Enemies with Benefits: Freshm...

By Wolfgirl54

My freshman year may have not been a Happily Ever After, but it was sure pretty damn close. This is the third... More

Enemies with Benefits: Freshman in Training
Step 1: You Stress About Past Problems
Step 2: Know That Highlighters Cannot Open Lockers
Step 3: Know You're Not So Different From Each Other
Step 4: Seating Arrangements Are A Bitch
Step 5: Partnered Projects
Step 6: You'll Make an Ass of Yourself.
Step 7: I Want Crazy...
Step 8: Know Thy Enemy
Step 9: Vague Date Suggestions and Broken Promises
Step 10: French Vanilla Iced Coffee
Step 11: "He Gets Happy Around You"
Step 12: Call Me, Miss Movin' On
Step 13: Don't Fall For His Best Friend... Seriously Don't.
Step 14: My Knight Can't Do Cartwheels
Step 15: I'm Not the Only One That's Broken
Step 16: Leaving?
Step 17: Cheater, Cheater
Step 18: Apple Ate My Apple...
Step 19: Purge Masks & Snapchats
Step 20: You Won't Know Him Anymore... I Just Don't...
Step 21: When One Boy Likes a Girl, They All Start To Like Her.
Step 22: Popular Girl Mafia
Step 24: Red
Step 25: Rejection at its Finest
Step 23: Right Now
Step 26: Sparks Fly
Step 27: "Did he just flirt with me?"
Step 28: Don't Give In
Step 29: Detention with Dylan?
Step 30 Part 2: My Own Point of View
Step 31: Kevin's Big Hands Have Nothing On Me.
Step 32: University of Confusing Boys
Step 33: Accidental Boners?
Step 34: Deals with an Unconvincing Devil
Step 35: Follow GirlCode.
Step 36: Mind Over Matter.
Step 37: Truth Comes Out
Step 38: Confiding in Dylan...
Step 39: Saying Goodbye?
Step 40: Closure.

Step 30: Here We Go... Again.

1.2K 26 9
By Wolfgirl54

Calling all the people in Team Dylan and Team Kevin!

2-4-14

"Then we'll have a test on Friday." Our subsitute explained.

I raised my hand. "We don't have school friday."

"Oh right." He thought.

Mr. Main was out, he got hurt in wood shop, almost died.

"Oh come on Selena!" "Thanks a lot Selena." "Gee thanks Selena." "Way to go Selena!" "Really Selena?!"

Gee thanks guys I can see you guys are so respectful to the sub. These people included Dylan and Kevin who was giving me a really dirty look. Rude!

* * *

Rethinking what happened last hour made me blush.

I was in english and I had had my hand up for at least ten minutes. Then the teacher has the nerve to say, "Kevin because he's had his hand up the longest." I scoffed the loudest I ever had without even meaning to.

"It's okay Selena just let your man go first." Heather teased. I glared at her. "I hate you."

She just laughed.

I sat in math, flipping through my papers. So far so good.

Kevin was making his way near to grab a book.

But instead, he halted at my spot and put a hand down on my papers.

I looked up at him and clenched my jaw.

He wasn't seriously about to start a new fight with me.

Right before I said, "What do you want? To pick another fight, because I'm not in the mood for it."

He said, "Selena. I'm sorry for being so mean to you," He had a look on his face which was his version of the puppy dog eyes. "and I'm appologizing."

I heard aweing beind me.

I was literally dumbfounded. Was this life? Was I daydreaming? What?

He stuck his hand out.

I couldn't say anything because so many thoughts were running through my mind.

I took his hand and he smiled a weird smile that he had had on and walked away.

Did I metioned that it bothered me that when we shook hands I felt nothing? Yet he can simply put his hand on my arm and it can sent all the heat in my body there.

So it was a bit of a dissappointment.

"I can't believe that happened." I shook my head.

"Dude you know, you guys are actually kind of cute." Lauren smiled.

"What?" I laughed.

"Yeah. Like now that I look at it you guys kinda are. I can like see you two getting together in the future." She looked between us both multiple times.

"Seriously?" I would be lying if I said I wasn't fighting the smile on my face.

"Yeah. Like you guys would be cute. Like don't you think he's cute?" She asked.

"His personality outweighs his looks." I retorted.

This sent her and our other partner Kenna laughing. Lauren and Kenna were actually not bad girls. They were really funny and nice.

"He is hot I mean, damn." Kenna agreed.

"But dude don't you think he's hot?" Lauren asked me.

"I guess." I shrugged.

"Don't you think they'd be cute together?" Lauren asked Kenna.

"Yeah. Totally. But he'd be cuter with me." She laughed.

"What about Luke Brian?" I teased. "He's married." She shooed me off.

I laughed.

Yeah so Lauren has no idea what our story is but she ships us. That's the best thing ever. It gives me a little hope.

* * *

Later in math I started arguing about Taylor Swift with Dylan. He says she sucks and never writes happy songs. He obviously hasn't heard much Taylor Swift. 95% of her songs are happy. Even the break-up songs are happy and everyone knows it!

But on the bright side I learned that Dylan likes country. We'll get along well.

But I was at lunch now.

"So what happened?" I asked Alle. She said she had to tell me something.

:"Okay so when you went to the bathroom (in Science) Hondo, like after you left, was like "Dude Kevin's all mean to Selena. I can't believe she's even remotely friends with him. And I'm like "Yeah he's really mean to her." and he's like "Yeah" and that was the end of the conversation."

Wow. Maybe I'm just trying to map this out but, what if Kevin heard Hondo, thought it over what he would say in English due to what happened in english, then appologized in math?

Holy shit.

"I can totally see them getting married and fighting 24/7." Mia laughed.

I wanted to roll my eyes. She knew nothing.

"Yeah they'd be fighting one minute and making up the next." Alle agreed.

I can admit I can see that but- just not with us. But I can see it.

"You know I can't remember the last time he's appologized. I don't think he's ever appologized to me!" I gasped.

I tried mentally re-reading my books and I really can't remember a time when he did appologize for being so cruel.

"What if he did that to ask you to winterball?" Alle piped up.

I dropped my fork.

"That'd be insane."

"If he did ask you, what would you say?" Alle asked.

"I don't know." I answered honestly.

"Like you'd want to say yes because he's him but he's so mean that you'd say no."

"Basically." I sipped my milk. This is so difficult. I feel very stressed, and for once it's not just about school.

* * *

I also told Sarah about the situation.

"It's Kevin. Since when does he appologize? To anyone? You both love reading books and insulting each other. A teacher said ou guys were gonna get married. And Kevin teases you. I call it flirting. Ask anyone."

When I proceeded fighting with her about Kevin and I's future in too many messages to retype, she she sent me a book that consisted of 2000 characters,

Thanks Sarah for making me type this by the way.

"Kevin is sweet to you. When is he ever sweet to anyone? And have you read most books where enemies fall in love? And what if he likes you, because you're different? [I explained how all of his ex's are blonde hair blue eyed] What if YOU are the one he likes, and you don't even know it. HAVE YOU LISTENED TO THE SONG SAY SOMETHING? He's waiting for her to say something and so is she. Then they both move on never knowing if they are meant to be. My point is, say something. What if he's giving up on you because you're giving up on him? You'll never know if you never ask. He noticed that you were ignoring him? He was paying attention to you, he APOLOGIZED because he felt bad for hurting you. He does care. I know it.IM NOT GIVING UP ON YOU TWO"

You could say I stayed up thinking a lot that night...

2-5-14

'So I'm gunna pull a Niall here and say I have the best fans in t world!!! I seriously do though I love them' I tweeted, in honor of you guys.

"Your famous?!" Dylan tweeted.

Refraining to correct his spelling, I tweeted "Depending on how you look at it, kinda yeah.

"How?"

Here's where Makayla had to ruin the moment. "Maybe she means like the fans that cool you down." To which I corrected her by saying, "haha nice guess but no the real human kind"

Then I explained to Dylan. "I write stories and yeah It's kinda hard to explain but ther's like fans of me and they like interact with me and yeah." "Did that help explain some? I kinda sucked at explainiing it..."

"Yea lol!"

"Okay good (: haha"

2-6-14

Dylan, Jonathan, and Austin sat behind me and Alle at Tiger Fest.

My back was killing me due to their long legs.

"Hey you're famous!" Dylan said to me once he saw me.

I nodded.

He gave me, honestly, one of the cutest smiles I had seen in a long time. I smiled brightly back, his blue eyes almost had me in a trance.

Alle called us out of our staring moment but his smile was adorable.

"Yeah I didn't reply to what Makayla said. I thought that was kind of rude so..." Dylan told me.

"Yeah it was fine I just told her like no they're real people."

We laughed.

That's kinda cool that Dylan takes interest in my writing as well. Gosh I really need to write a story for the school to see because I swear they won't leave me alone until I write them something.

2-11-14

"I'm too nice of a person." I whimpered as I watched the boy in front of me.

"Why?"

"I don't know if I should ask him to join us?" I whispered, gesturing to Kevin.

She shrugged. I had an internal fight with myself whether it not to talk to him. If I don't I can leave our last conversation as his apology which casually marks my calendar as one of the most shocking/strangely intriguing days of my life. Or if I talk to him it might either erase it draw our awkward bounder.

I decided to grow a pair and ask. "Hey Kevin."

He didn't turn. "Kevin! Hey Kevin." I was starting to get irritated until he turned around. "You can work with us if you'd like." I suggested.

For a second it looked like he was about to smile and take my offer. Instead he turned around, fidgeting with his things. Okay maybe he's coming over? My thoughts were crashed and burned when he started writing again.

Did this asshole just really- deep breath.

"Kevin." I whispered again. In a way I felt like a clingy girlfriend. But I just didn't want him alone it broke my heart! Dylan and himself were obviously pissed at each other and Adan is defiantly siding with Dylan.

A part of me -the part that has read one too many fanfictions- wondered if I said anything about Dylan to him if it would flip his switch. I'd love that.

"No he's sitting with us." Jake butted in.

I have him my best 'what-the-f*ck-dude' face. "There's not even any room Jake." Kevin told him.

Oh so you can reply to Jake but not me?! Asshole!

"Yeah look." Jake moved over his and Hondo's desk to make room for Kevin's chair.

I don't know whether to me mad at Kevin for just ignoring my nice gesture or be mad at Jake for not letting me join his group earlier -which I politely asked- and denied. I'm way smarter than Kevin!

I scoffed to Alle and probably didn't let it go all hour.

I scoffed and grumbled that I was trying to be nice and care for the guy who was sitting alone like a lost puppy. I wanted to take Sarah's advice. I wanted to say something and make sure he was alright, even if he is a major ass.

***

It's now or never.

I didn't grab his arm just to let you know, I touched it, haulting him.

"Hey, what's the matter?"

Okay I so didn't mean for that to come out as 'I care for you' but it did.

"Nothing I'm fine." He walked past me. I scoffed. I know I should let it go but I just can't.

I walked around the room to the bookshelf also by his seat.

"Well then why did you just ignore me and Alle?" I asked, pulling my binder off the shelf.

"I wasn't I was just- nothing." He struggled to give an explanation then walked off.

Well fuck you Kevin Brooks! I'm done! I tried to be nice! The last thing you said to me was I'm sorry for being mean now this?!

Screw this. Screw him. In fact, he can screw himself.

"I didn't even want him to work with me and Jake." Hondo confessed in the library. "I know! And I don't know I just wanted to be nice you know? That backfired." I pushed my hair back.

***

"Remember you have to draw a Greek God or Goddess for next week."

The whole class groaned. She is very forgetful and forgets she doesn't tell us our assignments.

"Can we pay someone to do it?" Dylan asked, slinging his backpack over his shoulders. "Because if so I call Selena."

"Awe." I smiled. After I said it, I regretted it. Tate was right there! She could have heard me! She probably heard both of us! But I am flattered Dylan would ask me to do it. That's cute.

***

"There are kids in honors who didn't do book reports?!" Heather gasped. I was shocked too until I remembered at least two people who wouldn't do theirs in honors for sure.

"I can think of two." "Probably Dylan."

I looked at Tate, giving a questioning look. "Yeah Dylan wasn't here yesterday. Probably because he didn't do his book report." Tate said.

"Actually he was sick." I clarified before turning around. Then it hit me. Kiss if death. I just basically said I was talking to Dylan because I said that. Oh god. Selena you are an idiot!

I glanced back at Tate who was giving a look to Sofia.

I glanced away and back again at Tate. Her face was red and her eyes looked glossy.

She wasn't like crying because I said that? I heard Dylan tell the teacher that he was at home in the library.

"Where were you?"

"At home?"

"Doing what?"

"Sick." This caused me to laugh, "Doing sick." Dylan joined and found my humor funny as well.

I literally just planted myself a death wish.

*  *  *

At home I didn't get science so I snapchatted Jacob and Dylan from class. (I was not taking a chance on Kevin)

"Did you get science?" I asked Dylan

"No" he answered two hours later, snaping a picture of his posterboard.

"Good I'm not alone" "was that your book report? sorry for all the questions" I asked.

"You're fine. and yeah."  "just got my book today"

I laughed. Leave it to Dylan to do things at the last minute.

"Oh my gosh well better late than never" "whats it about  if yuo don't mind me asking"

"Right!" "the oregon trail" Oregon trail!! Sick!

"I love oregon! I want to live there hopefully"

"Me too!" He snapped a selfie that was like whoa-that's-crazy! "almost there" he sent a picture of his book report.

"That's ironic yet awesome!" "good job mine took two days"

Wow we've been talking 25 minutes straight...

"Yeah I'm a last minute guy."

"I'm a procrastinator."

"If that was a grade I'd have an A+ and be passing."

"You're not passing?"

"I am now." He smirked. Gosh his smirk is really cute.

"Hey so what's up with all the coaches?" Our coaches -most of them- weren't certified and getting fired.

"They're trying to find new ones."

He then sent me a picture of his finished book report with a piece sign.

"I'll give you props that's badass for one night"

"Right!! Does it need reviews and stuff?" he asked.

"Critiques' reviews and actors"

Need I remind you I took 2-5 minutes for every reply, perfecting my selfie and what to say. Don't judge me because I'm a girl and you do it too.

In between snapchats with Dylan, I was wattpad messaging Sarah.

After that, Dylan took a long time to reply so I went to bed.

2-12-14

I got up and saw Dylan snapchatted me.

"Wanna help me with that?"

Damn! Shouldn't have went to bed! Dylan wanted me- Selena Brians!- to help him with his book report! God I wish I didn't go to bed.

I still snapped "Sure if you want me to help."

Once I sent it, I regretted not saying good morning and appologizing for just going to sleep! God Selena you're so native sometimes!

*  *  *

"We're drawing our Greek gods or goddesses today!" My teacher announced.

"Can we still pay someone to do ours? Because if so I call Selena." Dylan said to her.

I smiled widely, careful not to awe.

"No she's mine." Adan joked.

"No dude she's mine." Dylan shook his head.

"Actually she's mine." Bella joked.

"No she's mine i'll fight you for her." Dylan laughed. "No she's doing mine!" Damien jumped in. Well geez!

"No I'll pay her dude I'll pay her." Dylan laughed and sat down. I would really do his but we can't and that might be weird.

But that was kinda cute especially because Tate is right there.

*  *  *

"Dylan's coming into speech to do his book report so get ready." Ms. McComb said before picking up the phone to call Dylan's teacher.

I leaned my head back.

When I saw Tate lean over me with an open marker, I snapped my head up, .003 seconds before she put a dot on my head.

"Dude!" I screeched.

"What?"

"You almost put a dot on my head! Is anything there?" I asked Bella and Heather.

Why would she want to put a dot on my head I mean it would make me look so stupid! Oh- she was jealous! Are you kidding me?!

The 'Tate' was jealous of me because of Dylan? Wow.

Dylan came back and sat in the back with Jonathan while Bella did her book report.

Then it was Dylan's turn.

"Dude sit up straight your back is bugging me." Bella said.

I resisted to glare I really did.

He played it off by saying, "That's how you stood."

She shrugged.

"So my project is on the Oregon Trail. It goes from like the East and up this way." He laughed.

Come on Dylan. Have enough common sense that you at least rehearsed this at home.

He started reading one of his captions. Then Bella had the nerve to laugh out loud with Tate!

Oh come on that's messed up.

Dylan tried not to notice them, but he was getting irritated. Especially at the fact that the teacher called them out.

After some not promising words from Dylan, the teacher asked him, "Did you even read the book?"

"I skimmed it." He practically smirked. At least he's honest. Plus he did get the book last night.

"Right. Thought so. Critique views and actors?" "Don't have them." He said.

"I told you." I whispered, due to the fact Tate was only less than 3 feet away.

He smiled at me slightly and said, "I know you did."

"Right. Now can you tell us your 9 facts? But don't read them." Hmm... she let me read my captions.

Tate and Bella giggled again. I could see him definently getting pissed now.

"I can't do that." He exhaled though his nose in annoyance.

"You have to tell us something."

He sighed and started reading his caption, straight off the poster. "No reading." She said.

"Then I can't do this."

"Alright." He pulled down the poster, tossed it on a spare desk, and stormed out.

Bella and Tate were laughing still.

"You know you did that right?" the teacher looks at Bella and Tate.

"What?"

"You did that. You made him storm out. He didn't even want to do his book report to get rid of you two."

"Ms, we weren't even laughing at him!" Bella said, trying to sober up.

"But he doesn't know that. That was rude."

I turned. "That was kinda rude of you guys."

"Fool he's stupid. We weren't even laughing at him!" Bella claimed.

"But he doesn't know that Bella. You made him mad." "It was pretty rude." Heather agreed with me.

"I don't care I don't even like him anyways."

Times like this it is perfectly okay to call Bella a heartless bitch.

All I wanted to do right now is ask if Dylan was okay...

Which I did an hour later.

While trying not to fall down the stairs, I sent Dylan a snapchat saying, "Hey... you okay?"

He didn't reply for hours. But they had a game about two hours away for basketball.

When he did, it was five hours later.

'just really irritated' he said.

after like five minutes of debating what to say, I said: 'sorry. it was kind of rude of them'

"'im just tired of shit like that. i prolly fail'

I really felt bad for the guy. He failed his book report -which he was destened to anyways- because his ex girlfriend and Bella couldn't stop laughing and being rude.

'im sure you didn't fail. mccomb knew you were pissed when you left.' I told him.

'good' 'thanks for checking on me' I smiled. He was grateful.

'you're welcome it just kinda made me mad...'

'why'

I wanted to bang my head on a table. DON'T ASK WHY IT'S BECAUSE IT WAS RUDE OKAY?!

'because it was rude and they didn't care' Good enough.

'Ok. ill snap you when i get home' I almost died. He wants to talk to me when he gets home!  

'alright'

Since It was 11 on a school night, I actually didn't wait for him, I went to bed.

To be continued...

~~~~~

Which team are you on??

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

876 94 44
We all grew up ready books where the innocent sweet naive girl falls for the troubled boy with a dark a dark past. We grew up rooting for the girl to...
40.5K 2K 38
It's always easier to envision your forever based on the present. For Claire the future couldn't possibly go wrong, that was until she had began...
18K 647 23
Lexi was once young, innocent, and perfect. She had the picture-perfect life and family to fit in with it all. She believed all those fairy tales he...
162 14 22
PUBLISHED SINCE DECEMBER 2014. AVAILABLE NOW ON AMAZON, BARNES&NOBLES, AND XLIBRIS. XOXO <3 Nicole was one of those perfect students, with an impecc...