Fallen but Not Broken {Destie...

By chey319

The angels have fallen. Castiel lost his grace, and is now a human. He experiences hunger, cold, need, but st... More

Chapter 1: A Fallen Angel
Chapter 2: Let's Get You Cleaned Up
Chapter 3: Shower Incidents, Awkwardness, and Suspicion
Chapter 4: A Weeping Angel (not sorry)
Chapter 5: I Can Hear the Sirens
Chapter 6: Sam the Man with the Plan
Chapter 7: Missing
Chapter 8: What Now
Chapter 9: Am I Dreaming?
Chapter 10: What? I Like Dream You
Chapter 11: Fallen for a Fallen Angel
Chapter 13: Losing My Religion
Chapter 14: Another Case
Chapter 15: They Killed Kevin! Those Bastards!
Chapter 16: Friend of the Devil
Chapter 17: Honey I'm Home
Chapter 18: Day Off
Chapter 19: Trial
Chapter 20: Isn't the End
Author's Note
Update

Chapter 12: Bounty Instead of a Halo Above Your Head

30.2K 1.1K 1.9K
By chey319

Chapter 12: Bounty Instead of a Halo Above Your Head

"So, when do you think we should tell Sam?" Castiel inquired, stitching his eyebrows together in a questionable manner.

Dean held the door open for the fallen angel as the exited the bar, "I don't know. I mean, do we even know what we are?"

Castiel looked at the ground as they walked down the street, "Well, we did have intimate relations," Castiel blushed.

"Why do you have to say it like that? All proper and what-not," Dean chuckled at the fallen angel.

"It's just the way I am, and you don't seem to mind it," Castiel winked shyly.

"Oh, when did you become such the smooth talker?" Dean joked.

"I learned from the best," Castiel looked up at Dean, who seemed to be blushing, although he couldn't tell from the absence of light on the street.

Castiel leaned over to give a peck on Dean's check, "Maybe you could teach me some other things?"

Dean smirked, looking towards the ground, "That can be arranged."

As they walked by an alleyway, Dean pulled Cas into it. Castiel thought it was a lession, but soon realized different when he saw Dean slide his angel blade from his jacket pocket. 

"What is it?" Castiel whispered.

"I think someone followed us from the bar," Dean never shifted his glance from the street, hoping to surprise whoever or whatever was following them.

After a few minutes passed, Dean decided to peek his head around the corner, demanding that Castiel stay in place. He looked up and down the street, then once more, before sinking back to Cas.

"I don't see anyone," Dean confirmed, but still wasn't totally convinced, still watching the street illuminated by the streetlamp.

There was a faint fluttering of wings, and Dean turned in his tracks, guarding Castiel, with his blade ready at his side.

"Which one are you?" Dean demanded an answer.

"All you need to know is that I'm on the winning team, I am Bartholomew's follower," the angel stated frankly.

"And what are you doing here?" Dean hollered.

"I'm here to take your little boyfriend here to my master. He'd like to do a few things to him," the angel looked Castiel up and down, smirking.

"Over my dead body!" Dean whipped the blade to the angel, who teleporting at the last possible second, resulting in only a minor cut.

"As you wish," the angel smiled, raising his hand to perform some smiting.

As the angel steppped foward, a second one appeared behind Dean and held him in place, smacking the angel blade from his hands. Dean struggled against his grasp, but to no avail.

"Any last words, Winchester?" the angel hissed in his ear, tightening his hold.

"Yea, Actually I gotta a question. If Heaven is closed for business, what happens to you dick bags when I do this?" 

Before getting an answer, he forced the angel back against the brick wall to escape. Upon doing so, he pulled the collar of his shirt to the side, revealing an angel banishing spell stained on his skin. He slammed his palm to the center of the symbol and the alley was exploding with bright white light.

When it dimmed down, Dean lowered his arm he had shielding his eyes and looked around.

"Cas?" he whispered into the air.

Castiel came out from behind the corner, shaking, holding Dean's angel blade.

"Cas, what's wrong?" Dean coaxed him to hand him the blade so he could slide it back into his jacket pocket.

"They want me, they're going to kill me. And while I-I'm human, I'm useless. They'll get me, Dean," a silent tear streamed down his cheek as he looked into the hunter's eyes.

"Why do they want you anyway?" Dean grabbed Castiel's hands, trying to prevent them from further shaking, or even the fear of Castiel running off into the darkness of the night.

"Before all this happened, I rebelled against Heaven, remember? And now, they probably think it was me that cast them out. I made them weak and caused the death of many during the fall. Please, Dean, don't let them take me. I didn't mean for any of this," Castiel sobbed into Dean's shoulder.

Dean rubbed Castiel's back in slow circles.

"It's okay, I won't let them take my angel again," Dean cooed.

Castiel still had a few single tears shed down his cheek.

"Thank you, Dean," Dean's stomach fluttered at the mention of his own name from such sweet lips.

"Let's get you home," Dean scooped up Castiel bridal style and carried him to the car.

~~~

Once they were in the car, Dean popped in a tape and they drove back towards the bunker. Dean was drumming in the steering wheel to one of his favorite songs.

"She's my cherry pie!" Dean sang wildly wrapping his thumbs against the dashboard and the wheel.

Castiel looked over through the window, though he couldn't make out much in the pitch black.

"Come on, Cas. Sing along. You can't sit shotgun without singing along," Dean beamed at the sad mad leaning against the window, chin propped in his hand.

"I don't want to Dean," Castiel never moved his eyes from the darkness.

"If you don't, I'll put you in the back," Dean turned the volume up.

"I don't even know the words," Castiel complained.

"Fine, then I'll put in one you know," Dean reached into the box he kept all of his tapes in and pulled one out. He blew on it lightly and rubbed it with the sleeve of his jacket. The label on the front read Kansas.

Carry on my wayward son. There'll be peace when you are done. Lay your weary head to rest. Don't you cry no more.

During the instrumental, Dean beamed over at Castiel, "Will you sing now?"

Castiel never moved, but he did smile. He did really like this song. It was one of the first songs he and Dean listened to in the Impala. I guess you could say it's their song.

Dean looked back at the road, tappin his thumbs vigorously to the instrumental, and he started singing the first verse.

"Once I rose above the noise and confusion, just to get a glimpse behind this illusion. I was soaring ever higher, but I flew too high," Dean was going to start the next verse, but Castiel had already started, so they mentally decided to switch for the two-part verses.

"Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man. Though my mind could think I still was a mad man.I can hear the voices when I'm dreaming; I can hear them say," Castiel sang his heart into the notes angelically.

In the middle of the chorus however, something strange happened. Castiel and Dean both cocked their heads towards the radio when the tape stopped itself. There was a staticy noise gurgling from the speakers and then a voice cutting in and out.

"Dean... Cas...." it spoke.

Castiel's eyes popped open and his jaw dropped.

"I...have to....tell you... trials... Hell...." those were the only words that came through the speakers, the rest was static. Before they knew it, the voice stopped, and the tape continued as normal, picking up where it left off in the chorus.

"Dean..." Castiel's words dripped off his tongue.

"Cas, what was that?" Dean asked, not looking away from the radio.

"It.... was God," Castiel choked, closing his jaw.

Hey guys, so I just wanted to know if anyone was reading this, because I'm sorta grounded and it's really risky to sneak on my laptop to update for you guys, so just dropping a comment and telling me what you think would really help me out. I just want to make sure I'm not wasting anyone's time, including mine. Okay, that's it! Thank everyone of you for reading so far! Love you, and have a good weekend!

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.8K 899 17
Balthazar is an Angel his bestfriend is Castiel who at the moment is having a relationship with Dean Winchester,Balthazar knows is forbidden but he d...
2.1K 66 7
Castiel is being hunted by rogue angels, his grace is fading. He has avoided going to the brothers because of Dean's condition and he doesn't want to...
3.3K 161 23
Castiel thought that losing his grace was the worst thing that could ever happen to him, forcing him to be mortal until he could once again become di...
3.7K 248 18
When Castiel falls from Heaven, all his memories are gone and new ones stand in their place. He knows nothing of the supernatural, about angels, or d...