Alice Of Under [ON HOLD]

By Mercy-Hime

Alice Finch lives a normal life with her moody sister Veronica, and goody-two shoes twin Ellyse. She gets in... More

Disclaimer
Chapter Two ~ Mismatch Chairs
Chapter Three ~ A Scratch

Chapter One ~ Detention Slip

66 7 2
By Mercy-Hime

So I want to make a dedication to one of my best-wattpad-friends, Taylor. You are such an amazing person, a great writing and so so beautiful. I was crying tears of joy when I got your letter. Thank you so much for the encouragement

_____

“Alice! Wake up already!" a booming voice called. 

My long messy brown hair tangled around my face as I groaned on my bed in annoyance, covering my entire head with the pillow to pretend that the voice I heard didn't exist. I hoped that the voice would just disappear so I wouldn't have to get up from my nice, cosy, warm bed. After several moments of silence, I relaxed, letting my body sink into my bed once again. 

Finally, I don't have to get up this time. It was almost too good to be true.

I let head rest on the fluffy pillow and let my mind go back to sleep with a heavy sigh. But it wasn’t meant to be, and it wasn’t long until the blanket covers were torn away from me, letting the cold wind get to my skin.

"Alice, I told you to wake up five minutes ago," ordered a strict voice.

I knew it. 

I groggily sat up on my bed. My eyes felt heavy, but I managed to open them with a scowl on plastered on my face, only to find my older sister, Veronica, standing in front of me. Her dark midnight black hair and deep blue eyes shone from the little light in the room. Many of her facial features were the same, to the point that she looked just like an older form of me but with longer bangs that covered most of her forehead that framed her face. The only other difference was our hair and eyes. My hair was a dark brown --thanks to a bottle of hair dye-- and my eyes a dull green. She greeted me with annoyance clear on her face while I glared back but she stood there unaffected. 

Why do you have to be invincible to my glare?

"Alice, get up. You're going to be late for school," she ordered.

"I don't want to," I quickly groaned, picking some sleep crust from my eyes. I fell back on my bed and pulled the covers on top of me and tucking them tightly over my head, moaning from the energy already used. But Veronica didn't let it go. Pulling the covers away from me, she took me by my hand and dragged me in the bathroom where my uniform hung clean and crisp on a hanger. She started running the shower, the steam filling the room and fogging up the mirror. 

"Take a shower and get dressed. If you're not down by the next twenty minutes, you can say good bye to your dinner," Veronica said on the other side of the door.

"Fine, I'll be down there!" I yelled in annoyance. Soon, I heard footsteps leaving and scowled at myself in the cloudy mirror. "I hate it when she uses food against me.”

I sighed and decided to hurry up with, considering my sister could get harsh when she gets annoyed, and my dinner was on the line.

It was the same thing every morning, Veronica would go downstairs to the kitchen to eat something for breakfast while scowling. As always, waking me up annoyed her. I don’t see why she doesn’t let me sleep in, its not like I went to the majority of my classes anyways. Ellyse, my younger twin, would be sitting quietly and happily eating, acting the part of the perfect girl she was. 

        I jumped out of the shower, the cold air felt like ice on my recently warm skin. Lukewarm water dripped off my hair and trailed down my back.  After drying off and lazily blow-drying my hair, I started  getting dressed, which included a half unbuttoned shirt, a loose tie and a nose piercing that said a bit 'Fuck You' to the school rules, and made my way down the stairs.

"Good morning," Ellyse greeted Veronica from the table sweetly as she took another bite of toast.  My sisters hadn’t seen me yet, Veronica was never this smiled around me. exhaled to calm herself down. She walked over to the kitchen table to grab her mug of hot coffee that steamed a delicious aroma.

Taking a sip, Veronica took a seat in front of Ellyse. She put the mug down on the table and sighed. "She's as stubborn as always. Why can't she be more like you?"

"Are you talking about me?" I chimed. They both looked up me in unison, witnessing me standing at the bottom of the staircase with my school uniform on, in easy ear shot of them.

       Both Ellyse and I wore the exact same uniform; a black blazer over a white dress shirt, a red tartan tie and a pleated red tartan skirt. We wore them in different ways though, my socks came to my mid-thigh and were black, white hers stopped just over the knee, were white and had red little bows at the top, although I personally didn’t see the appeal in them. Her uniform look clean and ironed, it was worn the way it was meant to, while mine looked simply messy. Her hair was out as usual, only with two braids on each side that met at the back of her head tied with another red bow. 

Even though Ellyse and I were twins, telling us apart was easy because I had dark brown hair while Ellyse had a blonde so light it was commonly mistaken for white. My hair used to be a dark bonde, so of course I dyed it.

Both of us also had very different personalities; I was more outgoing, saying what was on my mind while Ellyse was polite and soft spoken. Ellyse was the youngest and the "good girl" of all us three. She was obedient and well-mannered, unlike me, who was the complete opposite. While Veronica was nothing like any of us; she was calm and collective but easily annoyed and quick tempered. which I got from her, except she doesn't like to show much emotion rarely fumed.

"Yes, we were," Veronica answered bluntly. I could see her moods suddenly dropped, something that often happens when she had to deal with me. She picked up her mug and stood up from her chair.

I flung my head forwards, sending droplets of water through the air and around the room, before I bunched my hair at the top of my head and tied it into a messy ponytail. 

"Come on, eat your breakfast already. I still have to drop both of you off at your school. I don't want to be late for mine," she said before she dragged out a long sigh.

I swallowed the food in my mouth and took another big bite. After I drowning my orange juice my breakfast  was finished. Ellyse watched in horror as I took my last bite, big enough to choke me.

"Alice, you should take smaller bites, it would be terrible if you end up choking."

"So?" was my only reply.

Veronica sighed for the fourth time that morning.

"Really, Alice. You are just unbelievable," she muttered.

Ellyse and I both got up and went over by the door to put our shoes on. Veronica picked up the empty plates and left them in the sink before she followed us to the door. I decided to complete my attire with black laced combat boots while Ellyse put on black dress shoes with a small red bow on them. Veronica matched her short leather boots with her attire and opened the front door.

During the short walk, Ellyse had managed to tie a red ribbon around my ponytail in a perfect bow. I sighed, I didn’t understand why she always did this. Everything for her was about how people see you, first impressions, but I didn’t see the point. Why have someone like you if it’s not you? As far as I knew, Ellyse did like the things she wore and didn’t just wear them to impress others, if not; she wouldn’t have gone through the effort of sewing lace around the cuffs of her shirt and the hem of her skirt. But I didn’t like it, so I can’t understand why she wants me wearing them. Its not like a ribbon is going to suddenly get people to like me.

        It was my fourth period history class when I really couldn't take my boring lesson anymore. The teacher went on and on and on about something I didn't particularly care about. I desperately blocked out whatever he was saying and looked outside the window. The sky was bright blue and clear and the sun just shined like there was no tomorrow. I looked downwards, where a large white rabbit sat in the grass. 

That's odd, I thought. I had never seen a rabbit around the school grounds, let alone one so white it put my sisters hair to shame. 

"Miss Alice, do you mind paying attention to my lesson instead of the window?"

I snapped away from my thoughts and turned to my scowling teacher. He had one eyebrow arched, his mouth a straight line, and a look that said "pay attention or get out of my classroom". Gladly, I thought. The silent threat didn't scare me but after the teacher resumed his lesson, I paid attention. Or at least, I tried for a bit.

Soon, I was able to keep my eyes on the board, while my mind wandered.

Off with their heads! 

My eyes snapped open as the sound boomed in my head, my eyes darting around the room. 

Off with their heads! Off with their heads! Chop them off till the roses are red!

I quickly shook my head in attempt to erase the unwanted sound. Unfortunately, the teacher caught me not paying attention once more.

"Miss Alice?" he called. I stopped shaking and looked up at him, the voices immediately vanishing. "Would you mind walking down to the office where you could get me a detention slip to give to you?" The man smiled sarcastically as he watched me frown as I got up and walk towards the door.

"Oh, and I hope you don't mind that once you return from your little trip, you'll be more interested in learning. Otherwise, you might need to run and get me another one," he warned just before I closed the door softly behind me and walked down to the office.

_____

I actually have no idea where this story is going, wish me luck.
Also, after every 5 - 10 chapter I'll probably do a major edit to make everything sound better. If there are any major changes, I'll let you know.
Updated:

I know this is realy slow at the moment, but I have a pretty good idea where it's going and the next chapter is better!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 97K 38
Presenting the story of ISHIKA MEHRA Whose innocence made the king bow down to her AND ABHIRAJ SINGH RATHORE Whose presence is enough to make the per...
264K 8.7K 104
"Choi Sarang I'm in love with you. I've always been and I'll always be." Jungkook whispered to Sarang. Follow the life of Sarang, the first and only...
182K 6.6K 62
[Everything is fine but you will die no matter what you do ★] [Synonym for a shitty game of luck ★] [Is there anyone who has seen an ending other tha...