As Long As You're Mine

By sophieanna

Nick and Elle. They were the perfect couple. Young, cute, smart, rich, spoiled, and different--they were a ma... More

Prologue
Chapter One-
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Epilogue
Author's Note
Something Bad

Chapter Thirteen

9.9K 196 7
By sophieanna

Chapter Thirteen

Elle

“Elle,” Jake said, opening the door on my side for me.

“Thank you,” I said, sliding out. Man, I hated dresses. This one was one of those fake pastel colors that could pass as white, but has a tinge of blue. Pastels are stupid. Now my shoes- don’t even get me started: black pumps- AKA how to sprain an ankle in one easy fall. Why the shoes and the dress? One because it’s a wedding, and two because Kara said that she’s going to be there, and I don’t really feel like getting scolded for my attire today.

“You look beautiful,” he said, taking my hand, and warmly securing his own around it.

“Thanks,” I smiled.

“Ready?”

“Never.”

“Okay then, let’s go!” he said, as we walked through the busy parking lot to the country club. Yes, this wedding was at a country club. Sucks, but whatever.

“Elle…” Jake said, delicately placing a piece of my hair behind my ear.

“Yeah?”

“What’s that?” he questioned, coming to a stop, and pointing to a section of my neck.

A blush crept up my face as I replied, “What does it look like?”

“A hickey,” he said frankly.

“Uh huh.”

“I trust you Elle, which is why I feel comfortable asking this question: who gave it to you?” he demanded, being very territorial, and biting the edge of his lip with concern.

“My curling iron,” I smirked, covering the red spot back up with a piece of hair.

“Only you Elle…” he laughed, as we continued on our path to the entrance of the building.

My hair is naturally wavy. Not super straight, but also not tremendously curly. This morning, I thought it would be a bright idea to curl my hair, just for the fun of it, and to make it stand out a little more than usual. Big mistake. By the time I was done, I had not only burned half my neck, but also ineffectively curled only half my hair. It looked okay, so I didn’t dare touch it again.

We entered the building, and I almost went blind. Everything was white. The carpets, the tables, the chairs, everything! It was pretty scary. There were people talking, and a liveliness of excitement and romance looming in the air. I saw people who looked familiar, and were probably friends of my parents.

“Elle! Jake!” my mother’s high-pitched voice called. I snapped around, my hair flying off my covered back, and faced her.

“Hi mom,” I said.

“Hi mom,” Jake said.

“So let me get this straight, you two are officially dating?” she asked, studying Jake’s look from head to toe, as if scrutinizing him for the tiniest flaw. My mom has known Jake forever. He’s Jordan’s best friend, and he practically grew up in our house. I’m not sure why the two of us dating hadn’t taken place sooner. It’s weird.

“Yes,” I said.

“Treat her right Jakey,” she said, playfully squeezing his arm.

“Will do ma’am,” he said, putting his arm around my waist.

“Good. I saw Phillip here earlier, and I believe Kara might be here too, so the two of you may want to catch up with them. Oh! And don’t forget to say hello to Jordan. I’ll see you later. Don’t cause too much trouble,” she warned, before going off.

“Think we should find your brother or my brother first?” he asked.

“Well I haven’t seen your brother in like four months, so let’s check in with him first,” I said. It was settled, and we went in search of Phillip.

“Elle! Elle! Elle! Elle! Elle!” I heard my name being called. I swirled around to see Kara running towards me, dragging John behind her. How that girl manages to run in heels still bewilders me.

“Hey Kara!” I said, taking her in. She had on a light pink dress, accented with silver accessories. Her blonde hair was stick straight, oppose to its usual tousled curls, and looked nice.

“You look adorable!” she said.

“Thank you! As do you,” I complimented.

“I know! Jake, good to see you again,” she said politely.

Kara and Jake’s relationship has never been more than the occasion “Hello, how are you?” They’ve never been close. He’s a year older than her, and she’s never quite felt comfortable around him. Though he is Phillip’s brother, and my boyfriend, Kara hasn’t connected with him in the way the rest of us have… yet.

“Great to see you too,” he said as if programed.

“John,” Kara prompted, nudging him in the side.

“What? Elle’s my roommate, and Jake’s my roommate’s boyfriend, I see them both all the time,” he stated.

“Whatever,” she sighed.

“Have you seen Phillip?” I asked.

“Yeah!” she said.

“Where?”

“When I was first coming in. He was with a friend, and said that he wanted to talk to you,” she said, putting her arm over John’s shoulder.

In her heels, she matched his height, border lining being taller than him. I on the other hand, was still shorter than Jake. Jake was tall, I was average, so the four inch advantage the heels gave me, didn’t really make that much of a difference.

“Oh, okay. Cool. We’ll go find him!” I said, taking Jake’s hand in my own, and leading him away.

“You better sit with us during the service, and reception!” Kara called after us. As we were roaming around in search of Phillip, someone stopped us.

“Elle! Jake!” he said.

“Charlie!” I said, hugging him.

“That’s daddy to you,” he corrected, embracing me tightly.

“Okay,” I said.

“So Jake, how’ve you been, son?” he asked, firmly shaking Jake’s hand.

“Fine, and yourself?” Jake replied.

“Great. Can you believe that my little girl has grown up to be such a gorgeous young lady?”

“I can sir.”

“So you two are dating now, I believe?”

“That we are,” I said, my eyes gazing about the crowd for Phillip.

“Good. I’ve always liked you Jake. I’m glad to know my daughter’s with someone as polite and respectful as you.”

“Thank you sir,” Jake said. I could tell he was slightly tense, and uneasy about talking to my dad, but what boy wouldn’t be?

“So, what are you majoring in?” my dad asked.

“Economics,” Jake said confidently.

“Really? You want to enter business?”

“Yeah, it really interests me,” he said, as I poked his back.

“I’ll be right back, you two keep talking; have fun!” I said, waving, and letting the two of them “bond”. Where was Phillip?

“Not so fast missy!” my dad said, tugging my hand, and pulling me back to them.

“Why not?” I whined.

“Because the service is about to start. You can go find your friends after,” he said firmly.

“Fine,” I sighed, remaining by their side. I glanced around the overflow of white, and saw the doors where the ceremony was being held had opened. I nudged Jake, urging him to go.

“Dad, we’ll talk to you later, but right now we’re going to go in there,” I said to the graying man in the tailored suit.

“Okay. Bye sweetie,” he said, kissing me on the cheek before we dispersed.

“Someone wanted to get out of the there,” Jake commented.

“Elle! Jake! Over here!” Kara said too loudly for the occasion. Most people tend not to shout at weddings; Kara is clearly not one of those people. Jake and I walked side by side over to the row of seats Kara had set aside for us, and got settled. I sat down next to Kara, and the two of us were sandwiched between our boyfriends.

“Elle,” Jake addressed me.

“Hmmm?” I said turning to him.

“Don’t turn around,” he instructed. Like any normal person, the curiosity overtook me, and I twisted my neck to look behind me. The sight my eyes met was not a pleasant one. It was Nick and that slut who’s apparently our neighbor.

I don’t like her. From her spray tan to her bleached hair, she screams fake. Girls like her, are the reason I was so happy to get out of high school. There’s something about her that I really don’t trust, or like. At the moment, a form fitted, navy dress clung to her body. It was strapless, and didn’t exactly fit the occasion. I couldn’t see her feet, but guessed she had on a pair of black pumps or something similar.

“I told you not look,” Jake mumbled. I spun back around, and faced front. How desperate can Nick really be?

Nick

That’s Jake?” Aspen whispered to me.

“Yes,” I answered, as we scooted into the row of seats Elle, Jake, Kara, and John were occupying.

“He’s cute,” she declared.

“But I’m cuter,” I said, hoping that wasn’t the reason Elle wouldn’t get back together with me.

“Sure Nick; whatever makes you happy…” she said, shaking her head. As we finally reached the group of four, John and Jake stood up out of habit, and Kara’s eyes instantly searched Aspen for any noticable faults. All the while, Elle was glaring at her… or me.

“Jake, Kara, this is Aspen Ricci,” I introduced.

“Hi,” Kara said prissily, shaking Aspen’s hand, and putting on a fake smile to hide what she was truly thinking.

“Hey,” Aspen replied.

“So you’re the notorious Aspen Ricci,” Jake said, smiling at her.

“That I am. And you’re Jake Anderson. The perfect son, the perfect athlete, the perfect friend, and the perfect boyfriend,” she countered, smirking at him.

“Aren’t you-” Jake started.

“Yes,” I finished, putting my finger to my mouth, indicating not to say the word that was bound to exit his lips.

“Aw! Nick you’re such a great kid!” Jake said, patting my head as if I was a dog. After he removed his hand, I fixed my hair to its previous state, annoyed with Jake.

“I know I am,” I said, as Aspen sat down next to Jake. He whispered something to her, and she nodded, smiling. I saw Elle’s eyes bulge at this, and recognized that reaction as jealousy in its purest form. I remember when that was her response when I talked to another girl…

More people filled the room, and I remained quiet for the most part, until Jake and Aspen began a heated discussion about what baseball team would make it into the World Series. I had to step in. After a few minutes, the cliché organ began to play, and the room was a hush.

Brian Winters was at the altar, standing there, about to throw his life away once and for all. I don’t know Brian that well. He’s a few years older than me, and I think he used to help coach one of my little league teams. From what I remember, he’s a pretty cool guy.

Doors opened at the one end of the room, and the procession started. Carry entered in a long white dress, holding a bouquet of white flowers, with two girls holding the end so it wouldn’t drop to the floor. As she slowly walked down the aisle, her mother and father on either side of her, a girl threw white petals out of a basket, and another kid was holding a white pillow with something shiny on it. Can this wedding get anymore boring?

“Watch this Asp, see the guy up there?” I whispered to Aspen.

“Yeah,” she nodded.

“He’s about to married,” I said.

“No, really?” she said sarcastically.

“Sh!” Kara warned. I shook my head, and looked back to the altar. Carry had made it up, and was now standing opposite Brian, her face masked with a long white veil. The priest said a few words about why we were here and shit, they said their vows, and gave each other rings. Brian was instructed that he could now kiss the bride, and, like in so many Hollywood movies, he lifted her veil, and did so.

“Elle!” I said quietly. She turned her head. I mouthed, “That’s going to be us,” to her, and pointed to Carry and Brian. She flipped her head away from me, shielding her face with curls, so I couldn’t see her response. She knows I’m right, she just doesn’t want to admit it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.4K 1.4K 36
Kitty Cohen and Felicity Campbell are soulmates. Fliss has been sure of this ever since they shared a room their freshman year of college, when their...
22.9K 1.1K 42
I stared at the person sitting on the chair in front of me. That instant I realised that I didn't know this person at all. This was not the person I...
14.7K 127 27
Unlike most werewolves Ariel isn't looking forward to meeting her mate. To her, mating would mean giving up her most important possession: her freedo...
1.9K 85 43
Evanly's desires of being loved, feeling affection, satisfaction and sex were casted aside as she was stuck in a loveless marriage, but light shined...