Falling For Ashton Parker ||...

By arandomhello

It only takes a second for something to catch your eye. It only takes a second for it to change your life. It... More

Author note
00 | INFORMATION
01 | CHAPTER ONE
02 | CHAPTER TWO
03 | CHAPTER THREE
04 | CHAPTER FOUR
05 | CHAPTER FIVE
06 | CHAPTER SIX
07 | CHAPTER SEVEN
08 | CHAPTER EIGHT
09 | CHAPTER NINE
10 | CHAPTER TEN
11 | CHAPTER ELEVEN
12 | CHAPTER TWELVE
13 | CHAPTER THIRTEEN
14 | CHAPTER FOURTEEN
15 | CHPATER FIFTEEN
16 | CHAPTER SIXTEEN
17 | CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
18 | CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
19 | CHAPTER NINETEEN
20 | CHAPTER TWENTY
21 | CHAPTER TWENTYONE
23 | CHAPTER TWENTYTHREE
24 | CHAPTER TWENTYFOUR
25 | CHAPTER TWENTYFIVE
26 | CHAPTER TWENTYSIX
27 | E P I L O G U E

22 | CHAPTER TWENTYTWO

13.2K 416 35
By arandomhello

- - - - -
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y T W O
- - - - -

The night drew on. I sat in the comfy couch scrolling through the channels. Tanner and Jordan were both helping Ethan on his project that he somehow forgot was due tomorrow.

Matthew was nowhere to be seen, thank god, and my mom was at work. Working another night shift to pay for the wedding. Which they decided to do the first week of spring. Two months away. It still will come by quicker then I want it too.

I thought about the party Hunter invited me too. Its obviously gonna be at some popular girl house so that means Grace will want too go. Its the last party until the new year. Everyone goes. Especially Ashton.

"Hey sis could you hand me that paper stack?" Tanner called from the kitchen. Jordan and Ethan had paint all over their hands, Tanner was holding scissors and glue.

I groan before handing the stack of colorful paper over to them. I was trying quickly to get back in my spot and trying hard to get comfy once again. I pulled the blanket over my body when I finally found a show I'm willing to watch. Teen Wolf.

I opened my eyes and saw a layer of snow outside. I twisted and saw my phone lying facedown on the couch, vibrating rapidly.

Grace.

"Hello?" I say with my sleepy voice.

"I'm here." She says.

I panic and moved the phone away from my ear too check the time.

7:25 was written across the screen in white coloring.

"Oh my god, I slept in." I apologize quickly, standing up quickly too.

Groaning at the pain in my leg. Grace must of heard it.

"Don't break yourself, I'll forge us some excuse notes." Grace tells me. She is a master at forging even though its illegal. Then again, when your mother is constantly partying, you sign things yourself.

"Thanks." I mumble.

"I'll go get us breakfast." She says before hanging up the phone.

How did I get so lucky to have a Grace Smith in my life. Everyone deserves a Grace in their life.

I pull myself up the staircase cause Tanner is at work by now. Jordan probably out with his other friends. Visiting before he heads back to college.

I could feel my leg getting stronger as the days go on, but standing up too quickly caused me intensive pain.

I slip some jeans on and my white tee shit with red flannel over. Fixed my hair into a braid and covered the dark circles under my eyes. Also the usual annoying zit that formed on my cheek overnight.

I walked outside when Grace sent me another text. she was waiting inside her car with a huge smile on her face. I noticed her bring a Starbucks straw to her lips, taking a sip.

I slipped in and chucked my bag in the backseat next to hers. She handed me my coffee, since I didn't have time to make some, and a bag from McDonalds.

I munched down on the food and fries inside, taking sips from my coffee too wake me up more.

"You must of partied hard last night," Grace jokes.

"You know it." I chuckle.

"How is your mom?" Grace asks.

"Barley talks too me after that incident the other night." I explained to her.

"She'll come around," Grace reassures me.

"I know." I smile slightly. She always comes around.

We pulled up to an empty spot in the school's parking lot. We took our time walking to the front office, trying to stall going to class. It was a b day after all, I could care less about going to English with that rude sub. Can't wait till Mrs. Peterson comes back. Best day of the school year.

I ran into Mr. Williams while walking to the office. I of course, stopped and talked to him.

"How you feeling?" He asks me. He doesn't care that I'm late too school. Probably thinks it because I couldn't get out of bed or he doesn't care cause it isn't his class.

"Better," I tell him. "Some days are better."

"Well remember your project is due once we get back from winter break." He reminds me.

"Won't forget it." I say awkwardly. Still no clue on what my photo will be.

"Get to class," he says, tapping my back like a way to support me. Becoming the responsible adult he is.

Grace and I stood there awkwardly while the elderly lady filled out a paper for our excuses. We exchanged stares too each other. Communicating with our eyes. The smell of fresh paint burned our nostrils as we waited patiently.

"Here you girls go," she says, handing us the excusable notes for our second period.

"Thanks Tristan," Grace calls her by her first name. Tristan smiled a friendly smile before typing something onto the computer.

"See you later," Grace tells me.

Miss. Edmund sent me some dirty looks when I came in and took my seat. There was only two minutes left for class to end so I didn't bother getting any of my stuff out.

Miss. Edmund finished talking and the whole class erupted in noise as people talked to each other their plans for winter break.

I couldn't help but look over to where Ashton was sitting. He remained in his seat, starring at the desk while his friends talked. They didn't even notice that something was wrong with him or they didn't care.

Especially Vanessa, who was sitting on the desk next to him. She talked to Lisa. A blonde girl who weren't on any team, but due to her natural prettiness she became popular. She usual throws the most and best party's with Vanessa coming to a close second. Her parents are rich and constantly out of town, and well she's the only child. What else would she want too do with her spare time? Throw a giant party this Wednesday of course.

Ashton rushed out of his seat when the bell rang. Not willing to wait for his group of friends to follow.

When I got out into the hallway I saw him walking quickly down the hall.

"Ashton!" I called after him in hopes he'd hear my voice.

I wasn't able to keep up with him. I got swallowed into the crowd of students. When it cleared, he was nowhere to be seen. I sighed in frustration while turning to head to my next class. Only to be stopped rudely.

"What do you want Hunter?" I say angrily.

"Don't be so rude Dani. I'm here to help you." He suggests.

I narrow my eyes. "Why would you want to help me?"

"Because your suffering." He smiles. "I'm trying this new thing on helping ones in need."

I don't trust him.

"I don't need helping, Hunter."

"Oh but that's where you're wrong." He tells me. Pressing his arm against the wall, blocking my exit. "I'm here to prove that I'm the person you need. Not Ashton."

"I don't need your help let alone you." I snap.

"I see the way you look at me." He smiles, leaning in closer. Close enough for our lips too touch.

I turn my head in discomfort. "Hunter get away from me."

He moved my hair behind my ear and placed his lips on then gently. "I'm not leaving Dani. Not like Ashton."

I clutched my fist together and swung hard into Hunter's pretty boy face. The way my brother taught me how to punch when I was a little girl. Hunter stumbled back, letting me go and holding his face.

"What's going on here?" I heard Miss. Edmund ask Hunter, who she obviously didn't hate.

"She went all crazy and punched me." He lies to her. "Must of forgot to take her medications this morning."

Miss. Edmund turned too me. "Office now!" She examined where I punched Hunter in the face while I stood there in shock. She again looked at me. The hate in her eyes.

Hunter looked also, smirking. He followed Miss. Edmund to the nurses office for ice.

"Go to hell Hunter Sanchez!" I yelled when he was about to turn the corner. Miss. Edmund turned around about to scream at me, but I was gone.

Heading to the office. I pulled out my phone and sent a text to Grace.

To Grace:

Just punched Hunter in the face. See you on the other side if my mom picks up the phone call home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 335 45
Sarah is your typical good girl. She attends her regular classes and goes home at her prescribed time. Only on the odd couple days she stays behind a...
1.2K 659 18
Emily Perkins, the straight A student, worshipped by the whole school for her consistent perfect grades, looks and her social standing. She has no lo...
5K 419 35
"Highschool? Bullshit." ~The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Nobody likes highschool. It's four years of being judged, getting your heartbroken, feelin...
4.8K 137 11
Just how much is she willing to give for a chance on the soccer team? When Jess Parker realizes she wants to tryout for the boys soccer team, there's...