People of the New World (Nial...

TheWizardofIz tarafından

Niall Horan in Downton Abbey! (After season 4, begins before Xmas special, season 4 spoilers!) Things at Down... Daha Fazla

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine

Chapter Five

748 24 6
TheWizardofIz tarafından

A/N- Sorry I took so long to update! So I’ve now introduced Mr Horan! Now we haven’t had a downstairs perspective yet have we?

Well. Now we do ;) Sorry if its bad.

Mr Molesly

“Two new guests in the house. We will have to stretch the dinner by two places every night now.” Daisy said a small smile on her face as she beat a mixture thoroughly glancing between the members of staff in the kitchen and the mix.

“We should be able to cope. That’ll need at least ten more minutes beating.” Mrs Patmore stated squinting at Daisy’s mixture before raising her eyebrows and turning back to some other dish she was currently working on.

It seemed as if everyone had suddenly assembled in the kitchen, with Jimmy and Thomas hanging in the back of the room waiting around and making small talk with Ivy whilst housemaids rushed up and down the stairs in the adjacent room.

Everything was getting so stressful lately for the staff, with the new guests and preparations for the debutante in a few weeks. He could certainly feel it. Being pushed harder for serving whilst dining by Mr Carson, upstairs more often than down now. But another guest was as interesting as it was vexing.

“Why? What new people in the house?” Mr Molesly questioned interestedly.

“Ask Jimmy. He’s smitten enough with that new Australian girl upstairs.”

Now that Ivy had mentioned it. Jimmy had been acting oddly since she had arrived, being more presentable, pleasant, bold and more nonchalant. Mr Molesly expected that the girl had intrigued him, half the other footman couldn’t keep their eyes off her. He noticed as soon as dinner was served the night prior, glancing at Jimmy to only be looking at the Australian like the other two younger footmen. Mr Carson had finally noticed, giving them all a warning glance which seemed to snap them out of hit. But something wasn’t right still.

Mr Molesly turned to Jimmy, who was leaning on the small table behind the large bench with Thomas playing cards. Jimmy smiled and straightened in his chair, not taking his eyes off his hand of cards.

“She’s Australian? I was wondering why her voice sounded different.” Jimmy stated learning forward and smirking at Thomas before returning his gaze to Mr Molesly. “It’s quite interesting to listen to. You know when she talks...”

Daisy interjected.

 “Australia?” Daisy questioned in her northern accent, “It seems such a world away. That land down under the world.”

She glanced at Ivy.

Ivy stopped cutting some fish. “I hear they have tribesmen who run around with spears and humungous rabbit hides!” Ivy said. “And large grey bears that live in the trees! And those trees don’t drop their leaves in Winter.”

Mrs Patmore turned around, “Where did you learn about all of that nonsense Ivy?”

“Common knowledge Mrs Patmore.” Thomas stated leering at her.

It didn’t seem like it in Mr Molesly’s opinion. Thomas wasn’t one for being honest nor having reliable information.

Common knowledge my eye. It is codswallop.” Mrs Patmore scolded, “And you won’t be commenting on Miss Crabbesbrook’s old country or the way she conducts herself. The poor girl has enough to worry about.”

The room was silent except for Daisy’s constant beating against a bowl and the tapping of Jimmy’s foot as he tried to make his move in Gin.

 “I wonder if everything is upside down.” Daisy questioned.

The staff laughed, Mrs Patmore raised her eyebrows and huffed in defeat, Mr Molesly spoke up. “I don’t believe so Daisy. Otherwise Miss Crabbesbrook might be feeling a bit dizzy.”

The staff laughed yet again. Anna and Ms Baxter entered the kitchen consequently as the laughter died down.

“Everything is sorted for Miss Crabbesbrook and Mr Horan.” Anna stated, smiling at Ms Baxter and then back to the ever growing crowd of staff in the kitchen. Mr Molesly smiled discreetly as Ms Baxter which she returned.

“Mr Horan? He’s that dreamy Irish lad of Mr Branson’s isn’t he?” Ivy stated.

“Yes. I believe so. He is a bit dreamy isn’t he?” Anna laughed her blue eyes sparkling.

“That mixture should be done Daisy.” Mrs Patmore said, her plum face slightly perspired. Daisy somehow came out of a little daze. Mrs Patmore hung her hands on her hips angrily.

“Enough with the fuss about Mr Horan Daisy. I swear all the housemaids blush like maids when his name is raised. First Miss Crabbesbrook, now him. I can never get any sense out of you two!” She said pointing at Ivy and Daisy with a wooden spoon.

“He’s a berk in my opinion.” Jimmy specified with a frown, placing his cards on the table in front of Thomas.  “Gin.”

Thomas growled, slapping his cards on the wooden table before collecting in the cards and starting to shuffle them.

“Now Jimmy. It’s not like you to make quick assumptions.” Anna stated.

“And the Australian staying?” Ms Baxter stated confusedly.

“I won’t hear any more from anyone about Miss Crabbesbrook, now all you shoo, Daisy, Ivy and I have dinner to prepare.” She stated curtly.

Anna and Ms Baxter left the room quietly chatting. Jimmy then sauntered out of the room. Thomas raised his eyebrows and watches as Jimmy exits the room.

“I bet a penny he’s got a trick up his sleeve. He’s been so different since that girl arrived upstairs.” He stated.

“You’re so suspicious.” Mr Molesly said with a slight smile.

“What’s it to you if he likes an upstairs guest? You have enough times.” Ivy stated wiping her fishy hands on her apron and taking the mix from Daisy.

“Thomas nor Jimmy will be ‘liking’ upstairs folk, now back to work otherwise dinner won’t be ready before I’m in my grave.” Mrs Patmore huffed.

“Yes, Mrs Patmore.”

Soon enough the rest of the staff had exited the kitchen to the other room to mingle in their free time before Dinner. But Mr Molesly was in a daze still, not moving from his spot in the kitchen. That was until Mrs Patmore turned towards Mr Molesly red faced and obviously annoyed,

“Go on now. I said shoo.”

***

Mr Molesly found himself in the library before dinner was commencing with a tray of champagne to offer the upstairs family members, with the whole family in the room save for Mr Horan. His lordship and Mr Branson were talking quietly as Mr Molesly offered them their drinks first.

“Thank you Molesly.” His lordship stated graciously, meeting him with a slight smile eye to eye before continuing to talk with Mr Branson. Molesly glanced Mr Carson who gave him a curt nod, from which Mr Molesly consequently made his way over to the chatting women, all dressed accordingly but laughing graciously at each comments and retorting wittily each reply.

“So I take that Mr Horan’s arrival was a success.” Her ladyship stated with a warm smile upon her features, dressed in  white this night, she looked wonderful, matching Lady Mary’s silver attire but in stark contrast to Lady Edith’s red attire and Rose’s pink dress, suiting her quite well in Molesly’s opinion.

Mr Molesly swooped in offering the tray of glasses to them. All taking a glass in their black and white gloved hands and nodding at him graciously as he made for the table with the bottle of champagne and waiting for further instruction.

A woman whom Mr Molesly assumed to be Miss Crabbesbrook shuffled her feet slightly glancing at her shoes then back to her Ladyship, “Uh…yes. Quite so.” She said taking a sip of her champagne raising her eyebrows.

Molesly noticed how nicely she was dressed this night, in a dark blue dress, a string of extraordinary pearls around her neck and a band circling her curled light blonde hair. She towered above all four other women but somehow still looked magnificent which was suddenly why Mr Molesly understood how Jimmy had a strange fascination with the girl.

“Quite so?” Lady Mary mused. “How so?”

“Oh Mary. Must you always need details of such occurrences?” Lady Edith stated with a playful sigh, avoiding any obstinate conversations arising before dinner.

“It’s my job Edith, dear.” Lady Mary stated with a laugh.

Lady Rose shared a glance Miss Crabbesbrook with a look of somewhat distress. She quickly smiled and answered Lady Mary.

“Mr Horan and Miss Crabbesbrook managed to converse quite freely. Isn’t that so Genevieve.”

Miss Crabbesbrook looked up from her daze, “Oh…huh. Yes. It was an interesting experience.”

The way that Miss Crabbesbrook said ‘interesting’ sounded like it had an edge to it, making Mr Molesly’s mind wander. Had there been a conflict between the two new guests. Clashes between guests were a common occurrence at Downton so Mr Molesly was used to it, it sure causes distress between the family members but good gossip for downstairs members much to the distress of Mr Carson and Mrs Hughes.

“That’s good. We wouldn’t want any coldness between new family members.” Her ladyship stated smiling.

“Will Mr Horan be joining us this evening?” Lady Edith queried, finishing her glass, Mr Molesly stepping forward with his tray to intercept it.

“No. I don’t believe so.” Lady Rose stated, “He was too tired I believe.”

Mr Molesly suddenly had realised that someone whom he guessed to have been Mr Horan had entered the room to greet Mr Branson and his Lordship. With sapphire eyes deeper than Mr Branson’s and hair almost as white as snow, he walked over to Mr Branson, who clapped him on the back and introduced him to his Lordship. The women were completely oblivious to that fact.

“It’s quite rude don’t you think?” Miss Crabbesbrook stated much to Mr Molesly’s dismay as Mr Horan approached the group of women. The girl was voicing her displeasure of a man right behind her! “Missing a dinner to-”

“What’s quite rude?” Mr Horan stated smiling charmingly at her.

A look of immense displeasure graced Miss Crabbesbrook’s face but disappeared as quickly enough as possible to allow a smile. She turned around.

“Nothing of your concern, I believe. Mr Horan.”

“Mr Horan.” Rose said with a large, somewhat apprehensive smile glancing at Genevieve. “Great of you to join us.”

“Indeed. It’s a pleasure to do so. I thought it might be polite join you for dinner if it wasn’t too late.” He said glancing at Miss Crabbesbrook with a smirk and then to her Ladyship. “Might I also say how lovely you all look this evening.”

Mr Molesly noticed the glanced between himself and Miss Crabbesbrook. He then leant to kiss her Ladyship’s hand. Miss Crabbesbrook sipped the last of her champagne with a roll of her eyes, placing it on Mr Molesly’s tray.

 “Oh it’s no bother Mr Horan. It’s a pleasure to finally meet you in person.” Her ladyship stated smiling broadly.

Lady Mary laughed, “Tom has spoken so much of you.”

“Truly?” Mr Horan laughed, “I hoped he didn’t make me sound too dreary?”

The way Mr Horan smiled at Miss Crabbesbrook made Mr Molesly wonder whether the boy too, had formed a strange taking to her. Miss Crabbesbrook had her contempt with Mr Horan very though, which interested Mr Molesly as to the scale of the situation in the car on the way home from the station.

“Oh he didn’t” Lady Edith stated, flashing her now rare smile, ever since the trip to Geneva she seemed to downcast to Mr Molesly. Seeing her smile made him quite happy, a fuzzy glow almost. “He mentioned your keen love of mechanics and motor cars.”

He grinned, showing off a perfect set of teeth. “Yes. It’s one of my many specialities.”

“That’s so uncanny. Miss Crabbesbrook happens to have a keen interest in modern engineering too.” Lady Mary stated with a somewhat playful grin as if she knew just as Mr Molesly did.

Mr Horan glanced at Miss Crabbesbrook who met his gaze and smiled perfunctorily, almost mockingly. Her lips then pursed, no longer hiding her disgruntlement. Mr Horan however retained his disposition, smiling at her and still trying to meet her gaze. He was obviously trying to stir her. As if encouraging a retort.

Mr Molesly knew there was something between Mr Horan and Miss Crabbesbrook.

 “That’s wonderful. Do you specialise in anything else?” He asked in an intimidating manner, as if she were a child. Mr Molesly knew that Miss Crabbesbrook would not take well to that.

“Oh yes. But certainly not in as many ways that you do.” She said condescendingly, taking another glass of Mr Molesly’s tray as he offered more drinks. Mr Horan shrugged in acknowledgement.

Her ladyship raised her eyebrows at Miss Crabbesbrook’s comment, “Oh…well.” She seemed to be at loss for words. “I take that your journey to Downton was safe.”

“Quite.” He said. “Miss Rose, Miss Genevieve and Tom were quite welcoming.”

Rose blushed a deep red of embarrassment; Miss Crabbesbrook didn’t seem to be that all amused either. Mary wore a look of sheer amusement and Lady Edith’s gaze seemed to wander.

“There was certainly some chatter and banter.” Rose laughed.

“Yes. There was. Miss Crabbesbrook has quite an interesting intuition.”

“As do you.” She stated curtly. Miss Crabbesbrook’s grey gaze almost seemed to be throwing daggers to that of Mr Horan’s. Narrowing her eyes whenever he glanced at her, but still conversing nonetheless, giving him looks of slight amusement now and then. Her emotions towards Mr Horan seemed to be as unpredictable as her stormy stare. Mr Molesly took that the dinner was going to be very much interesting as it was vexing.

“Dinner is now served.” Mr Carson stated much to the dismay of Miss Crabbesbrook it seemed. Mr Horan offered her his arm to leady her into the dining room into which Miss Lordship, Ladyship, Mr Branson and Lady Mary had already entered.

“Care for an escort Miss Genevieve?” Mr Horan stated smiling charmingly at her.

“No. I do not care for one.” She stated with a smirk. Mr Molesly was astounded by the impoliteness of the comment. “But I mustn’t be rude now should I?”

Mr Horan laughed. She didn’t seem to be amused, that was until the sides of her lips curved up slightly with amusement. Taking his arm, Mr Horan lead her into the dining, still talking to her.

Mr Molesly followed and shut the doors to the dining room behind him to join the other footmen who had been preparing the table.

It seemed things weren’t going as badly as he thought. But that could all change guessing from Miss Crabbesbrook’s behaviour.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

4.1K 92 12
Rachel and Niall have been best friends ever since birth. Before Rachel’s parent’s died due to a car accident, their parents were really close friend...
211K 4.5K 34
"Bye, Samantha Jane Hughes. I will miss you," Were the last words that she heard from her former best friend, Niall Horan in over three years. A lot...
105K 1.8K 35
Cambrie Horan is Niall Horan's niece and god-daughter. Cambrie's father and mother, Niall's brother and sister-in-law, get into a car accident. Niall...
7.6K 199 42
Madi decides to move to Ireland after a life changing accident that leaves her momless. She goes to england with her friend Emma to get her settled i...