UnStoppable [Book 2]

By Wisegirl502

A new summer begins at Camp Half-Blood without incident. Silena and Derek are going strong as boyfriend and g... More

My Friend Goes Crazy
We're Going to Cause Hell
Bryn Swears Like A Sailor
Curse My Luck
You're Not His Family
I Attempt to Stall Romans
We're Getting A Trial
My Friend Is Flanked
We Insult the Augur
What Happens in Vegas
Stays in Vegas
You Almost Caught Bryn Winchester
That Dam Trip
Bat Mobiles Fly
That's Ironic
Separated Again
One Too Many
Here Comes Goodbye
Plot Twist

I'm Yelling Timber

383 9 25
By Wisegirl502

So I have the new chapter thing up in Wattpad and I don’t want to lose the gif for it so you’re another chapter! :)

OH SO I FORGOT TO GIVE YOU GUYS A FUTURE CHAPTER SONG BECAUSE THAT’S WHAT MOST OF YOU REQUESTED BUT I’LL GIVE YOU AN EXCERPT TOO SINCE I FORGOT TO DO IT LAST CHAPTER.

Future Song: Here Comes Goodbye by Rascal Flatts

Excerpt: “You have five seconds to tell me who you are and how you know that name or I’m going to pull this trigger.”

Chapter Quote:

“I influence anybody who is able to get through the chaos of my first impression.”

~Gary Vaynerchuk

______________________________________

Chapter 9: I’m Yelling Timber

“You must be Antony,” Bryn observed, looking up at him casually.

“I see you’ve heard of me,” he said.

“If you mean I’ve heard of you being an annoying bigot, then yes, you would be correct.” Derek snorted along with Silena, Rachel, and some people in the crowd.  Cora was biting back a smile.  In attempt to stop himself from laughing any further, Derek looked up at the ceiling where he found a glass dome rooftop right above the area they were standing on.  He could see the sky.  It was bright blue.

“How dare you address me in that manner you filthy Greek!” Antony chastised. “What is your name?”

“My name is Bryn Winchester, great-great-granddaughter of Apollo, great-granddaughter of Hecate, granddaughter of Aphrodite.  This is Derek-”

“They will introduce themselves!” he barked.

Bryn rolled her eyes. “As I was saying, this is Derek-”

“What did I tell you?!”

“Nothing that I remember.  I was tuning your squeaky voice out.” Antony sputtered in astonishment as Bryn continued, “This is Derek Michaels, son of Apollo with some other freaky powers that we haven’t figured out.  This is Silena Jackson, daughter of Percy and Annabeth Jackson, granddaughter of Poseidon and Athena.  And this is Rachel Elizabeth Dare, a.k.a. the Oracle of Delphi.”

“Welcome,” Cora said politely.

“Don’t be courteous to them,” Antony snapped. “Do you forget the Greeks have kept us in the dark for over three decades?”

“I have not forgotten, but unlike you Antony, some of us do not wish to fight the Greeks, rather we wish to have a good connection with them so there is no dissonance in any upcoming wars we may have to fight.”

“They wouldn’t tell us then, they won’t tell us now if you’re kind.  But they will to me, because I won’t coddle them.  I’ll get it out of them.”

“I’d like to see you try sweetheart,” Bryn said with a smile. “Are you sitting all the way up there to try and intimidate us?  Because if so, it’s not working… at all.”

“We’re up here because we are superior to you.  Don’t forget you are our prisoners,” he warned.

“First off, you’re not superior to us at all in any way shape or form, and second, we won’t be prisoners for long.”

“You have no weapons on you and you’re in the middle of the Roman Senate house surrounded by over a hundred, well-trained demigods.  There are only four of you.  Do you honestly think you can beat us?” Antony laughed whole-heartedly.  People in the crowd joined in. “Listen, your macho façade does not intimidate me.”

Bryn raised an amused eyebrow at him and said, “We don’t need weapons to defeat you Antony.”

“Oh really?  I don’t see how else you could beat a whole room of Roman demigods.”

“Why should we use weapons when we are weapons?” she countered.  At this the room fell silent.  Antony glared at the daughter of Zeus.  Of course, Bryn had just happened to leave out who her parent was so he had no idea who her father was.

“What do you mean?” he demanded, his eyes narrowing.

Bryn only smirked. “Miss Valdez, my friends and I are on a very important quest.  If you would please ask the questions you brought us here for, it would be very much appreciated.”

“Our first one is: what is the Great Prophecy?  We asked the Greeks this multiple times over the years but they have refused to answer us.  We would like to know,” Cora requested.

“Admittedly, none of us know,” Derek spoke up. “Chiron hasn’t told any of the campers, not even the counselors.  We don’t know it.  But if you want my opinion-”

“We don’t,” Antony interrupted.

Derek ignored him. “I think the Great Prophecy is happening right now.”

“What makes you say that?” Cora inquired seriously.

“We do not want to hide anything from you.  You’re our allies.  Anything you want to know, ask us,” Bryn said.

“Why do you think the Great Prophecy is beginning?” Cora asked.

“Because one of the campers from Camp Half-Blood abandoned us and is currently building an army.  We don’t know who her real parents are but we know she can control the underground.  She already tried to kill Derek, she kidnapped me, and she fooled me, Derek, Bryn, and my brother into thinking that she was on our side on our quest to save my parents whom she kidnapped.  Her name is Hannah Floyd,” Silena explained.

“We don’t know who she’s serving which makes this war a hundred times more difficult to fight,” Bryn added.

“We will begin finding out as much information as possible.  Personally, I believe the Greeks and Romans will need to fight this battle together.  It will be more effective.”

“I’m glad you’re on the same page as us.  At least one of you is.”

“I don’t trust the Greeks!” Antony protested. “You’re conniving people.  Don’t believe for one second that you’ve fooled me into thinking that you’re on a quest to go save her brother.” He pointed at Silena. “If he’s the son of Percy and Annabeth Jackson, he’d be a hell of a better fighter than to let himself get captured.”

“He and Bryn were ambushed by about thirty Laistrygonians.  They destroyed about half of them before they were overwhelmed.  Bryn’s leg got bashed by a club, breaking it.  Another one hit her in the head.  They then attacked Luke all together and kidnapped him.  And you know what Bryn did afterwards?  She ran, with a broken leg, back to the cabin we were staying in.  Luke is one of the best fighters I know.  Bryn is the best.  If they didn’t stand a chance, no one could.  So watch out when you accuse us of lying and accusing my best friend on not knowing how to fight well,” Derek growled. “We all know how to fight, with or without weapons.  Bryn wasn’t joking when she said we’re weapons.  We literally are weapons, and Hannah knows that.  It’s why she’s adamant on killing us.  For some reason, Luke, Silena, Bryn, and I have been thrust into the center of this damn war and have become the targets of the enemy.  As I speak, Luke is somewhere underground in Garden of the Gods being tortured by the enemy and you-” Derek pointed at Antony “- are preventing us from getting to him, which is a really bad mistake on your part, because we know something you don’t, and you’re about to find out what it is.”

Antony snarled. “Trying to scare me demigod?  It’s not working.”

“Antony,” Cora hissed.  She was looking up through the glass-dome.  Where blue sky had once been was now replaced by dark, swirling thunderclouds.  Large raindrops were beginning to splatter on the transparent material.

“What the- who’s doing that?!” he screeched.

“I am,” Bryn said quietly, but somehow everyone heard her.  All eyes turned to her.  Antony’s face drained of all its color.

“I beg your pardon?” he said.

“I might’ve forgotten to mention something earlier.”

“Oh?  And what would that be?” Antony’s voice trembled from rage.

“I’m a daughter of Zeus, and you know, you’re really pissing me off right now.”

“Boo-hoo Princess.  Guards, cuff them and lead them back to the prison,” Antony ordered.

“Antony, you just made a Ke$ha song just pop into my head,” Bryn said, as the gate started to open for the guards.

“Fascinating.  Tell me which song?” he replied mockingly.

“I’m yelling TIMBER!” Bryn shouted.  Derek suddenly realized that was the code word to stand next to her.  He dragged Silena and Rachel over to Bryn just before a lightning bolt struck one of the columns in the Senate house, causing it to crash to the ground.  On its way, it smashed into the balcony where the Praetors were standing.  Cora had been able to open the hallway door to the balcony soon enough that she was now standing safely in the hallway itself.  Antony on the other hand was dangling from a still-intact part of the banister of the balcony.

“What the hell?!” he shouted.

“Did you honestly think a punk like you was going to stop me from going to get my best friend?” Bryn laughed humorlessly. “We have a quest to complete.  Cora, we’ll send word to you when we get back to camp so we can start creating a battle plan and strategy so the two camps can cooperate in the upcoming war.  And now, we’ll take our leave.”

Bryn grabbed Derek’s and Silena’s hands.  He automatically grabbed Rachel, just in time too, because Bryn shot up into the sky, bringing the three demigods with her.  He heard Antony barking orders at the other demigods.  Derek didn’t know where in the world he was until dropped onto the ground.  She staggered when she landed.

“You okay?” Derek questioned, grabbing onto her to steady the demigod.

“I’ll be okay.  Come on, we have about two minutes to grab our weapons from the storage room and get out of here.”

Derek grimaced, not really believing her to be all right, but she had a point.  The four of them ran into the prison straight to the armory which conveniently was placed right next to the entrance.  Thankfully their weapons were easy to find and not even thirty seconds later, they were running out of the prison.  Unfortunately, Bryn had misjudged how fast the Romans would find them because in the distance, all the Romans that had been in the Senate were making a beeline for the four Greeks.  They dashed down the hill towards a river that was rushing pretty fast.  The River Tiber.

“Silena!  This is your territory!  How do we get past that?!” Bryn queried.

“Just run across!  I got this!” Silena answered.  Derek looked at his girlfriend with raised eyebrows but he didn’t doubt her in her idea, whatever it was.  He was just… warily curious.  The river came up to them quickly.  Derek took a deep breath and continued running onto the river.  He closed his eyes while he did so and didn’t open his eyes until he was sure that he was across it.  Upon opening, he realized he’d literally just ran across water.

“How did we do that?!” he laughed.

“I just imagined the water letting us run across it and it did!” Silena replied gleefully.

“That was brilliant Silena!” Bryn praised sincerely, a smile lighting up her face. “Let’s see the Romans pull something like- ah damn it.  They have the eagles after us.”

Looking up, Derek saw giant eagles circling above them.

“Bryn, that’s your dad’s symbol!  From what I heard, Athenian kids can talk to owls.  Maybe you can talk to eagles!  Tell them to bugger off!” Silena suggested.  Bryn appeared to focus on doing just that.  When a grin spread on her face, Derek knew it’d worked.

“Okay, let’s get out of here!” She chirped.  The group of four ran into a tunnel, one that led them out of Camp Jupiter.

______________________________________

So how did you like it? :) Review!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 75 10
The first summer of camp is over for Luke and Silena Jackson but what happens when Bryn attends their high school? What happens when she and Luke sta...
323K 10.2K 66
Kyra Pafford has been at Camp-Half Blood for three months. The gates to Olympus have closed and she has yet to be claimed. When three demigods show u...
198K 1.3K 29
Marissa and Luci are just normal girls at Camp Half-Blood after the Titan War, it seems at first that they're just going to have to deal with mean gi...
1.9K 73 20
Two months after escaping Tartarus and saving the world, Luke, Silena, Bryn, and Derek are trying to live as normal lives as possible for a demigod...