Humanity | kth √

By Miss_Impavido

the journey of love between Kim Taehyung and Lee Kiara in the middle of an apocalypse. A Kim Taehyung story ... More

disclaimer
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e p t o n e
n i n e p t t w o
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y o n e
t w e n t y t w o
t w e n t y t h r e e
Humanity
a/n

o n e

1.8K 46 15
By Miss_Impavido

Kiara's pov

Everything was perfect.

Humans kept evolving, creating technologies to further ease their lives.

They were at their peak.

When the world rejoiced for another triumph of humans they never expected that, that would be their last.

A pandemic shook the world after years of peace.

Due to the constant thirst for knowledge and power, they accidentally unleashed something that erased nearly all life in their planet.

Zombies.

No one ever thought that the monster that they have seen multiple times behind their screen would become a reality.

Ever since the outbreak, the human population continued to decrease each day.

One after the other.

A new creature has now ruled the lands that once was inhabitated by the people.

A creature that was made by humans themselves.

The bloodshed never stopped. The fear continued to spread all across the globe.

And by the end of the year, only few of the human race have survived.

Many have went underground or have secured a piece of land, that only they could access.

The governments all around the globe have continued their resistance against the abominable force and built safe haven's for the people.

It had continued to spread.

The ideal of these monsters were cannibals that have lost their humanities.

We've been taught that once you're bitten, you will become one of those monsters.

Your turn will depend on how big the bite is and how near it is to your brain.

I've waited for myself to turn as I felt my neck being attacked but when I woke up.

I still have complete control over my mind and actions.

I was scared

I was bitten but still has my humanity intact.

And that is one of the reasons why I survived this pandemic.

I walked aimlessly in the streets of South Korea.

The streets were empty.

Eerily silent with only the gush of wind interfering with the leaves that have scattered across the streets.

It was a mess.

Stores that once was filled with people are now abandoned with their glasses broken and shelves empty.

A sigh left my lips as I continued to walk.

I have no thirst for blood nor the flesh of humans.

It was one of the perks of still having my humanity. The zombies don't attack me either unless I provoke them.

They see me as one of them. Too bad I don't.

It has been a couple of months since I last saw a human.

And it was when his flesh was being ripped from his body.

These suckers, have even become more aggressive when it comes to eating since the availability of humans have started to decrease, leaving them hungry.

Some die off. But they're still too many.

It intrigued me that up to this day, I haven't met anyone like me, yet.

Except for the one who bit me. Who has different eyes from those creatures.

I manifested the eyes that the creature had.

One of the features that immediately gives me away.

My legs kept on moving, not sure where it was going.

I've walked far already and was about to make a turn when I caught sight of something,

Or rather, someone

I stopped and observed, my eyes widening as I was able to make out what it was,

humans

It was a male. He was being accompanied by his friend, and it seems like they're discussing something.

'Why does it feel like I've seen them before?' I thought to myself

Both were holding a bat and cautiously looking around. Then after a few minutes, they started walking away.

My curiosity got the best of me so I followed them.

I left quite a distance between us, to prevent them from noticing me.

They stopped in front of an old store, and went inside.

I tiptoed to the side of the store and took a quick peak to see what they're doing.

I saw both of them push a cabinet that then revealed a door.

My brows shot up in confusion as the guy with purple hair went inside followed suitly by the other guy.

Questions after the other flooded my mind as I contemplated whether I should go in or not.

"Screw it" I muttered to myself before entering the store and grabbed the handle of the door that they just went in.

I breathed in and out before finally twisting the knob anf was surprised that it wasn't locked.

I chuckled, "They didn't bring the cover back and they also didn't lock the door. How dumb are they?"

I scoffed and entered the door, closing it behind me.

There was a straight passageway that probably led to where the two guys are.

I walked in until I saw a loose curtain with shadows behind it.

Without hesitation, I pulled the curtain to the side and immediately saw the purple headed one and the other guy he was with.

There were also five other good looking guys in the room,

A couple of girls and boys were sitting, scattered across the room.

Once the people inside were aware of my presence, their jaws dropped in shock and disbelief

"How did you know about this place!?" Shouted a man in his early 30's

"Oh, well you see I saw two of them entering this door and I was curious of what's behind it. But it seems like this place is full of humans" I said fighting a smirk

Fear was evident in his face but he was fighting it back, forcing a humph to his chest to make him look tougher,

"You are one of them aren't you?" He asked, dropping his voice lower, intimidating me

"One of what?" I asked trying to look confused

"One of them! The zombies!" He yelled, his face growing red

I could feel all of their eyes on me. I could feel their fear and their anger.

I love to piss everyone off, you see.

And I haven't done that in a very very long time.

"I'm not" I declined, keeping a straight face

My answer infuriated the man more and it seems like a few more teasing would cause him to explode.

"Liar! If you're not one of them then whats wrong with your eyes?!" He exclaimed, a few of his spit getting out.

My eyes were extraordinary, one of the things that I got from the one who bit me.

The eyes like the galaxy itself.

I purposely widened my eyes a little causing him and the others to step back.

Wimps.

"Well what if I'm actually one of them? What are you gonna do?" I challenged him playfully, growling

His eyes widened and his true demenaor slipped for a minute, showing fear in his eyes, but he was quick to mask it with anger.

He huffed, "You'll regret coming in here you monster" He spat, grasping a knife in his hands

The others followed, grabbing a weapon of their own, with their eyes filled with venom and hate.

But I knew feel down that they're scared of me.

I could feel all of their heart's beating rapidly making me laugh on the inside.

I hummed, licking my dry lips, "I see, your all gonna kill me, huh?"

Something flashed in the man's eyes, and before I knew it, he was already advancing towards me.

He swinged the knife back and forth with me quickly dodging each swing. I knew he was getting frustrated because his swings became sloppy but fast.

I laughed and caught his wrist where his hands were holding his knife.

His eyes widened, and I could feel his heart much more clearly now.

He was shaking and tried to swing his left arm at me but I caught it with ease and snapped it, he let out a cry before I threw him to the other men who is also advancing towards me

"Come on now, I just came here to visit you know"

"Visit my ass you bitch!" A blondie said with a bat

She aimed to hit me in the head but I was quick to block it with my right arm and shoved her back with force.

"I was just messing with you all you know? Im not like them so please stop" I said in boredom as they kept attacking me

"Shut up!" Another bimbo shrieked before lunging herself towards me

I stopped her mid-air, chocking her

"Seriously though, stop or I'll snap her neck" I warned

They all tensed,

'I wasn't gonna snap her neck even if you all keep attacking though' I thought to myself

"Put her down" The purple haired guy said, his eyes narrowing

I loosened my grip on her neck every few seconds for her to breathe as I locked eyes with the man,

"I'll put her down if you all stop attacking me" I stated calmly, not breaking eye contact

"And why would we do that? You could be one of them" One of his friends said, snarling at me

I scoffed,"I'm not. Do I look like one of them?" I asked sarcastically

"You may not look like it on the outside but what about on the inside? How can we be sure that you wouldn't bite us?"

"I won't" My eyes showing boredom

The guy with black hair that looks like a cat raised his eyebrow.

"Why did you even come here? What's you intention?"

I dropped the girl to let her breath. Tears streaming her face. I grabbed her hair afterwards so that she wont get away

"I have no bad intentions. I followed that purple headed guy here with his friend out of confusion. I was actually shocked to see humans hoarded in here. It's been months since Ive last seen one" I explained

"Damn you, Hoseok and Namjoon, didn't I tell you to be careful?" The two guys bowed their head in shame

Hoseok and Namjoon, huh?

"Well, even if you don't have bad intentions we ask you to leave now. We don't trust you" The blonde guy said

I held his gaze.

He didn't look away

"Fine. Here's your pet" I said, pushing the girl towards them

"Goodbye"

I turned my back and left, making sure that the door was locked behind me

They took notice of my eyes but they didn't take the fact that I could talk. Zombies can't talk.

"Tsk" I kicked the marble on the street

"Stupid, naive humans" I muttered to myself as I sat at the bench in front of the store.

I don't understand why they're triggered.

I mean you did piss the first guy off so.. My subconscious said

Fair enough

My eyes focused on the store in front of me.

Those seven guys looked very familiar. Plus the name Hoseok and Namjoon.

The one that looked like a cat is so familiar too.

And that blonde one.

I sighed, and closed my eyes

Why am I still here?

.

Hours passed and I'm still sitting in this dumb bench.

Nothing seems to happen and I don't even know why I'm still here waiting.

I was about to leave when I saw something move near the old store

I ignored it at first but then I saw shadows, shadows that don't belong to a mundane creature.

It took me a few seconds to realize,

Zombies.

"Shit" I cursed under my breath

The zombies slowly went to the store, all of them looking hungry like they haven't eaten anything in weeks.

I cursed again when it dawned upon me that I too, forgot to block the door with the cabinet.

"You dumb fucks better keep your mouth shut inside" I muttered to myself

And just as I was about to stand up, a yell was heard from the inside

My face dropped,

"Fuck"

The zombies heads snappped towards the direction of the sound and ran towards the door, knocking it down.

"Oh fuck me" I growled before running towards the door, where the cries of help pierced the once quiet streets of Seoul.

a few minutes before the attack

Taehyung's pov

Shock was an understatement for what just happened.

A woman with such eyes left this room and I don't know if pushing her away was a good decision or not

When she held my gaze, I almost melted. Like literally melted out of fear and anger

I wasn't prepared

None of us were.

Namjoon and Hoseok were still being lectured by Jin.

I groaned and laid down on the sofa, ruffling my blonde hair

The girl that she just chocked was being comforted by one of the women here.

I closed my eyes and rubbed my temples,

"You okay hyung?" Asked Jungkook, handing me a glass of water

I accepted it and sat, gulping the water down.

I nodded, "Yeah.. just peachy" I replied smiling at him, which he gladly returned

"That girl with the eyes was weird" Jungkook finally said after a few minutes of silence.

I chuckled, "Yeah, she was" I agreed, smiling

"You know what Namjoon? It's really hard to believe that you're IQ is 142 you know? Cause what you just did was so dumb"

Namjoon looked at Jin, offended "My IQ is not 142, it's 148 you wiper"

"That fact only made it worst'" Jin replied looking smug

"You little-"

"Look what I just found hyung" Hoseok exclaimed while holding something in his palm

"Put it down" Jin warned him, slowly inching himself away from the man

"Why? It's so cute though" He lightly stroked the little frog that he was holding

"Where did you even find that frog hyung?" Jimin asked as he sat down beside me and Jungkook

"Outside" He simply said, extending his palm to the clealry scared Seokjin

"I swear, if you don't get that thing out of my face this instance I'll freaking murder yo-AH" Jin screamed as the frog that was in Hoseok's hand leaped, clinging to his shirt

All of us bursted out in laughter.

His screams continued on until we heard a loud bang

"What was tha-"

"Run!" Exclaimed the guy who peaked through the curtain

I stood up, alarmed and grabbed a long bat.

My face went pale as a zombie pounced on the nearest person.

"What the fuck?! How did they get inside?!" Screamed Yoongi

The seven of us huddled close together and swang at those trying to come near.

Screams and growls filled the room.

We were fighting, already soaked in blood but no matter the resistance, we were outnumbered.

Those that were bitten were quickly turning to zombies, twisting and turning before lunging to its feet, attacking the nearest person.

I swayed the bat hard to the zombie's head and continued to hit it until I was sure that it's head was mushed.

Jungkook beheaded three zombies, and Yoongi shot five.

There's too many.

Too many.

I was stuck in my place not knowing that the hurdle already moved.

"Taehyung!"

I looked at the direction of the sound and I was quick to put my bat in between the zombie's mouth.

My back hit the ground, It's blood shot eyes looking straight to mine, hungrily.

It tried to claw me but I kicked him in the stomach, making him roll beside me.

I heard a shot and the zombie beside me has a hole in it's head

Yoongi grabbed me by the collar and brought me back to our hurdle

"Don't zone out again, dammit Kim Taehyung!"

I let out a shaky breath and nodded.

The screams got louder and we were able to add people to our hurdle.

We backed up and backed up as we tried to resist the zombie's coming our way,

I swung my bat angrily, knocking some zombies off.

Jin and Hoseok were also swinging their bats, and Jimin was carefully lunging his knife.

The rest of the new people in the hurdle was also attacking

More zombies came to our direction and panic started to build inside of me.

"Shit" I muttered

"Back up! Back up!" Namjoon exclaimed as the attacks from them became aggressive

We all backed up until the very back of our hurdle stopped in front of the wall.

"We can't back up anymore!" A woman from the back yelled, fear evident in her tone

The people whos in the front started getting grabbed,

The people behind the back pressed themselves to the wall even more. Panic and fear engulfing as all.

Please somebody help us

I begged

I closed my eyes, trying to regulate my breathing.

The screams were getting louder

I felt a hand on my shoulder, I looked at the owner of the hand, smiling sadly

"If we can't survive this hyung, I just want to let you know and the rest that I've had a good life with all of you" The youngest of our group said

Our leader but his lip, "Me too. Let's go down together, Bangtan" He smiled, his dimples showing

"To us," He put his hand in the middle

"To us," Jimin and Hoseok said, planting their hands on top of each other

"To Bangtan!" Jin exclaimed, eyes slightly tearing up

"To Bangtan" Yoongi smiled, and added his hand, followed by Jungkook

I smiled to myself, a tear following

"To Army's" I whispered adding my hand

We all stayed that way, and hugged each other.

I closed my eyes, lips slighly quivering.

To Army's

The screams grew louder,

I felt myself getting yanked out,

This is it.

I locked eyes with the boys, their eyes widening as Yoongi aimed at the zombie.

He fired his last bullet, hitting the zombie on his cheeks. Stopping his attempt to bite me

But it was quick to recover, I could here my boys yelling,

I just smiled.

To Army's

I was dropped to the floor,

I glanced up and saw that a stick was peirced in the zombie's skull

My eyes widened,

"Hey you dimwits! Stop bothering the humans will ya?"

The zombies stopped and looked at the source of the voice

They all snarled as if warning her

The woman with the galaxy as its eyes.

"You won't? Okay, fine by me" She replied simply before attacking the nearby zombies

All of them stopped attacking us and advanced to the woman

My mouth was wide open as I stated at her

She saved my life

She locked eyes with me,

"You! Blondie! Get yourselves out of here!"

"B-but-"

"

Come on now, Tae!" Jimin exclaimed
while forcing me to stand up

"Everybody! Clear the exit!" Namjoon instructed

The people removed the obstacles and wood that have fallen to the door. It led to the back of the store.

The hyungs assisted the others out.

The woman was still fighting them,

She was getting scratches here and there,

I bit my lip anxiously, "Tae, c'mon let's go!" Jimin said hurriedly, capturing my arm and dragging me to the exit

"Wait! Woman what about you?!" I exclaimed

She locked eyes with me again, "I'm going to be fine. Just leave! Now!"

My brain urges me to move but it seems like my feet won't coordinate.

Why am I getting worried for her?

"Hyung!" Jungkook yelled and came to me, dragging me with him

"Wait just-" I grabbed his sword and freed myself from his grasp

"Hey!"

She looked at me as I tossed the sword to her direction.

"Use it. Let's meet each other again"

She smiled while swiftly beheading two zombies

"Okay, Blondie. Now go"

I smiled

"Let's go now!" Hoseok exclaimed, and we all went to the exit

We all ran and ran

My mind hazy

I heard the others converse about finding a new place as our hide out but I tuned it all down,

I glanced back at the store behind me,

"Thank you" I whispered,

please survive.

whoever you are,

live.

//

First of all I just want to say thank you for 1k reads!

I've decided to edit this book because its so freaking cringy lol.

I wrote this when I was 13 so please spare me.

Plus, english is not my first language so pardon me for the grammatical mistakes.

I hope that you enjoyed the first chapter~

i purple you

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.6K 1.7K 11
A story about friendship turned to hate and a love broken by betrayal.
92.9K 3.9K 61
"Sometimes, love comes in the least expected place, in the least expected ways." A Namjin Fanfic💜 Started: May 1st, 2019 Completed: April 2nd, 2020 ...
115K 4.3K 37
What if the opposite persons fall in love? [Started] November 9, 2019 [Finished] January 26, 2020
2K 41 20
❝that's what happened, huh? it's okay, jungkook just admit you love him❞ ...