Umbrella

By volxmeii

It's been four years since Marissa had her ex-husband's child. Her mission is to keep that child away from hi... More

Introduction
1|PI
2|Wilma
3|Crocus
5|Champagne
6|Pandemonium
7|DNA
8|Father
9|Secret
10|Hurt
11|Dying
12|Frozen
13|Pulse
14|Tabloids
15|Gore
16|Headline
17|Cure
18|Guppy
19|Ribs
20|Wickedly
life update
Life Update pt.2
21|Ransom
Happy New Years
22|Deadman
prom 2019!
23|Knife
24|Blood
That's All Folks!
change of plans
Change of plans... again

4|Fornicate

7.3K 239 14
By volxmeii

Michael just landed in the capital of the country, Washington D.C. his luggage was light for he only brought pijamas and some hygenic stuff like deodarant and toothpaste.

Thanks to his PI, Michael new exactly where she was located and was heading her way right now.

Back home, Marissa waited for the inevitable she knew that wherever she went Michael would always find her. There was no use in hiding anymore.

Marissa called Lincoln and warned him to keep Lauren away and avoided all his questions while she waited for the knock that would change her life, again.

And there it was.

A soft almost inaudible knock.

"Marissa" He said as soon as she opened the door.
"Michael"

Michael looked worned out. His eyes were puffy and had dark bags below them. His facial hair started poking out of his skin and he smelled like mint.

On the other hand, Marissa looked better than ever before through Michael's eyes. She was only wearing a white blouse and shorts and yet Michael's eyes were ready to pop out of his head.

"I've missed you" Michael spoke after some time.

Marissa said nothing.

There was nothing to say. The man in front her used her up and threw her away afterwards. He claimed to love her and yet he was seeing so many women behind her back.

But Marissa was thankful for all he did to her. Because of Michael, Marissa was able to have a child she loves more than anything and she was also able to find Lincoln.

Michael sighed and brushed his hair back with his fingers.

"Are you going to invite me in?" He asked.
"No" Marissa said immediately.

Michael nodded.

"That's fine. I'll be staying at the Hilton hotel two blocks away when you're ready to talk" Michael said as he handed Marissa a strip of paper with his room and phone number.

Michael forced a smile before turning to leave.

"And incase you're wondering. I'm not leaving until you're mine again" Michael revealed.
"Then I guess you'll be here forever"

--
"Oh my god, Michael Jones what an honor!" The lady at the front desk exclaimed.

Michael forced a smile as he walked towards the woman.

"I made a reservation" He said as he watched the woman lean across the counter displaying her breasts Michael decided to look at her name tag instead that displayed the name Kate in golden calligraphy.

Michael had no interest in the redhead in front of him. She was good looking there was no denying that but he wanted someone else.

Kate sighed as she noticed Michael did not want anything to do with her and handed him his card.

"Thank you" Michael said.

Inside of his new home, Michael went crazy. He teared off the sheets to the bed, slammed the lamp onto the floor, broke the curtains, and smashed the mirror.

For once in his entire life he was able to feel what Marissa did years ago, a heartbreak.

When Marissa divorced him, Michael thought nothing of it. He started hanging out more with friends and became a free spirit. It was months later when he realized what he had done.

Yet, the pain was barley there.

His mother forced him to go on dates with women and to fornicate. That was her way of distracting Michael from the reality.

Claire would slip certain pills inside of her sons drinks so he would never have to think about her.

After a while, Michael took noticed and realized what his mother was doing. By drugging him he would have no choice but not to think of her.

That's when Michael finally had enough.

He bought his own home and left with just one mission, to get the love of his life back.

Now, they're just two blocks away and she wants nothing to do with him.

Michael slowly kneeled towards the bed and began to cry.

He knew this wasn't going to be easy.

--
"Do you remember how we first met?" Marissa asked Lincoln.

The pair were both naked on the bed.

Marissa drew imaginary shapes on Lincoln's chest with her finger while Lincoln traced her back.

"How could I forget, it was the best day of my life."

Marissa went inside of a cafe and with the little money she had left, she bought herself a coffee and a cookie. She had been starving.

Her face was wounded by the punches of a man she was later able to fight off somehow. Luckily, all he left was a big scratch from his ring.

"Thank you" Marissa forced a smile as she picked up the things she ordered.

She decided to sit all the way in the back where she could go unnoticed.

Her stomach and her hand had become magnets that attracted each other. Her baby was now just two months old and soon she would be able to know the gender.

Marissa's main priority now was to provide a roof, clothes, and food for her child.

"Coffee isn't good for the baby" A man said taking a seat across from her.
"It's a one time thing" Marissa responded.

"So is a miscarriage. You could only have one per pregnancy" The man said.

Marissa stared at him and grabbed her stuff to leave.

Outside, the weather was still chilly and she struggled to keep warm.

"Hey, if you need a place to spend the night I got you" The same man from the coffee shop offered.

Marissa was now able to examine the man more carefully. His eyes were a dark blue and his hair was brown and reached the bottom of his neck. He was of medium build and there was no denying his looks.

"No thanks" she said.
"Okay, than at least tell me your name" The man pleaded.
"Marissa"
"Lincoln"

"I have such a comfortable bed. It sinks to the appropriate depth, the pillows are fluffy, the sheets are warm and toa-" Lincoln was cut off.
"Okay, fine"

Lincoln smiled as he guided Marissa towards his home.

"It's not much but it's something" Lincoln said as they walked into the small one bedroom home.

The place was an absolute mess but it was a good size for one person.

"I'm sure it's not what you're used to." Lincoln said.

Marissa quickly turned to face him.

"What do you mean?" She asked.
"I know who you are"
"Who am I?"
"You're Michael Jones' ex-wife"

Marissa swallowed.

"What a prick. He leaves you out here in the cold with his baby. He's not a man" Lincoln said removing his shirt.

Marissa stared in awe at the sight in front of her.

"He- he doesn't know" Marissa said still mesmerized.

Lincoln smiled.

"Take a picture it'll last longer"

Lincoln grabbed Marissa's hand and sat her down on the couch.

"You've been hurt" He said.
"Obviously"

Lincoln smiled as he fetched a small towel with warm water and dabbed it slowly on Marissa's forehead.

"You can stay as long as you need" Lincoln said.

"Hey, thank you" Marissa said grabbing Lincoln's arm so he would stop. "It really means a lot"

"You will owe me something though every week" Lincoln said.
"I don't have a job"
"It's okay, until you get one... you owe me a kiss" He smirked.

Marissa laughed.

"You're funny" she said.

Lincoln stared at her.

"Come on, better than money" he said.
"I rather give you money"
"But I want you to kiss m-"

Before Lincoln could finish, he grabbed Marissa's head and pulled her towards him.

Marissa at first resisted but he kissed with so much passion she had to give in.

The kiss turned into an entire make out session and it was Lincoln who pulled away first.

"I think this payment will have to be a daily thing" Lincoln joked.
"Then so be it"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 4.4K 35
~I tried to get up but my stomach was so big and the pain was back. I tried to crawl away from the scene but didn't come far. The pain was now even w...
54 0 7
Isabella was a young adult. She was just trying to figure out her life, but she ended up pregnant by her high school sweetheart at the age of twenty...
748 55 14
"can you tell me what you saw last night, sweetheart?" the man sat uncomfortably on the chair holding a clipboard. his eyes were as black as night, d...
649 158 22
Carry on living without parents is already hard for them. Angeline and Sarah have been living under a happy masks seeing the other's happiness. Mostl...