Pleuvoir | Eric Coulter

By punktuations

Highest rankings: #1 in Dauntless #1 in Factions #1 in Jai #1 in Divergent #1 in Eric [Previously "What She... More

Isa
Dalawa
Tatlo
Apat
Lima
Anim
Pito
Walo
Siyam
Sampu
Labing-isa
Labing-dalawa
Labing-tatlo
Labing-apat
Labing-lima
Labing-anim
Labing-pito
Labing-walo
Labing-siyam
Dalawampu
Dalawamput-isa
Dalawamput-dalawa
Dalawamput-tatlo
Dalawamput-apat
Dalawamput-lima
Dalawamput-anim
Dalawamput-pito
Dalawamput-walo
Dalawamput-siyam
Tatlumput-isa
Tatlumput-dalawa
Tatlumput-tatlo
Tatlumput-apat
Tatlumput-lima
Tatlumput-anim
Tatlumput-pito
Alternate Ending

Tatlumpu

12.4K 247 10
By punktuations

K a r o l i i n a

As Eric settles down next to me in the middle of the night, I am not surprised like I am before. It's been routine to have him home in the late hours of the night, miraculous if he made it back at nine. 

He's been so busy lately, always going up to his office these past weeks. I suspect that it has something to do with the Factionless situation broadcasted back at Erudite, but I always refrain from asking him about it. He will tell me if he is ready.

"Stop thinking," Eric says gruffly, pulling me closer.

"I can't help it," I say in a quiet whisper, "I'm worried about you."

He says nothing for the rest of the night.

~

He's ready. I think as I watch Eric lumber into the kitchen with no shirt on, his hands scratching his growing stubble. He sits on a chair lazily, and sighs as he looks at me with his beautiful blue eyes.

"It's about the Factionless," I nod, already expecting it, and gesture for him to go on, and he looks even more exhausted, "We found their lair, hideout, whatever you want to call it."

My expression shows I'm confused, and he takes his time before answering, "They have weapons. More than Dauntless has."

His words register in my brain like a dangerous warning, "What? How did that happen?"

"That's what we're trying to find out," Eric is frowning, "We think they have inside information... inside Dauntless."

"That's absurd," I say, wringing the rag I am washing and hanging it on the rack, "Surely Intelligence has it all covered. And, isn't Four in Intelligence?"

"Four can kiss my arse," Eric says, his eyes suddenly narrowing, "He's gone. Out of reach. We don't know where the hell he is."

My eyebrows creased together in worry, "Four, gone? What if he was taken hostage in Faction--"

"Or he could be the spy."

His words shut me up. Four betraying Dauntless? That sounds like a joke.

After a long silence, Eric drags himself up from the chair and walks towards me. His hands wrap around my waist and he lays his head on top mine, "I'm sorry if I upset you or something. I'm just really tired of all these shit."

"It's fine," I say hoarsely, "It's not your fault." And we stay like that until we both need to go our separate ways.

~

Since I am always alone, I had no fun outside Eric, work and home... and the rooftop.

Currently, I am browsing through the library, looking for a good book to read. So far, all the book titles seem to have 'blood', 'war', or 'fight' in them. 

Dauntless at its best? Maybe.

From the counter, I can see Quentin and Gwyneth snacking on a cake I brought them, smearing frosting on each other's faces and giggling like three year olds. A smile spreads across my face. 

What a couple.

Suddenly, a sharp, searing pain is felt on my shoulder, and I scream, collapsing on the carpeted floor with a loud thud. My eyes start to spill big, fat tears, and they decorate my face messily. My hands go up to clutch my painful shoulder, and I hiss in pain when it throbbed.

"Fucking damn it. Watch where you're staying!"

I see a blurry figure in front of me, and based from the voice, the said figure was a man. I can vaguely see him through my tears, but I soon hear a rushing of feet, followed by a high-pitched scream and a muttering of "Oh, dear."

I black out.

~

Everything is numb.

When I open my eyes, I am greeted by harsh fluorescent lights. The smell of disinfectants and similar liquids reach my nose and I sneeze, irritated by the smell.

"Are you okay?" 

When I turn my neck, I see a man about Eric's age, with blond hair and green eyes that remind me of the trees I once saw in Amity. He had an intimidating scar from his right cheek going down his jaw, and he was huge, not like Eric's build, but larger than most men I've seen.

"You dislocated your shoulder because you were standing stupidly on my way even when I told you to fucking move."

What the fuck? Is this guy for real?

"Listen here, Scar Face, you ran into me and therefore, you hurt me. You should be apologising instead of being a big arsehole."

He sneers, standing up and knocking back the chair he sat on, "You listen, bitch--"

"Lee?" Eric bursts through the door, eyes wild and reckless, "What happened?"

When he reaches the spot next to me, that's when he notices the man who called me a bitch. His eyes stare at the man for a long time, and then he speaks in a tone that's sounding grave, "It's been a long time, Jeno."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

722K 15.8K 40
At the Choosing Ceremony four years ago Tobias Eaton left more than an abusive father behind; he also left his younger sister. Now it's time for the...
15.8K 1.4K 5
𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕 𝑪𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏..🌼
139K 3.1K 19
"We're both bad people, but together- we make something good."
126K 2.8K 22
During the Uprising, Valentine killed many people. Including Bianca's parents. She grew up with Valentine, being abused and used for her skills and t...