Fallen Angel (Camren)

De alrenreguiaf5H

Karla Camila, model, millionaire. With a past laden with love and heartbreak caused by Lauren Jauregui, one o... Mai multe

Little Note + Summary
Project (1)
Contract (2)
Fashion Show (3)
Saving You (4)
Remembering (5)
Resentment (6)
Change of plans (7)
Miami (8)
Truce (9)
Feelings (10)
Forgetfulness? (11)
New sensations? (13)
Connections (14)
To allow (15)
A new side (16)
Promises (17)

Truth (12)

19.2K 584 988
De alrenreguiaf5H

Karla Camila Cabello's Point Of View

My mother didn't take no for an answer, and Lauren was practically carried into the house in Sinu's arms. I didn't know if I felt comfortable with that situation. I know that I accepted the proposal to let her get back into my life again, but going too fast wasn't in my plans. I didn't want to make any rash decision, either against or in favor of Lauren.

"Alejandro! Honey, put one more place at the table. We have a visitor!" Sinu yelled as she walked down the hallway towards the kitchen.

We stopped by the door while Lauren took off her partially damp overcoat. She was somewhat shy, and it wasn't for less, it's been many years since the last time she was in my family's home.

"Look, I imagine that you don't feel okay with this, but I..." She tried to explain herself timidly.

"Don't worry, okay? I know the persuasive mother I have. I know you didn't have much choice. I'm sorry." I said tranquilly as I walked to the living room beside her.

"There's no need to apologize. It's a pleasure to be in the presence of your parents again."

"Then feel at home, Jauregui."

"Hija!"

I heard my father's deep voice flood the room, making a smile grace my face. I ran towards him, hugging him tightly. I felt his arms wrap around me like he always used to do, almost lifting my body from the floor.

"I missed you, dad."

"I always miss you, pequeña. How are you?"

"I'm much better now." I whispered.

"Look who's here, I can hardly believe it." The man murmured as he loosened his arms around my body. "How are you, Lauren? I see you look wonderful. I look at you two all grown-up like this and I feel extremely old."

"Don't say that, you look very well, Mr. Cabello." Lauren greeted him politely.

My parents have always liked Lauren, they've always treated her in the best way possible. They were never harsh or stern with her, even after what had happened years ago. At first I got angry at how they could be so nice to her, even after everything she did to me. But it was a button I couldn't push anymore, I heard several times the speech where both of them asked me to forgive her, even when the feeling that filled me the most screamed for me not to do it.

"You're being kind. I'm getting a little fat, and with some white hair. But I'll change that soon."

"You look handsome, dad." I said as I hugged him sideways. "Where's Sofi?"

"She must be finishing showering, soon she'll join us."

"I miss her so much."

"We all miss you, mija." My father said before depositing a small kiss on my head.

"I can't believe it, I think I'm seeing a mirage!" Sofi exclaimed.

I looked at my younger sister, who was standing at the end of the huge staircase. It was always a surprise to see her, she looked so mature, even though she was a teenager. Sofi filled me with pride. I walked in hurried steps to the younger one, enveloping her in an affectionate embrace. We stood there for a few instants, until Sofi pulled back and approached Lauren, with the same surprise as my parents'. We talked for a few minutes until we heard my mother calling us for dinner. Lauren got along very well with my family, she didn't seem uncomfortable, just a little shy, but I was sure that by the end of dinner, the sensation would be the same of years ago.

The aroma of the dinner made by Sinuhe was simply incredible. My father sat down at the table, and then we did the same. Lauren sat on the chair in front of me, facing me, right next to my mother.

"This looks delicious, Mrs. Cabello." Lauren smiled.

"Oh Lauren, you don't have to call me like that."

"I insist."

Dinner was going smoothly, in the best possible way. My family seemed perfectly used to Lauren's presence, as if the years hadn't passed, and for a few instants, that brought me good memories. We laughed and talked about past events, as if they were still frequent.

"So you're working with my sister?" Sofi asked.

"Yes. I'm the general director of this Victoria's Secret's project, and Camila was chosen to be the main star."

"I'm so proud of you, hija! It has always been your dream to walk down the runway for that company, and now look at you!" My mother exclaimed proudly.

"Do you remember when she paraded around the house with the fairy wings from Sofi's birthday?" My father asked amid a laugh.

"Please, we don't need to remember that."

"I remember!" Lauren exclaimed.

"What? You saw that? Oh, God, no!"

"Of course! I took pictures of you, they came out great!" Lauren let out right after taking a sip of the red wine in her glass. I shook my head and smiled.

"It's so good to have dinner with all of you here, I feel like the years haven't passed." My mother said as she rested one of her hands over mine and the other over Lauren's.

We stared at each other for a few moments, but we soon looked away. Lauren flashed a friendly smile at my mother, who reciprocated in the same way. My father got up and walked into the living room, as he called us to join him.

"Let me help you." Lauren offered quickly, seeing my mother remove the plates from the table.

"There's no need, sweetie."

"We can all help."

"Since you insist." Sinu shrugged and walked towards the kitchen with a few plates in her hands.

Sofi went into the living room with Alejandro, while Lauren and I removed the rest of the dishes and glasses from the table.

"How are your parents, Lauren? They left some years ago, and I never heard from them again."

"They are great, they keep moving from place to place, as usual." She grumbled as she set the glasses delicately on the counter. "But they are very well."

"That's wonderful! When you go see them, tell them I sent my regards. The last time I saw your father, he was negotiating the sale of the house with the tenant of the house next door."

"Oh, yeah. I don't think I've ever really got over the sale of that house. I loved it, but they thought it was necessary since we had to move."

I remained quiet while my mother seemed too entertained chatting with Lauren.

"I understand. It's a wonderful house, if I didn't love mine so much, I'd move there, it's on sale now."

"It is?" The businesswoman asked.

"Yes. Jackie can't stay, she got a job in Canada, and put it up for sale."

"Is she here right now?"

"Oh, she isn't. But her husband is."

"You're interested in buying a house?" I asked as I approached.

"Not until a few minutes ago. But that house has a sentimental value for me, and Miami is a good place to live."

"So you intend to live next door to my family's house again?"

"Who knows?" She shrugged as she wiped her hands on a white napkin. "Don't you miss it here?"

Her question came loaded with an ulterior motive, it wasn't only the place that Lauren was referring to, but everything that one day it meant.

"I don't know if I do." My words came out with certain irony, which was totally ignored by Lauren.

"We can find out." She whispered. A happy grin was gracing her lips, indicating that she didn't feel discouraged with my defensive posture, on the contrary, it only made her more persistent.

"You two can go to the living room and keep Alejandro company, I'll take the dessert in a minute, it's divine!" My mother exclaimed, drawing my attention.

We were so entertained, with the dessert and in the company of one another, that we didn't even see the time passing. Outside, a storm still poured over the city of Miami, making the atmosphere inside even more cozy, despite the thunder and lightning, which time or another startled us.

"Enough with these videos already!" I exclaimed as I got up from the couth and turned off the TV.

My father had the brilliant idea of showing all of our homemade videos again. It was one of our favorite things to do, and whenever we had time, we reminisced moments like those.

"Ooohhh! I was enjoying watching you as a baby." Lauren said amid a laugh.

"One day we'll see the rest, Lauren. Don't worry." My father commented.

"Dad, Lauren has already seen all these videos."

The man stared at me with a frown, and then he realized that he had once showed them to her. "Oh yes! I remember showing them to you." He said to Lauren.

"It's always good to watch them again, Mr. Cabello."

"See, Kaki?! Lauren, just like me, loves to watch them." He said as he stroked my hair, to then head into the kitchen.

"If I didn't stop him, he'd keep watching them until falling asleep." I whispered to Lauren, who chuckled softly.

"I wouldn't mind."

"But I would!"

We stayed in silence for a few instants, turning the atmosphere into a somewhat awkward one. My reconnection to Lauren was being something gradual. I didn't want to take a too big of a step than I could handle, and she seemed to understand perfectly well.

"Well, I think I'd better go." She said as she stood up.

I stared at her tranquil expression, and accommodated myself better on the couch. For a few instants, I felt a certain relief due to her leaving, taking with her that luggage of past memories, but on the other hand, I felt somewhat bothered to see her leave.

"Alright." I said amid a sigh. "Okay."

"I'm going to say goodbye to your parents."

I just nodded, and stayed in the same place, while Lauren headed into the kitchen to say goodbye to my family. I heard some murmurs in protest, they all had a great esteem for the woman, and always made question of having her presence in the house.

"It was a pleasure to spend tonight with you." I heard Lauren say.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay and sleep here? It's pretty late." I heard my mother say.

"Don't worry! It's okay."

"Alright, may God go with you, sweetie."

"Thank you."

As soon as Lauren left the kitchen, I got up from the couch to walk her to the door. She flashed me a satisfied smile, and I promptly reciprocated it as I stood by her side. I grabbed her overcoat from the coat-hook by the entrance door, handing the piece of clothing to her.

"Wow, the sky is pouring down outside." I said as I looked out the small window.

"Yes, but I think tomorrow will be a beautiful day to make up for tonight."

"So I hope, tomorrow we're having a kind of lunch in celebration of my mother's birthday."

Lauren opened the door and walked outside.

"Oh... I didn't know, otherwise I'd have brought her an early birthday present." She finished putting on the overcoat, and then looked at me.

"Well... You can come here tomorrow." I said and Lauren stared at me. "It's lunch, and I think she would be very happy with your presence."

"You think?"

I looked away from her penetrating gaze, staring at the rain that was pouring down a few meters from us.

"Yeah, I do."

Lauren waited for me to face her again to then speak:

"Then I'll come."

"Okay, I'll wait for you."

We just stood face to face as we stared at each other without saying absolutely anything. It was always like this, that silence that enveloped us.

"Thanks for today."

"Thank you, for the dinner and the company."

"Right..."

"Well, I'm gonna go now."

Lauren leaned forward, so that we could say goodbye with a hug. I felt her arms wrap around me slowly as her head came towards the crook of my neck. Maybe that hug was lasting longer than normal, but honestly, in that moment, I didn't care. I felt her breath against my skin, making me shiver.

"Good Night." I whispered as I pulled back.

"Good Night, see you tomorrow, Camz." She smiled and stroked my face before walking away with her umbrella towards her car.

*Flashback On*

It was a busy morning, we were celebrating my mother's birthday. My parents, as always, found any reason to throw a party, inviting almost the whole neighborhood and friends to enjoy a day with free drinks and food. God! It was so laborious. I was going crazy as I tried to help set the table with everything and to greet people with a smile on my face, when I just wanted to sit on the couch and eat until I couldn't anymore.

"Can you take this to the table, Mija?" My dad asked as he pointed to the tray where the cheese balls were. Those little things were so delicious.

"Yes, dad." I let out with a sigh as I carried the tray in my hands.

With a kind smile, and a few dodges, I walked past the people scattered in the hallway. And that was when I saw Lauren walking through the front door, she greeted a few acquaintances as she seemed to be looking for something in the midst of the 'crowd'. The girl looked beautiful, as usual. She was wearing light denim shorts, with a ripped style, and a gray shirt that had a print of an Indie singer, Lana Del Rey; and a pair of white All Stars. We hadn't talked to each other properly in a few days, our classes had been canceled due to some internal school problem, and Lauren, on her turn, was always busy, and every time I contacted her to hang out, I always received a good excuse that politely refused it. Or maybe it was all in my head, and she really was busy.

"Camila!" She waved, flashing me a smile that gave me butterflies.

"Dammit, Camila!" I whispered to myself in a groan as I walked briskly to the food table in the garden. Lauren waved to some people and walked over to me, stopping right next to me.

"Hey, I'm glad you came!" I let out excitedly, and somewhat nervously.

"I said I would, and my parents came too!"

"Oh, really? Where are they?" I asked as I looked around the garden.

"Hmm, they must be talking to your parents somewhere." Lauren said as she grabbed a cheese ball from the tray. "I see that you're pretty busy."

"I'm just helping out with a few things."

"Can I help too?"

"There's no need, you're a guest."

"Come on, Camz." She said amid a chuckle, as she lightly bumped her shoulder against mine. "I missed you."

"Don't lie! You forgot about me all week, ever since we got back from Ethan's house."

"I've just been helping my parents with the renovation of Taylor's bedroom, it looks amazing now!"

"You're a construction master now, Jauregui?"

"I work from home, baby. Is there something for me to do here?"

"Idiot." I laughed.

She laughed too, and ate another cheese ball. "This is so good!"

"I know, I didn't want to serve them because I wanted to eat them all by myself later, but my parents didn't accept my idea."

"You'd have to share with me."

"Why?"

"I'm your best friend, and you love me. It's a pretty good reason."

I frowned and rolled my eyes, receiving a laugh from the girl in front of me. Before I could rebut her reasons, I was grabbed by the waist.

"Hello, my beautiful Latina!" Vero exclaimed excitedly. "Hello, my cute boring friend." She completed to Lauren, who stared at us.

"I'm so glad you arrived! I thought you wouldn't come."

"Seriously? I spent the whole week with you planning the food and the drinks for this party, and you thought I'd lose the best part?"

"Don't even think about it, my parents won't let us drink."

"Uncle Alejandro used to be more liberal." Vero grumbled as she looked at the cheese balls on the tray.

"You spent the week together?" Lauren asked.

"Yes, ma'am." Vero said after chewing the first one. "We called you several times, but you were busy."

Lauren nodded with a brief smile. "Yes, I've been very busy!"

"I'm glad you're here, we missed you. Has Ally arrived?" Iglesias asked as she hugged Lauren.

"Oh, she's not coming. She's been at her grandmother's house all week." Lauren said calmly.

"Camila! Can you help with the other things?" I heard my mother shout from the front door, making me huff discreetly, as I flashed a smile of fake excitement.

"Sure, mom! I'm on my way!"

My mother nodded and returned to the guests inside our house. Lauren and Vero looked at each other, holding in their laughter.

"Don't laugh at my enslavement, help me!"

The day was literally tiring, but after singing happy birthday and letting everyone eat and drink the food and drinks that were on the large and full table, I had a brief pause to rest. I sat on the living room couch as I watched my mother talk about how happy she was for having everyone present there. Our family, who over the years followed my parents' path, leaving Cuba, others leaving Mexico, seeking a new life in the US. I loved to hear that story, and as much as I knew all its smallest details, the experience was something that I could never forget, even with my young age at the time, it was always emotional and inspiring.

"I love the story of your family." Lauren whispered close to my ear.

I faced her elated gaze, offering her a brief smile.

"Me too, it just makes me more proud of who I am."

"You have every reason to be proud of yourself."

"Thanks, Laur."

Lauren's absence during the whole week made my days dull and lifeless, bringing out a grumpy and sad Camila. Being emotionally dependent on someone was disastrous. You become used to all the habits that you have with that person, and when for a few instants that is missing, it's as if you're losing everything. Dramatic, I know, but it was inevitable. It's as if someone is part of your day, whether with a good morning, or with a laugh, or even with a silly conversation. Simple as it may be, it has its importance, which you can't live without.

"You don't have to thank me."

We stared at each other for a few seconds, making me remember the images of Lauren a few inches from my face. I could still feel my chest warm up at the sensation of having her so close. Our kiss had become a constant memory, a pleasant one, but somewhat painful. The moment had been wonderful, magical and intense for me, but what happened next not so much. Lauren had forgotten, like a useless event of a drunkenness night, when for me, it had become an important mark on my feelings for the girl. It was frustrating.

"Give me some space!" Vero exclaimed as she sat down beside me, leaving me between Lauren and her.

"I got my hands on a bottle of Vodka and put it in one of the cupboards in the kitchen to hide it, what do you think of us drinking it in your room?"

"Where did you get it?" I whispered.

"I stole it from the bartender in the garden, he must have noticed its absence by now, but he won't know that it was me."

I let out a laugh and shook my head.

"Oh no. No more drinking, the last time was somewhat traumatic!" Lauren said, and I looked at her with a frown, and then she continued. "I spent the next day throwing up my soul."

"You're very weak."

"Let's go to my bedroom, it's better than being here around everyone."

"That's my girl!" Vero lifted her body from the couch quickly.

"Hija?"

"Oh God, I can't ask my mother to leave me alone on her birthday, can I?" I grumbled in a way so that only my friends could hear. "Yes, mom?"

"Come here, your uncles want to see you."

"Get ready for the boyfriend question." Lauren said with a laugh.

"I can go with you and you can tell them that I'm your girlfriend, and they'll never ask you anything." Vero suggested, making me laugh.

"Don't be an idiot." I playfully bumped her shoulder with my own. "Go to my bedroom, I'll go get the bottle of Vodka and something to mix with it, and some glasses and ice. If I drink pure Vodka I won't get up tomorrow."

"Are you sure you don't want to take me up on my offer?"

"Yes, Iglesias!"

She kissed my cheek and walked away with Lauren towards the staircase that led to the second floor. I walked to the garden, seeing the family table crowded, and with everyone very excited by the way, they were singing and talking so loud that it could all be heard in the nearby town. As expected, they asked about everything, including about boyfriends, and my mother smiled and answered for me, saying that the male owner or female owner of my heart hadn't yet showed up. Some people looked at each other, and others just smiled tranquilly. The way my parents were so cool and casual about my sexuality startled many, and for others it was totally natural, as it should be.

"Now you can go, Camila. You're totally free to hang out with your friends." I heard my father whisper. "I know you've been waiting for this all day."

I stared into his eyes and made a face that revealed that he was right. The man laughed and patted my hair affectionately before letting me go. Before joining the girls, I went to the kitchen to grab the bottle of Vodka, three glasses, ice and a bit of juice to mix with the drink that Iglesias had stolen. I went up the stairs and walked down the hall to my bedroom. As I approached, I could hear Lauren and Vero in a somewhat whispered conversation, making me step back and stop in front of the door, which was ajar.

"Don't play the fool, you know what I'm talking about." Veronica said.

"No, I don't know!" Lauren protested.

I saw Vero pacing across the room with a bored expression.

"Yes you do! About the night at Ethan's house, about pretending that you were too drunk and that you forgot about what happened!"

Oh shit! Vero and her big mouth. In that instant, my heart leapt in my chest with such intensity that I thought it would come out of my mouth at any moment. I closed my eyes and shook my head as I thought about whether or not to go into that room. During Lauren's absence this week, Vero noticed my lack of excitement, and didn't rest until she knew the real reason. After venting to her, and hearing her cuss Lauren in a pure and natural protectiveness of me, she calmed down and advised me as she always did. Vero loved Lauren, but she loved me too.

"No, I don't know!"

"Lauren!"

"Okay! I remember..." Lauren confessed.

I can't explain the sensation of that moment, a kind of cold that ran through my whole body, followed by a sudden dejection. I could feel the beating of my heart in my chest growing stronger as my breathing grew heavier. Lauren remembered, she remembered our kiss, and until a few days ago that could have been wonderful, but now, now it was totally disastrous. She had lied, lied to me.

"Oh God, and why did you lie? Why didn't you tell her?" Veronica asked.

"Why are you meddling in this?" Lauren asked, somewhat irritated.

"Because you two are my friends, and I care about the both of you. I know Camila, and I know how that damn forgetfulness of yours made her feel."

"Don't talk like you're the only one who cares about her, I love Camila as well."

"Yeah... I can totally see that, it shows..." Veronica completed with disdain.

"You don't understand!"

"What don't I understand? That you're a coward? That you chose to hurt your best friend's feelings instead of simply being honest?"

"It was better this way..."

"Why?"

"I didn't want to ruin our friendship. That was just an impulsive act of ours. We were drunk and that's it."

"Oh my God, you can't be that dumb!"

"Could you two wait for me to have this conversation?" I asked as I entered the room, drawing their startled gaze.

Suddenly, silence fell upon us. I walked slowly to the corner of my bedroom, and set the bottle and the glasses on the desk on the side. Then, I turned my body towards the two, and faced them.

"Camila..." I heard Lauren whisper, making my chest rise and fall quickly. "Let me explain."

"Explain?"

"Yes, I have a good explanation for having done this."

A bitter smile graced my lips as my eyes filled with tears.

"You want to explain why you've been treating me like an idiot for these past few days? You want to explain that you pretended you didn't remember that night because of a damn kiss?"

Lauren lowered her head, visibly nervous, as she took a deep breath.

"Camila..." Vero whispered.

"No, Vero! Don't say anything right now. I want to hear what Lauren has to say!" I stared into Lauren's startled and teary green eyes. "Tell me!"

"I just didn't want..." She paused and took a deep breath, as if gaining courage to continue. "I just didn't want to mess up our friendship, what happened was a drunken one-time thing, we drank and-"

"You're absolutely right, it was a one-time thing. Just forget about it, okay? Just forget that whole night altogether."

"I don't want you to stay mad at me..." She approached, standing a few centimeters away from me.

I stared at her for a few instants in full silence. I wanted to be able to explain what I was feeling, but I was too devastated for that. I just wanted to disappear, wanted to be alone, or be somewhere that would put me a million miles away from Lauren. For the first time ever, I didn't want to be in her presence, I didn't want to look at her, and much less touch her. Perhaps for a few instants I had felt anger, revulsion, but not because she didn't reciprocate my feelings, but because she lied to me, she pretended to not remember, when we had enough intimacy to the point where we could be honest with each other.

"Leave."

"Camila..." She touched my hand, and I pulled it away.

"Leave now!" I exclaimed loudly, making her stare at me startled. "I don't want you here, leave!"

"I'm sorry. Forgive me, please!" She burst into tears, making everything even more intense. "I didn't want things to get weird between us. I just didn't want to lose you."

"Just leave me alone." I said seriously. "Please."

Lauren stared at me with her eyes full of tears, but didn't say anything, just nodded and walked to the exit, leaving me in Veronica's presence, who affectionately, approached me and wrapped me in her arms.

*Flashback Off*

I poured myself a glass of the juice that was on the table on the deck of my parents' house, while a few guests wandered around the garden. I greeted some from afar, others just stared at me, as if I was a movie star. After becoming a world-renowned model, my family's friends and acquaintances saw me as someone unreachable, when in fact, I hadn't even changed at all, I was still the same.

"Mila?" Sofi called as she approached next to a girl.

"Hey, little sis."

"Can you take a picture with my friend? Her name is Marie, and she's been starstruck ever since she saw you arrive."

"Sofi!" The blonde girl exclaimed, embarrassed.

"Yes, of course!"

"Oh God, Karla, you're amazing!" She said with a smile. "I want to be a model as beautiful as you."

"Thank you so much, Marie. I bet you'll be a sensational model! I can teach you a few things whenever you want, like walking down the runway for instance."

"Ugh, don't say that. She'll keep pestering me about that now." My sister grumbled, making me laugh.

"Take our picture, Sofi." The girl handed my sister her cell phone.

I positioned myself next to the girl, who smiled radiantly at the camera of her cell phone. We took two pictures, which was enough to make Marie thank me nonstop, saying how much her friends would be excited and jealous of her new photos. Sofi rolled her eyes and dragged the girl away as she heard her talk about that moment. After Marie, some of the guests approached, with the same request as the one from the young girl, and even though I didn't feel completely at ease, I took some pictures and thanked them for their affection.

"I see you have fans everywhere."

A smile was born on my lips before I even looked at her. I heard the sound of her footsteps, informing me that she was closer than I imagined. Lauren stood beside me, making me face her. She didn't look at me, just kept her attention on the kids that were playing in the swimming pool, as she took a sip of some drink that was in her glass.

"You think?"

"Absolutely, I'm one of them." She said as she looked at me for the first time.

"So much so that you didn't even want me in your VS project." I let out ironically.

"I had my reasons." She countered with a smirk.

"Which would be...?"

"The possibility of a third world war, initiated by you."

"I see that you know me perfectly well, Lauren. You know I'm capable of that."

"I do, but you can no longer do that."

"Why?" I asked confused.

Lauren had an annoying little smile on her lips. I saw the woman walk away slowly, forcing me to follow her.

"We made a deal, Cabello. A truce."

"I can end the deal any time I want." I rebutted, making her stop dead in her tracks.

The businesswoman spun on her heel, and stared at me with a frown. "You don't want to do that."

"Who guarantees you that?" I challenged.

"Me, Lauren Jauregui."

We stared at each other for a few instants, turning the atmosphere into a more intense one, which was interrupted by my younger sister.

"Mila, can you help me finish wrapping mom's present?"

"Camila? Mija? Come here, I want you to meet someone!" I heard my father exclaim as he waved from afar.

"Okay, go to your father, and I'll help your sister with the present." Lauren offered.

"Thank you."

After spending a few minutes in my father's presence, and a friend of his, I politely said goodbye to both of them and walked into the house. My mother was in an entertaining conversation with her friends in the living room, which I didn't even bother to join. I walked straight to the kitchen, looking for something to eat, I could already feel my stomach growling in protest.

"Can I keep this?" I heard Lauren's voice.

"Sure, but don't tell anyone I gave it to you." My sister spoke.

I stopped in the middle of the way, hiding behind the door of the kitchen. Lauren was leaning against the counter, while Sofi finished wrapping her present. Due to the distance, I couldn't see what Lauren had in her hands, and I cussed myself inwardly for that. What the hell did Sofi give to her?

"You better do things right this time. My sister suffered with your idiocy." Sofi let out straightforwardly, drawing Lauren's gaze. I loved how my sister could be sharp when she wanted.

"I've changed, Sofi. I'm a grown woman now, I think differently. And all I want is to be able to show that to Camila."

"I really hope you can, despite everything, I've always liked you, Lauren."

"Oh yeah? You want me as your sister-in-law?"

Sofi let out an amused laugh, making me smile from where I was.

"If Camila wants you as a girlfriend, I want you as a sister-in-law."

"And what if she doesn't want me?"

"I'll still want you as a sister-in-law."

Lauren laughed and pulled my sister into an affectionate hug.

"I love her, Sofi. And I'm going to show that to her."

"If you need help, count on me."

I smiled at the sight of the two of them whispering in the kitchen, it was funny to see my sister so protective when it came to my relationships, especially with Lauren, who was one of the biggest messes of my life. This time I wouldn't interrupt her, I'd let Lauren show me her new way of showing her feelings, even if I didn't obtain a positive result. It was risky, allowing it, but like she had said, we'd never know without trying. And I'd try, for myself, for her, and for what we once had.

After a full and joyful day, the guests began to leave. I could see in my mother's satisfied smile how her birthday had been wonderful. She was sitting next to my dad on the porch as they savored some sips of wine. I loved to see them together, it was the perfect representation of a united couple, a real couple. Sofi was lying on the couch, talking to Normani about some show that was playing on TV, the two of them seemed entertained with that, which left me delved in an annoying boredom. I filled my glass with wine again, and walked to the other side of the porch, not wanting to interrupt the romantic mood surrounding my parents, I had done that several times in my childhood.

I sat down on the first step of the stairs that led to the garden, and placed my glass of wine next to me. From a distance, I could see Lauren saying goodbye to an acquaintance, who stole her time for hours, making me cuss him inwardly for that. She seemed uncomfortable and somewhat impatient, for the last thirty minutes she frowned in frustration every time she saw me looking at her. The gray-haired man entered his car, receiving a gentle wave from Lauren, who walked away as soon as the car drove away. Perhaps the several glasses of wine were taking effect in that instant, I felt really, and I mean really, attracted to the businesswoman, who was now approaching me quickly.

"I'm free!" She exclaimed relieved before sitting down beside me.

"Finally, I thought you'd take him home." I took another sip of the wine under the supervision of those intense eyes.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to leave you alone."

"But you did, and I brought you here to be with me."

"I'm with you." Her voice came out almost like a whisper, which made my eyes move to hers. Lauren looked happy, her eyes showed that clearly through the glow on that greenish iris of hers.

"Don't look at me, close your eyes!" I said as I covered her eyes with my hands.

"Why?" She asked smiling.

"I feel like you suck my soul with them." She kept smiling, without removing my hands from her face. "You know that your eyes have always been one of my favorite parts about you."

"And what are the others?" She asked as she joined her hands with mine, to lower them slowly.

"I'm not that drunk to blurt out those secrets."

"And that's exactly why I'm asking now, I want you to tell me while you're sober."

"Don't even think about it." I took another sip.

"Oh come on, Camila! Just tell me one more." She inched closer, to the point where our arms brushed against each other time or another. "I can tell you what I like about you then!"

Lauren was always so insistent, she hadn't changed at all in that aspect. I remained silent, while she wouldn't take her eyes off me. I pretended that I didn't even care, I grabbed the glass that was on the floor and brought it up to my lips, drinking the liquid at once, to the last drop.

"I like the tone of your skin, and how delicate it is. I like your hair, just like this, loose and wavy, au naturel. I like your body, every little detail I've had the pleasure of touching."

I took a deep breath without looking at her, I couldn't look at her, not now. I felt my body shiver, even without having received her touches, her words were enough to make me nervous. I swallowed hard, tapping my fingers nervously over the empty glass in my hands. Lauren tilted her body slightly, leaving it a few centimeters away from mine.

"I like your face, your eyes, I love your eyes, Camila." She lifted a hand to my chin, forcing me to stare at her. "They are the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen."

"Are you trying to seduce me?" I whispered with a smile.

"Is it working?"

A broad smile graced her lips, which were then slightly bitten by her teeth.

"Yes..." I confessed with a smile.

"Can I continue?"

"You can." I sighed. "I mean, you can't."

I got up quickly, causing the woman to also get up immediately.

"No, no! Stay! Please." She held my hand, preventing me from walking away. "I'm sorry, I just got carried away in the moment..."

"And you think I don't want to get carried away as well? I do, a lot. But I want to do things right."

"I know, Camz. And I'm patient, I know how to wait."

She took a step forward, standing right in front of me. We stared at each other for a few seconds, which were enough to make me beg the Gods for control to not kiss her and let things happen. It wasn't easy, but it was necessary. A second chance couldn't be handed on a silver platter, we were getting to know each other again, and there was a time for everything.

"Thank you for inviting me, I loved spending time with you and your family."

"It was good to have you here with me."

"Well..." She said awkwardly. "I'm gonna go now, we have a very busy day tomorrow."

"Of course, you're right. I'll walk you to your car."

We walked together to the parking lot, in full silence, but not an awkward one. Lauren stopped in front of her car, and faced me. "See you tomorrow, Camila."

I took a deep breath as I felt my hands tingle. It was weird, but I felt that if I didn't do this, it would be a lost day in her presence. I stared into the woman's green eyes, and let myself get carried away by a single impulse. Lauren closed her eyes as soon as I sealed my lips to hers, receiving me in her warm arms. I sighed in a satisfied way when her tongue snaked over mine slowly, making me burn inwardly. Subtly, I trapped her lower lip between my teeth, making her tighten her fingers on my waist in response.

"See you tomorrow, Lauren." Those were my words before I kissed her lips one last time that night, to then walk back into the house.

-----

NOTE: When Evelin updates again, I'll translate and post it.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

116K 4.3K 25
"...I didn't realize it at the time, but you were exactly what I needed that night. I needed one person to reach out. I needed someone to show me tha...
216K 5.2K 24
Lauren Jauregui became friends with five weird yet amazing girls. Camila, her best friend, keeps on giving her mixed signals which lead to Lauren thi...
625K 19.8K 38
It's so hard to forget about the people who once loved you and cared for you. And it's harder to forget the ones who have cheated you and played you...
24.7K 1.1K 34
Lauren was a celebrated young director in the industry. She owned a production house where she spent most of her time doing things she loved. Her med...