Saving Cara

By haileyyyeve

Cara is a 17 year old girl who had lost her dad. She's a cheerleader and track star also in photography. She'... More

Characters:
School Day:
Pain:
Help:
Ignoring:
Double trouble:
Dress Picking:
Leak:
All Alone:
Beat up:
Bound to Cameron:
Its So Hard:
Fragile Like Glass:
Worst Wedding:
Guilt:
Fist Fight:
Sleepover:
One Month:
Im Sorry:
Justice:
TWO MONTHS LATER:
TWO MONTHS LATER 2:
He's Gone:
4 YEARS LATER:

Therapist:

149 1 0
By haileyyyeve

I woke up when a nurse came into my room and gave me a warm smile, I didn't want to be rude so I smiled back.

"How are you feeling sweetie?" She asks and grabs a clipboard and pen. My smile went down because I didn't know what to tell her.

"I don't know."  I answer honestly. She starts writing things down, she takes out pills and pop the bottle open.

"We will be giving you pain medicine everyday." She says handing me two and a water cup.

"Thanks." I say quietly sitting up more.

"Sweetie," she starts and I look up at her "we really need to know what happened to you. We are going to tell your mom about your injuries today." She added the last part.

I thought about telling her for a second, but I knew that Cameron would be belligerent with me again. I needed to come up with a lie.

"I have a pimp." I say quickly "sometimes when we have our parties they get out of hand." The nurse sighs not believing a word I say.

"Someone will be in here in a few minutes, you should talk to him." She starts to leave when I add-

"I'm not crazy." She turns around and smiles.

"I know, you just need someone to listen to you. For once." I look down at my lap and she adds "I'm glad you're talking today." She gives me another warm smile then leaves. I sigh heavily, I carefully get up and go towards the chair I had set close to the window so I could look out of it.

Flashback~
"Daddy, look at this view!" I look down at the window of the hospital. Dad starts to cough and I turn around quickly. "It's okay dad." I say giving him water and rubbing his back. "You'll get better."

"Thank you, Cara." Dad said weakly.

"Cara, may I speak with you quickly?" The doc asks coming in.

"Why can't you tell me in here?" I ask.

"Just go Cara, it's okay." My dad pats my back. I give him a quick hug and me and the doc stand outside.

"Your father lungs are collapsing at a large rate, very quickly." The doc flips through paper. "He can make it for the rest of the week, but I'm sorry." He says.

"How is that possible?" Tears flow down my face.

"It just is." The doc says sadly "I'm sorry, I wish I could do more." I wanted to yell at him, but he did try everything. He was always kind to us, to his and my surprise I gave him a hug. He stiffened for a while then he wrapped his arms around me while I cried.

End Of Flashback~

I sat in the chair with one of my legs up (In the photo) I wiped my eye that had a prickle of a tear. When I heard someone coming in I didn't care who it was.

"Cara, I'm your therapist for the whole week." A deep voice says, he sounded old.

"Okay." I say quietly, still looking out the window.

"You can call me Bill." He says. "How are you today?" He asks. I didn't respond, I didn't want to. "Cara, you have to at least try."

"What if I don't want to?" I still didn't look at him.

"Sometimes we just have to deal with the fact that life doesn't always go our way." I scoff at his words.

"You don't think I know that?" I say lowly "nothing goes our way." I whisper.

"Have you had a recent death in your life?" He asks me.

"No. " I lie.

"Yes you have, your dad." He said "who hurt you?" He asked.

"No one." I replied.

~

After he left I stayed in the chair, I didn't move for a long time. A hand settled on my shoulder and I jumped, it was Cameron. He started to kiss my neck, it hurt because it was bruised. I got up weakly and he smirked.

"Where's Grayson? I thought he'd save you by now?" Cameron laughs. He turns around and locks the door and shuts the curtains. "I guess we can finally have our fun?" He turns towards me. He gets close to me and grabs my forearm throwing me on the hospital bed, he gets on top of me and pain spreads through my whole body. "I've missed you." He whispered breathlessly. He yanks off my shirt and takes off my pants, he grabs my hand and shoves them down his pants forcing me to give him a blow job.

He unbuckled his belt and grabbed my hands buckling them together and put them above my head. I whimpered in fear as he pulled down his pants. I wanted to kick and scream, but I had no fight left in me. I tried to kick him but he just gripped my thighs and pushed into me, I squirmed in his touch, he grabbed my boob roughly and pumped into me harder. Tears fell down my cheek and he put my shirt around my mouth to stop me from screaming.

~

He unbuckled my hands and put it back on his waist. He got dressed while I did too, shakily I put on my shirt and carefully I put on my pants. Before he left he grabbed my neck tightly and forced me to kiss him, when I didn't kiss back his grip tightened around my neck.

GRAYSONS POV

I stare at the back of Ava's naked body, I turn and look up at my ceiling. Ava turned and set her hand on my stomach.

"Good morning!" She says in her annoying squeaky voice. Cara had such a beautiful soothing voice.

"Get out." I demand her she scoffs.

"I know you don't mean that." Her hand starts to travel down to my dick. Her hand traces it, I grab her wrist before she could grasp it.

"Get out." I say again. She sighs and sits up letting the covers fall exposing her breasts. She grabs my hand and forces me to touch her, she smiles and gets on top of me.

"Why aren't you hard?" She asks concerned.

"Because you're not attractive." I say and she gets off of me and starts to get dressed.

"You're an ass!" She yells running out of my room. After I put on joggers I went downstairs to see mom cooking breakfast.

"Where's Cara?" She asks setting down pancakes.

"Don't know, don't care." I answer. I try to grab a pancake but mom slaps my hand away with the spatula.

"Where is she?" Mom asks more angrier.

"Hospital." I Say and grab my pancake.

"Why?" Mom asks.

"You know why, Mom." I answer taking a bite of the pancake.

"God damnit, Grayson!" She yells.

"It's not my fault." Yes it is "she told me to leave her alone."

"At least go check on her." Mom said I sighed and went up to my room putting a shirt on quickly.

After I went to get a card, flowers, and a small bear that mom told me to get I went to the hospital.

"Hey, can I see Cara?" I ask the lady she smiles and nods.

"F10 R6." She replies and I nod my head going to the elevator Floor 10 Room 6.

When I walk to her room I look at her through the glass, she's turned away from the door and she was crying. I couldn't go in because I knew she was crying because of me (AN: not really, she was crying because of what happened with Cameron) I couldn't go in because looking at her would make me break again, love her again, want her again.

"Grayson!" Doc. Jones said coming towards me.

"Hey," I start.

"Do you want to see-" occur him off.

"Could you give these to her. Thanks." I say quickly pushing the shit I got in his hands. I rush off, almost running, out of the hospital and into my car. My breathing was out of control and I didn't know what was happening to me, I gripped the wheel and started to scream in anger.

CARAS POV

I was sitting in the same position as I was before, but this time I was crying. I couldn't handle it anymore so I just sat there and cried. I heard a light knock then the door opened and I wiped my eyes and coughed lightly. 

"Hey Cara, you got some stuff." Doc says I wipe my eyes more and coughed again to make sure my voice wouldn't crack. 

"Um, what is it?" I ask turning my head to see roses, a medium sized teddy bear, and a card.

"It's from-" I cut him off

"I don't want to know Doc. Jones." I sat standing up. I stood next to him and he tried to put his hand on my forearm but I moved back in fear. "Sorry." I say quietly.

"Don't apologize Cara, I'll check up on you in a few hours." He says and I nod, he leaves. I grab the card opening it up.

Dear Cara,
Get well and feel better. Mom's making me do this, don't know why but get better. Also me and Ava are together and we're probably going to stay together for a long time so yeah!
~Grayson

I closed the card and threw it away in the trash along with all the things he got me. I grabbed the trash can and threw it outside of my room slamming the door. I laid back on my bed and started to cry.

' why did I always have to cry!?' I yelled at myself.

Flashback~

"Love always, Charlie." I finish my favorite book Perks Of Being a Wallflower to Dad in the hospital. His eyes were closed and his breathing started to slow. "Daddy!" I Say worried I stand up and lightly touch his fragile hand.

"I love you Angel." He says weakly. 

"Please don't leave me!" I beg tears blurring my vision. The monitor started to beep rapidly then stop. "No, Daddy!" I scream people pushed me back and they started to do the padals.

Mom wasn't ever there, I missed a month of school just to be with dad at the hospital. I started to read to him because he loved to hear my voice when I talked plus he always wanted to read that book too.

End of Flashbacl~

I watched my own Dad die, he died in my arms. I didn't go to school after that, I just really didn't care about anything. I figured out while Dad was dying she was fucking Tim. She'd leave me at the hospital and never pick me up, so I'd just stay there, sleep in the chair, barely eat, but things for Dad, and I would take care of him when I was looking after him. Dad always called me his Angel because I never left his side. After all of that I didn't believe in God, Angels, or ghosts I just believed you'd die because the day after that I tried to talk to him through God, but when he didn't answer I gave up. At the funeral I came and Dads side of the family did, I had to plan everything and had dads family pay for some of it. The funeral was beautiful and everyone cried and I sat in the way back, alone, I didn't want anyone near me watching me cry.

Doc came back in and set my trash can back down, I sniffled and wiped my tear. I turn around to see him holding the bear and card.

"I read the card." Doc says sadly "I'm sorry if-" I cut him off.

"You're fine Doc." I smile and stand up. "I don't need him anyways." I say softly going towards him.

"I tried to salvage the roses but it was no use." He said. "I just think you should keep the bear and probably throw away the card." He hands me the bear.

"Thank you." I grab the bear and set it on the bed. "When can I leave here?" I ask with a heaved sigh.

"Soon." The doc smiles "once you're better and able to not be supervised." He smiled and I nod.

"Right." I say softly. "So today?" I ask hopeful but he chuckles  

"I'm sorry Cara." He says "maybe a couple of days." He shrugs his shoulders and leaves. I sigh and sit down on the bed grabbing the bear and looking at it.

Grayson's POV

I walked back up the hospital trying to gather the confidence to talk to Cara. When I get to her floor Doc. comes out and smiles at me.

"How are you?" He asks me.

"I'm okay, how's Cara?" I ask him looking through the window seeing her on the bed looking down at my bear.

"She's okay. She's a sweet lady, very nice, and very easy to manipulate.  I can see pain in her, not just outer, but inner pain too." The doc starts to blab.

"Can I talk to her?" I ask he nods and opens up the door. When I walk in Cara's eyes brighten then darken once she sees me. "Cara?" I ask and the door closes behind me. When she didn't answer I sighed and tried to sit next to her but she got up quickly, scared. She went and sat down on the chair that faced the window.

"What do you want?" She asks in the tiniest faded voice that I dreaded to hear.

"I just wanted to see how you are?" I really just wanted to see her.

"Why do you care?" She asks with venom raging at me.

"Because-" I couldn't finish, I stopped myself from tell her how much I felt for her. How much I wanted her to break up with that asshole and let me take care of her and treat her like the princess she is! 

"You don't even know why." Cara scoffs.

"I can't explain it." I say softly "you make me feel-" but she had cut me of

"Stop with the bullshit." She snuggled rubbing her eye, she was standing in front of the window not looking at me. "Stop messing with my feelings." She scoffs again.

"I'm serious Cara." I say with a stern voice. Maybe then she'll know I'm not playing around?

"What? You gonna tell me that," she starts to mimic my voice but in higher pitched. "Oh Cara, I love you! Oh Cara, I'm fucking this slut! Oh Cara, I care for you Car(care)! Oh Cara-" she said all of this while looking me in the eye with a glint.

"I'm sorry." I say lowly. I forced myself to look at her, her shattered form, her eyes that want to spill out the tears. I just wanted to hold her! She couldn't hold it in anymore, she broke down and fell to her knees. I came rushing towards her and tried to hold her but she pushed me off.

"Cara, it's me!" I say holding her from behind again while she was sobbing. "I'm sorry." Tears prickled my eyes too because I knew me and Cameron had done this to her. She started to relax in my arms so I turned her around and held her against my chest with my back to the wall. "I'm sorry." I repeat again and again and again. Once her breathing was shallow I put her back up on the bed and pulled the covers over her body, I put the bear in between her arms and sat next to her.

I knew exactly what I had to do to Cameron and this time I'll win!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

370K 9.7K 33
When Rebeccas mom passed away from cancer, she finds herself 4 months later moving to a new town with her dad. As she deals with starting a new schoo...
663K 29.7K 52
★ NOW PUBLISHED! ★ What do you get when you add the ultimate meet cute + a bruised head? = A whole can of heartbreak. It all starts in aisle three. L...
78.5K 1.2K 11
Being with Richie was one of the worst things I'd ever done. He was heartless and cruel; with a 'love' that ruined me entirely. "God knows what is hi...
1.2M 33K 35
"You're just too much fun to mess with," he jokes, his smile transforming into a glowing smirk. My cheeks heat, but this time with anger. My toleranc...