thinking ⎈ yoonmin (completed)

By dewdropsofjupiter

"why are you up here all alone?" "i'm just thinking." "about what?" "nothing and everything at the same time... More

zero
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
PLEASE READ

twenty four

4.4K 193 166
By dewdropsofjupiter

((unedited))

no matter what, we have each other

third person;

yoongi walks through the mall, a small bag in his hand and a large grin on his face. he can't wait to see the look on jimin's face when he opens the gift; he's really gonna like it.

he walks back to his own apartment so he could wrap the gift and get himself ready for the upcoming party. he was planning on taking jimin out the next day for a nice dinner, on behalf of being his boyfriend of almost two months, but tonight was reserved for getting together with friends and celebrating the younger boy's birthday.

he gets back to jimin's apartment in record time, seeing as the party starts in only an hour and by the looks of it, jimin and jungkook had just gotten ready.

"hey jungkook. jiminie! where should i put your gift?" yoongi asks, closing the front door behind him (for once).

"gift? hyung, i told you that you didn't need to get me anything! i said that your existence is gift enough," jimin whines, snatching the gift bag out of the elder's hand. he sets it on the table with a sigh.

"babe, it's your birthday. plus, even if i had listened to you and gotten you nothing, you would have been upset and hated me," yoongi laughs, wrapping an arm around his boyfriend.

"eh, that's true," jungkook chimes in. "once, he practically begged me to just forget his birthday and not give him a gift, so i listened. but then when the day rolled around and i had given him nothing, he cried and didn't talk ti me for a week."

"heh, what a crybaby," yoongi chuckles.

jimin pouts, punchin yoongi's arm, "hey! i was twelve!"

"yeah? and you still cried after he did exactly what you told him to do," yoongi responds, still laughing.

"shut up," jimin mumbles, hiding his face in yoongi's chest.

"okay, well the party is starting soon, so i guess this means i should order the pizzas and text seokjin?" jungkook asks.

"sure. i'll text taehyung and let him know," jimin gives a short, sly wink, and jungkook sighs inwardly. "okay, let's go."

-

"happy born day chim chim!" seokjin runs into the house, a gift bag in one hand, and a bowl in the other.

"hi! thank you, hyung. whatcha got there?" jimin asks, showing the eldest boy where he can put the gift.

"oh, jungkook insisted i make my "infamous" homemade salsa. just because i have an indoor garden and use fresh ingredients, doesn't make it any better than the local farm stands, kook!" seokjin replies.

"yes it does!" a quiet voice shouts from the other room.

"well anyway, i brought salsa," jin sets it down in the kitchen and jimin nods, returning to the group.

namjoon is making conversation with yoongi, while jungkook sits on the opposite side of the couch, his eyes locked on the door.

"he'll be here soon, don't worry," jimin says, placing a hand on jungkook's shoulder.

the younger boy just nods, not removing his eyes from the front door of jimin's apartment.

not long after, jimin's words come true and taehyung opens the door softly and quietly lets himself inside.

"taetae!" jungkook jumps up, acting like he has no idea what's going through his boyfriends head. he runs over to him and hugs taehyung tightly.

the older boy tenses, but tries to act like nothing's wrong. jungkook then grabs his hand, intertwining their fingers with a smile as his stomach feels all fuzzy inside. he really does love this boy.

he pulls taehyung to the kitchen, where everyone else is now gathered, immersed in conversation-- or three helpings of kimchi if you're jimin. taehyung raises his eyebrow at the birthday boy, trying not to laugh as his elder 95-liner attempts to shove another bite into his mouth.

"wha? seo-jin hyum maes gooh gimsee!" jimin mumbles around the food in his mouth. taehyung just laughs, slipping his hand out of jungkook's to go try some.

jungkook frowns at the loss of warmth in his hand, but he let's his boyfriend go.

"so? maybe i do like food more than i like you! why does that matter?" jin yells.

"because i'm your boyfriend! does pizza make you cu--"

"okay okay, there are children present," yoongi interrupts, covering jungkook's ears. the maknae pushes yoongi away, glaring.

"okay! cake time!" jin announces.

"oh, so now you're choosing cake to avoid my question?" namjoon scoffs

seokjin just rolls his eyes, and jimin brings over the cake. they sing to him and he blows out the candles, wishing for all of yoongi's love (and maybe more).

then they all gather around in the living room for jimin to open their gifts. he open's taehyung's first, so that he can see him open it before plan A sets into motion. he smiles at the younger boy and holds up a sweater.

"t-tae! this is fucking gucci! what the hell?!" jimin shouts, tackling taehyung in a hug.

"anything for you, jimin. you've become my best friend in the whole world in such a short time. i appreciate you more than you know," taehyung smiles warmly.

jimin feels tears well up in his eyes and he blinks them back. he thanks the younger boy profusely and sits back in his spot to open the remainder of his gifts. he winks at jungkook, and the maknae whispers in taehyung's ear.

jimin can see the hesitation in taehyung's nature before the boy nods and the couple stand up. they exit the room and go down the hall to the guest room.

("just please don't end this in make-up sex. if so, tell me before it happens and do it in my mom's old room, please and thank you."

"don't worry chim, we aren't at that stage yet."

"yeah, yet. just don't do it on my bed and let the rest of us leave the house beforehand, okay?")

"where are they going?" seokjin asks.

"to work some things out," jimin shrugs. "now, this one is from the kim hyungs!" he exitedly unwraps the gift and laughs confusedly when he sees what's inside. "um, hyung? what... what is this?" he asks, looking to jin.

"it's a painting of me! jeez, you people have no taste in art," seokjin rolls his eyes, slumping against namjoon.

"babe, give him the real gift," namjoon pleads. yoongi takes the picture out of jimin's hands and throws it on the floor, hoping it broke at least a little. seokjin scoffs, "hey! be careful! that is the most beautiful painting you'll ever see! there's nothing else like it!"

"oh shush, hyung, you're sitting right in front of me, why do i need a framed version on my wall?" jimin asks, batting his eyelashes innocently.

"this is why i like you the most. also, it's for when i'm not here, you can walk by this beautiful face and stare in awe everyday," seokjin places his palm under his chin fir emphasis.

namjoon rolls his eyes this time, and hands jimin the real gift. it ends up being a fifty dollar gift card for a mew restaurant a few blocks away (meaning it's really for yoongi so he can use it tomorrow night).

"thank you hyungs!" jimin hugs each of them. they all hear a few shouts from down the hall, but ignore them, knowing that the two maknaes will work out whatever it is.

"and now, for my gift!" yoongi says excitedly. he passes jimin a small gift bag, showing off his gummy smile that jimin just loves so much.

the younger boy pulls out the tissue paper in anticipation. when he sees a small box, his heart skips a beat.

could it jewelry? it's obviously not a ring... no... it couldn't be... we haven't even been dating for three months!

jimin begins to sweat nervously as he pulls the box out of the bag. he glances over to namjoon and seokjin, who just shrug. he then looks to his boyfriend beside him, who gives him the most eager look he can muster. the older boy nods toward the box, signaling that he should open it.

so jimin does just that. and when he opens the box and sees a cute necklace and two small pieces of paper, he smiles warmly. he picks up the necklace to examine it; it has a small charm on it with a heart engraved on one side and on the other, it has the word yoongi.

jimin looks to his boyfriend, to see him loft the collar of his shirt and pull out his own necklace that says jimin.

"i know we haven't been together that long, so that's why i didn't get promise rings it anything. but these necklaces are kinda just a reminder that no matter what, we have each other," yoongi blushes slightly.

jimin can safely say that that's a first he's seen.

the younger boy blushes as well, trying to contain his smile. he leans over and places his lips onto yoongi's. yoongi kisses back immediately, grabbing jimin's hand in the process.

"awww!" "ew."

they pull away and look to the couple sitting opposite them. seokjin has a hand placed over his heart and an endearing smile on his face, while namjoon has his face scrunched into a look of utter disgust, ultimately giving away who said what.

"oh shut it joon, weren't you the one saying how seokjin gets better sex from you than from pizza?" yoongi cocks his head to the side.

namjoon lowers his gaze and sinks further into the couch.

yoongi then turns back to his boyfriend. "there's something else in that box that you might wanna look at," he bites his lip, glancing down to the box in jimin's lap.

jimin nods, picking up one of the rectangular pieces of paper. he looks at it and reads the fine print. his eyes widen as he looks back up to yoongi.

"you didn't."

"oh, but i did."

"but-- no-- hyung! this isn't fair, i didn't even ask for this!" jimin chuckles, completely flustered.

"yah, you didn't ask for the necklace, either! be grateful, you brat these cost a lot of money," yoongi let's go of jimin's hand, crossing his own arms over each other.

"fine. thank you thank you thank you so much yoongi hyung you're the best boyfriend ever!" jimin collides with yoongi, almost knocking the older boy out of his chair.

he kisses him quickly before running his eyes over the concert tickets once more. "i hope you're excited, i've heard g-dragon puts on a good show," yoongi smiles.

"eh, i'm more of a taeyang stan but yes gd can put on a show," jimin sighs dreamily.

"you've seen them before?" namjoon asks.

"no... but i have watched like every concert video and fancam ever made, so the feels are real, but actually getting to experience it live, god damn it, min yoongi!" jimin hugs his boyfriend once again.

a few minutes later, the gifts are all stacked neatly on the kitchen table and jungkook and taehyung emerge from the guest room, holding hands and smiling.

"i told you it would work out," jimin mutters to jungkook before saying the same thing to taehyung.

and that night, after everyone else has gone and it's just yoongi and jimin, they sit on jimin's bed eating the leftover cake.

"i'm sorry if this is too personal or completely irrelevant, but do you ever just... think about hoseok? just randomly?" jimin asks, setting down his empty plate.

"all the time. he always reminded me of the sun so whenever it's a bright day i think of him. whenever i see those stupid shirts in my closet that he left, i think of him. you know, i don't think i've ever gone more than a minute since i met him that i haven't been thinking of him," yoongi explains.

"do you... do you still love him?" jimin asks, looking down.

"yes. and i'll never stop loving him," yoongi says. "but please don't think that that will affect us and our relationship. just because i still love my dead boyfriend doesn't mean i don't hold any feelings for you."

jimin smiles. "yoongi hyung... you make me so happy," he says, scooting over and situating himself onto yoongi's lap.

"you make me happy too," he pecks jimin's cheek.

the younger boy pouts using the tip of his index finger to poke at yoongi's lips, then his own. yoongi rolls his eyes, chuckling, but he leans in anyway. their lips connect softly and their breaths mingle together. jimin opens his mouth, allowing yoongi's tongue to wander and explore. the older boy tilts his head slightly to get a better angle, and jimin responds by humming and grabbing the back of yoongi's neck.

they pull apart for air, only to have yoongi flip jimin onto the bed, holding himself overtop the young boy. jimin's arms snake around the older's neck, pulling him into another heated kiss.

they make out for another few minutes, taking short breaks in between to catch their breath, but to no avail because just by looking at each other, their breaths are snatched right from their lungs.

they pull apart one last time, and yoongi's panting chest touches jimin's.

"i.... yoongi...." jimin says in between breaths.

"yeah?" yoongi pants.

"hyung... i... i love you," jimin looks deep into yoongi's eyes. they widen, filling with something unfamiliar to jimin.

yoongi just sits up, shaking his head.

"h-hyung..." jimin says.

"i-i...."

"hyung, do you love me?" jimin asks, anxious for the answer.

"jiminie... i... i like you, i really, really like you. like, i like you more than i've ever liked anything in my life!" yoongi exclaims.

"bu-ut?" tears fill jimin's eyes.

"b-but... i just don't know if it's, you know, love just yet," the elder explains.

"o-oh," jimin stares at the ceiling.

"jimin, i--"

"no, it's fine. you like me. that's all that matters," the younger states.

"yeah, but you love me. i just told you that i'm still in love with hoseok, and still trying to get over him, yet you dare say that all i do is like you?" yoongi asks.

"hyung, you're making this out to be a bigger deal than it needs to," jimin cuts in.

"but jimin, you have to understand that it may take me a while to love you. i'm still trying to figure this out," yoongi pleads.

jimin just nods. he looks up at his boyfriend and combs his fingers through his hair.

"i love you, yoongi."

"and i'm trying to love you, jimin."

and even though this wasn't his exact birthday wish, it's still the best he could have ever imagined. and that night, both boys sleep beside each other; jimin, still wearing his new necklace, and yoongi, wearing two, thin chains around his neck, one for each person he holds closest to his heart.

THE END

---
a/n: y'all

do you hate me

THIS IS SO LONG LMAOOO

((ALMOST 2500 WORDS GO ME))

anyway

ye dis be di end

*IMPORTANT PLS READ*

and for those of you who don't know-- THERE IS GOING TO BE A TAEKOOK SPIN-OFF OF THIS BOOK; you'll get to see their love story and get more details on jungkook and jimin's friendship and all dat

anywho thank you thank you thank you to all of those supporting this book, i appreciate everything!!! i read (and lov) all your comments and im just so grateful to have readers like you; you make me wanna write and update everyday lol

again, thank you, and see you next time

((oh yeah there's also a sequel lol))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

514 45 33
Everyone grows as time passes by. Grows up, grows close to people, grows distant from others. With time though, people change, develop different inte...
242 49 24
"We're one. Even if i'm not with you physically, if i'm in your heart and mind. . . I'm still with you." ❗UNDER EDITING❗
314 14 21
"do we know each other??" "no" "good now mind your own business and let me mind mine!"