Knowing the Marauders

By silentbynature

Bex Dumbledore, the girl with power and many secrets returns for her sixth year at Hogwarts. But after things... More

Knowing the Marauders
Birthday Surprises
Talk To Me
In Charge Of A Magic School
Telling The Muggle Borns
The Start Of Term
It's All Up To The Students
I Hate You Sirius Black
Those Eyes
Sacrifices Must Be Made
Ravenclaw's Power
Amortentia
The Truth Hurts
Finding Family
The Angry Red-Head
They Know
Lily's Grudge
Blood Isn't Everything
Dramatic Train Rides
Teaching Trixie A Lesson
Time With Tom
Bickering Over Rosier
Shopping Adventures
Sirius' Secret
Sparks Fly
The Wrath of Mrs. Potter
Sleepy Surprises
Christmas Exhaustion
Crazy Mornings
New Girl
Bex Day
The Hospital Wing and Sudden Sicknesses
Late Night Visits
Miss. Popular
Attack Of The Bludgers
Love Confessions
Kidnapping Severus
Late Night Detention
The Bex Games
Apologies and Threats
Saving Lives
Speeches and Sandwiches
Fire Erupts and Sirius Worries
Regulus' Wish
Death Trap
The Dance
Habits
Once More
Rambling
The Speech
Potions With Peeves
The Power Of Bex
The Art Of Being Good
How They See It
Speaking Of James
Stupid And Sweet
Unlucky Spoon
Boggart Bonding
The After Math
Welcome
Betrayal
Mistrust
Re-Sort
Ozzy's Tricks
More Dramatic Rides
The Next Book!

The Late Practice

22.1K 978 505
By silentbynature

Chapter 30: The Late Practice
-Bex p.o.v.-

I was laughing with Regulus and Severus, we were waiting for Liam by the beech tree next to the lake. We had been there for thirty minutes already, we got a double break.

Liam popped up behind the tree, screaming, "boo!" I jumped in surprise and we all burst into laughter.

"You're the most terrifying thing ever, you little monster." I grinned, tickling his sides.

He giggled loudly, squirming away from me. He sat down next to Severus, "hi Severus, how are you?"

Severus chuckled, "I'm doing pretty well, and how about yourself?"

"I'm great!" Then Liam went into this long speech, talking about how fantastic his break was. He moved his arms around animatedly, talking with large, excited eyes.

I watched him with a small smile on my lips, taking in his changes. His brown hair looked to be getting lighter and lighter as the days went by. And his cute boyish looks were slowly starting to disappear, he was going to be going through puberty soon, and the effects were already starting to talk place.

Every once in a while, his voice would break, and he had started to gain a bit more weight. He was filling out.

Liam was in the middle of explaining how his baby sister spoke her first words, when we were interrupted. "Aye! Dumbledore, practice is right after your afternoon class ends. Don't be late." James informed as he walked past our group, the others following him.

"I'll try not to be," I rolled my eyes, "and just so you know, that means I'll probably be late."

James sighed, continuing on his way. They went and sat on the opposite side of the lake, I noticed that they kept looking over at us.

I was sitting next to Regulus and we were looking at the frozen lake, discussing what would happen if one of us decided to go for a swim.

I giggled, "Reggie, I think you'll fall through and die of frostbite of something."

He chuckled along with me. "Not if you come swim with me," he smirked. "So how about it? Fancy a swim?"

I shook my head giggling, "no way! Maybe we could later tonight, after I tell you guys about my visit."

He agreed and we continued to talk. Lunch was spent with the boys at the Slytherin table, much like how I spent every other meal. We caused quite the ruckus with our argument on food.

And soon enough, I had to go to Quidditch practice. I walked into the empty pitch, my practice clothes on and broomstick over my shoulder and beaters bat in my other hand.

No one was there, not a living soul. Not even a ghost. I was alone. I dropped my things and plopped down in the snow next to it. I sat there for twenty minutes before they finally decided to show up.

"Thanks for coming to practice," I glared at James. "You left me out here for twenty minutes before you decide it's time for practice. Weren't you the one that told me not to be late?"

James rolled his eyes, "I had to do something important, I'm here now. So let's practice."

"No, I'm done. I've been out here for twenty minutes, what was so important that you had to blow me off when you specifically told me to be here on time. I come on time, not a minute late. But you, the captain, came twenty minute late to your own practice."

"I was talking with the headmaster," James glared, "if you must know."

I scoffed, "so now my dad is calling you out of class to go talk. Let me guess, he gave you his little speech about how love is the most powerful magic. He told you some little tale about a man who died from being alone. He told you to fix things with me, because I need love. Is that how things went?"

He opened his mouth to speak but closed it quickly.

"I know my father like the back of my hand, Potter. Don't try to trick me into a friendship with you. Because every time that happens, you and your friends do something to ruin it." I grabbed my broom and bat, "just let it go, Potter. We may be cousins but we aren't friends." I turned to leave the pitch.

"Dumbledore!" James called after me, "if you leave you're off the team!"

I turned to face him, still walking backwards, "really Potter? Is that a promise?" I smirked, "your threatening won't work on me, especially since I didn't even want to be on the team. You begged me to join, so go ahead, kick me off."

He grimaced, "just get in the air and I'll let you lob bludgers all you want during practice." He sighed, rubbing his temples.

New girl, who was standing behind James, right next to Sirius, spoke up quietly. "Is that safe?"

Sirius turned to answer her, "nope. Not even in the slightest bit."

I smirked, "watch your back, new girl, Potter just signed you up for a visit to the hospital wing."

"Alright, that's enough, she's your team mate. Be nice and stop threatening her, she does have a name, you know." James glared.

I shrugged, "I know she has a name, doesn't mean I care enough to learn it. Seems pretty tiring to remember a new name, I'll stick with new girl. And they aren't threats if I plan to fulfill them." I gave a wicked smirk, mischief gleaming in my eyes.

"Sorry I'm late, James," someone new joined us on the field, "McGonagall had me stay after with her for thirty minutes because I caused some troubles during class."

I grinned, facing Cai as she ran onto the pitch. She was breathing heavily, doubled over from her run over here.

"It's okay, Hunter, we were just about to start." James nodded to the girl, he spoke in an authoritative voice, calling her by her surname.

Cai Hunter was a girl I had known for years. Of course we never talked to each other that much, we were still somewhat friends. And she was pretty cool to be around. We didn't really have to talk, more of just a silent friend that didn't feel the need to explain herself or her intentions, she was basically her own person. She didn't let anyone tell her what to do or influence her decision. That was why we got along. That and her ability to allow people to be themselves. She didn't ever question someone, just let them be.

"Hey Cai, guess what Potter's letting me do," I smirked.

Her face became horrified, "James, you aren't letting her have free reign again, are you? Last time that happened the pitch was destroyed! We had to spend twenty minutes repairing everything!" Her French accent was more prominent when she got worked up, which was very rare. She too was expelled from Beauxbaton's. Only a year after me.

I grinned, "yup."

She sighed, "let's get this over with."

We headed for the locker room, where Max, our other chaser was waiting. He was already dressed, like me. Max was the silent and strong type, until it came to Quidditch. Then he was loud and demanding. He was a nice guy, we were on first name basis.

"Hey Max, how're you?" I questioned, sitting on the bench by him.

He opened his mouth to speak, but James interrupted. "Dumbledore, take Thirwall back to get a locker."

"Who is Thirwall and why do I have to do it? Do it yourself." I spoke defiantly, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Callie Thirwall is your new team mate," he gestured to new girl. "Take her to get her locker, I'm not going back there with Hunter dressing. Last time that happened I got a giant bruise on my head from her throwing a brush at me."

I rolled my eyes, "whatever." I started off to the far end of the locker room. The locker room was split into three parts. The entrance, where we sat to discuss plays and whatnot. The left side which was the where the girls changed. And the right side where the guys dressed.

I didn't look back to see if she was following me, I pushed the door open and entered, hopefully she was smart enough to follow. Sure enough, she was right behind me, when I stopped in front of a locker, far from mine, she bumped into me. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean-"

I cut her off with a look. "Okay let's get one thing straight, new girl. Leave me alone and I'll leave you alone. Only speak to me if it is absolutely, one hundred and fifty percent necessary. I don't want you near me, I don't want you looking at me, I don't want you thinking of me. Got it?"

She was quiet for a second, looking at me to see if I was serious. She finally nodded, "okay."

"Good, now this is your locker." I hit the metal door with my fist, "your uniform will be in there, along with pads for game day. You don't need those for practice, but you might want to put them on today. Today is my day."

She looked confused, "your day?" She asked softly, "what does that-" she stopped suddenly after realizing that I wasn't listening to her.

Cai, who had been watching the entire scene with amusement came to the girl. "Don't take it personal. She's like that with everyone."

"What did she mean by it being her day?" New girl asked.

"Today is the day that James let's her go all out. She can hit the bludgers as hard as she wants at anyone she wants. So watch your back. You don't just have quaffles coming for you, you have bludgers as well." Cai explained, helping her with the straps of her shoulder pads.

"But why would-?"

"James let her go?" Cai raised an eyebrow, "he thinks it'll make you better, you don't put down your guard. If you can survive Bex hitting you with bludgers, everyone else is a piece of cake." She smirked, glancing at me from where I sat on the bench, watching unamused. "As much as she hates it, Bex is the best beater Hogwarts has seen in along time. She's better than most professionals. And that's when she doesn't play her hardest. Imagine her playing to her fullest ability."

"So why does she hate me?" The new girl glanced at me before quickly looking away.

"Ignore it, she's just trying to get under your skin. She acts that way towards everyone who gets in her way. Don't let it bother you and she'll leave you alone. She's just trying to get a reaction, she's trying to mess with your mind. And by acting the way you are, letting her, it's making her hate you more. She wants someone to fight back, to push her back; not just let her walk all over them." Cai chuckled, "it'll get better, you'll get used to her attitude. And she'll get used to you, eventually you won't be new anymore and she'll lose interest."

The new girl nodded, "alright."

"Come on, time for practice. Word of advice: jut because she is focusing on something else, that doesn't mean she can't hit a bludger your way at the same time."

"What?" New girl asked in confusion.

"She can hit a bludger and knock someone off their broom without even looking. She can play a game of Quidditch perfectly with her eyes closed. She never misses." Cai smirked at the scared look in the new girls eyes. "Always pay attention. Because if you aren't, she is. Just be lucky she's on your team and James only let's these things happen once every two weeks. It's enough time to heal before the next Bex day."

I stood, following as Cai lead new girl out of the locker room and to the field. I smirked, "let the games begin."

-------------------
So I have another snow day! :) what do you guys think? Your starting to learn a little more about Callie and Cai has been introduced!
Comment, vote, share, fan and follow! Thanks guys!

Cai Hunter is the original character of @Writer_in_the_Dark she's an amazing writer and you guys should really check out her profile! She has stories about Cai, the real Cai. The Cai I'm writing is basically my own version of her Cai based off of the things she listed for me. Thanks!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

448K 10.8K 53
(Re-editing) It's clear that Severus Snape has never been great friends with the chaotic group known as the marauders but when his twin sister must b...
581K 27.6K 35
Bex Dumbledore, back again for another year at Hogwarts is faced with many challenges. Juggling a relationship, N.E.W.T.s, friends, as well as new po...
315 1 25
Lily Evans gets a second change in life to change her past and therefor the future of all those around her. The 22-year year old woman trapped in the...
269K 7.1K 28
*This book was written years ago when I was young and inexperienced. It will be really cringey at times so read at your own risk. I DO NOT support JK...