Intrinsic ▷ Draco Malfoy

By illustration

❝Life itself is so adored because it begins and ends so very fast, and it might explain why it's so intrinsic... More

INTRINSIC
ZERO
ONE
TWO
FOUR
FIVE
SIX

THREE

3.8K 186 19
By illustration

❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖

THREE; BASICS FOR BEGINNERS

     DRACO AND STELLA'S hands clasped together as they stood outside of Snape's classroom. Goyle was chatting about his events over the summer, although many of the Slytherins were barely listening. Stella spotted Harry approaching, and smiled at him. Draco's back tensed in jealousy.

     "First Potions class of the year," Stella noted, glancing at the side of her boyfriend's face. So far, they made it through one class without bickering. Blaise was calling it a new relationship record.

     Draco skipped past the normal conversation. "Was thinking of buying you a new dress, my love. Sound nice?"

     Stella raised an eyebrow. "Are you trying to drown me in presents this year? You know how I feel about you wasting money on me, Draco. I'm completely fine with what I have."

     The dungeon doors of Snape's classroom opened. Students began filing in, and Stella took her normal spot next to Draco and Blaise. Draco's hand was still holding hers tightly.

     "Settle down." Snape's tone was sharp and cutting, and Stella didn't miss any part of it over the summer. "Before we begin today's lesson, I think it's appropriate to remind you that next June you will be sitting an important examination, during which you will prove how much you have learned about the composition and use of magical potions. Moronic though some of this class undoubtedly are, I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my," he paused, staring at the students in front of him. "Displeasure."

     Stella rolled her eyes. Potions wasn't a difficult class she had to worry about, but she knew some of the Gryffindors were frightened of Snape's wrath.

     "After this year, of course, many of you will cease studying with me. I take only the very best into my N.E.W.T. Potions class, which means that some of us will certainly be saying goodbye."

     Snape's threat was clearly directed towards Harry, and the teacher received nothing but a cold glare.

     "But we have another year to go before that happy moment of farewell." Snape's tone loosened. "So whether you are intending to attempt N.E.W.T. or not, I advise all of you to concentrate your efforts upon maintaining the high-pass level I have come to expect from my O.W.L. students."

     Snape immediately assigned the class with the task of making a difficult potion in a short amount of time. Stella started getting to work while Draco watched her in admiration. Blaise flicked his ear and demanded for him to start.

     Snape was walking around the classroom to check the progress of the students and criticize their work, although most of the critiques were handed to Gryffindors. In particular, Snape's favorite victim came to light.

     "Potter, what is this supposed to be?"

     Stella's fellow house members were snickering. They always loved a good show of Snape taunting Harry.

     "The Draught of Peace," replied Harry. Stella could hear the bitterness laced in his voice.

     "Tell me, Potter," Snape continued to press. "Can you read?"

     Draco laughed. Stella elbowed his side. Blaise smiled, sensing the first fight of the day emerging from the couple.

     Snape kept mocking Harry until the boy realized his mistake in the potion. In reality, Harry's potion wasn't as bad as any others in the class. Stella's turned out perfect, of course, but some in the class had set theirs on fire or turned it into a foul case of rotten eggs.

     Once Stella left the room, she exhaled a sigh of relief. Luckily, because she was placed in Slytherin, Snape never targeted her as an enemy. Otherwise, she would receive endless backlash for being adopted into the Weasley family and changing her last name to Abberdon-Weasley.

     Draco ran to catch up with his girlfriend. The frown painted upon Stella's lips didn't go unnoticed — her mood had been decreasing for months now, and Draco was unsure of how to lift her spirits back up again.

     "My love, you must tell me what's wrong. Let me make it better."

     It was lunch at the moment, and Stella knew Slytherins were waiting expectedly in the Great Hall for Stella and Draco's daily fight. Stella was so tired of her and Draco's relationship being made out as a joke. She loved the boy dearly and fighting might not have been normal for other couples, but it was normal for them.

     "I want to be a Weasley," Stella confessed, leaning against one of the walls. Everyone was piling into the Great Hall, paying no attention to Stella or Draco. "I want to have red hair and freckles like my sister and brothers. I want to be born to a family that loves me for who I am, not because I'm just another pawn in the Death Eater game."

     She slumped against the wall, fingers tangling into her hair. Draco's arms found their way around her waist, pulling her into his chest.

     "My love, my love, my love," he breathed, fingers stroking her back. "Are you not already a Weasley? Do you not live with them or call them your brothers and sister?"

     "But it's different, Draco-"

     "What's different?" He whispered, lips ghosting over her forehead. "As far as I know, the Weasley family aren't concerned about looks — that's fairly evident. You are a Weasley on the inside, as much as I truly despise it."

     Stella's eyes met his, and a smile overtook her grimace. She pulled his chin down so he could properly kiss her, and the both of them smiled meekly.

     "Should we fake our usual fight today? Everyone will be expecting it."

     "My love, I assure you that I'll do something in between us walking into the Great Hall and sitting down that will set you off," said Draco, smirking.

     Stella knew he was right.

     She observed as the two entered the Great Hall, hand in hand, watching as most of the Slytherins in their year were anticipating what would ensue next. Stella sighed when she heard the words "oh good, Potter isn't here" leave her boyfriend's mouth. Blaise was smirking, ready to take in her reaction.

     The yelling began five minutes into the lunch period, and the Slytherins felt as if the school year had officially begun.

❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖

     Umbridge was clueless.

     That was most likely the nicest word Stella would use to describe her — clueless. The catastrophe of a lesson already had Stella on the edge of her seat, biting her tongue and gripping Draco's hand fiercely when Umbridge had the whole class reading "Basics for Beginners." She would try and read the chapter as instructed, but became too frustrated to read another word of simple rules she knew from her first year at Hogwarts.

     The Abberdon-Weasley girl was thrilled when she saw Hermione staring straight, hand raised in the air. Umbridge was clearly ignoring her, but Hermione's persistence was attracting attention. Hermione never passed up the opportunity to open a book and read.

     Finally, Umbridge made a decision. Stella winced when she heard her sickly sweet voice emit through the classroom. "Did you want to ask something about the chapter, dear?"

     "Not about the chapter, no," replied Hermione.

     "Well, we're reading just now," Umbridge pointed out. Stella scoffed, leaning back in her seat. Draco began placing light kisses against the back of her hand. "If you have other queries we can deal with them at the end of class."

     "I've got a query about your course aims," Hermione shot back. Stella raised an eyebrow in amusement, exchanging a look with her brother.

     "And your name is?"

     "Hermione Granger."

     "Well, Miss Granger, I think the course aims are perfectly clear if you read them through carefully," Umbridge said, clearly determined on keeping her voice at an unbearably sweet tone.

     Stella was going to riot. Luckily, Hermione didn't beat around the bush. "Well, I don't. There's nothing written up there about using defensive spells."

     Most of the students examined the blackboard again to read exactly what Umbridge had written down as course aims for the year. The population inside the classroom had began noticing what Hermione pointed out.

     Course Aims:
     1. Understanding the principles underlying defensive magic.
     2. Learning to recognize situations in which defensive magic can legally be used.
     3. Placing the use of defensive magic in a context for practical use.

     "Using defensive spells?" Umbridge said with a laugh. Stella didn't see what was so funny about the situation. Hogwarts could be attacked at any given time, and they were wasting daylight by simply understanding, learning, and placing. Hermione was right — using defensive spells was the only way. "Why, I can't imagine any situation arising in my classroom that would require you to use a defensive spell, Miss Granger. You surely aren't expecting to be attacked during class?"

     Ron's jaw dropped. "We're not going to use magic?"

     "Students raise their hands when they wish to speak in my class, Mr.-"

     "Weasley," Stella answered for her brother, challenging the woman up front. Every eye turned to her, and Draco squeezed her hand as a warning.

     "Don't push it, my love. You're angry right now, but you'll regret it later," Draco whispered.

     Stella tore her hand away from his. "The only anger I have right now is towards you and that woman up there. Don't push my buttons when it comes to getting my education, Draco."

     Hermione and Harry's hands shot up once more.

     "Yes, Miss Granger? You wanted to ask something else?"

     "Yes," Hermione said. "Surely the whole point of Defense Against the Dark Arts is to practice defensive spells?"

     "Are you a Ministry-trained educational expert, Miss Granger?" Umbridge asked. Stella was ready to stand and show her some defensive spells, but Draco was holding his girlfriend down with all of his power.

     "No, but-"

     "Well then, I'm afraid you are not qualified to decide what the 'whole point' of any class is. Wizards much older and cleverer than you have devised our new program of study. You will be learning about defensive spells in a secure, risk-free way-"

     "What use is that?" Harry interrupted, fire laced in his voice. "If we're going to be attacked it won't be in a-"

     "Hand, Mr. Potter!" Umbridge scolded. Stella thought of a useful way to appropriately bring her hand into the equation.

     Harry's hand flew high in the air, but Umbridge chose to ignore it. However, the whole room was now adding to the tension, and a handful of arms were waiting to be lowered when their question was answered. Stella was one of them, eyes blazing with frustration.

     "And your name is?" Umbridge asked Dean.

     The whole lesson began traveling south from there. Dean backed Harry up, and Umbridge seemed oblivious to it all, brushing off the students and claiming that they would never be attacked in the safety of the classroom. Stella's nails began digging into her desk, and Draco's anxiety was building. Umbridge was constantly scolding everyone for speaking out of turn, but when hands shot up, she pretended like they didn't exist.

     Stella's cheeks were turning a malicious red color now.

     It wasn't until Umbridge decided to ask what Stella concluded to be the most idiotic question she had ever heard in her life. And one time, a muggle asked if her and Ron were dating.

     "Who do you imagine wants to attack children like yourselves?"

     Harry didn't miss a beat. "Hmm, let's think," he said mockingly. "Maybe Lord Voldemort?"

     Ron and Stella couldn't help but gasp. Stella had forgotten how careless Harry threw around the name. Although there were mixed expressions across the room, Umbridge didn't falter.

     "Ten points from Gryffindor, Mr. Potter."

     Everyone's focus was either on Umbridge or Harry, waiting to see what words were thrown around next. Stella was gripping her desk tightly, afraid of the consequences Harry would soon face for his words.

     "Now, let me make a few things quite plain. You have been told that a certain Dark wizard has returned from the dead-" Umbridge began, but Harry cut her off again.

     "He wasn't dead," Harry spat. "But yeah, he's returned!"

     "Mr. Potter, you have already lost your House ten points, do not make matters worse for yourself," said Professor Umbridge in one breath. "As I was saying, you have been informed that a certain Dark wizard is at large once again. This is a lie."

     "It is not a lie!" Harry argued. "I saw him, I fought him!"

     "Detention, Mr. Potter!" Umbridge spoke as if she had won the fight against him. "Tomorrow evening. Five o'clock. My office. I repeat, this is a lie. The Ministry of Magic guarantees that you are not in danger from any Dark wizard. If you are still worried, by all means come and see me outside class hours. If someone is alarming you with fibs about reborn Dark wizards, I would like to hear about it. I am here to help. I am your friend. And now, you will kindly continue your reading. Page five, 'Basics for Beginners.'"

     Umbridge sat back down, a triumphant smirk upon her face like she had officially silenced the whole classroom. Harry wasn't going to let her prevail so easily. He stood up, all eyes on him.

     "Harry, no!" Hermione said in a warning tone. She tugged at the sleeve of his robe, but Harry jerked his arm away from her.

     "Harry, yes!" Stella exclaimed from the other side of the room, shooting him a thumbs up.

     "So, according to you, Cedric Diggory dropped dead of his own accord, did he?" Harry tried to ask with confidence, but his voice wavered.

     The class all took a collective breath. Although the news about Cedric was widespread and almost everyone in Hogwarts knew about the catastrophe of the Triwizard Tournament, none of them had heard Harry speak about it. Stella thought it was an unspoken rule — never bring up Cedric in front of Harry.

     Umbridge wasn't smiling this time. "Cedric Diggory's death was a tragic accident."

     "It was murder," Harry remarked. "Voldemort killed him, and you know it."

     For a split second, Stella thought Umbridge was going to hex him. However, her fake tone made another appearance. "Come here, Mr. Potter, dear."

     Harry obeyed his orders, walking up to Umbridge's desk. The whole class watched in anticipation.

     Umbridge reached into her handbag and pulled out a roll of pink parchment. She began to write on it, but no one could see what it said, not even Harry himself. When she finished, she tapped the parchment with her wand so it would conceal itself from Harry's eyes.

     "Take this to Professor McGonagall, dear," said Umbridge, giving the note to him.

     Harry took it from her grasp and exited the room, his mouth sealed shut. He didn't look behind him, and Stella worried about what would happen to him.

     Draco made sure to capture her attention again. "You should've-"

     "Don't," Stella seethed, teeth grinding together. Her eyes flickered to Blaise, who was watching the two intently. "Blaise, you wanted so many fights this year so that you'll constantly be entertained, right? Well, here's your second one of the day."

     The dark-skinned Slytherin smiled, and Draco glared at him.

     Once Umbridge dismissed them to leave, Stella's feet moved so fast that Draco couldn't catch up with her. Nonetheless, this setback didn't prevent him from shouting her name down the hallway. Pansy and Millicent watched as Draco pushed through the people crowding around him, grumbling to them that they needed to move out of his way so that he could apologize to his girlfriend.

     The responses he received was mainly "she'll be upset with you in another hour, anyways" and "typical Slytherins."

     Draco wanted to scream at them. He wanted to tell them that even though he had enough money to make most of his classmates shy away from him, all he needed was Stella in his life. No matter how many times they fought — which was more than people actually realized — he never enjoyed any part of it. He could always hear the disappointment laced in Stella's voice, and it was the worst sound that could come to him. He didn't mind hearing it from his mother and father, but he wanted to make Stella proud.

     He wanted his girlfriend to be proud when she held hands with him in the corridors or kissed him in front of the whole Great Hall.

     He despised that ashamed look that washed over her features when Draco stepped out of line or said something he clearly shouldn't have. Despite their long history together, he was still learning how Stella's mind worked. He knew now that saying anything awful about her family would be crossing the biggest line ever invented, albeit he almost let crude comments slip sometimes.

     But Draco didn't know how far she would go to defend her friends.

     It was evident that Stella knew about the Death Eater world and how she might be sucked into it. Draco promised himself that he would never let that happen. They would have to kill him first before that mark ever touched Stella's perfect skin.

     However, being raised by the Weasley family and considering Harry Potter and Hermione Granger to be her closest friends in the entire world was only going to be a huge setback for her. Being friends with Harry only placed a bigger target on her back — something Draco was trying to prevent.

     "Just give up," Blaise's voice snapped him out of his reverie. "You know she walks fast when she doesn't want to speak to you."

     Draco ran his fingers through his hair in frustration. "How badly did I mess up this time?"

     Blaise shrugged. "I'd give it two hours."

     Theodore passed by, grinning as he raised his hand. "I'd give it three."

      As the two slapped hands to make their bets, Draco rolled his eyes and thought of ways to apologize to the one girl who meant more to him than anyone or anything else in the whole world.

draco and stella fight a lot but they're so cute together i love them

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 30 8
maybe i'm afraid of you. harry potter. order of the phoenix - deathly hallows. fem!oc x male!oc.
128K 5K 41
Some people just change our lives. But we get to choose if it's for better or for worse. ♡ ♡ ♡ published: august 20, 2021 DISCONTINUED. I'm so sor...
385K 3.9K 53
Title.
15.1K 272 58
My inspiration is @draco.malfoy_.povs on tiktok. You're in a toxic relationship with Draco and put yourself first for once. But who you end up with...