Mated To The Dragon✔(COMPLETE...

By LadyGaara

-COMPLETED AS OF JUNE 1, 2017- Highest Ranking: #1 - November 27, 2018 ~READER REVIEWS~ "WOW" - StephanieSmit... More

Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 1
Mated to The Dragon- Ch. 2
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 3
A/N
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 4
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 5
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 6
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 7
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 8
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 9
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 10
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 11
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 12
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 13
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 14
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 15
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 16
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 17
<3
Mated To The Dragon- Ch 18
IDEA!!!
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 19
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 20
.......Please Read.
Here Again.....
News
<3
Happy New Year <3
Get Ready!!
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 21
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 22
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 23
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 25
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 26
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 27
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 28
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 29
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 30
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 31
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 32
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 33
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 34
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 35
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 36
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 37
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 38
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 39
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 40
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 41
a/n
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 42
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 43
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 44
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 45
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 46
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 47
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 48
Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 49
EPILOGUE
UPDATE
Thank You
Thank You
Y'all Are My Piece Of Paradise 💗
1 MIL

Mated To The Dragon- Ch. 24

24.3K 1K 61
By LadyGaara

Mated To The Dragon - Chapter Twenty-Four

The next day was easier than the last. Scarlet felt like a prisoner who knew her deadline was nearing and would soon be freed. She didn't put much thought into the idea Dargon could be gone longer than a couple days. She was very much anticipating his arrival and that kept her mind off of Maria - who had left her a platter of what appeared to be leftovers from the pack, but chose not to show her face that morning.

She was fine with that. If Maria did not want to be bothered, she didn't have to come back. Of course it was easier to accept that when she knew the love of her life would fill in that sense of emptiness Loneliness caused.

She couldn't believe how her feelings could surge through the roof with someone she'd not even known for that long. She overheard fellow shifters talk about how an instant connection could be formed when two mates finally found one another. Some even got visions beforehand of their counterparts life, so by the time they crossed paths, it was as if they'd already met.

Scarlet felt giddy inside as the morning crossed over into noon. She knew it'd be any minute now.

But then noon fell to evening, and evening eventually darkened into night.

No Dargon, and No Maria.

***

This same thing proceeded for the next few days. By the end of the week, Scarlet felt like something was terribly wrong. He shouldn't have still been away. She only wished Maria would come into the cave instead of stalk around the outskirts of it. Scarlet even tried to be up early enough on a couple occasions to catch her Luna as she was dropping off food for her to consume - but the woman was too stealthy and too quick. So she decided she'd wait until her familiar smell came near, and she'd beckon for her. She knew Maria would hear - but also knew it was her decision as to if she would join the girl or would pass up on it and leave her to another silent crying session.

Scarlet was very attentive. She pushed the full plate of food from side to side. She didn't have it in her to eat this day. She was actually finding herself throwing up a lot more than she was taking in. Every time she imagined Dargon bleeding out, or somewhere brutally murdered, her stomach did a flip, and out would come the contents of her stomach. She couldn't handle it. It was too much for her. She cared too much. She at least hoped the link was powerful enough through the distance so that if Dargon was still standing and something were to suddenly go wrong, she'd grasp some feel to know her mate was in trouble.

But did she really want that . . ?

Did she want to feel his pain up until his last breath and know that there was nothing she could do to help him?

Yes.

At least when the link confirmed her worst fears, she could find a way to end her life. She was nothing without him.

An hour passed. Maria had not returned.

Scarlet looked around the cave, and used the wall behind her as support to pull herself to her feet. She couldn't do this anymore. She felt so secluded and trapped. She was a wolf for Moon's sake! She needed to be out and breathe the air, smell the nature, feel the earth.

She let her wolf finally come forth after so long, and shook the thick fur. She padded to the cave's exit. Her paws halted at the thin line between safety and the outside world. Her chest rose and fell with every breath. She pushed her nose out the cave to inhale the air. That was all it took to drive her out. Scarlet leaped over obstacles and dove through the trees. Adrenaline pumped through her veins to match that of her swift beating heart. It'd been too long before she could do something like this. All because she feared the outcome . . .

Now that she were out, she didn't know what she was so afraid of!

She skidded to a stop, and dropped to the ground to roll in the dirt as any playful canine would. And for a split second, her concerns vanished.

Crunch.

Until she heard that noise. The noise of someone who'd been following her for a while. Waiting until she made the move to leave her dome. And it wasn't just one. Scarlet's noise detected quite a few different smells. She flattened her ears against her head, kept her body lowered to the ground, and dared to glance up.

Trackers of her old pack.

Bad memories came rushing towards her, and she whimpered.

"Well, well, well. Looks like she's finally come out to play." One said, a smirk shining brightly on his lips.

"What do we do now?" Another inquired.

"Whatever's necessary," This one . . . This one sounded familiar . . .

She looked past the others to see . . .

"James?!" She tried to mentally reach him.

But he'd had means of communication with her blocked out. Scarlet yelped when she felt one of the broad shouldered men kick her in the hind. "Come on, little bitch. We don't wanna have to hurt you too bad."

"Shift, backstabber." A growl demanded.

She could feel one of the trackers in wolf form spring up to nip her tail, then retract with a mentally hearty laugh when she curled it around herself. The men were quick to close in on her, kicking, swearing, and attacking her until she finally lost control over her animal and fell back to a clothless human.

"Hah, you've finally put some meat on your bones. The dragon must have treated you well in his presence. Hope you enjoyed it while it lasted. If all is well, your precious reptile race is now extinct."

"You hear that, Girlie?" Her hair is gripped, and she is jerked up roughly. "Did you say your goodbye to that bastard? By the time this is over with, you're gonna wish you went with him." Dropping her, his large boot collided with her stomach and, winded, she wheezed and coughed up blood.

Chuckles spread through the group - all except for James, who eyed her with a look of disapproval. "Go let him know we located her - all of you." The Beta ordered. "Ill take it from here."

Marlow, one of the most recent additions to the pack who'd quickly set into things; spit on the vomiting girl like she trash she felt like. She didn't know Scarlet long, in fact, when she first came she hoped the two could become friends. Until Scarlet had left. Marlow knew there was nothing worse than a Betrayer. "Sin's gonna be pleased with seeing you again." She stepped back. Though recently initiated, she already had more leadership than most by being a female. The female wolves were treasured greatly to the unmated males. She could convince any of the low down lust-mutts to do whatever she wanted, but the one she'd fallen for was already taken.

"You sure you got this, James?" Marlow asked, her serious gray eyes had lightened up with hints of concern.

"I do," He said. "Thank you."

She offered him a small smile, then turned her attention to the boys who watched her - waiting for her to signal an order. "Lets go," She turned, and shifted. Behind her, the human Trackers mocked her actions and followed in tow to her shiny black coat.

Looking down, James carefully bent to hoist the girl in his arms.

"J-J-James . . ." She stammered, and adjusted in his arms to throw up more of the same runny blood. Her entire body hurt.

"Hush, Scarlet . . . My pity for you left the day you did. A member doesn't ditch their pack, no matter the troubles that go on within it. You've disappointed me," He started to walk.

They'd done a number on her, and Dargon wasn't there to save her. Yet for the first time ever, there was something more important to her that somehow made the pain numb. She didn't care that they'd hurt her, but she did note that James made her heart feel as though it'd squeezed into a tight ball.

She only hoped Dargon was well enough to get by whatever sick things Sin sent his way, and would soon come back for her like he promised.

Closing her eyes, she held onto James, and nuzzled into his shirt. "I'm sorry. . ."

Averting his eyes forward, her old friend held her closer. "No, I'm sorry." He knew she was in for hell now, and as much as he wanted to guide her elsewhere, he knew he couldn't. Scarlet's grip loosened, and her body fell limp into the stage of unconsciousness.

****
A/N: I don't know how I felt about that chapter. But hopefully it was enjoyable for all of you.

Vote
Comment
Follow

Love you all!

XOXO,

LadyGaara

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174K 5.2K 26
CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT 18+ Recommended Prequel to All But Rejected Mate. This story is the sad beginning behind the Fury family. It takes three gene...
8K 366 58
This is book one of the series. Jordan shifts slightly in my lap so she can see my face. "Liam, I want you to mark me." She bluntly states and expose...
234K 8K 65
{Book one of A Different Kind Of Fairy Tale Series} *She pushed herself off of me and sat down in the seat in front of me. "I admit you're insanely a...
900K 19.6K 33
"So you really wanna know this story?" Grandma Fran said, slowly rocking in her chair. I nodded my head eagerly and begged, "Pleaseee!" She chuckled...