Winners Keepers - Dramione ||...

By AegisXyston

*COMPLETE* CRAZY and COMPLICATED. That's what Hermione's life becomes when, after a heated argument with the... More

Summary
Foreword
The Weasel and the Dragon
The Game is On
The Vow is Known
The Broken and the Heartbroken
Peeved
The Beaver and the Ferret
Morning Blues
The Date Night
The Late Night
The Fate Night
Dark Prince, Golden Princess
The Hunted and The Haunted
The Mighty have Fallen
Slytherin Pride
Ravenclaw Wisdom
Two is Better than One
Bad Blood
Eat Sleep Library Repeat
Drinks and Drunken Drama Queens
Whispers and Vacation Vibes
Weasley and Weasley
Love Pills and Liplocks
Cupids at Christmas Eve
Pills and Powders
Carols and Conspiracies
Game Plan
The Prize is Won
Epilogue
100k!! Update and Credits
Redemption : Update and Credits

Winners Keepers

38.4K 1K 740
By AegisXyston

End-of-year Feast, June, 1999

It was the End of Year Feast. The students were just sitting randomly at the tables, not caring for their houses.

The Great Hall was decorated in Gryffindor and Slytherin colours as was the tradition when two different Houses won the two cups.

Slytherin had won the Hogwarts Quidditch Cup, but Gryffindor won the House Cup.

The Headmistress was addressing the students.

"All of us are aware of the terrible things these Halls have witnessed the previous year. But as the greatest headmaster the school has ever seen - Dumbledore - used to say, with loss there always comes some gain. With failure comes progress.

Dumbledore believed in second chances and that is why we have allowed our students, who hadn't been able to sit for their NEWTS last year, another chance to complete it.

And he was right. This year has brought about House unity, never been seen before."

Her eyes momentarily wandered over to Draco, Hermione, Blaise and Luna who were sitting together.

"I think it is only right that apart from the Head Boy and Head Girl, we hear what our eighth years have to say, before they leave us", she concluded.

To everyone's surprise it was Draco who got up.

Stepping up to the teacher's table, he faced the four House tables and began.

"When I stepped into Hogwarts, I felt that I didn't belong here. But this place has given me so much", his eyes wandered to Hermione as he said it, "I can never be thankful enough. It was here that I found my saving grace.

Hermione Granger, will you do the honour of going out with me? I promise to never let you down."

All eyes turned to Hermione and her face reddened.

"Umm, yes", she nodded and a cheer erupted in the Hall.

Ginny surreptitiously pocketed a bag of galleons.

"Thank you Hermione for saving me from myself. I thought that I was the sky, but you are the Earth that holds me together, the one thing I cannot exist without."

The Slytherin girls let out a collective sigh at his words.

"I promise to become the man worthy of you", saying that he went back to his seat beside the brunette, holding her hand in his.

The Slytherin girls were awwing with their hands clasped together, giving him puppy eyes. It was as if they had big red hearts popping out of their eyes.

Even Professor McGonagall wiped a tiny tear from the corner of her eye.

***************************

The Black Lake, Hogwarts grounds

Draco and Hermione were sitting by the Great Lake, enjoying the reddened light of the setting sun sparkle in the waters.

"That was a good speech today."

"I'm fairly confident in my eloquence Granger. I've already told you I've been tutored by the best."

Hermione snorted. What a show off!

"So Hogwarts has given you a lot has it?

Draco was leaning beside her. "It has given me you. That's all I need."

"Oh no, mister. Don't be so full of yourself just yet. We're going to be away for a while, you do realize?" She inquired, peering into his eyes for a reaction.

"Speaking of parting, I have a gift for you", he said as he pulled out a tiny box.

He opened it, revealing an intricate ring with a dragon beautifully carved in a silver metal, studded with tiny emeralds.

Hermione's eyes widened. "Is that what I think it is?" She asked.

"Well, it is a ring, if that's what you're seeing Granger", he smirked.

Hermione rolled her eyes at his failed attempt to mock her. She had taken a lot worse and flipped it right back him. "You know I didn't mean it that way."

"Well whatever you mean, I want you to have it", he replied with determination.

"Are- are you sure? Isn't this too early?" She asked, clearly nervous.

"No, Granger. It's too late actually.
I'd pretty much made up my mind on our first date that I want you forever."

And then he knelt down on his knee.

"So Hermione Jean Granger, will you do me the privilege of being my 'forever'?"

"Yes, yes I will", Hermione said, choking back tears as she accepted.

The ring seemed to be too big for her, but the moment he put it on her finger, the dragon's tail seemed to move of it's own accord and coil around, tightening to fit her frail finger perfectly.

"Thank you", he said kissing her hand, where the ring was placed. The moment he did, the ring seemed to sent currents through her.

"Great Godric, what was that? Did I just imagine that?" She asked, staring at him, wide eyed, in light of the latest developments.

"No you didn't. It has enchantments, sealed with a kiss, quite literally, I'm afraid". He smirked.

"You mean like the ones that detect cheating partners?" She asked, amused at the possibilities.

Draco chuckled. "No, although I wouldn't rule it out."

"It has protective enchantments for the bearer. All Malfoys inherit a pair when they are born. It's a family tradition. Yours is connected to mine over here", he said as he held her hand in his, showing her a more masculine, heavier version of the same ring on his hand. It had lesser emeralds and more of metal. In fact, the only emeralds his ring had, were the ones studded as the dragon's eyes.

The ring sent a wave of warmth and calm through her as he held her.

She could see the dragon's eyes in his ring glowing.

She felt strangely happy that she would share this connection with him forever.

"You're mine now", he spoke with fervor.

"I can live with that", she nodded.

"You do realise that I can brag about owning both the Quidditch Cup as well as the House Cup, now", he said smugly.

"Well played, Malfoy", She said rolling her eyes.

"What can I say? Winners keepers, love", he winked, putting his arm around her.

"Too bad you're a Chaser then", she quipped.

"You never fail to impress Granger", he burst into fits of laughter and the brunette joined him.

And then he kissed her. A kiss that spoke of commitment, of a forever.

It was true that they were parting ways, temporarily, the next day. But they both knew that for all intents and purposes, they were now inseparable.

So for now, they were just content watching the sunset by the Great Lake.

***************************

Author's Note:

Okay folks this is it! This is THE END. 😭😭😭😭

Jk 😋😋
.
.
.
.
.
Rowling 😂

Okay, not really. So I do have an epilogue planned out to cover some plot holes, such as
*Where is Neville?

*Where is Ron?

*Where is Narcissa? (Although I have covered that in the foreword, but she's never mentioned in the story.)

*How did Draco land up in Azkaban? (Even if it's for a week)

*Other ships?(not sure if any of you give a shit, but still, I don't like loose ends)

Also, I really dunno where to take it from here. So here goes nothing.

I have a plot idea for a completely different Dramione, more INTENSE, more DARK, with a more CRAZY-AS-HELL-MESSED-UP-DRACO (I mean it!) as well as a sequel to this ( only if you're not bored as fuck with this one).

So here's the thing.

Since I've already started working on the the other Dramione, I'll be doing that for now so that I can release it shortly.

As for a sequel. It will be published ON REQUEST ONLY. I'm serious. I don't want to piss people off with book versions of unending TV soaps with the protagonists' married life and their children and their grandchildren and their next ten generations... Well you get the picture

So if you REALLY want a sequel, leave a comment here, at the end of this chapter or the epilogue. Coz I'll only bother to write a sequel if I BELIEVE my readers want it.

So get moving and GET ME BELIEVIN'!!!

Until next time, happy reading! 😘😘😘😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

143K 2.9K 29
"I've always hoped this day would come." "My name is Valeriana Zabini." The woman took a shuddering breath. "Your mother." *・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'・*:...
8.6M 271K 36
Hermione Granger wants revenge on Ron. The perfect person for her plan is Draco Malfoy. All she has to do is make him fall for her, easy as cake, rig...
2.1M 76.5K 102
[ BOOK TWO OF MISCHIEF MANAGED | JAMES POTTER VS SIRIUS BLACK ] ❝ But," her voice trailed off brokenly, "I'm still me. I'm still Tessa Valentine. I d...
702K 24.9K 72
"Must be tough, everyone loves you, don't they? So goddamn perfect. They don't see it but I do, Potter. I can see straight through you." "And what do...