes a little glazed over and I’m sure mine are the same. He sends me a smirk, “I’ll see you at the game tonight,” then he turns and walks away.

I’m sure I still have a goofy grin on my face by the time Seth and Kim make it to the car. They both give me a knowing look and decide not to ask about it, instead they get in the car and we drive home.

Later that night we’re all piling into the cars to head to the game. Ben, Seth, Kim, Liam, Michael, and Aaron all decided that we should all go to the game. The twins even made signs that said ‘Go Jason’ on them in really big letters. Looks like Jason’s getting his own entourage tonight. I smile at the thought and climb into the driver’s seat with Liam and Seth, while Ben gets into his car with the twins and Kim.

Being with the two middle boys is a lot of fun, even if it is a short ride. They’re both little bundles of energy and just talk and talk about nothing in particular and easily fill the silence in the car. Once we reach the school, they hop out and head toward the entrance. Ben pulls up right after me and I wait for him so we can walk to the front together.

He nudges my shoulder when he reaches me, “It’s weird being here at night.”

I laugh lightly at his uneasiness, “You’re telling me. I think this place is haunted but I don’t think the spirits will attack with so many people here.” I tell him, gesturing my hand to all the cars in the parking lot.

He laughs but doesn’t say anything more as the seven of us reach the gym and find seats in the middle of the bleachers. The game isn’t supposed to start for another ten minutes but Ben and I continue to chat quietly while we watch the rest of crowd walk in.

It takes me a minute to realize that there’s an invisible line, separating Middleton and Lincoln Park students. We’re on one side of the court while Middleton is on the other, looking over at the other side I notice that there’s an equal amount of students on their side as there is on ours. For some reason I find this amusing, but before I can share my weird amusement with my brother someone sits down on my other side, now separating me from Liam.

I turn to my left, about to tell this person to leave when I come face to face with a pair of intense green eyes surrounded by a fringe of lashes. Studying Tristan’s familiar features, straight nose, angular jaw and cheek bones, black mass of hair falling into his eyes leaving my hands with an itch to push it back, I miss what he’s trying to say until a hand is waving in front of my face.

Snapping out of my dazed state, I give him a sheepish smile, to which he just laughs and says, “See something you like?”

I push his shoulder with mine, “Yes. Now shut up, the game’s about to start.”

He looks at me for a minute, obviously thinking about the first part of my answer, but doesn’t say anything because the twins catch his attention.

Michael moved to practically sit in my lap, “Hey Tristan.”

Tristan send a teasing look my way before turning back to the monster on me, “Hey kid, what’s up?”

He shrugs, still sitting on me like it’s no big deal, “Nothing… So did you bring Emma with you?”

Something flashes in Tristan’s eyes and now his smile seems forced, “No I didn’t, sorry kid.”

Michael’s shoulders drop in disappointment, “Oh. That’s okay I’ll just see her Monday I guess.”

Before Tristan can reply, Mike is off my lap and heading back to his seat. The game has started by this time, and I can see Jason perfectly from where I am, running up and down the court.

“I think someone’s got a little crush on your sister.” I say after a few minutes of watching players miss the basket on both ends of the court.

He mumbles something like, “Yeah looks like it.” But it’s too low for me to hear.

I turn to him, his shoulders are slumped and he looks like he’s watching the game but he’s got this faraway look in his eyes that show that he’s not really there. I place my hand on his arm to get his attention, “Is everything okay?”

He looks at me as if he’s realizing that I’m still here, “Yeah, I’m fine. Why?”

I shrug, not making a big deal out of it even though my curiosity keeps nagging in the back of my mind, “You looked a little out of it, that’s all.”

He doesn’t say anything after that, and we all continue to watch the game.

Jason played extremely well, we were all cheering for him so loud the people around us probably thought we were crazy. Even Tristan joined in after a while, the weird look gone from his face replaced with simple enjoyment. Somewhere during half time, Alex and Alyssa found us claiming that they were looking for us the whole time, but they were obviously lying. After half time the game had us all on the edge of our seats. The Middleton guys are amazing players, but in the end, Lincoln had won by two points, scoring them at the very last second. Our side was going completely crazy when we won.

We meet up with Jason outside of the school, in the parking lot. All of us congratulating him and putting him on the spot saying how good he played, which he clearly enjoys.

Before we’re all about to head off to our separate cars, Tristan pulls me aside, “You want me to take you home?” He asks quietly, nodding over to his motorcycle which I still haven’t been on yet.

I look at it nervously, “Uh… but I drove here so-”

“Jason can drive back, right man?”

Popping up out of nowhere with a knowing smile on his face, Jason says, “Yeah, go with him Mik. I’ll drive back.”

Eyeing the both of them curiously I hesitantly agree, letting Tristan pull me over to the sleek black machine with a new light in his eye. He pulls a spare helmet out of the compartment under the seat, “Here, put this on. Don’t want you to fall off and die.” He says, giving me a mischievous look.

“Yeah that makes me feel so much better.” I reply nervously. I’m seriously about to get on this monster. It’s nice from far away but up close it’s super intimidating.

“C’mon Mik, it’s not that bad. Just climb on behind me and hold on to my waist,” he reassures, while he straps my helmet on for me. 

He climbs on it, seconds later it’s roaring to life making me jump about a foot in the air. I hear him laugh, but climb on behind him. “Hold on,” he says, kicking it into gear. I let out a yelp as we zoom off and hold onto his waist for dear life, shutting my eyes, and pressing my face into his back as much as I can with the stupid helmet in my way.

After a few minutes, I conclude that I’m not going to die. I allow myself to open my eyes only to see everything passing by us in a blur. Allowing myself to relax, I realize that the feeling is exhilarating. It’s such a major adrenaline rush that I find myself smiling stupidly at nothing in particular.

Noticing my more relaxed stance, Tristan speeds up and takes the long way back to my house going down winding roads seemingly far away from civilization, allowing me to enjoy the ride even longer. Too soon though, he’s pulling into the long driveway up to the front of my house and turning the bike off. I hop off quickly, pulling my helmet off not caring if I have helmet hair, “That was amazing!”

He laughs, climbing off too, “I told you it wasn’t that bad.”

“Are you kidding, I was scared shitless! Then I opened my eyes and… whoa.”

He continues to laugh at me while walking closer, “I’m glad you enjoyed it.” He says, his eyes sparkling.

“We have to do that again!” I say, still not down from my crazy high.

“Of course, anytime you want.” He replies, cupping my cheek and chuckling at my goofy smile.

Without warning he presses his lips to mine, my mind turns to mush and my adrenaline high immediately evaporates leaving pure bliss behind.

Too soon he pulls away, “I’ll see you tomorrow, okay?”

I look up at him and sigh not wanting him to leave, “Okay, tomorrow then.”

Pressing one last kiss to my lips, he looks down at me like he wants to say something but thinks better of it. He hops back on his bike and drives away.

***********************

The next morning, the light streaming in through my window wakes me up. Rolling over so I’m face down on my pillows I try to fall back asleep with no luck. Groaning I sit up in bed and look over at my bedside clock, it’s noon.

Reluctantly, I climb out of my warm comfy bed and walk over to the bathroom to take a shower. I take my time, letting the hot water relax me and wake me up. Once I’m done I walk back to my room in my towel.

“Morning Sleeping Beauty.”

I jump back clutching my towel closer to my body and my hand over my heart, willing it to calm down.

“What the hell Tristan, you scared the crap out of me!”

Trying to hold back a laugh he says, “Sorry,” not looking sorry at all.

I glare at him, “Get out of my room.”

He fakes looking hurt, “What, why?”

“Well in case you haven’t noticed I need to change.” I say, gesturing to my towel covered body. “What’re you even doing here anyways?”

“I told you I’d see you today didn’t I?” He replies, looking over my scantily clad body with hungry eyes, lingering on my bare legs and shoulders.

I roll my eyes, “Trist, my eyes are up here.”

He snorts playfully, “So? I look at your eyes all the damn time. I need to give the rest of you a chance too.”

Ignoring my blushing face, I shoot him another glare and slap his arm, “Shut up and get out of my room.”

He clutches the place I hit laughing, “Okay, I can see where I’m not welcome.”

Slamming the door behind him I walk over to my dresser and pull out some sweat pants and a tank top to throw on over my bra and panties. Deciding to not wear makeup, I leave my hair down to air dry and make my way downstairs. Already I hear the sounds of boys and video games coming from the living room.

Rolling my eyes I walk into the kitchen in search of something to eat. Seth’s sitting at the island still in his pajamas eating a pop tart.

“Do you want me to make you some eggs or something?” I ask, forgetting the fact I can’t cook worth crap.

He makes a face, “No thanks, I don’t wanna be poisoned.”

“Ha ha you’re so funny,” It’s true though, so I also settle for a pop tart. Taking it over to the living room where the boys are, I plop down next to Tristan on the couch. He immediately wraps his arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer. Absent mindedly I plant a kiss on his neck, right under his jaw. Feeling a pair of eyes on me I look to right to see Jason looking at our position with a blank expression on his face. I raise my eyebrow at him in question to which he just shrugs and turns away.

The rest of the day passes by with a whole bunch of video games and food. By the time night rolls around we’re all bored out of our minds from being useless all day. In a weird way it’s relaxing, spending time with all of them but at the same time, it’s a little repetitive. “Don’t you guys ever get bored of doing the same thing every Saturday?” I ask the group of boys around me.

My question is met by a chorus of ‘no’s. I smile to myself, thinking of how my life would be so different without my brothers or my best friend or Tristan.

About another hour of uselessness passes before we all decide it’s time for bed. As has become our routine, I take Tristan’s hand and lead him upstairs to my room.

“Your pj’s are in the top drawer on the left,” I tell him, while getting my own pajamas.

He looks at me curiously, “I have a drawer now?”

“Yup. You and Alex.”

“Hmm, that’s … nice.”

“What, you don’t want a drawer? I could throw all your stuff away you know.”

He laughs at my serious tone, “Yeah, you could. But I know you won’t.”

“You under estimate me.” I reply, leaving the room so he can change and I head to the bathroom to change.

I give him a few minutes just in case, but I walk into the room to see him already dressed and in my bed. He pats the space next to him, I turn off the lights and sit next to him, only to have him grab me and kiss me gently. Soon it turns in to a heated make out session, leaving us both breathless. He flips us over so he’s on top, with his weight rested on his forearms, the rest of his body pressed flush against mine.

Somehow he manages to get my shirt off, throwing it over the side of the bed leaving me in my bra and pajama bottoms. This is different, we’ve never done more than just kissing, but I find myself not caring as he moves his lips over my cheek and jaw and down my neck, kissing the place between my breasts, making me moan.

I move my hands from where they’re tangled in his hair and down to the bottom of his shirt, intending to pull it off.

He immediately freezes and my hands still. He looks us at me hesitantly, “I’m sorry.”

Confused I sit up, making him sit up with me, he shifts until he’s sitting crisscross in front of me, looking down at his hands in his lap. “Tristan? Why are you sorry?”

His shoulders are slumped and he’s still not looking at me, “I don’t want you to see.” He says so quietly that I have to strain to hear him.

“What don’t you want me to see?” I ask softly, not wanting to push him when he suddenly looks so vulnerable.

He finally looks up and meets my eyes, “Me. I don’t want you to see me.” He says firmly, while subtly gesturing to his body.

Suddenly I’m bombarded by memories of his bruised body when he hesitantly let me put bruise balm on them. So many bruises. Including the one on his face that he would ever explain. I never gave them a second thought after seeing them that first time, he never showed any signs that he was hurt.  

Keeping my voice soft I ask, “You don’t want me to see the bruises?”

He nods his head still looking me in the eye, well at least he’s telling me the truth.

“Tristan, who does this to you?”

He says nothing, he’s quiet for so long that I think he’s not going to answer. Then after a good ten minutes I hear his quiet bitter voice, “My father.”

Whatever I was expecting I was not expecting that.

His dad does this to him?

I thought my parents were bad! But at least they never… abused us. God, it even hurts to think the word.

I feel my eyes fill with tears at the thought that this is happening to someone I’m so close to.

“Tristan, I-”

He cuts me off, “It’s fine. I understand. I’ll just leave.” He says curtly, making a move to get up.

Confused at the anger in his tone I reach out a hand and grab him, halting his movements. “What do you mean you’re leaving?”

He looks as confused as I feel, “Aren’t you disgusted with me?” he asks, his tone no longer angry.

“What? No. Why would I be?”

“Cause I’m so… broken.” He says dejectedly.

“Tristan, you’re not broken. A broken person probably would’ve given up by now but you stick it out and go through with it.”

He unexpectedly turns and gives me a small smile, “You’re a big reason for that you know.”

“What do you mean?”

“If I wouldn’t have met you when I did, I probably would have given up, but you gave me another reason to get up every day. Wow that sounded better in my head but it’s true.”

Tears are welling up in my eyes again but I hold them back, this is the first time he’s opened up to me fully and I’m not about to lose my chance.

I wrap my arms around his neck, “How did it start?”

He sighs quietly like he’s getting ready to tell a very long story, “Remember when I told you my mother died of cancer a couple years ago?” I nod, not speaking so he can continue. “Well, before that everything was great. We lived happily in Springfield for fifteen years of my life, my sister and brother were born and my parents were happy.”

He pauses and takes a deep breath before continuing, “Then one day my mom got some bad news. It just came out of nowhere. She only had a few months left to live, I know that sounds cliché but that’s what they said. She gradually got worse, nothing they gave her helped. And then she was just… gone.”

Tears fill his eyes but he holds them back, “That’s when things started to get bad. My dad started drinking and at first he would just ignore us but then it got to the point where everything we did irritated him and one day he just snapped. He hit right in front of Emma and Connor. Emma was ten and Connor was only five. What scared me the most wasn’t that he hit me, but that they were scared. From that day, I promised myself I would never let him lay a finger on them. Of course, sometimes he was around when I wasn’t and, unfortunately, my promise was broken a few times. I’ve tried my best to protect them the best I could but… it’s hard. But I think that as long as I take the pain, they won’t have to and I’m perfectly okay with that.”

He turns to me and smiles but it doesn’t reach his eyes, “This is where you come in. My dad decided that we should up and move to Chicago, I was kind of glad at first because my mom’s parents live here. I thought maybe they could help me with Emma and Connor, and they do and it’s a blessing. But, I met you and you captivated me from the very first moment. I knew I had to be your friend so I could get close to you and you accepted me with open arms.” He smiles genuinely at that and so do I.

I can tell that was the end of his story and I’m overwhelmed with all the new things I just learned about him. I turn to him and look him in the eye, “You’re amazing.” I say quietly.

He laughs but knows me enough not to deny it, instead he captures my lips with his for a sweet kiss. It feels like it has more meaning now, him telling me about his past has already opened us up to each other more than before.

He doesn’t break the kiss as he moves me onto his lap so I’m straddling him. He quickly deepens the kiss by slanting his mouth over mine. He bites my lip asking for entrance but I keep my mouth closed. He tries again but I still don’t open my mouth. Suddenly he pinches my hip, not hard enough to hurt but hard enough to make me gasp giving his tongue access. I let him dominate instead of fighting with him, it just feels too damn good.

Hesitantly, I run my hands down his sides until I get to the bottom of his shirt. He tenses a little but keep kissing me so I know it’s okay when I start to pull it over his head.

I can’t help but stop and stare at all the bruises covering his chest and stomach. But I also can’t help but notice how lean his body is, with a light dusting of abs covering his stomach. He pulls away from me and grimaces when he notices my stare. Instead of meeting his gaze I slowly place a light kiss on the bruise near his shoulder. Before I know it I have him lying down with me on top, still straddling him while I continue to place light kisses everywhere there’s a bruise.

Eventually, he pulls my face back up to meet his giving me one last kiss, before laying me down next to him, mumbling something about losing control, and going to sleep.

***********************

(A/N): This is the longest chapter I’ve ever written! I hope it was worth the long wait *smiles sheepishly* Sorry about that by the way. Anyway, YAY! We know about Tristan now.

Sorry, it's not edited so please excuse any mistakes.

Hope you guys liked it :D. Please vote/comment and tell me what you think

~ SOTD23

Continue Reading