Queen of Hwarang

By silverdropck

The princess of two kingdoms, yet you dominate the hearts of many. The Queen of Hwarang, and the fate of the... More

I Have Returned
Hansung
Brother
The Truths
Please survive
By Your Side
Secrets
Joy and sadness
Part 1 (New Ruler)
Part 2 (I found you)
I'm Changing
Individual Thoughts
For ___.... May Be the Only Solution
Why?
At Peace
A Little Laughter
Where There is a Spark
The Flame to the Fire

Revealed

3K 67 15
By silverdropck

Hwarang ended.... nuuuu

The pic's cool

~~~

"What secrets are you really holding?"

I froze.

"Don't pry into others lives."

"I have every right to do so."

"You have no power to interfere with mine."

I moved my shoulder from her grasp and dusted it off.

"You're a nobody. You have no background. And yet, my mother decides to make you the most powerful Wonhwa?"

I turned around and growled. "Why would you want to know?"

"You could easily be a traitor or spy. Eomoni welcomed you into her arms. Didn't she, dongsaeng?" She raised her eyebrow and smirked in satisfaction.

I glared at her.

"You know nothing about me! You left when I was three because of your sickness!" It was quite obvious she was trying to annoy me. "I am much more powerful than you! I hold a position you will never obtain, you will never know, because I won't say. Even if you kill me."

She pulled out her sword and put it right next to my neck.

"Then maybe I will. Just for you to tell me what you are holding back from the royal family."

"If you do, you will make many angry with you."

"I don't care. No one likes you anyways."

"Who are you to say anything?" I glared harder at her.

She glared back. "I am the first princess, I have more power."

I laughed slightly and smirked.

"You may be the first princess, but you are a puppet under Eomoni's hands. You cannot decipher your feelings. You are too much like her eomoni, unlike her, you are not as evil, cruel, and cold-hearted. But like her, you are greedy and blind. In the future, you may not know but you will fail."

We continued to glare at each other, then she dropped her sword.

"You're tough, but we are very different. But why do you think eomoni chose you to be the most powerful wonhwa?"

"I control my life, I do what I want. No one else is in charge of me."

She nodded turned and left.

I looked up to the sky.

"Why does everything seem to be going out of control again. I lost control (Lose control~... sorry I was listening to the song sooooooo go Lay!) and finally everything balanced. But now I fall again." I then looked forward again.

"But fate is leading me somewhere. I know it."

^^^

(3rd person POV)(for now)

Jinheung stood on the balcony in the Hwarang house. It was their day off, so nearly all the Hwarangs had returned to their houses for the day.

Earlier

Jinheung and Jihyun stood in the gardens. He had needed advice on what had happened the night before.

Jinheung sat on the throne. He was looking around and sat in the night, thinking. Many times he had came here in his true form, with his royal attire, his mother had always stopped him from sitting upon the throne. However, now, he chose to sit on that throne, and was ready to rule over Silla. But so much could go against him becoming king.

Jinheung sighed and closed his eyes.

"What do you think you are doing?!"

His eyes snapped open. In front of him stood his mother. The Queen.

"Do you know how much I sacrificed to save you and this kingdom?! And you want to throw it away by becoming king?"

He didn't answer.

"Stand down. And wait like a good child and your rule will come smoothly."

"No."

She stood shocked.

"You will have many regrets to what you--"

"I know. But my regrets.. I will carry those regrets and keep moving. I will carry my own burden, while you fall under yours"

~

Jihyun faced him. 

(By the way u are Jihyun... the meaning of the name is "From Sino-Korean 智 (ji) meaning "wisdom, intellect" or 志 (ji) meaning "will, purpose, ambition" combined with 賢 (hyeon) meaning "virtuous, worthy, able". This name can be formed from other Hanja characters as well." credits to behindthename.com)

"Jinheung, was taking the throne the right thing to do?"

He then stopped to look at me.

"What I have done, I cannot take back. All I can do is continue making my path. I think I am taking a step forward, but I am taking a step back. I need to make the path before the water can flow. You must pound it, make it flat, move obstacles in the path." He sighed and turned away. "But what do you think of it?"

Jihyun smiled. "You know, sometimes I think I'm more of an advisor than a sister to you."

He laughed. "It's because you see things the way others do not." He then became serious again,"But what do you--"

"What I think of it matters not, you are going to be the king, not me. But whatever you do, you need to be able to control it. Sometimes things will go unexpected and you are supposed to be prepared for it. Look at both sides at the situation. I think that you can be ready, you now know about the people and are able to see changes you want to make. But you have no confidence in what you do."

"I just want to run away sometimes, like the coward I am."

"You are not a coward. You are willing to do things, even if you are hesitant at first, you still accomplish it. You are only afraid. That's what it is that is hurting you."

He sighed.

"You know what. I'm just going to leave. I'll talk to you later when you're less moody."

He turned and began to walk.

Jihyun then yelled after him.

"You know, let me ask you a question. It might help, and it might not, but..."

She then turned to face away from him.

"What is the difference between simply living and being alive?"

Back to the present

"What is the difference between simply living and being alive, huh?" He thought for a while, but then yelled out in frustration. "What kind of question is that?!"

"Ji Dwi."

He turned around abruptly.

"Are you okay?"

Sunwoo stood there. He decided not to return home for the day. Jinheung quickly got himself back together.

"Yes, I-I am perfectly fine. What did you need."

"I want to know if I could easily take over. I am a sacred bone."

Jinheung's eyes widened.

"Why? do you plan on taking the throne?"

"No. I wanted to see if you were the king."

Sunwoo then walked towards him then spoke."And it proves to be true."

He began yelling at Jinheung.

"You know nothing of what happens outside of the capital! You think you can be a good king?! You sit back while others suffer!"

"I'm fighting too!"

Sunwoo chuckled.

"You. You are fighting?"

"It is a fight. It is a fight to hope for there not to be any more deaths. To hope that no more will suffer under the rules of Silla. It is a fight hoping for Silla to change!"

They began to argue and threw punches at one another.

(back to 1st POV)

I was bored. It was again the Hwarang's day off again, but I didn't go out for the day. I expected it to be empty for the day, but then I heard people arguing. I moved behind a pole and silently listened.

"You don't know anything about the crown Sunwoo, you don't know my past or hers!"

"You also don't know mine."

They continued to fight, when I finally got fed up I walked up to the two, coming out of my hiding place.

"Neither of you know each other's pasts, but I know both of yours. I might as well tell you together rather than individually."

I turned toward Sunwoo.

"As a short version. The king of Silla, died during war, so Jinheung or Ji Dwi, was sent with someone into hiding. I was sent to another kingdom, since the queen is my mother, but the my father is a different king, so I am technically a Sacred bone and so is Jinheung, obviously."

I then looked toward my brother.

"If you are asking how I got the information about Sunwoo, or his real name, Moo Myung. I am very in touch with our uncle, Prince HwiKyung. So Sunwoo is our cousing technically. Prince HwiKyung married the Wonhwa JoonJung, however, since Wonhwa was a threat to our weak family at the time, she attempted to kill her, and the wound eventually did, however, she still gave birth to Sunwoo."

They both took time to understand each other's pasts. Jinheung and Sunwoo nodded at each other, almost like they were both at a truce, then Jinheung got up and left.

It was Sunwoo who spoke first.

"How do you know all this?"

"I have returned to Silla multiple times actually, and your aboji was like my second father, he told me I was in my mother's stomach at the time. He has also told me the true story of the death of the Wonhwas.  I have apologized about your mother's death several times, I hope you can forgive me for not saying earlier."

"You weren't responsible so why should I blame you."

 I smiled.

"Thank you Sunwoo. You know, having you as a cousin may be a good thing. You know, you can be really cool at times. "

He smiled slightly as well.

"I guess so." He then had a look of realization." Right, is it true that if someone saw the king's face, they would kill the person."

I nodded.

"Sadly yes. My mother believed that if people knew the king's face, they would attempt to kill him. So she killed them. Why would you ask?"

"My friend, he died one night, when we were trying to find his sister."

I tensed and slowly turned towards him and he continued.

"He was Ahro's brother. I lived as him, but now everyone knows I am a Sacred Bone, so I am no longer her brother, even though I wasn't her brother to begin with.

*(if there is a double  asterisk, it means something happens in the scene: example: the wind blew harder and harder causing the character's hair to fly everywhere.)

**Ahro saw the two and walked up to listen on their conversation.

 My friend talked about his sister all the time. But that night he died."

"Did your friend's name happen to be Makmoon and Master AhnJi's son?"

His fist clenched.

"Yes, it was. Why."

"Because I happen to know a living Makmoon, who has seen my brothers face."

He turned toward me, looking shocked.

I stared back at him.

**Ahro's eyes widened as well

(Cue the thing they do at the end where it freezes at a picture of the characters ending emotion at the end scene)

~~~~

Yass, another update.

I am really glad you guys want my updates. Just to let you know, I update usually on Saturday, or Sunday for some people. But, next week I may or may not update because of my schedule, but if enough peaple want me to do one, I'll do it.

Piano competition next week and my memorization is pretty bad. Like, I'm good when practicing, then when I perform it's like.. FAIL

Ugh.

Hope you enjoyed!!!

February 25, 2017

11:12 PM Los Angeles

Word Count: 1777

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.3K 4.6K 41
Suffering from a loveless marriage to an unfaithful spouse, the princess must retain her composure. With the help of a secret admirer, she learns to...
47.8K 2K 15
She is originally a young woman joining the ranks of the knights in order to prove herself to her mother and her lover's kingdom. Her life was almost...
13.7K 608 23
Two different worlds with two different kingdoms that were separated by two borders that formed each different areas. ꜱᴜɴ ᴋɪɴɢᴅᴏᴍ ᴍᴏᴏɴ ᴋɪɴɢᴅᴏᴍ What w...
44.8K 1.9K 43
In the world for Kings and Queens, Princes and Princesses, it's natural to have more than one maiden in the royal family. Daughter of Lee Ji-eun and...