Misconceptions ✔

De geethu_sweetie28

Highest ranking: #4 in Indian; #7 in General Fiction; #7 in politics. •2nd place category winner of The Stell... Mais

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1:First Encounter
Chapter 2: Clash of the Titans
Chapter 3: Vile plan and major decisions
Chapter 4: Vows of forever(?)
Chapter 5: Truth and collaboration
Chapter 6: Naughty guy and arrogant girl
Chapter 7: First day of marriage
Chapter 8: Chief Minister. Arjun Mehra
Chapter 9: (Un)Known feelings
Chapter 10: Jealous Arjun
Chapter 11: Realisations
Chapter 12: Dinner to muse on
Chapter 14: A Dream?
Chapter 15: Surprise gift opening
Chapter 16: A dream that has come true
Chapter 17: The Devil
Chapter 18: Mrs. Radhika Arjun
Chapter 19: A glimpse of the past
Chapter 20: Work is God
Chapter 21: A step towards Tweety
Chapter 22: A danger
Tagged (Not an update)
Chapter 23: Fear
Chapter 24: The Punishment
Chapter 25: The Past.
Chapter 26: The confessions.
Chapter 27: The Seduction
Chapter 28: The Reconciliations
Chapter 29: The Old Skeletons {with flesh}
Chapter 30: Behind the masks.
Chapter 31: The Disclosure.
Chapter 32: The Aftermath
Chapter 33: The Villain
Chapter 34: The Blast
Epilogue

Chapter 13: What in the Sam Hill?

6.5K 327 147
De geethu_sweetie28

Salaam everyone... How are you all?? Sorry for the late update, but this time I have a very bad reason... I was suffering from Rickettsial fever and was hospitalised for 4 days... And after that follow-up appointment kept me busy... So here is the next chapter of Misconceptions... I don't know when I will update next, sorry about that too...

Happy reading...

~~~~~~

Pic credit: MysteriousGianna Thank you so much, Di for the beautiful cover. You said it all about the story with a single line 'Love will find you'.

~~~~~~

After the minister and his wife left the farm house, it is now Arjun and Pawan's turn to become the object of Radhika's ire. Arjun and Pawan were still in the same mode that is pissed off mode with the minister and his wife and failed to see the expression on Radhika's face. They turned their heads back and got to see Radhika in full-on fighter mode.

'What?' asked Arjun.

'You are asking me "what"?' asked Radhika air quoting 'what'.

'I don't understand why you are so pissed off. I thought you will be happy because your mission is accomplished. Or wait!! Did you think to do something more and we sent them off before your mission is completed?'

'Forget it.' Said Radhika and tried to move from there but Arjun is not going to allow her to escape now before he got his answers.

She cannot dodge his questions always, all right.

'You cannot always leave me hanging for answers. Answer me, right now.'

'You are ordering me?' asked Radhika pointing her left-hand index finger towards her.

'When did I order you? I'm asking for answers and you were the one who is always on silent mode. Didn't I ask you what were you going to do with the minister and his wife? You were so over-excited and didn't share your plan. Now you are sulking like a kid because your plan is not implemented to full extent.' Said Arjun with a resigned sigh.

What is he going to do with this lovely wife of his?

'Now you are blaming me. And I'm not sulking like a kid. I'm going to erupt like a volcano. What did you think when you invited that Cartoon Minister from your cabinet? You are part of that cabinet, so you bear him. Why did you drag me in the middle? And you will get punishment for this not-so-lovely idea.' Said Radhika with an evil smile.

'Punishment? Doll!! You can't be serious.' Said perplexed Arjun.

Pawan who was dead (not in the literal sense) all this while came alive when he heard the word 'punishment.' Arjun is going to get punishment, so he will be safe from whatever punishment Radhika planned for him because the plan is not his. And he even tried to stop Arjun, didn't he? If Radhika asks for any explanations, he will say the same thing and escape the punishment. But his ears perked up when Arjun called her 'Doll'; like seriously, didn't his friend get any other endearment? How can he call her a doll? By the way which doll he is referring to? Not the Barbie, of course, Barbie is too cute to even compare her with Radhika. Maybe he referred her to an evil doll with two horns on her head. Ah!! That very well provides the apt explanation. He should give his friend the credit he deserves after all this punishment drama is over. Coming out of his thoughts, he asked out loud...

'Doll?'

Radhika who heard this slapped her forehead because of the foolishness of her husband. Can't he just seal his mouth? Now, this stupid Mr. Spoon got to know her nickname. He will tease them to world's end from now on. What must be he thinking when he heard 'Doll'? Why should his ears be so sharp to even grasp that small word? Okay then, even if he heard that, can't he just leave it and let them live peacefully already? What should she answer him now? Should she say--No, no, that is not doll; you heard it all wrong when it is some other thing that rhymes to doll- like what? Tall? What on earth? From where do these all ideas popping in her head? Tall, like seriously, does it even rhyme with doll? Should she take pronunciation classes again? Ughh!! Why can't her mind work in such matters? Before she comes up with a brilliant retort that can shut Pawan's mouth, Arjun took over and said...

'Yes, you have a problem?' said Arjun absent-minded but got to senses very quickly. He opened his mouth to say something, anything that will remove the traces of his foolishness, but no, he cannot reverse the irreversible. Radhika is shooting daggers through her eyes as if the entire fault is his. Didn't she rile him up to call her that? She should know by now that he calls her 'Doll' when he is too much happy or angry. Why is everyone on the verge to break something or the other on his head every single time? Before it was Pawan when he invited that Cartoon Minister as his wife called him to his house. Now it is his wife. Can't he live peacefully even for a second? No, scratch that, even for a zillionth of a second. Why is this Pawan having a smug smile on his face? What did he achieve so grand now? Ah!! Right!! Didn't he get the secret name he calls his wife? Why should he speak the endearment in front of him? Now itself he is killing him with all his romantic ideas. And then he got to know this, what will he do? Oh!! Dear God!! If you are out here, please erase this piece of information from Pawan's mind.

'So you call her Doll. What kind of doll?? The one with which people perform black magic?' asked Pawan and shut his mouth when he realised his mistake. Radhika is with them, goddamit. He thought he can escape the punishment earlier, didn't he? Now there is not even a single chance she will listen to his explanations and he spoiled that with his own hands. He may even be hanged for this. He doesn't want to die at such a young age. He doesn't even have a girlfriend for heaven's sake. What would happen to his girlfriend if he dies? She will become widow even before he asked her hand for marriage. He should burrow a hole and go for hibernation till these nut heads confess their feelings. Or else his mouth and these two crackpots will be the reasons for his demise.

'Now listen to me both of you. You think you are the cleverest of all the people, right? So pray tell me what will be the punishment I'm going to give you both for all these things you did to me?' asked Radhika rubbing her hands in a gleeful manner. She is so going to enjoy this.

Arjun and Pawan saw each other faces that moment and they both know they are out of ideas and cannot think of a suitable answer. So they let their minx do the talking.

'No.' Answered Arjun and Pawan at the same time.

'There it goes again. Why are you both speaking at the same time?'

'We don't know.' Said Arjun and Pawan.

'Ughh!! No, forget it. I'm not going to ask you both any questions.' Listening to a relieved sigh from Arjun and Pawan, Radhika continued 'Besides I've a very cool idea for tonight. Do you want to listen?'

Arjun and Pawan nodded their heads vigorously in a yes to listen to this cool idea so that they can turn this idea to their favour. Seeing their enthusiasm Radhika threw her first arrow.

'You both will not get dinner tonight.' Their lower jaws hit the ground; it means her arrow hit the target. She is not finished yet because there are more arrows in her Quiver. She is not going to use all of them but one will do for the present scenario. 'And you will watch me when I'm taking my dinner. I should see your faces when I'm devouring all the delicacies that I ordered from your favourite restaurant.' Said Radhika with a winning smirk on her face.

When did Arjun think she is cute again? He is cursing that moment and his mind for even thinking that way. She is devil reincarnation. She wants to see their lapdog faces when she is going to gobble down all the finest dishes. Not fair at all. Should he protest for his right? Or should he settle down for his punishment? What will be the consequences if he protests? And he should live with her too. It is better to accept the punishment unless he wants to double this one. Pawan is not the one who is going to succumb to the punishment. He needs to speak even though his mouth lands him in problems. Thank Goodness!! He didn't contest the elections as one of the candidates in the cabinet. His government would have been fallen even before it is sprouted.

'And why do you expect us to gaze you while you are eating? So we can die two times? First, we will die because of hunger and next because of your expressions. Only you will know what kind of expressions you are going to throw on our faces.' Said Pawan with all the frustration he had at that moment. He will not get dinner tonight. Where is this night going?? He cannot even go out and eat something. His dratted friend has this awesome habit of buying the houses that are far away from the city. By the time he reaches the restaurant, he would be collapsed because of his empty stomach. This night is not going to get any better.

Didn't Arjun guess right? Pawan dug his own grave. Now he has to wait for his wife's retort. He will not have to endure any of his wife's wrath--for now.

'Okay then. There is no need to watch my face.' Seeing the shocked face of Arjun and the smiling face of Pawan, she continued 'You can clean all the rooms and I should not see a speck of dust on anything. Only then you will not see my face, right?'

Pawan gulped hard at the thought itself. He is cleaning the entire house with the cloth on an empty stomach in his thoughts. No!! It is better to watch her face itself. He would not faint watching her face but will definitely be admitted to hospital if he accepts the other one.

'Can I repeal this offer and settle down on the first one instead?' pleaded Pawan.

'Did I say I gave you an offer?' asked Radhika sitting cross-legged on the sofa.

"Devil!!!" thought Pawan and Arjun.

'Nope. But I will be comfortable watching your face. That will be better I guess.' Said Pawan smiling sheepishly.

'Why should I care about you being comfortable?'

'Okay, this is not going anywhere. I cannot stand here anymore. Finish your dinner already and we will watch you. Now cut the crap and do it quickly, because my patience is running out now. Do it as fast as you can or else I am going to throw both of you out of my house.' snapped Arjun.

He has to endure such fools and kids who are going to fight on any silly issue. Here he will not get dinner and his bloody friend cum brother is hell bent to aggravate the punishment. He will have a word with him later. Now he should fulfil this not-so-interesting idea that popped up in his beautiful she-devil's head.

With those words of Arjun, both Pawan and Radhika were watching him as if he has lost his mind. In fact, he is the only one who is using his head now. If he leaves this matter to these two nitwits they will quarrel on the same issue till tomorrow night. And he is running out of his patience levels now.

'Technically this is my house too. Until we are divorced, of course. (Added Radhika as an afterthought) But you are so eager for your punishment. And that excitement is barely letting me contain myself. So let's start. Oh! Before that, Mr. Spoon! Do you have any further questions?'

Arjun turned towards Pawan to dare and say something which will allow him to actually throw Pawan out of his house ignoring the divorce matter that Radhika so easily raised. But Pawan got his intentions, he guess. So he stood like a rock and obeyed to his wife with no further questions. Silence is so much better at this point. He should try this every now and then.

Radhika entered the kitchen and brought out all the favourite items of Arjun. Can't his world stop spinning till his wife finishes off her dinner? The answer is obviously a big No written on a slate with Neon paint. So he is doing the correct and the only thing he can do right now. Watch his wife as if there is no tomorrow. Dinner or no dinner. Only his stomach is suffering but his entire body is dancing looking at her.

Pawan obviously is not sharing Arjun's state of mind. He wants to kill the lady in front of him. Had not his friend in love with her, he would have just done that.

After Radhika's dinner and the torture to Arjun and Pawan's tummy and eyes (only Pawan's in eyes matter), all retired to their respective rooms. When Arjun was about to enter the same bedroom as Radhika, she stopped him.

'You know you can sleep in any of the other rooms. Not this one. I've taken this. And it's not our home with one bedroom either. So make yourself comfortable in some other room. Good night.' said Radhika and shut the door on his face.

Minx!!!

What can a husband do at such position when his lovely wife left him to wander places without her? Go to a friend and eat his brain. And the lucky friend is none other than Pawan. So he summoned Pawan to his study. Pawan who is irritated with Radhika's antics came to the study to blow a fist to his handsome friend's face.

'What do you want now? Can't I sleep a wink before your wife comes up with another fabulous idea and blow my head?' snapped Pawan.

'I called you here for another important matter other than your sleep.' said Arjun calmly as if he is in deep thought.

'What is it Arjun?' asked Pawan becoming serious this time. All his irritation was vaporised when he saw his friend lost in his thoughts.

'You know why I want to annul this marriage. Don't you?'

'Of course, I know. You need to marry your so-called childhood sweetheart and keep your mother's word to her mother.' said Pawan with another course of irritation building up.

'Now there is no need for that.'

'Huh?'

'As you already I love my wife a lot. I cannot leave her for anybody.'

'Yes.'

'So, I guess my Maa will understand my position. So find this childhood sweetheart of mine as soon as you can and also before our annulment of marriage. Do this very cleverly and I don't want any issues arising from this. She deserves the truth and also about our marriage happenings.' said Arjun.

Pawan who heard this jumped in his place and launched himself on Arjun. Arjun who didn't expect this fell back in his seat but was safe from Pawan's attack.

Unfortunately, Radhika who thought to speak with Arjun about how he is faring listened to only the last sentence and was rooted to her place. So he really wants to annul the marriage even after all that has happened between them. She slowly made way to her room when she heard Pawan's squeal of happiness. Of course, he will support Arjun in this matter. He didn't like her from the very beginning after all. What should she do now? It's not like her husband confessed his feelings but the love he has for her is visible to even a blind fellow. The way he looks at her says it all. Even today he hugged and thanked her when she defended Mr. Spoon. Then what happened in this time being that he is ready to annul the marriage and go and find his childhood sweetheart-isn't that what he said? So he loves her more than he loves his wife. Only then he is ready to leave her. When did her heart start expecting more from Arjun? Why the hell did she even let her heart to encourage such feelings? Didn't she take an oath not to trust the politician's and their words? In the last, her husband turned out to be a politician, not the man she loves. Even now she loves him. Stupid heart of hers is not ready to accept this thing about her man. Her heart and her husband can go hang for all she cares. From now on she will not give a damn about what her husband makes her feel. All she will ever do is to ignore him and these feelings he is so easily evoking in her. Yes!! That is what she is going to do. With that one as her final decision, she left the washroom where she was crying vigorously for her heart and her husband.

On the other side, Arjun who is unaware of his wife's decision is celebrating his decision with his friend. He doesn't know what his wife is planning for him. Not even his heart that is going to shatter to million pieces when his wife ignores him for no reason.

Next morning the trio were ready to leave the farm house. Radhika came out of her room with dark circles around her eyes. Didn't she sleep well last night? Maybe she was missing his warmth beside her. Next time he is not going to let her decide where he should sleep. There will be no next time because the next time they come here will be after he confessed his feelings. He is so engrossed in his thoughts that he failed to see his wife is not getting into his car but a black Sedan that was parked just behind his car. When he got to realise what happened, she is already gone.

What in the Sam Hill!!!!

~~~~~~

End of the thirteenth chapter. Okay before you throw all the things that are in your hands and make a heap on my head, I'm letting you know that this is just a bend in the road. If you have to reach our destination we need to cross many of these bends. Life is all about such things. We, humans, are a better example for that.

Coming back from the philosophy; how did you like Radhika, Arjun and Pawan in this chapter?? I was laughing the whole time imagining Arjun and Pawan as school boys who were caught in a mischief and was being punished for that, where in real they are not the culprits. It's so good to imagine such shades in any person, don't you think? Child-like characteristics even we are mature enough in our age.

So what do you guys think will happen next? I'm informing you beforehand that there will be no separation of Arjun and Radhika in this story. Yes!! There will be misunderstandings and misconceptions (as the title of the story) between them but they are never going to get separated from each other. Who do you think the black Sedan parked behind Arjun's car belongs to?? Is it Vikas's or someone else's entirely?? What will Hitesh do after listening to Radhika's side of the story?? Will he hit Arjun or listen to the other side of the story?? What is Vikas's equation in all this?? So many questions and no answers!! So sorry for that, this is what my story is all about. Confused characters with their equally confused partners. Haha. You can imagine me with horns on my head. LOL.

Thank you so much for the lovely response on the earlier chapter. And also adding the story to your reading lists.

All my readers who are reading this story and loving this one so much, I love you all with my whole heart. Keep pushing me like this and who knows I can write even better in the future.

As usual do let me know your views on this chapter and me, as a good girl as I am will cherish them.

Love you all and have a great weekend.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

41.1K 5.1K 50
❝Our love douses us in flames. It's terrible and deep and wingless, but I'll burn here if you burn here too.❞ ───※ ·❆...
207K 10.3K 62
"How dare you crash into my car?" roared a voice, his voice. This man he doesn't even have some manners to help others. He is shouting at me when I a...
30.7K 4.9K 31
Anubhav Singh: The esteemed DSP of Lucknow, known as the fearless tiger of department. Haseena: A kind-hearted pediatrician at New Life Hospital. Bot...
526K 21.1K 39
# 1 in General Fiction as on 11-03-2017 A Gasp escapes my mouth looking at my accidental husband kissing those three girls one after other ...... Tea...