Killer

By AstralShadows

A mysterious girl with a mysterious past is contacted by the king of hell himself. It was supposed to be an... More

Mysterious Girl, Deceived.
Interrogation.
Impressions.
Indulgences.
Confessions.
A Favor For Those Who Deserve It.
Finding Family.
Betrayed.
Our Bet And His Present.
Hunting Ghosts.
Coexistence.
Runaways.
No Chick Flick Moments.
Barton Hollow.
My Way Home.
Little Games.
Surprises Come In Pairs.
Crashing Down.
Conversations And Bedtime Stories.
Beauty In The Breakdown
The Truth About Purgatory.
Of Love And Pie.
About Her (Swan Song)
Family Begins With Love.
Epilogue: Honeymoon.
Author's Note.
Author's Note: Part Two!

Family.

1.2K 73 53
By AstralShadows

I woke on a damp, cold ground.  My body sat up.  The fresh wounds sent pain rushing through my abdomen and arm.  I groaned lifting my shirt to examine the wound.  The skin looked burned.  Just then the branches moved as a figure shuffled in.  They had something in their hands.  It was the older man from the night before.

"Hey," my voice croaked.

"Oh, you're up?" he smiled, "how are you feeling?"

"Sore. Guess you really don't know what you have until it's gone.  This would have been nothing for me before."

"I hope you don't mind.  I cauterized the wounds you had.  There really wasn't much else I could do to help you."

"Why are you helping me anyway?  I probably have a lot of people here that want me dead for good.  Or do you not know who I am?"

"I know who you are."

He had a makeshift plate with a cooked fish on it.  I looked at it then to him.  The last time I was here I didn't need to eat because I was half demon.  But this time I'd probably starve before finding my way out of here.  He looked happy that he was able to take care of me.  I set the still warm fish on the ground.

"Who are you?" I asked forcefully.

"I told you my name," he retorted.

"You know what I mean.  Is the fish poisoned or something?"

"No."

"Then why go through all this trouble for me?"

"I guess I owe you an explanation, but first eat."

"Fine."

I used my hands to pull the meat off of the fish.  It wasn't anything special.  But it was food.  I didn't have a choice to turn it down.  Unless I wanted to starve.  And if I was going to see Dean again I had to do what I could to stay alive.  When I finished eating I set the leftovers next to me.  I wiped my hands on the dress I was wearing.  If only she didn't hate my taste in practical clothes I wouldn't be in Purgatory in a stupid dress.

"So you can explain now if you want," I said coldly.

"Well, it's not exactly simple," he started.

"Make it simple," I cut him off.

"Stubborn just like your mother," he groaned under his breath.

"What did you just say? How did you know her? Were you the one that forced her into having an abomination like me?"

"Forced?  What?  No!  That isn't how it happened."

"Right because demons are so honest."

"I'll tell you the truth if you just stop interrupting me for a second," he paused and took a deep breath in, "I loved her very much.  But it's rather taboo for a demon, or an angel, to fall in love with a human.  But she was something else.  I told her what I was.  She didn't care."

"Uh huh, and she was just okay with it?  I mean it's not like that's what you really look like."

"I guess we connected on a deeper level."

"Or you were part of that 'let's create a bunch of freak half breeds'  project.  Even if I were to believe you. How'd you end up here?"

"How do you think I ended up here? I was killed."

"Why?"

"Because they found out about you.  I don't mean to brag but I was a good demon.  I had a lot of strength and they wanted you to be part of that stupid thing.  I tried to get you two somewhere safe.  I really did."

"Uh huh. And why should I believe you?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I wouldn't expect you would, or could.  Not after what you've probably been through.  What do I gain from lying to you about this?"

"Doesn't make it true."

"I know.  Wait.  I have something."

He rummaged through his pockets.  Tattered papers and coins fell from the mess that surfaced from his pocket.  He unfolded something and gave it to me. There was a picture of him standing next to a woman.  She was like I had pictured.  The demons often told me about her and how pathetically she died.  And when they did this was exactly as I imagined her.  She beamed at the camera.  Her swollen belly sign of where I would have been at the time.  He peered over at me.  I thrust the picture back at him.

"That could be anyone," I growled, becoming more frustrated with his story.

He laughed and looked at the picture, "You really took her hunter spirit, huh?"

"She was a hunter?"

"Yeah and a damn good one.  We met when she was trying to kill me.  A fairy tale story, huh?"

"Why didn't she kill you?"

"I was stronger than her.  She even yelled at me for going easy on her.  She was something else alright.  I nearly took down an entire house.  She was so strong for a human.  I don't know why I did, but I grabbed her before half the place collapsed and got her out of there," he smiled nostalgically, "the look she gave me was priceless.  She couldn't believe I bothered to save her.  To be honest I don't know why I did."

"So you saved her and she just fell in love with you?" I laughed at the thought.

"It wasn't quite that simple.  I'd meet her on one of her jobs.  Even though I offered her assistance she always had some witty retort to tell me no.  But after much persistence she agreed to have a drink with me," he shrugged his shoulders with a smile, "guess she couldn't resist my charm."

"I see."

"So you believe me?"

"That story is too pathetic to make up.  Unbearably cute and pathetic.  A demon stalking a human because he's in love?"  I laughed.

"She told me not to tell you that if I ever saw you again.  She said it was too pathetic for you to believe," he groaned, "I really wish you could have met her."

"Me too,"  I said hesitating to ask my next question, "what happened to her?"

"She tried.  I wasn't there.  But she did everything she could to save you.  I'm sorry."

"I figured.  I just wanted to know."

He sat down next to me.  Our backs rested against the damp rocks behind us. We gave the same sigh.  Both of us looked at each other before laughing.  We seemed very much alike.  It was hard to see why a demon would help my injuries, feed me, and protect me unless they actually cared about me.  His head turned to me with a smile.

"What about you have a boyfriend on the other side, or girlfriend, times have changed.  I won't judge," he stumbled through his words.

"Uh," I scratched my face feeling a familiar heat dance across my cheeks, "there is this guy."

"Do I need to leave Purgatory and kick his ass for anything?"

"No, no.  He's a good guy.  I really like, er, maybe love him."

"What's his name?"

"Dean Winchester, you probably never-" I began.

"My girl is dating a Winchester?"

"I'm sorry?"

He stood up.  His body moved in an awkward dancing motion.  I covered my mouth to stifle a laugh.

"That'll really stick it to that jackass, Crowley," he laughed, "my girl dating a Winchester. I love it!"

"You're something else,"  I grinned.

"Our family gets that a lot, huh?"

"Yeah, we do."

"Why don't we get you outta here?" he smiled extending his hand toward me.

"I'd like that."

Troutdale, Oregon
Two and a half years later

"That's not a case, Sam," Dean groaned.

"People are missing, Dean," Sam retorted.

"What's that have to do with us?"

"People are missing, Dean.  Is this because of ____?"

"No."

"Yes it is."

"It has almost been three years. Where is she?" he sighed.

"Cas said Purgatory."

"Like we can trust him."

"Dean.  At some point you'll have to let it go."

"Dude even I spent my time in Purgatory, I'm back. Where is she?"

"I don't know, why do you care?"

"Because I loved her!" Dean shouted with a slight pause, "love her."

"Dean-"

"I shouldn't care-"

"You should.  But there is nothing we can do. If she didn't come back there is nothing we can do right now."

Four knocks hit the door of the musty smelling motel room.  The men looked at each other before drawing weapons. Dean nodded before standing up.  His brother mimicked the action.  He grabbed the hand due and turned it cautiously.  The door sprung open.  A girl stood before him.  She was covered in mud, and dirt, a familiar dress covering her body.  The dress was torn.  Her body covered in now healing cuts and bruises.

"____?" he asked.

"Dean?" I responded.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 119 15
During a dangerous case with Sam and Dean something goes wrong and Castiel goes missing, this isn't like the other times Cas has disappeared, this is...
2.9K 45 9
This is a season rewrite with the reader inserted into the story. It starts at season 4 because that's when Castiel comes in. You were adopted by Bob...
11.6K 411 47
At the end of yet another successful hunt, Sam and Dean Winchester are gifted a very unexpected call for help from their beloved angel, Castiel. The...
34.8K 1.1K 18
(Book Three Out Now!) Story Information: This book as you can probably tell is a fan fiction/ characterXreader. Additional information is at the end...