The Long Game To Reach Someda...

By the_adhd_gryffindor

Takes place after ski lodge part 2. This will follow Josh and Maya through the next few years until their som... More

Chapter 1: After the Ski Lodge
Chapter 2: Thanksgiving
Chapter 3: Christmas
Chapter 4: New Years Eve part 1
Chapter 5: New Years Eve part 2
Chapter 6: Maya's Sweet 16
Chapter 7: The Official Rules of the Long Game
Chapter 8: Three Encounters in Six Weeks
Chapter 9: First Date
Chapter 10: Maya + Josh + paint = UH OH!
Chapter 11: Homecoming
Chapter 12: How Josh and Maya met
Chapter 13: Road Trip to Philadelphia
Chapter 14: Riley's 16th Birthday Fiasco
Chapter 15: Joshaya Meets No Supervision
Chapter 16: Christmas Prank
Chapter 17: Conversations are the most important part of any relationship
Chapter 18: Maya meets driving lessons... from Boing?
Why I ship Joshaya (MAJOR rant)
Chapter 19: Junior Prom
Chapter 20: Deja Vu & Josh tells Maya about his birth
Chapter 21: The Big 18
Chapter 23: Josh's 21st Birthday
Chapter 24: Senior Prom
Chapter 25: First Time (SMUT)
Authors Note
Im back! Well kinda...

Chapter 22: New Apartment

2.7K 52 36
By the_adhd_gryffindor

Day after Maya's birthday, Josh and Maya are going to paint Josh's (and eventually Maya's) apartment. Warning: it gets a bit steamy later on (make out and remember in chapter 14 when Maya figured out that Josh gets turned on when his hair is tugged on? Yeah Josh figures out what can turn her on)

Maya: *wakes up at 7 and remembers she has to meet Josh at 9* I can't believe he got a new apartment and wants me to move in when someday comes *gets out of bed and gets dressed*
Katy: *knocks on her bedroom door* Maya are you awake?
Maya: *smiles and opens the door* yup mom! I'm helping Josh paint today.
Shawn: I hope it goes better than the last time *laughs*
Maya: you weren't there. How'd you know? *laughs*
Shawn: Cory told me you two came to his door covered head to toe in paint *smirks*
Maya: well Josh started it *laughs* I gotta go or else he's going to waste all the paint. Bye! Love you! *leaves the apartment and heads to the subway*

Meanwhile with Riley
Riley: *eating breakfast with her parents and Auggie and her phone beeps* I wonder who is texting me. Maya is going to be painting with Uncle Josh *looks at her phone* it's Josh *laughs*
Cory: what did he say? *smiles*
Riley: he wants to know if it would be a good idea to paint the bathroom with polka dots *laughs* he's at the paint store right now getting the paint and then he'll meet Maya at the apartment.
Topanga: who puts polka dots in a bathroom? No tell him to pick another color for the bathroom. Maybe a teal or light blue. No dots! *laughs*
Auggie: how long do you think it'll take them to paint?
Cory: well what Maya doesn't know is that the apartment may be next to Josh's old one but it's bigger. So it'll probably take them all day *smiles*
Riley: how much bigger? *looks at him curiously*
Topanga: big enough to have a bay window. Josh knew you and Maya would need a bay window. He made sure it had one *smiles*
Riley: *tears up* he did that for us?
Cory: he did. He loves you both. He knows your bond is sacred and won't break anytime soon. He wants you to be comfortable over there too. Maya isn't living there yet but he knows you both will be there a lot.
Riley: *smiles* he's the best uncle ever. Does Maya know about the bay window?
Topanga: nope. He told us that he wanted to surprise her.

With Josh and Maya
Maya: *pulls out her phone and texts Josh: I'm outside. Should I use my key to get in?*
Josh: *smiles as he sees her text and responds: yeah get used to using that key gorgeous*
Maya: *uses her new key to unlock the door and opens it* Josh? You here?
Josh: *laughs* yeah I'm here. Follow the sound of my voice. I have a surprise for you.
Maya: *follows the sound of his voice and when she finds him in a bedroom she lets out a gasp* you didn't! *smiles*
Josh: *smiles* yeah I did. I made sure there's a bay window. Surprise!
Maya: *shrieks and jumps on him hugging him* thank you thank you thank you!!!

Josh: *hugs her back* do you notice anything else beautiful?
Maya: *looks at the bay window and smiles* it's exactly like Riley's.
Josh: I want you to know that Riley is always welcome here. I want you both to be comfortable here. I don't want you to feel like you can't have Riley over all the time. Go explore the place *smiles*
Maya: *kisses his cheek and gets up to look around the apartment* you already got furniture?
Josh: I've been planning this for months. We just need to paint one room and the adjoining bathroom. Everything else can be painted in the future.
Maya: which room are we painting? *smiles as she looks around*
Josh: our bedroom *smiles*
Maya: you said our. But it's your room until I move in *smiles at him*
Josh: it'll always be our room gorgeous *hugs her from behind*
Maya: so this isn't our bedroom? *looks at the bay window*
Josh: no. It's Riley and your room for when she spends the night and you will obviously be with her the whole time. Like I said, I want you both to be comfortable here *bites his lip* I had Cory and Topanga help me make it look exactly like Riley's room so that you two are the most comfortable.
Maya: *hugs him tight* I love you Boing. Thank you *kisses him*
Josh: *kisses her back* I love you too ferret. Ready to see our room? I think you'll like the paint color but if not we can go get another color.
Maya: I wanna see it *smiles as Josh leads her to another bigger bedroom*
Josh: I know we won't be sharing this room immediately but it's ours *smiles as she takes in the whole room*

Maya: *looks at the bed* a circular bed Josh? Really?  What if I roll off the bed? *looks at him skeptically*
Josh: you won't fall Maya *smiles* you'll be in my arms making it impossible to fall off the bed.
Maya: I guess I have to admit the bed looks really cool. And I love the pillow color *smiles*
Josh: what do you think of a grey color for the walls? You can paint a mural on it if you want.
Maya: I like that. I don't think I'll paint a mural today but maybe one day I will. Any other rooms we are painting?
Josh: *smiles* first you have to see the closet space.
Maya: *shakes her head at his antics* it's just a closet Josh *opens the closet door* holy crap. You just keep surprising me Josh.

Josh: *laughs* I love surprising you Maya. Do you like?
Maya: I love everything. But why didn't you tell me this apartment is so huge? The rent must be so much *looks at him*
Josh: hey no don't go worrying about the rent. I wouldn't get this apartment if I didn't think we could do it. Right now let's worry about showing you our bathroom *smiles*
Maya: *walks into the bathroom* holy crap Josh!!! This is massive! *jaw drops*

Josh: I'm glad you like everything *smiles*
Maya: *looks at the sinks* I get my own sink?
Josh: well would you rather have us practically on top of each other trying to use one sink? *raises his eyebrow at her*
Maya: point taken *smirks* though there are other scenarios where it's appropriate for us to be on top of each other *winks at him*
Josh: *blushes at what she's referring to* you literally just turned 18 yesterday.
Maya: *laughs at how red he got* easy Josh I'm just teasing you *kisses his cheek* can we see the kitchen and living room and the other bathroom?
Josh: of course *smiles* I'm glad I did this. I'm glad you're going to move in with me.
Maya: why can't I just move in now? *looks at the bedroom again longing to just live here*
Josh: honestly that was my plan. But Shawn wouldn't have it. The only way I could convince him to let you move in was for me to wait until you graduated and someday comes *whispers in her ear* but that doesn't mean you can't come over every day
Maya: I plan on it boing *smirks* you gave me a key and I am going to use it.
Josh: *leads her to the kitchen* I can't wait to cook you many meals in this kitchen. I love to cook and there were two things that were a must have: a bay window and a great kitchen.

Maya: I didn't know you like to cook *smiles*
Josh: you know those Christmas cookies my parents would bring every year?
Maya: *smiles* I loved those cookies. They were one of the things I looked forward to.
Josh: I baked them *smiles*
Maya: *looks at him shocked* the cookies that I would think about for weeks leading up to Christmas were baked by the guy I fell in love with? You're kidding.
Josh: I'm not. I would bake them every year but I didn't want everyone to know. I was young and thought cooking would make me look weak in front of people so not many know. But now I love to cook and I'm not afraid to show you my skills.
Maya: I have a feeling I'm going to be very well fed *smiles* this kitchen is gorgeous. I love the island and how we can just sit there and eat.
Josh: trust me I will make sure you're well fed *kisses her cheek* I'm sure there will be plenty of breakfasts in bed.
Maya: you're already spoiling me and I haven't even moved in *wraps her arms around his neck* I don't deserve you at all Josh
Josh: *wraps his arms around her waist* I'm the one who doesn't deserve you Maya. You could have any boy in your school yet you chose a guy who took so long to figure out he had feelings for you. I can't apologize enough for all the times I used the age card *smiles sadly*
Maya: stop. Don't be upset 'cause I'm not. I was never upset at you for what you've said. I always knew we were meant to be so I knew you'd figure it out soon enough. I wouldn't change the past for all the money in the world because it lead us to right here right now. Plus I never wanted anyone else but you *plays with his hair on the back of his neck*
Josh: *smiles and kisses her* someday is coming ferret.
Maya: can I ask you a question about that? *looks up at him*
Josh: yes but I have the right to not answer it *smirks*
Maya: so you said someday involves a trip but we won't be traveling until summer. Someday is happening after graduation isn't it? *tries to hide her frown*
Josh: yes you'll be graduated. Why are you looking sad? *frowns at seeing her sad*
Maya: I guess I just thought someday would happen before graduation so I could have my boyfriend with me at the graduation party.
Josh: oh honey don't be sad. You know I'll go to the party with you in a heartbeat. Trust me. When someday comes and you see what I planned, you'll be happy that I made it special instead of rushing it. It'll be a moment you'll remember forever *kisses her head*
Maya: you'd come to the party with me? Even if we're not together? *smiles slightly*
Josh: of course I would. You may not be my girlfriend yet but you are mine and I'm yours *smiles* now there's one last room you haven't seen yet besides the guest bathroom.
Maya: *smiles and slips her hands in his back pockets bringing him closer taking him by surprise* show me.
Josh: *swallows* you have no idea what you do to me.
Maya: *smirks* you can show me that too.
Josh: *chuckles* yeah I will one day. Not today *takes her hands out of his back pockets and lead her to the living room* I can see us cuddling in here watching movies.

Maya: I can see that too. I love the fireplace *smiles*
Josh: yeah we'll be sitting by the fire a lot in the winter *hugs her* I can see us living here together.
Maya: can I see the other bathroom?
Josh: yeah it's right by Riley's room. I was going to paint it polka dot but when I told Riley, Topanga told me not to 'cause no one puts polka dots in a bathroom *laughs*
Maya: *opens the bathroom door* Riley will like this you know. Does she know that she's got her own room here?
Josh: not yet. You two are a package deal. Most guys wouldn't have a bedroom just for their girl's best friend. But she's my niece and your best friend. I love you both.
Maya: and we love you. When she sees this she'll be really happy *smiles*

Josh: yeah here she'll have her own bathroom instead of having to share with Auggie *laughs*
Maya: now that I've seen the whole apartment, are we going to paint?
Josh: I have something else in mind *leads her to the living room and sits on the couch* [GETS STEAMY FROM HERE]
Maya: we're going to watch a movie? *smiles*
Josh: *pulls her so she's on his lap* nope *kisses her passionately*
Maya: *kisses back with just as much passion*
Josh: *licks her bottom lip asking for entrance*
Maya: *lets him in and feels his tongue dance with hers*
Josh: *rubs her sides as they make out*
Maya: *tangles her hands in his hair and lightly pulls*
Josh: *groans and continues to fight for dominance*
Maya: *subconsciously moves her hips to get more comfortable*
Josh: *feels her move and moans while trailing kisses down her jaw to her neck*
Maya: *feels him kissing her sweet spot on her neck* Josh... *moans*
Josh: *continues kissing her loving the sound of her moans*
Maya: *moans* Josh if we don't stop I'm not going to be able to...
Josh: *leaves one last kiss on her neck and looks at her* you're so damn sexy Maya *looks at her red lips* especially when your lips are red from kissing me.
Maya: *smiles* you look pretty sexy too with your hair all messy *plays with a strand of hair*
Josh: *kisses her wrist* we should probably get started on the painting *lifts her up and carries her to the bedroom to paint*
Maya: *loves the feeling of him carrying her and suddenly becomes aware that his hands are on her butt and her legs are around his waist*
Josh: *smiles at Maya while giving her butt a gentle squeeze*
Maya: *feels the squeeze and squeals* Josh...
Josh: *chuckles* sorry gorgeous. Couldn't help myself *winks*
Maya: *blushes* you're making it hard not to kiss you and never stop.
Josh: *looks at her* wait... did my action just make you...?
Maya: *blushes and hides her face in the crook of his neck*
Josh: aw baby don't hide from me *smiles* don't be embarrassed.
Maya: *looks at him* but you just figured out something I didn't even know about myself.
Josh: what did I figure out? *gently squeezes her butt again* that you like this? Maya don't be embarrassed. I like that I know this now. Makes me curious about what else you might like...
Maya: *blushes figuring out what he's going to do* don't you dare do it.
Josh: *feigns innocence* do what? *gently smacks her butt* this you mean?
Maya: *bites her lip and looks away*
Josh: *kisses her cheek* I love you. I think I'll keep this information for the future *winks* now let's get painting *puts her down and grabs the paint*

Maya and Josh spend the rest of the day painting and having fun!

A/N: that's the end of this chapter. I honestly had no idea I'd put a steamy make out session in this chapter. What did you guys think of that? I guess I'm getting more comfortable putting more mature scenes. Would you guys be okay with the steamy scenes or not? Obviously I'm not gonna have them have sex before their someday. But I'm curious. Would you guys be okay with that kind of chapter in the future once they're together? I want your honest opinions. If the majority of you don't like the idea then I won't do it. I don't want to ever post something that you guys aren't comfortable with or don't like reading. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to comment and vote 😘 love you all

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.2K 581 47
Josh returns and Maya starts falling for him... Josh is all over the place with feelings. But will they fall as one for eachother? Find out in
238K 5.7K 73
This is a Girl Meets World fanfiction. Riley, Maya, Josh, Lucas, Farkle and Zay are going to Hawaii together and it will be one big adventure. This s...
188K 4.2K 56
♡ Joshaya AU ♡ Maya is a sophomore in college with a pretty perfect life, amazing parents, a best friend who she loves more than anyone, and a boyfri...
22.7K 553 36
*This takes place a little while after Lucas chooses Riley in Girl Meets Ski Lodge Part 2* When Lucas realizes he made a mistake choosing Riley he...