Mates of a Werewolf Hunter

By ValentineWinters

Sixteen-year-old Valentine Winters has always known her destiny as the youngest daughter of an Alpha. On her... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 Valentine's Ordeal
Chapter 2 Unraveling Souls
Chapter 3 Burning Bonds
Chapter 4 Tread Lightly
Chapter 5 The Allure of Irresistible Craving
Chapter 6 The Magnetic Pull
Chapter 7 Embers of Animosity
Chapter 9 Lethal Alloys of Wolfsbane
Chapter 10 Breaking News
Chapter 11 Unveiling Fate's Chains
Chapter 12 Entangled Vows
Chapter 13 Fiery Temptations and Frozen Rejections
Chapter 14 Academic Alchemy
Chapter 15 A Teen's Unrelenting Odyssey
Chapter 16 Blades of Regret
Chapter 17 Shattered Trust
Chapter 18 Eclipsed by Ambiguity
Chapter 19 Unknowingly Marked
Chapter 20 Lurking in the Shadows of a Rogue's Mind
Chapter 21 Fear
Chapter 22 Sacred Boundaries
Chapter 23 The Lupine Metamorphosis
Chapter 24 What Have I Done
Chapter 25 Fleeting Hope
Chapter 26 So Close Yet So Far
Chapter 27 Ensnared Allies
Chapter 28 Run
Chapter 29 A Retreat to Elegance
Chapter 30 Listen To His Orders
Chapter 31 Who Did You Call
Chapter 32 On the Verge of Freedom
Chapter 33 Heat
Chapter 34 Octavius Get Out
Chapter 35 Wolf's Battle for Control
Chapter 36 Punish His Sins
Chapter 37 Torment Unleashed, Daughter's Cry
Chapter 38 Hunter and Vortexzy
Chapter 39 Vulnerability
Chapter 40 Wrong Move
Chapter 41 Unexpected SheWolf
Chapter 42 Expect The Unexpected
Chapter 43 Moonlit Deceit
Chapter 44 Playing Scissors
Chapter 45 Dream Or Vision
Chapter 46 Blundered
Chapter 47 Jaw Of Death
Chapter 48 Biological Argent Son
Chapter 49 Unthoughtful Death
Chapter 50 Can I Eat You ?
Chapter 51 Evelyn Ra
Chapter 52 Devil Virgin
Chapter 53 Mission Saving Damsels
Chapter 54 Four Warrior Brothers
Chapter 55 TMNT 666
Chapter 56 Mated At Last
Chapter 57 Gabriella
Chapter 58 Happy New Year
Chapter 59 An Eye For An Eye
Chapter 60 Pregnancy Test
BOOK PUBLISHED
Mates of A Werewolf Hunter (Book 2)

Chapter 8 Shots Fired, Shadows Loom

41.2K 1K 27
By ValentineWinters

Lucifer Argent P.O.V

"Ah, son, there you are. She's terribly useless, she has to go," my Dad stated with a chilling lack of remorse.

A sudden spark of unusual hope flickered within me. "You're releasing her?" I asked, the notion of her freedom feeling strangely significant.

"Of course not, I'm gonna kill her. What happened to you?" he questioned, his eyes narrowing with suspicion.

"Nothing happened to me, I still hate them," I denied vehemently, suppressing the internal conflict raging within me.

My gaze shifted to Valentine, unconscious and battered on the floor, slashes on her skin oozing blood. Every fiber of my being screamed to intervene, to protect her, but I fought against the instinct, immobilized by an internal struggle.

"Oh really, ready to do a task I'm gonna ask you now?" he dared, a sinister edge to his tone.

"Bring it on," I responded, a facade of defiance masking the internal turmoil.

Valentine stirred, gradually regaining consciousness as she knelt on the floor. Relief washed over me, a sensation I hadn't expected.

For the first time, I found myself unprepared for the task my Dad dared me to undertake. It wasn't a matter of capability but a conscious choice, a deviation from my usual compliance. The lines of loyalty and morality blurred, and I stood at the precipice of a decision that could redefine everything.

"Okay then, kill her," he ordered, tossing a gun in my direction.

I caught it mid-air, my hands trembling as I processed the weight of the weapon in my grasp. The stark reality of the situation unfolded before me, and I turned my gaze towards her. Tearful eyes met mine, brimming with exhaustion and despair. She whimpered, resigned to whatever fate awaited her.

Aiming the gun at her felt like aiming at my own humanity. Her weakened state tugged at my conscience, and the eyes that once held hope were now closed, awaiting the inevitable pull of the trigger.

Did she genuinely believe I could go through with it? I had uttered the words, but as I stood there with the gun in hand, the gravity of my own declaration sank in. No matter how hard I tried to convince myself, I couldn't bring myself to pull that trigger.

A guard intervened, yanking her hair to force her face upward, giving me an easier aim. The pressure mounted as my father's voice echoed, demanding proof of my allegiance.

"Prove it, son. Shoot her now!" he commanded.

The gun in my hands felt heavier than any weapon I had ever wielded. My hands shook, a stark contrast to the ease with which I had handled larger firearms in the past. A single tear traced down her cheek, amplifying the weight of my internal struggle.

"I can't," I confessed, my voice betraying the conflict raging within.

"Why can't you? You're disgracing me!" he bellowed, frustration etched across his face. His response was a resounding slap that echoed through the room.

"No!" she screamed, a desperate plea that cut through the tension.

My attention snapped towards her as she cried out, "Kill me, but don't hurt him."

"Got your wish, child," my father declared, seizing the gun from my trembling hands. Before I could react, he pulled the trigger, the deafening sound resonating with the collapse of my world.

PLZZ VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

Sorry for the short chappie, school started back, trying my best.

- Valentine Winters

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 31 13
This story has strong language and maybe one day explicit content as of now tho there is none. It's my first story I love constructive criticism. ~~...
236K 5.1K 32
|Highest Ranking: 76 in Werewolf, 13/3/21 | After the murder of her parents, sentenced to live the rest of her life out as a rouge. What happens when...
6.3M 171K 51
She's the Omega; he's the Alpha's son. Her life's been full of pain; his has been full of parties, popularity, and potential. She's filled with shame...
91.6K 6.2K 77
**Be warned this Book is for people 18 years and older.** Igor Pack, or better known as the Rogue Pack. They are dangerous. Unpredictable. Chaotic. W...