Be Your Everything

By wallxflowxer

He tangled his hand in the tips of my hair and rested his chin on the top of my head, "You don't always have... More

Chapter One: Moody
Chapter Two: Family
Chapter Three: Goody Two Shoes
Chapter Four: Tutors
Chapter Five: Concerned
Chapter Six: The Boogy Man
Chapter Seven: I Know a Cute Couple When I See One
Chapter Eight: A Bit of Heart Break
Chapter Ten: Detention? Ugh.
Chapter Eleven: Stuck In The Storm
Chapter Twelve: Perfect
Chapter Thirteen: Snow & Ice
Chapter Fourteen: Everlasting Smiles
Chapter Fifteen: Mickey D's at Midnight
Chapter Sixteen: Being Helpful
Chapter Seventeen: Bruises
Chapter Eighteen: So Many Kisses
Chapter Nineteen: Again
Chapter Twenty: Just Not A Good Day
Chapter Twenty-One: Surprise Surprise
Chapter Twenty-Two: Prom?
Chapter Twenty-Three: Dazed and Red-Faced
Chapter Twenty-Four: The Night
Chapter Twenty-Five: The Day
Chapter Twenty-Six: After
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Alive, Barely
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Always There
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Rules Were Made To Be Broken
Chapter Thirty: Anxious
Chapter Thirty-One: What Am I Going To Do?
Chapter Thirty-Two: Love You, 'Night.
Chapter Thirty-Three: Bad Luck
Chapter Thirty-Four: A Long Night
Chapter Thirty-Five: Chimichanga!
Chapter Thirty-Six: Home Sweet Home
Epilogue: My Everything
He Stole My Bandana (So I Stole His Heart) Preview!
Surprise: Please Read!

Chapter Nine: Three-Pointers & Rambling

12.9K 355 109
By wallxflowxer

Chapter Nine:

Three-Pointers Rambling

_________________________

I stepped foot off the stinky bus that I was forced to take today because of all the ice and adjusted my backpack, letting my hands hang from the straps I held on to. My dad decided that I wasn't walking today since ice was covering the sidewalks. He thinks I would fall and die. Well said dad, well said.

Just as I opened the front doors to the school, the bell was ringing for everyone to get to class. I immediately sped down the hallway towards Mrs. Foster's classroom. Being late was one of my fears; I had managed to keep a perfect attendance these last few years of high school. I still have my senior year to keep it up, nothing's impossible.

I charged through the door and realized I still had my backpack. Oh well, now was not the time to worry about that. I quickly took my seat before Mrs. Foster could enter the room and realize I was late. As I went to sit down, my chair was pulled out from under me and I busted my butt on the hardwood floors of the classroom. I groaned aloud and let my head fall back to see who the culprit was. Of course.

I was staring into the dark Brown eyes of Danielle Pierce. She had an evil smirk growing on her face as she tapped her fingers on the chair. If it wasn't basketball season, she'd have long, french tipped, fake nails on her real ones. That's just how she was.

I grumbled to myself and stood up, dusting off the dark jeans I had on today. Danielle seemed more confident now than she did in the bathroom the other day when she told me to stay away from Cameron. Which reminds me, where is he? He wasn't in here right now...

I hastily took my chair from her grip and ignored all the giggles and laughs I was getting out of this class. Danielle stepped closer to me before I sat down. She fixed her white scarf that was wrapped around her neck, "I told you to stay away from Cameron." I rolled my eyes at her and sat down.

I have nothing to worry about. Besides, how did she know I hung out with him yesterday? Did he say something and she overheard? He doesn't want anyone to know he's being tutored, though, I imagined the only person that knows is Adam, his best friend.

Mrs. Foster came into the room finally and sat down at her desk. Today seemed like it was going to be boring.

Once class was over, I stuffed Cameron's book back in my locker since I had the feeling I wouldn't see him soon today. As I began to walk away and to my next class, I ran right into him. I am good at jinxing myself. I smiled up at him and barely noticed he had his friends with him. Wesley, Zach, Cody and Adam all looked at me in confusion. Adam's face was less confused than the rest, though.

"Hey, Cameron. I have your book in my locker-" I jabbed my thumb in the direction of my locker and narrowed my eyes at him when he interrupted me, "I don't know what you're talking about." He said nervously. I slowly caught on to what he was doing. Snickers sounded from the boys behind him while Adam just stood there, looking disappointingly at Cameron.

I crossed my arms and stood there for a minute, letting the frown on my face become a natural thing. "Okay, whatever you say, jock." I spat at him before walking right between all his friends, purposely bumping into his shoulder. He never budged, but I heard his friends continue to carry on.

I was beginning to think that this kid is bipolar. One minute he's sweet and funny, the next he's either looking confused or mad about something. I will never understand why popular people did that. You know, dust a new un-popular friend off like they were nothing. Oh Cameron, no, I wasn't helping you learn or anything.

That's it. The next time I find him alone, I'm bringing up the dyslexia thing. It doesn't matter if he gets mad or not. I need to know, and he needs to get help on it or else he won't get his grades up. I have a feeling his parents had something to with it all, too.

A few classes later and it was time to eat lunch. I was overly excited about eating since I forgot to eat this morning. I know what you're thinking, how could someone forget to eat? Well, you see, my brain is always jumbled together. You never know what to expect with my brain. If that makes any sense what-so-ever.

I quickly grabbed my tray, passing all the lunch table that held a lot of popular people. The only person I didn't see was Cameron. i saw all of his friends, his jock-jerk friends. All of them played sports. Wesley and Zach, the twins, play football. Cody plays baseball and soccer and Adam plays basketball with Cameron. The two of them are best friends and seem completely dedicated to playing basketball.

I sat down at the end of my table, a few girls sitting at the other end. Amber, who usually sat between the group of girls and me, scooted down and sat directly in front of me.

"What's up?" She asked, smiling brightly. I cocked an eyebrow as my jaw almost fell to the floor. I haven't to my ex-best friend since I quit basketball. She knows why I quit yet she left me all alone when Danielle decided that I was a waste of time to talk to. No more basketball = no more friends.

"Hi?" My answer came out more like a question. Amber's smile didn't fade as she began to take a bite of her sub we were served today for lunch. I hesitantly took my eyes off of her and took a few bites of my own food, my stomach growling in the process.

"So, how's life been?" I could tell that Amber was trying her best to keep a conversation going. She used to be my best friend. She know everything about me. How could I not talk to her?

I know that she hasn't exactly been there for me and all, but I didn't want her to feel the way I have been for past while. She doesn't seem to hang with as many people as she used to. Maybe I should just give her a chance...

"It's been good. Matt's healthy," I remembered telling her everything after what happened to him, "everything else seems to be going good." I finished. I didn't even think about what just happened in the hall. Cameron's in denial and I'm just going to have to accept it until find him and talk him out of it.

"Awesome. Uh..." Amber trailed off as she thought of what to say, "They are having try-outs for the girls All-Star team. Are you doing it?" She took a bite of her sub and waited for my answer.

"I doubt it." I replied. Of course I wouldn't. The reason I stopped playing in the first place was because I was dedicated to staying at the hospital with Matt and also my parents couldn't afford to keep me in it. Now that my dad can spend more time for his job, things have gotten a lot better. I still didn't feel comfortable playing the sport, for some reason.

"C'mon, Soph. You are a great player and I know you miss it." Amber told me excitedly. Why does she not understand that I just don't want to. I won't like any of the girls on the team.

"You know, I think the reason that Danielle doesn't like you that much is because you were the best on the team. Honestly. I always thought you were," She paused for a minute after realizing I wasn't as interested, "Just think about trying out, OK? I'll tryout with you?" I didn't respond as I took more bites of my food. I didn't really have anything to say. Finally, Amber sighed heavily and tapped her finger on her tray.

"I'm really sorry, Soph. I was a horrible friend." My eyes widened at her words. Amber wouldn't make eye contact with me at all for a minute. She stared down at her tray and awaited my answer once again, "I should've stuck by you like a great best friend would do. But I didn't and I'm so sorry. I really miss you." Her voice was full of regret as well as her eyes when they finally met mine.

"I really missed you, to. Amber, don't feel bad, OK?" I rested my hand on hers to give her reassurance. I was never one to hold a grudge against anyone. Even if she did leave me hanging, I can't stay mad at her. Especially since we'd been best friends for years before basketball was even in the picture.

Amber stood up with an empty tray and hugged me. I hugged her back, happy to have my best friend back.

I scurried out of the lunch room and down the hall before the bell even rang. I was aware that we had about 15 to 10 minutes left before the next class started but I was hoping to clean my locker out. It was a little messy and I don't have time to clean it out between classes. After school isn't any good either because I have to run to catch the bus.

As I twisted the combination, I heard the faint sounds coming from the gym that I had a good view of from my locker. The doors were propped open and the smell that I had grown used to was in the air. When I saw Cameron move in front of the basket that was visible to me, I knew now was my chance to get him alone.

I reached in my locker and pulled out the book he'd left at my house and walked up to gym, cautiously stepping inside. Lucky for me, only a few kids were sitting on the far end of the gym with textbooks in their hands most likely studying, They were the over achievers in all our classes.

Cameron had on his gym clothes; a pair of dark blue basketball shorts and a muscle shirt that showed off his sides, and his unbelievably buff stomach. I kept my eye glued to the back of his ruffled brown hair to keep myself contained. It's so weird saying that...

Cameron shot, the ball hit the back board and bounced onto the floor. He kept his eyes trained on the basketball hoop, most likely swearing at it. The ball slowly rolled to a stop right at my feet.

I debated between picking up and shooting it and kicking it back to him. I went with the first choice and picked it, the surface of it feeling foreign to me. With Cameron's book stuffed in my sweatshirt pocket, I made the shot, swishing it and watching Cameron slowly turn around. I had just made a three-pointer and I was feeling pretty proud.

Cameron's eyes went wide when he noticed it was me. His hands placed on his sides and his foot stuck out so he was only leaning on one. I did a very sad attempt at wiping the triumphant smile that was growing larger by the minute. I couldn't help it; I hadn't shot a basketball in what seems like forever.

Seeing that Cameron was to stunned to move his feet, I walked up to him and tugged the book out of my pocket, practically throwing it at him. I wasn't trying to be mean about it, it just kind of came off like that. The smile on my face made it less mean.

"Why were you late today?" I asked him as I put both my arms behind my back and held them there. I always did that when I was standing up, I'll never know why it's a comfortable position.

"I woke up late. Got here after 1st period." He told me. His fingers ran over the pages and fanned his hair softly. I waited a minute before I finally decided that now I should ask him what i really wanted to, putting the earlier events behind us. Like I said, I don't hold grudges and I'm not going to start.

"Um, can I ask you something?" That caught his attention as he nodded his head. I followed him over to the bleachers and sat down beside him. The kids that were studying got up and left, probably because the bell was going to ring in a little bit. Cameron propped his elbows on his thighs and leaned on them, playing with the book still in his hands.

"If it's about earlier today, I'm really sorry. I was being a jerk and-" He said suddenly, throwing me off guard. I didn't really expect him to apologize.

"No, no. It's not about that. I'm not mad over that, I understand." I replied honestly. Cameron looked over his shoulder at me and raised an eyebrow, probably expecting a different response from me.

"What is it then?" He asked as he turned himself sideways so his legs were straddling the bleachers we were on. I cleared my throat because I knew this conversation could go two ways. He could blow his top or he could just let me help him and stay calm. I'm hoping for the second one.

"I've noticed how you kind of, uh, have trouble reading sometimes. It frustrates you. I can just tell." I began. Cameron's facial expression went emotionless as I continued to talk, only making eye contact a few times since his eyes were glued to the gym floor. He propped his Jordan's up on the seat and put his arms around his leg.

"I was wondering... do you have Dyslexia? Well, you don't have to tell me. I was just wondering because I could not put so much pressure on you to read and I could, you, know help you or something. Isn't that why you needed help in the first place?" I rambled on about it until Cameron's face started to get red. I felt my heartbeat quicken as he sat on the seat in a regular style, feet on the floor.

"Sophia, I don't need or want help. This is why I didn't tell you in the first place! I don't want your pity." He slightly raised his voice, making me cringe at the sound of it. I wasn't used to that coming from him.

"I wasn't pitying you, Cameron. I am trying to help which is what I'm supposed to be doing as your tutor!" I shot back. I was careful not to raise my voice like he did. No, I'm not going to stoop to the level of arguing over something like this.

Cameron looked at me and his face softened, "Well, now you know. I don't want people knowing my weaknesses. So don't think you can run off and tell your little friend that the jock can't read to save his life." He referred to what I had called him earlier. OK, that hit me in the heart. I can't believe he would think I'd do that. I racked my brain to try and think of a good reason he'd say that. I am not like the others. The only reason I can think of is that he's only known me -besides just knowing who I am or if I exist- for a little more than a week.

"For one thing, I am offended that you think I'm that cold. And for another," I paused and just pure rage was wanting to come out as my face reddened, "What friends would I tell it to? Cameron, that is something I would never do and you have to understand that!" I practically yelled at him. I had a feeling the veins in my neck were standing out like they used to when I yelled. It was never often, mostly during basketball games or something, but I never yelled.

Cameron put his head in his hands and ran his fingers through his tousled hair. It took all I had not to get up and walk away. My dad always told me not to run away from my problems, they only got bigger. Right now, I feeling it couldn't be bigger than it is.

"I'm sorry, Soph." Cameron's blue eyes met mine and they were filled with worry. I scanned his facial features. From his light spread freckles to the button nose and his perfect lips.

"I don't want your pity, Cam." I said softly. It was almost mockingly to what he said a minute ago, but I tried to not make it be since I was trying to be the mature one here.

A light smile tugged at his lips when I called him Cam. You'd think we had been friends forever just by what we call each other. I sunk down on the bleachers, leaning my back on the seat behind me. It takes a lot to hold all the anger I've got in me to settle it down. I never express my feelings in anger because I was taught it was bad to that way, but after all i've been through with Matt, almost losing him, and just everything like basketball girls, I could scream at the top of my lungs and it still wouldn't be fine.

Cameron could tell all this. I had the feeling he could by the way he was looking at my furious face. Amazing how you could know a person by spending such little time with them.

"Let's shoot some hoops before the bell rings." Cameron smiled down at me as he held a hand out to me, standing in front of me. I blinked a few times to keep the hot tears from spilling over and looked up at him. I uncrossed my arms and let them fall to my sides.

"Don't make me do something you'll regret." He teased and shook his hand anxiously. I kept my face straight as I stared at his shaking figure. He grinned down at me and did something I didn't see coming.

________________________

Ohemmgeeeeee!

Whatdoyouthinkhedid?*Wiggleseyebrows*

Letmeknowinthecomments!

Vote/Fan/Comment!

Gotabooksuggestionformetoread?Orevenyourown?Tellme!I'lltrymybesttocheckitout!

Thanksforreading!Hopeyoulikedit(:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 2.5K 80
the spelling errors in this book are so bad sorry ima rewrite it really soon though ~ Hi my name is mistake or my brother calls me Sophia And yes I...
174K 3K 67
After her older brothers moved away to pursue their career goals Mackenzie felt empty. To try and escape her past she decides to move in with Logan...
Belong By Snow White

Teen Fiction

8.5K 747 36
Featured on @TeenFiction (Funny Bones) Book 1 in Belong Series Zoe Richard/Brown lives a life every girl dreams of despite that, she felt something i...
199K 5K 38
"You can't run, I'll catch you. You can't hide, I'll find you. So why don't you just give up, Sophia darling?" Sophia is an ordinary girl with a ord...