Complicated

Da ViciousHipster

Kadence was a normal girl, she loved music, had good grades, and a warm loving family. Not to mention the per... Altro

Chapter | 1 |
Chapter | 2 |
Chapter | 3 |
Chapter | 4 |
Chapter | 5 |
Chapter | 6 |
Chapter | 7 |
Chapter | 8 |
Chapter | 9 |
Chapter | 11 |
Chapter | 12 |
Chapter | 13 |
Chapter | 14 |
Chapter | 15 |
Chapter | 16 |
Chapter | 17 |
Chapter | 18 |

Chapter | 10 |

144 4 0
Da ViciousHipster

"Did I scare you?" Liam asked, rising off of my bed slowly and walking towards me. His face was creased with concern, I didn't know whether to believe it was real or just fake. He seemed pretty good at faking, a while ago he'd told me that he'd liked me and today I found him around with some girl like that never even happened. He could be toying with me right now, but this time I won't fall for it.

"As if you care; shouldn't you be with your beautiful girlfriend?" I said walking past him, making sure my shoulder hit his arm as I passed. I dropped my bag on my bed and turned to face him, folding my arms across my chest. "How did you even get in here?"

He turned and looked at me, his eyes filled with something I couldn't peace together. "I saw you talking to that tool Joshua Bass, what were you talking about?" He asked me.

He could not be serious right now, "My conversation with Joshua is none of your fucking business Liam." I snapped at him.

"It kind of is, I don't want you talking to him; I don't trust him." Liam spoke calmy, unfazed by my growing anger.

"Since when do you have any say in what I do?"

Liam frowned and leaned against my desk. "I'm telling you, you're not allowed to talk to him."

"Go to hell." I growled getting up and going to walk past him.

He grabbed my arm, spinning me around and pulling me into him. My body pressed to his and our faces only inches apart, he rose his free hand to my face and I tensed up, thinking he was going to hit me. But, instead he stroked my cheek gently, taking me by complete and utter surprise. "Why do you hate me so much?" He muttered.

"Because, you're acting like a doushebag.." I told him, my breath hitched in my throat and my heart speeding up in my chest. Every touch felt like pure bliss and the venerability on his face made me want to kiss him. Given how close we were, any sudden movements could lead into a kiss accidental or on purpose.

Liam looked at me, his eyes locking on mine. "I'm not a doushe, I'm just trying to protect you..."

"From what?" I breathed.

He was silent for a moment, his eyes searching mine hungrily. Then his they dropped to the ground and he stood up, letting go of me. "From me." He said moving away from me.

I frowned, grabbing his arm. "I don't need to be protected, I'm a big girl. I can handle myself.." I told him.

Liam looked over his shoulder, his eyes locking on mine before dropping to the floor. He swallowed, his muscles tense. "Can I ask you something?" He asked, looking back at me.

"Sure.." I replied, loving how vulnerable he looked at the moment.

His lips parted just as the door opened and Lillian walked in, her bag slung over her shoulder and Chinese food in her hands. "I got chi-" she began, but saw Liam and me before she could even finish her sentence. Her eyes narrowed immediately, locking on mine, I knew what she was thinking, she didn't even have to say it. She thought I was the biggest idiot in the world, she thought I was falling deep into a hole I wouldn't be able to climb out of,

To be honest, I believed I was too but I couldn't help it. The way he was looking at me, and talking to me; it made me feel a sort of happiness as if he was finally letting me in. It could be a trick, a little warming to draw me closer to him so that he could break me. But, it felt so genuine and real, a person just couldn't fake something that soft unless they were a tremendous actor. He didn't look like the type to be an actor.

"Liam... Hi." Lillian greeted with an icy tone, placing the Chinese food on the table and dropping her bag on the floor. "Anyone want to explain?"

Liam turned from her and looked at me, his face set back to his usual expression. Any sort of vulnerability that I saw a while ago, was completely gone from view. "Actually," he said pulling his arm from my grip and picking up his bag off the ground. "I was just leaving."

Without another word or a single glance back at me, he walked to the door and left, letting it slam shut behind him. Lillian locked the door closed, then turned to me, her arms raised and her eyes wide. "What the fuck man?" She hissed. "I though we went over this, the dude is playing you. But, here you are alone in a room with him, do you know he's unstable, one thing could've ticked him off... You could've died!"

"Really Lil, I think you're over exaggerating." I muttered walking to the table and taking the food from the bag. "Your timing was perfect though, thanks. I thought I was really getting through with him."

Lillian came up and put her hands on the table, leaning towards me. "You've got to be kidding, one look and you're pudding in his hands. Wow, maybe you think this is a movie and he's your Prince Charming."

"Shut up, you know I don't believe in fairytales."

"No, but you want your life to be one right? Kay, this dude is not a nice guy. He's slept with so many and probably used the same tactic, I'm trying to keep you from getting hurt. I'm protecting you."

"Maybe I don't want to be protected Lillian," I snapped, turning to face her. "I'm not a little girl anymore, I can take care of myself. I know what I'm doing believe it or not, and you can't stop me from seeing him if I want."

She sat silent, looking at me as if I had to heads.

"Wow, it's either you're stupid or stupid."

"Whatever." I opened the boxes until I found mine, and took a fortune cookie. Walking back to my bed, I sat them on my bedside table and pulled my book bag up, taking my books out to do my homework and study.

"I wasn't trying to offend you, I'm just saying you have to be careful."

I didn't respond.

"Come on Kade, are you just gonna ignore me?"

I still didn't respond.

"Fine, whatever, two can play at that game." She said and grabbed her food before retreating to her bed.

A few hours later, Lillian and I were still in our room doing homework. The room was silent all but Lillian's music playing softly in the corner. The room smelled like Chinese food, literally the best smell ever. I was about done with my homework, being on my last assignment. I really wanted to finish them up today, so that this weekend I could focus on having some fun. I would probably go to the beach or something with Lillian, I might even call up Joshua and see if we could hang out or something.

Liam's words about Joshua replayed in my head, but I pushed them away, choosing to ignore them instead. Even though he was nice to me today; sort of, doesn't mean that he could tell me what do so all of a sudden. I was still my own person and if I wanted to hang out with Joshua, then I would. The same goes to Lillian and everyone else, if I want to spend time with Liam then I should be able too with no questions asked.

There was a soft knock at the door, Lillian got up and strolled towards it, opening it. I could see Macy and Isaac standing in the hall with big smiles on their faces. Macy gave Lillian a small kiss on the lips before coming into the dorm. I watched as Isaac and Lillian held a gave, then smiled at each other for a little before he stepped in. This small exchange was a usual thing, and to be honest it kind of made me a little suspicious. Do friends usually look at each other like that?

"Hey Kay." Macy said, skipping over to me and plopping down beside me on the bed. They'd gotten used to calling me Kay, while everyone else seemed to prefer Kade. I didn't mind though, any of those were fine. I was shocked at first though, nobody had ever thought to call me that before.

I smiled at her, I liked Macy. She was so sweet and flamboyant, but also very smart and sophisticated. I could easily see her as being a house mom, and Lillian being the enforcer father figure in a household. It was a cute thought. "Hey Mace." I replied.

"Will you be joining us on our little adventure to the extravagant Pasadena Museum of Art?" Isaac asked setting his umbrella on Lillian's desk.

"Actually I think I'll pass tonight."

Macy made a face. "But today's museum night, come on, you have to go. I heard that the prices are cheap today, and were even going out to eat after."

I rose a brow, "What restaurant?"

"McDonalds, but that's still good, right?" Macy said looking around for help.

Lillian chuckled. "Blah, I don't know why you like that place so much. It's so unhealthy."

She pouted. "I like their cheese burgers."

"I thought you're trying to go vegan."

"I cheat."

We laughed.

I shook my head. "I really need to finish up this assignment, I'll catch you guys next Friday for sure."

Macy sighed. "Pinky promise?" She asked holding up her thin perfectly manicured pinky.

I laughed and wrapped my pinky around hers. "I promise."

"You know breaking a pinky promise is bad luck." She added.

"I'm well aware." I rolled my eyes playfully.

Lillian put on her jacket and grabbed her umbrella. "Well, we better head out. I heard traffic is really bad."

"Same, I was just checking the traffic, it looks like everyone is out and about tonight." Isaac added his eyes glued to his phone.

"It is a Friday." I told him.

"But still, some people actually want to learn about art from the past, Leonardo Da Vinci and the Mona Lisa, the Virgin of the rocks.. I could go on really." He said.

Lillian sneered. "You're a museum on legs, come on before you bore her to death."

Isaac gave her a look, and waved to me before exiting. Macy smiled at me and took Lillian's hand. "Don't wait up, were gonna have a real party." Lillian said sarcastically before walking out and closing the door behind her.

I chuckled and looked back at my work, I'd only worked for a few minutes when my phone buzzed and a Harry's number popped up. 'Get dressed, were going out.'

________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the lateness guys, I completely forgot to update Saturday. I'm trying to get better, forgive me? ^.^

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

243K 4.6K 44
Jess McConnell is your average straight A student. Harry Styles is your typical bad boy. Will they fall for eachother? Or will something and someone...
630K 10.8K 69
Harry Styles is one of the students at Austin L High school , but he isn't like everyone else, he kind of runs the school, well he and his four mates...
4.8M 30.3K 62
Hailey Malik life seems great, living with One Direction and having Zayn Malik as an adopted brother. Even coming from an abusive childhood, she stan...
1D Da louis2004

Storie d'amore

1.3K 110 37
What happens when Emily a normal girl bullied bye Skyler bumps in to Louis Tomlinson and their friends meet. Will they fall in love or will everythi...